Random Community Topics

Post New ThreadReply

Old 11-17-2008, 03:33 PM
jerryrigg jerryrigg is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: 6800, 6900, diamond
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View jerryrigg's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jerryrigg's Photo Album Add jerryrigg's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Redfly

Has anyone seen this thing?? Anyone here have one (D/\SH??)
http://www.celiocorp.com/

I think I want one, but I find it odd that I couldn't find anything on it here on SPJ

The Following User Says Thank You to jerryrigg For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2008, 03:58 PM
Find Em Hot Leave Em Wet
Mobile Model: TP2, omnia, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: Can You Hear Me Now
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 2,677 Times in 807 Posts

View MikeyD's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View MikeyD's Photo Album Add MikeyD's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Redfly

“ Originally Posted by jerryrigg View Post

Has anyone seen this thing?? Anyone here have one (D/\SH??)
http://www.celiocorp.com/

I think I want one, but I find it odd that I couldn't find anything on it here on SPJ
well go to the request thread and request it if you cant find it

The Following User Says Thank You to MikeyD For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2008, 04:06 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Mogul (PPC-6800)
Mobile Carrier: Sprint PCS
Mobile OS: 6.1

View legend2700's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View legend2700's Photo Album Add legend2700's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

ive seen this b4 i personally dislike it =( it does look kewl.... but its not a umpc.... u can get a umpc that has the foot print of a DVD case!!! with windows vista! the bad part is that they cost big bucks tho... =( but i plan on getin this sumtime the next tablet pc i want

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to legend2700 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2008, 04:20 PM
Mobile Model: Motorola Rizr Z3
Mobile Carrier: Tmobile

View Evolancer13's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Evolancer13's Photo Album Add Evolancer13's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

wow never heard of it... thanks for the update.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Evolancer13 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2008, 04:25 PM

View legend2700's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View legend2700's Photo Album Add legend2700's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by Evolancer13 View Post

wow never heard of it... thanks for the update.
haha no problem dude.... and its cuz the UMPC (ultra-portable pc) market place is still very new and has no advertisement.... i can guarantee that they will be the future of portable pc's

The Following User Says Thank You to legend2700 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2008, 04:35 PM
Mobile Model: Sprint Touch Pro

Thanked 1,567 Times in 480 Posts

View Sh0wNuF's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Sh0wNuF's Photo Album Add Sh0wNuF's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I heard about this...the redfly thing basically just hooks up to your phone so you can use your phone just like you would use a laptop. Redfly has no operating system and isn't even a computer, all it is is a terminal that you can use your phone on. Still its pretty cool and I'm sure it is a must have for people who handle a lot of business and emails on their phone

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sh0wNuF For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2008, 04:40 PM

“ Originally Posted by Sh0wNuF View Post

I heard about this...the redfly thing basically just hooks up to your phone so you can use your phone just like you would use a laptop. Redfly has no operating system and isn't even a computer, all it is is a terminal that you can use your phone on. Still its pretty cool and I'm sure it is a must have for people who handle a lot of business and emails on their phone
yes very well put =) but honesty... this is about the same size a the umpc i want... and there r umpc's that u can fit into sum pockets... such as the oqo model 2... its 1 of the smallest umpc's! [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRPULz_G7hI[/ame]

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to legend2700 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2008, 04:44 PM
Mobile Model: Motorola Rizr Z3
Mobile Carrier: Tmobile

View Evolancer13's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Evolancer13's Photo Album Add Evolancer13's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

my dad got a HP mininote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Evolancer13 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2008, 04:46 PM

“ Originally Posted by Evolancer13 View Post

my dad got a HP mininote
these r very nice! im a big fan of hp.... i am a touchscreen junkie tho

Old 11-17-2008, 09:51 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by legend2700 View Post

yes very well put =) but honesty... this is about the same size a the umpc i want... and there r umpc's that u can fit into sum pockets... such as the oqo model 2... its 1 of the smallest umpc's! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRPULz_G7hI

i have a oqo model 2 and i love it. jsut recently upgraded to it and so far so good :>
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2008, 09:53 PM

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

i have a oqo model 2 and i love it. jsut recently upgraded to it and so far so good :>
thats what i thought.... omfg i would love to have a umpc! but isnt the oqo model 2's screen just a digitizer and not touch?

