Old 11-20-2008, 06:49 PM
iamdasht19 iamdasht19 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Another idea to get SPJ out there

i was thinking if the graphic designers could team up and makea flyer for the site. i was thinking to go with a black and white version that was clean and easy on the eyes as well as colored ink lmao. (little color around borders or for shading is ok of course.) let me know what you think about the idea because i was thinking if we got people to drop these flyers off at local cell phone shops we could get SPJ even bigger than it has got alredy!! lets here some input and please vote also..... and also after you vote can you reply to the thread with the reason why you feel it is a good or bad idea :>

Thanks
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2008, 06:51 PM
Mobile Model: Htc Touch Pro 1 & 2
Mobile Carrier: Kaos
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 3,590 Times in 1,164 Posts
Uploads: 1

View kaos's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View kaos's Photo Album Add kaos's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Another idea to get SPJ out there

sounds like a good idea...But what worries me alittle..Is the fact that it would mean personally doing it...if they wanted to be a dick rom cooks could ger prosecuted..I mean same shit kinda happened to no2chem..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kaos For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2008, 06:51 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch
Mobile Carrier: Bell

Thanked 1,491 Times in 532 Posts

View raybond25's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View raybond25's Photo Album Add raybond25's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

that's a great idea

i would be more than happy to see if the local bell and telus stores would take 'em and wouldn't mind helping out wherever i can
The Following User Says Thank You to raybond25 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2008, 07:11 PM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 6,468 Times in 1,715 Posts

View Mike20PR's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mike20PR's Photo Album Add Mike20PR's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

sonds like a good idea, how about a digital flyer also? like a eye catching signature for all members free to use and paste wherever they like, promoting smartphonejunkie so we can use in our siggys in any other site that we are registered in. The more members that do this, the more people will be exposed to the site and enter. It can also be pasted in willing members myspace profiles, facebook etc.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mike20PR For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2008, 07:13 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by kaos View Post

sounds like a good idea...But what worries me alittle..Is the fact that it would mean personally doing it...if they wanted to be a dick rom cooks could ger prosecuted..I mean same shit kinda happened to no2chem..
yeah i can see that a little bit too..... huh lets see what pb can find out on the issue too :>

“ Originally Posted by Mike20PR View Post

sonds like a good idea, how about a digital flyer also? like a eye catching signature for all members free to use and paste wherever they like, promoting smartphonejunkie so we can use in our siggys in any other site that we are registered in. The more members that do this, the more people will be exposed to the site and enter. It can also be pasted in willing members myspace profiles, facebook etc.
i like the idea mikey :>
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2008, 07:15 PM
•crzy_dmnà ¢â‚¬Â¢
Mobile Model: иoиε
Mobile Carrier: spriиt or at&t

Thanked 2,115 Times in 720 Posts

View NINE'SICKS's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View NINE'SICKS's Photo Album Add NINE'SICKS's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i askd if i could do this in a few places and sprint told me the would prosecute, and what we offerd would break ppls insurence bcuz they dont want customers comming in with problems due to roms and or other issues. but the ppl i know did say theyd pass on the site word of mouth depending on the type of phone customers would buy. this is why i wanted to work @ a retail store.. i can hand out cards/flyers and not worry bcuz it would only be a 2nd job for me...

(radioshacks cool and so r lil cell providers.. but not major carriers)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NINE'SICKS For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2008, 07:19 PM

“ Originally Posted by NINE'SICKS View Post

i askd if i could do this in a few places and sprint told me the would prosecute, and what we offerd would break ppls insurence bcuz they dont want customers comming in with problems due to roms and or other issues. but the ppl i know did say theyd pass on the site word of mouth depending on the type of phone customers would buy. this is why i wanted to work @ a retail store.. i can hand out cards/flyers and not worry bcuz it would only be a 2nd job for me...
yea butsome dont realize that there is roms for the phones.... jsut walk in and be like i have a ppc and smartphone forum for support an was wondering if you would be willing to have some fliers on the desk or add them in the bag after a sale. they might be willing to do this since it would help out the tech guys in the store with questions from the noobs.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:24 PM
•crzy_dmnà ¢â‚¬Â¢
Mobile Model: иoиε
Mobile Carrier: spriиt or at&t

