Old 10-18-2008, 03:35 PM
iamdasht19 iamdasht19 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
SPJ Official Raffle Thread

what do you guys think of doing a raffle for a touch pro? what i was planning on doing is creating a new paypal account with the name raffle@smartphonejunkie.net (pb would have to hook it up) and than sell a number 1-30 for 20 bucks...... than once all 30 numbers are sold the raffle begans and i will record LIVE AND STREAING on www.qik.com under the smartphonejunkie group that i made..... tell me what you think of the idea... or do you think that we should make it 10 bucks and have 60 slots? need some ideas because what i would like to do is have a raffle a month or something for a device and jsut do it that way not to make any money but instead to build up some rep for spj :>

and post watcha guys think about this idea :>

HERE ARE THE OFFICIAL RULES!!
1. RAFFLES WILL BE ALTERNATING BETWEEN PROVIDERS OF GSM AND CDMA MONTHLY (SO FAIR FOR EVERYONE) (WILL POST UP PICTURES WITH MY USERNAME IN THE BACKGROUND OF THE PHONE)
2. THERE WILL BE 2 OPTIONS (BASED ON MY CHOICE) 60 TICKETS AT $12.00 OR 30 TICKETS AT $22.00 (EACH PERSON CAN PURCHASE UP TO 3 TICKETS) (STAFF ALLOWED BESIDES ME SINCE I WILL BE DRAWING)
3. EACH MONTH A THREAD WILL BE NAMED LIKE THIS "SPRINT TOUCH DIAMOND RAFFLE" TO GET INTO THE RAFFLE YOU HAVE TO POST YOUR UNIQUE PAYPAL RECEIPT NUMBER (SEND PAYPAL TO raffle@smartphonejunkie.net) IN THE THREAD WITH THE NUMBER OF TICKETS YOU PURCHASED. THAN STAFF WILL ASSIGN YOU THE NUMBER/S FOR THE RAFFLE (PLEASE DONT ASK FOR CERTAIN NUMBERS THEY WILL GO IN ORDER)
4. WHEN ALL TICKETS ARE SOLD I WILL USE QIK (LIVE STREAMING) TO DRAW THE WINNING NUMBER. (FROM MY COWBOY HAT) I WILL POST THE LINK TO THE SMARTPHONEJUNKIE GROUP ON THERE SO ALL CAN SEE
5. ONCE A WINNER IS DRAWN I WILL POST THE WINNER IN THE THREAD AND CLOSE IT AS WELL AS PM THE WINNER GETTING THE INFORMATION ON WHERE TO SEND IT OUT TO.
6. NOW LETS HAVE FUN :>
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked
Old 10-18-2008, 03:52 PM
Mobile Model: T.O.U.C.H P.R.O
Mobile Carrier: SPRINT SPEED
Mobile OS: 6.1

View Fatal_Error's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Fatal_Error's Photo Album Add Fatal_Error's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Idea For SPJ

I'm game for it

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fatal_Error For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2008, 04:02 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by toked420420 View Post

I'm game for it
saweet because i think that this would be a great addition to have a monthly drawing :> and with the drawing being live and no way to edit the video there would be no saying that i was cheating and just gave it to the person that i wanted to give it to :>
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2008, 04:03 PM

View Fatal_Error's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Fatal_Error's Photo Album Add Fatal_Error's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

That is true. I just wanna be the winner lol

The Following User Says Thank You to Fatal_Error For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2008, 04:08 PM
Find Em Hot Leave Em Wet
Mobile Model: TP2, omnia, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: Can You Hear Me Now

Thanked 2,677 Times in 807 Posts

View MikeyD's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View MikeyD's Photo Album Add MikeyD's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

saweet because i think that this would be a great addition to have a monthly drawing :> and with the drawing being live and no way to edit the video there would be no saying that i was cheating and just gave it to the person that i wanted to give it to :>
works for me a chance to win something like that for 20 or 30 buck.........shit that would be awsome.....i dont know what kind stuff you can get ahold of but if it would be nice to have devices from different carriers.....like a different carrier every month, something like that.