Old 11-18-2008, 05:44 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

thats what i thought.... omfg i would love to have a umpc! but isnt the oqo model 2's screen just a digitizer and not touch?
unfortunately yes, you would have to use the stylus to navigate aroudn the screen if you odnt use the built in mouse or usb/wireless mouse :<
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2008, 05:48 PM

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

unfortunately yes, you would have to use the stylus to navigate aroudn the screen if you odnt use the built in mouse or usb/wireless mouse :<
well poop lmao... i kinda wanted 1 but i like touchscreen and digitizer... im still planning on getting the kohjinsha sc3... but im afraid that it would like replace my tablet pc =(

Old 11-19-2008, 09:52 AM

View jerryrigg's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jerryrigg's Photo Album Add jerryrigg's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I'm into the idea of Ultramobility, I also like the idea that it doesn't house any data- I had a laptop stolen from me recently- so I lost a lot of information. There's some satisfaction on knowing that if someone stole the damn thing from me, they'd be (most likely) too stupid to use it. I'm slated to get a pro here in a couple weeks (yeah, I know- Im behind the curve) I want something to take with me on the road to really maximize the thing- so I was interested in the Redfly- thanks for ya'lls input.

on another note- this thing is cool / weird
http://www.wibrain.com/

I kinda like the layout- its different. But I think D/\sh is right,m the OQO is probably the best umpc available right now- and they are actually getting affordable.

--------- New Post Merged on 19/11/2008 at 1058 --------

this was my idea, these people stole it from me. (lol)

http://www.truetip.com/

The Following User Says Thank You to jerryrigg For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2008, 07:49 PM

I'm into the idea of Ultramobility, I also like the idea that it doesn't house any data- I had a laptop stolen from me recently- so I lost a lot of information. There's some satisfaction on knowing that if someone stole the damn thing from me, they'd be (most likely) too stupid to use it. I'm slated to get a pro here in a couple weeks (yeah, I know- Im behind the curve) I want something to take with me on the road to really maximize the thing- so I was interested in the Redfly- thanks for ya'lls input.

on another note- this thing is cool / weird
http://www.wibrain.com/

I kinda like the layout- its different. But I think D/\sh is right,m the OQO is probably the best umpc available right now- and they are actually getting affordable.

--------- New Post Merged on 19/11/2008 at 1058 --------

this was my idea, these people stole it from me. (lol)

http://www.truetip.com/
ouch... thats horrible that sum1 stole that from u... im very sorry about that..... im luckey that i have a fingerprint reader on my screen.... i have a password to get in but its 20 charicters long lmao! and the wibrain does look weird =/ and the oqo is probably the nicest umpc..... but im a big funtionality person.. and the oqo doesnt have as much functionality as sum other umpc's

Old 12-08-2008, 09:18 AM

UPDATE:
I got a new Acer AspireOne UMPC. this little dude is pretty cool. 144gb hard drive, atom processor and a gig of RAM running xp (home...but not for long) so far so good. and tha darned thing was only $349 at Office Depot!

Here's a pic of my messy desktop at work-

Keyboard is a tad bit small for my big hands, but Im getting used to it. I had it streaming movies from server last night and it did very well, resolution wasn't paramount, but considering what I paid for it and what it is Im not complaining. Hopefully I can deploy this thing on a WIMAX after I get the hardware. Clearwire says they will support it here. I guess we'll see.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jerryrigg For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2008, 09:39 AM
SPJ FREAKSTER!
Mobile Model: PRO&DIAMOND!!
Mobile Carrier: Rev a speeeeeddddddd

Thanked 1,139 Times in 584 Posts

View 1mrlcb's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View 1mrlcb's Photo Album Add 1mrlcb's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

UPDATE:
I got a new Acer AspireOne UMPC. this little dude is pretty cool. 144gb hard drive, atom processor and a gig of RAM running xp (home...but not for long) so far so good. and tha darned thing was only $349 at Office Depot!

Keyboard is a tad bit small for my big hands, but Im getting used to it. I had it streaming movies from server last night and it did very well, resolution wasn't paramount, but considering what I paid for it and what it is Im not complaining. Hopefully I can deploy this thing on a WIMAX after I get the hardware. Clearwire says they will support it here. I guess we'll see.
Nice and great for the price

Old 12-08-2008, 05:37 PM

UPDATE:

well ive heard of these before... but i dint really like it.. but i kinda like how this looks next to the mogul lol... i just think umpc's r totaly worthless unless they have touchscreens... lol! and the price aint bad... but xp is lame now after having vista.... and i do have to say i like the phone stand the most out of this pic! lmao! where did u get that? :coffee_L:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to legend2700 For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
redfly