Post New ThreadReply

Old 11-19-2008, 10:58 AM
tehdefiant1 tehdefiant1 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Proâ„¢ + MR6
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.5

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View tehdefiant1's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View tehdefiant1's Photo Album Add tehdefiant1's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Plan of action I need some ideas

I've searched and read on ppl trading in thier Moguls or Vogues to get Diamonds and Pros... (Usually free or @ difference of retail prices.) I want in on the action too! I just need some direction from vets that have done this already.

This is my situation.

Last August my SERO contract expired and I decided to get the Vogue. It was my first PPC. Touch screen, small.. I thought it was simply badass. Plus I had been dying for a new phone since I had to replace my Samsung Blade for something so crappy that it can't be mentioned- Then I joined this forum and I found out about the Touch Pro (I would of waited if I knew but I guess I was too impatient back in August). Basically, now, I WANT THE PRO!!

On record I have gone to a Sprint Store to try and swap my (scratched up) Vogue for a "newer" looking one by saying that my phone was dropping calls b4 (they turned me away by "changing a setting" on the phone and saying it was ok. I never returned there since.) I was thinking I could probably use that and say that the phone and my local store has just pissed me the hell off and I want another PPC. Then pay the diff retail price of a Pro. I don't know if theres anymore known bugs about the Vogue I should know and probably mention.

You guys have a better idea?
How would I go about it without taking a permanent bite out of my pocket?
Old 11-19-2008, 11:40 AM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Plan of action I need some ideas

look though the threads on the ones that people have done and they told you how to do it? just follow what it said...... theres probably 10 threads like this already, is there really a use for another one?
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2008, 10:26 PM
tehdefiant1 tehdefiant1 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Proâ„¢ + MR6
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

View tehdefiant1's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View tehdefiant1's Photo Album Add tehdefiant1's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Yeah, true, but I got a freak resolve to go along with it too!!

About an hour after posting this on SPJ I got a coutesy call from Sprint asking me if I was satisfied with my service. Lol! Now I have a new no-charge exceptpayingforshippingbutthatsoksinceitsbettertha npaying600bones Diamond coming in the mail. I called back just now to verify if it was processed and it is.

I remember plugging in if I could get an upgrade HTC phone but with a keyboard. I think the rep said something like.. "We do have two upgrades to the HTC Touch. The Touch Diamond and Pro. Unfortunately I do not have the Pro available in my system." I didn't want to rock the boat and just went ahead and agreed.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still set on getting the Pro. But maybe after a day or so of having the diamond, I'll call back and ask if I could get the keyboard version instead...or go to a store and just do it in person.

Even if it doesn't work out ill still be golden Wish me luck
The Following User Says Thank You to tehdefiant1 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2008, 11:46 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by tehdefiant1 View Post

Yeah, true, but I got a freak resolve to go along with it too!!

About an hour after posting this on SPJ I got a coutesy call from Sprint asking me if I was satisfied with my service. Lol! Now I have a new no-charge exceptpayingforshippingbutthatsoksinceitsbettertha npaying600bones Diamond coming in the mail. I called back just now to verify if it was processed and it is.

I remember plugging in if I could get an upgrade HTC phone but with a keyboard. I think the rep said something like.. "We do have two upgrades to the HTC Touch. The Touch Diamond and Pro. Unfortunately I do not have the Pro available in my system." I didn't want to rock the boat and just went ahead and agreed.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still set on getting the Pro. But maybe after a day or so of having the diamond, I'll call back and ask if I could get the keyboard version instead...or go to a store and just do it in person.

Even if it doesn't work out ill still be golden Wish me luck
good luck and hopefully you will get the pro... .i have both and can say the diamond is a very nice phone but with all the extra features the pro brings i couldnt turn it down even if there was a wait.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
action, ideas, plan, pro, swap, touch, trade, vogue