The Following User Says Thank You to MikeyD For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2008, 04:17 PM

“ Originally Posted by MikeyD View Post

works for me a chance to win something like that for 20 or 30 buck.........shit that would be awsome.....i dont know what kind stuff you can get ahold of but if it would be nice to have devices from different carriers.....like a different carrier every month, something like that.
thats what i was thinking too :> basically it would be high end devices onyl.... diamond, touch pro, (both gsm ad cdma) the google phone when it comes out and so on...... jsut basically waiting on pb to see this thread and see what he says and if he can get me hooked up with thatemail address so i can make a paypal account :> and 20 bucks a pop will be the highest and 10 will be the lowest. just depends on phone and all on how many tickets will be sold.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2008, 05:03 PM
Tech-O-Shock
Mobile Model: Htc Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

View Tigerz's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Tigerz's Photo Album Add Tigerz's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I like it, although i think staff shouldn't be allowed to enter, just like how all the companys do it and shit cause if a staff member won im not sure how the members would feel. But anyway yaeh i totally dig the idea, its sweeet

EDIT: So i did a little searching on that site and like wtf dash i want to see more!!! http://qik.com/video/400071

Old 10-18-2008, 05:09 PM
OG Member
Mobile Model: Pixel 7 Pro
Mobile Carrier: Metro PCS
Mobile OS: Android

Thanked 10,859 Times in 2,859 Posts
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 152

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

what do you guys think of doing a raffle for a touch pro? what i was planning on doing is creating a new paypal account with the name raffle@smartphonejunkie.net (pb would have to hook it up) and than sell a number 1-30 for 20 bucks...... than once all 30 numbers are sold the raffle begans and i will record LIVE AND STREAING on www.qik.com under the smartphonejunkie group that i made..... tell me what you think of the idea... or do you think that we should make it 10 bucks and have 60 slots? need some ideas because what i would like to do is have a raffle a month or something for a device and jsut do it that way not to make any money but instead to build up some rep for spj :>

and post watcha guys think about this idea :>

that's sounds cool but what about posting it in members area, to get there interest.Reason why i say that some people don't work some go to school and some are in financial hardship ..It wouldn't hurt,and if they are down with it then we move forward.. or cast a vote.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to puertoblack2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2008, 07:43 PM
The Man with the Plan!
Mobile Model: Mogul/Touch/IPHONE3G
Mobile Carrier: Sprint,AT&T,T-Mobile

Thanked 4,700 Times in 1,421 Posts

View ICEM/\N's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ICEM/\N's Photo Album Add ICEM/\N's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

hey I think this would be awesome...I am down for the 60 slots for $10 bucks each...and would members have the chance to buy more than one entry? Also...you all know I have connections...well I had the google phone earlier today and had it for a few hours...I tried almost every app on it...and all the features of the phone are cool as hell...touch screen is responsive as hell...it is the first truly finger touch screen phone which is just as responsive as the screen on the Iphone...and trust me I have tried them all from palms, wm phones, the only thing that had come close was the LG DARE...which is just a regular phone...but even that touch screen sucked compared to the iphone but the google phone does live up...no camcorder on the G1, just a camera with no flash...you have access to itunes like music store with the amazon mp3 store...alot of other great features as well...hit me up if you want to know more about phone...I actually enjoyed my time with it...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ICEM/\N For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2008, 09:51 PM
Mobile Model: TP
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 2,840 Times in 1,141 Posts

View TweetyBear's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View TweetyBear's Photo Album Add TweetyBear's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

liking this idea dash! of course i wanna win! lmao

The Following User Says Thank You to TweetyBear For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2008, 10:18 PM
ADMIN-Watch what you say!
Mobile Model: Touch PRO2, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: On the NOW Network

Thanked 6,030 Times in 1,977 Posts

View BiG JeW's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BiG JeW's Photo Album Add BiG JeW's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

@ LOL TOKES AVATAR! grraet IDEA!! i AM DOWN!!