Thanked 2,115 Times in 720 Posts

View NINE'SICKS's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View NINE'SICKS's Photo Album Add NINE'SICKS's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

ill see what i can dig up, most of the guys r cool with me and already know about spj... my friend that owns a magizine company is willing to promote but hes gone on busniess when i see him ill ask again.. he distributes around the los angeles/hollywood/burbank/beverly hills areas so that can be major..
The Following User Says Thank You to NINE'SICKS For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2008, 09:53 PM
OG Member
Mobile Model: Pixel 7 Pro
Mobile Carrier: Metro PCS
Mobile OS: Android

Thanked 10,859 Times in 2,859 Posts
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 152

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

yeah i can see that a little bit too..... huh lets see what pb can find out on the issue too :>

i like the idea mikey :>
yea kaos is right being that sprint or any mobile carrier created the roms well violated there software agreement of usage..Thats why we have to mention for educational purpose only.but i will find out more from sprint.

I may have a solution.Everyone that's is creating a rom, to avoid any legal crap. Write a small disclaimer in the post that you did not the create the developers rom and only that is was modified and for experimental and educational purpose and you will not be held liable for anything that happened to the phone. Or something along those line.

but i do like the idea.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to puertoblack2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2008, 09:58 PM

“ Originally Posted by puertoblack2003 View Post

yea kaos is right being that sprint or any mobile carrier created the roms well violated there software agreement of usage..Thats why we have to mention for educational purpose only.but i will find out more from sprint.

I may have a solution.Everyone that's is creating a rom, to avoid any legal crap. Write a small disclaimer in the post that you did not the create the developers rom and only that is was modified and for experimental and educational purpose and you will not be held liable for anything that happened to the phone. Or something along those line.

but i do like the idea.
cool beans cant wait to hear back from you on what print says.... because safety of the family is most important to me :>
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2008, 10:39 PM
OG Member
Mobile Model: Pixel 7 Pro
Mobile Carrier: Metro PCS
Mobile OS: Android

Thanked 10,859 Times in 2,859 Posts
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 152

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

cool beans cant wait to hear back from you on what print says.... because safety of the family is most important to me :>
this is there notice:

You may not otherwise use, reproduce, download, store, post, broadcast, transmit, modify, sell or make available to the public content from the Website without the prior written approval of Sprint.

so to cover your ass from a law suit. when asking permission, always ask and say only for educational purpose only

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to puertoblack2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2008, 03:17 PM
Mobile Model: Motorola Rizr Z3
Mobile Carrier: Tmobile

View Evolancer13's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Evolancer13's Photo Album Add Evolancer13's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

great idea! um i bet alot of other members go visit different forums and i was wondering if someoneone can make a spj signature or something like that i think a banner so for exmaple i can place it into a signature that i use on an another site....
The Following User Says Thank You to Evolancer13 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2008, 12:56 AM

“ Originally Posted by Evolancer13 View Post

great idea! um i bet alot of other members go visit different forums and i was wondering if someoneone can make a spj signature or something like that i think a banner so for exmaple i can place it into a signature that i use on an another site....
yeah i would love to see the above also.... have everyone here sporting the same one at ppcgeeks and xda just so we know who is a member of spj as well and leave are names on the site :> i bet we have a lot of members from there here and here there
Old 11-23-2008, 06:26 PM
Mobile Model: Motorola Rizr Z3
Mobile Carrier: Tmobile

View Evolancer13's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Evolancer13's Photo Album Add Evolancer13's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

so is that a yes? or a maybe? lol.
Old 11-23-2008, 06:46 PM

lets wait for our graphics team to get done with their current projects and than take a little break before we ask them to make a generic smartphonejunkie signature.
Old 11-26-2008, 11:36 PM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 6,468 Times in 1,715 Posts

View Mike20PR's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mike20PR's Photo Album Add Mike20PR's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

hey guys... i 4got that we already have a banner

thanx probex!!! ima use this in my ppcgeeks and xda siggy tro see if i can catch some attention till another one is made

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mike20PR For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
idea, spj