Old 10-18-2008, 11:06 PM
•crzy_dmnà ¢â‚¬Â¢
Mobile Model: иoиε
Mobile Carrier: spriиt or at&t

Thanked 2,115 Times in 720 Posts

View NINE'SICKS's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View NINE'SICKS's Photo Album Add NINE'SICKS's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

count me in...

and if staffs not allowed how can we keep from having any member of staff ask a friend to join to get the phone? im not saying this idea is bad, but if its a contest u want how about this??
WE HOLD A CONTEST ON WHO CAN GET THE BEST EXPOSURE FOR THE SITE.
ie ON T.V/NEWS/MAGAZINES etc.. aside from youtube because we all know who the youtube king is for the site !!
but then again if we had video of someperson(s) doing what it takes to attract attention to the site that would be good... ie at the apple store telling ppl why WM based phones are better.. walking down a heavly populated area with signs/banners.. you all get the idea..

*edit, of course there will be guidlines for legal reasons, depending on what state we all live in..
its need to be a pic/vid that will have to include time and date.. also proof it was done bye a member, or assembled by a member..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NINE'SICKS For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2008, 03:25 PM

“ Originally Posted by NINE'SICKS View Post

count me in...

and if staffs not allowed how can we keep from having any member of staff ask a friend to join to get the phone? im not saying this idea is bad, but if its a contest u want how about this??
WE HOLD A CONTEST ON WHO CAN GET THE BEST EXPOSURE FOR THE SITE.
ie ON T.V/NEWS/MAGAZINES etc.. aside from youtube because we all know who the youtube king is for the site !!
but then again if we had video of someperson(s) doing what it takes to attract attention to the site that would be good... ie at the apple store telling ppl why WM based phones are better.. walking down a heavly populated area with signs/banners.. you all get the idea..

*edit, of course there will be guidlines for legal reasons, depending on what state we all live in..
its need to be a pic/vid that will have to include time and date.. also proof it was done bye a member, or assembled by a member..
yeah but that makes it hard bro i would be purchasing the phone and making squat but my money back off of the phone..... so really its jsut something for the members and to draw attention.... i will move this to the site news area and see what the members think :>
Old 10-19-2008, 05:46 PM
•crzy_dmnà ¢â‚¬Â¢
Mobile Model: иoиε
Mobile Carrier: spriиt or at&t

Thanked 2,115 Times in 720 Posts

View NINE'SICKS's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View NINE'SICKS's Photo Album Add NINE'SICKS's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

NO PROBLEM, JUST AN IDEA lol..

The Following User Says Thank You to NINE'SICKS For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2008, 07:16 PM
Mobile Model: Motorola Rizr Z3
Mobile Carrier: Tmobile

View Evolancer13's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Evolancer13's Photo Album Add Evolancer13's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

just include the g1 and im DOWN!!
Old 10-19-2008, 07:19 PM

“ Originally Posted by Evolancer13 View Post

just include the g1 and im DOWN!!
it will be a different phone each month
Old 10-19-2008, 07:21 PM
SPJ FREAKSTER!
Mobile Model: PRO&DIAMOND!!
Mobile Carrier: Rev a speeeeeddddddd

Thanked 1,139 Times in 584 Posts

View 1mrlcb's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View 1mrlcb's Photo Album Add 1mrlcb's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Great idea

Old 10-19-2008, 07:38 PM

“ Originally Posted by 1mrlcb View Post

Great idea
cool beans as long as others say so too we will have this impemented and starting in november. just want to make sure if i purchase the phones that will go up ofr raffle that people will purchase the raffle ticket numbers and all... :>
Old 10-19-2008, 07:41 PM

Hey D/\SH are we gonna keep the staff out and leave it for the members?

Old 10-19-2008, 07:43 PM

Hey D/\SH are we gonna keep the staff out and leave it for the members?
not sure want to get feeback on this from the members and all.... still an all live program do no way to rig it or anything.... and im planning on doing it somewhere in public so people will know that it isnt rigged and all.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2008, 07:48 PM
SPJ FREAKSTER!
Mobile Model: PRO&DIAMOND!!
Mobile Carrier: Rev a speeeeeddddddd

Thanked 1,139 Times in 584 Posts

View 1mrlcb's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View 1mrlcb's Photo Album Add 1mrlcb's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

cool beans as long as others say so too we will have this impemented and starting in november. just want to make sure if i purchase the phones that will go up ofr raffle that people will purchase the raffle ticket numbers and all... :>
If you buy the phones and no one buys the tickets then ill just buy the phones from you

Old 10-19-2008, 08:01 PM

“ Originally Posted by 1mrlcb View Post

If you buy the phones and no one buys the tickets then ill just buy the phones from you
hahahahaha but thats no fun :< lmao im hoping this will be the next big idfea at spj to get members a phone of their dreams for a cheap price :>
Old 10-19-2008, 08:04 PM

I agree with D/\SH, I'm thinking of those poor college kids that can't afford it and are still drinking Natual Ice beer

Old 10-19-2008, 08:06 PM

I agree with D/\SH, I'm thinking of those poor college kids that can't afford it and are still drinking Natual Ice beer
hahahhahahaha for sure thats where im at lmao.... but worth a shot to see what people think.... and not nattie ice its bud light round me... i cant stand drinking nattie :nasty:
Old 10-19-2008, 08:07 PM

I'm a dark beer man anything not made in america black and tans all the way

Old 10-19-2008, 08:18 PM

I'm a dark beer man anything not made in america black and tans all the way
hahahaha for sure i do enjoy my german beers :> but hell the foreign shot costs too much and ill tell you what they leave me with quite a hangover.... still trying to get over one right now :<
Old 10-19-2008, 08:27 PM
She's BACK
Mobile Model: TP2, Iphone, Cliq
Mobile Carrier: Tmobile, At&t

View simplyput3456's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View simplyput3456's Photo Album Add simplyput3456's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I think it's a great idea! I want a touch pro but seeing how i'm testing my financial limits with all my gadgets...I have to wait to purchase it.

The Following User Says Thank You to simplyput3456 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2008, 08:29 PM

“ Originally Posted by simplyput3456 View Post

I think it's a great idea! I want a touch pro but seeing how i'm testing my financial limits with all my gadgets...I have to wait to purchase it.
word i understand that fully.... we are all going through it right now :< thats why the thread to make sure that there will be interest before i drop the cash on the phone.
Old 10-19-2008, 08:32 PM
The Man with the Plan!
Mobile Model: Mogul/Touch/IPHONE3G
Mobile Carrier: Sprint,AT&T,T-Mobile

Thanked 4,700 Times in 1,421 Posts

View ICEM/\N's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ICEM/\N's Photo Album Add ICEM/\N's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by simplyput3456 View Post

you went and got a diamond...ah man, I feel as though that device blows...I'm surprised that even Big Jew went to that...

Old 10-19-2008, 08:35 PM

“ Originally Posted by ICEM/\N View Post

you went and got a diamond...ah man, I feel as though that device blows...I'm surprised that even Big Jew went to that...
its not that bad of a device really...... theres the ups and downs just like any other device.... and than by the time we get the custom roms to be fully complete and the phone running the way it is supposed to run they come out with some new device that starts the cycle all over again :>
Old 10-19-2008, 08:43 PM
Mobile Model: sprint mogul
Mobile Carrier: sprint

View monkeyxiv's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View monkeyxiv's Photo Album Add monkeyxiv's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

im game but wait a few i just made botha car and truck payment :P
Old 10-19-2008, 09:07 PM

“ Originally Posted by monkeyxiv View Post

im game but wait a few i just made botha car and truck payment :P
well if there is enough interest what it will be is starting next month and a new phone for each and every month with different providers and all so no providers and members get left out of the mix :>
Old 10-19-2008, 09:09 PM

View monkeyxiv's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View monkeyxiv's Photo Album Add monkeyxiv's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

swooot wells make sure its not around payment date :P 800 dollars a month= poor man walking beginning of the month
Old 10-19-2008, 09:15 PM

swooot wells make sure its not around payment date :P 800 dollars a month= poor man walking beginning of the month
hahahahaha im hoping to start it in the middle of the month to make it easier for people to know what there cash books are looking like at the time :>
Old 10-19-2008, 09:20 PM

View Evolancer13's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Evolancer13's Photo Album Add Evolancer13's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

okay i dont feel like reading all this, but soo raffle or lottery whatever you want to call it, 20 for the ticket and the prize would be a maybe 100-200 dollar phone? this is amazing!!!!!!!!! lol. how are you guys gonna afford it? or where is the question?
Old 10-19-2008, 09:22 PM

okay i dont feel like reading all this, but soo raffle or lottery whatever you want to call it, 20 for the ticket and the prize would be a maybe 100-200 dollar phone? this is amazing!!!!!!!!! lol. how are you guys gonna afford it? or where is the question?
its an 600 dollar phone and they pay for it by the raffle, aka 60 people pay 10 dollars thats 600 dollars aka the money it costs for the phone one person walks home with it. they gain nor lose money with it.
The Following User Says Thank You to monkeyxiv For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2008, 09:24 PM

its an 600 dollar phone and they pay for it by the raffle, aka 60 people pay 10 dollars thats 600 dollars aka the money it costs for the phone one person walks home with it. they gain nor lose money with it.
exactly...... 60 people at 10 bucks a pop and 4 times a year or something we may do one for 20 bucks a pop with 30 tickets sold to give better odds... either way with 30 or 60 tickets being sold the odds are pretty damn good compared to anything else out ther.e
Old 10-19-2008, 09:29 PM
Mobile Model: htc touch pro

View whogivsafuq's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View whogivsafuq's Photo Album Add whogivsafuq's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

im down. i think its a good idea. you just got to get lucky. hope i get lucky haha.
The Following User Says Thank You to whogivsafuq For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2008, 09:33 PM

“ Originally Posted by whogivsafuq View Post

im down. i think its a good idea. you just got to get lucky. hope i get lucky haha.
hahahhaaha for sure its like trying to lose your virginity all over again :>
Old 10-19-2008, 09:34 PM

hahahhaaha for sure its like trying to lose your virginity all over again :>
ahhh that was the best 59 seconds of meh life
Old 10-19-2008, 09:35 PM

lol... 59 secs? uhh dont want to go there...

yeah im down... i got a bank account and i can spare 10 a month and if i dont like the phone i win i can always use ebay... and yeahh by november end of it im blowing most my money to blackfriday and ill have another job by then... looks good! cant wait!
Where you getting the phones from?
and maybe we can poll for the phone we want that month when you guys got no ideas, and the phone up forsale will be a secret untill the minute its suppose to be released...
Old 10-19-2008, 09:38 PM

well i am thinking here d/\sh what about the shipping and handeling? thats like 6 bucks a phone thats gunna come out of ur pocket. maybe that should be worked in somehow. maybe 11 dollars a ticket and then thats money for s/h time aswell as small donation towards the community,
Old 10-19-2008, 09:39 PM

lol... 59 secs? uhh dont want to go there...

yeah im down... i got a bank account and i can spare 10 a month and if i dont like the phone i win i can always use ebay... and yeahh by november end of it im blowing most my money to blackfriday and ill have another job by then... looks good! cant wait!
Where you getting the phones from?
and maybe we can poll for the phone we want that month when you guys got no ideas, and the phone up forsale will be a secret untill the minute its suppose to be released...
yeah what i was hoping by starting at the middle of the month is that the touch pro through sprint will be released :> than go from there.... but i like the idea of the vote.... only problem i see with it is since we here at spj are mostly cdma being sprint mainly the other providers are going to get outvoted every time since there is simply less of them.... but i still think that there is enough of them to be straight with doing gsm phones every other month. and i will be getting the sprint phones from where i work and the other phones in person.
Old 10-19-2008, 09:40 PM

i dont mind the sprint and non tmobile phones... i can unlock (maybe) but like i said i can sell it :-)
The Following User Says Thank You to Evolancer13 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2008, 09:45 PM

well we could just have a gsm phone setup and each time theres enough tickets sold its raffled off. you dont' necessarily have to put an end date. know what im saying?
Old 10-19-2008, 09:48 PM

well we could just have a gsm phone setup and each time theres enough tickets sold its raffled off. you dont' necessarily have to put an end date. know what im saying?
yea but some people wont want to wait that long for the mere fact they dont know if there will ever be enough interest and all........ this is still in early beta thinking and with everyones help im hoping that we can get this started by the middle on november.
Old 10-19-2008, 09:51 PM

or just do like the real lottery is done... ticket is good untill numbers is read, after words you put a lock or something soo somebody doesnt by next months tickets and thinks its for the drawing thats gonna happen the next minute... i think it be good... after first couple of raffles and ppl who participate they will understand... we should do it like woot.com does this is there "rules" "I see only one item, do you sell anything else?
No. We sell one item per day until it is sold out or until 11:59pm central time when it is replaced (see next entry for details). However, each item we sell is in stock and typically ships within 2-3 business days.
What is the schedule for new items?
The short answer: we offer a new item every single day. The details: a new product is released every morning at 12am central time, seven days a week. (If you're not a morning person, this can be described as every night at midnight. Better?) If a product sells out during its run, a new item will not appear until the next release time. You will know if a product is sold out, because the main page says "SOLD OUT" instead of "I want one". (Clever, eh?)
I missed yesterday's item, can I still get one?
No. Each woot.com product is discontinued at 11:59pm central time. That's that. Period. We may get more at a later date if we're lucky, but we offer no guarantees, we allow no backorders, and we have no waiting/notification lists. Too bad."
The Following User Says Thank You to Evolancer13 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2008, 09:53 PM

or just do like the real lottery is done... ticket is good untill numbers is read, after words you put a lock or something soo somebody doesnt by next months tickets and thinks its for the drawing thats gonna happen the next minute... i think it be good... after first couple of raffles and ppl who participate they will understand... we should do it like woot.com does this is there "rules" "I see only one item, do you sell anything else?
No. We sell one item per day until it is sold out or until 11:59pm central time when it is replaced (see next entry for details). However, each item we sell is in stock and typically ships within 2-3 business days.
What is the schedule for new items?
The short answer: we offer a new item every single day. The details: a new product is released every morning at 12am central time, seven days a week. (If you're not a morning person, this can be described as every night at midnight. Better?) If a product sells out during its run, a new item will not appear until the next release time. You will know if a product is sold out, because the main page says "SOLD OUT" instead of "I want one". (Clever, eh?)
I missed yesterday's item, can I still get one?
No. Each woot.com product is discontinued at 11:59pm central time. That's that. Period. We may get more at a later date if we're lucky, but we offer no guarantees, we allow no backorders, and we have no waiting/notification lists. Too bad."
i like the idea :>
Old 10-19-2008, 09:58 PM

you also just raffle the phone and once the winner is declared then you email them asking if they want gsm or cmda/ what there carrier is. they respond back with shipping address and what they want and you order it with the raffle money, this takes care of the off brand people, and saves from having to ship in/out twice.
The Following User Says Thank You to monkeyxiv For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2008, 10:04 PM

great idea... what it the winner doesnt reply within certin amount of time what happens?
but i like that method... dash we should get a thread bout the rules once this is underway and it gets posted with the thread of the lottery for the phone...
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
official, raffle, spj, thread