Post New ThreadReply

Old 11-24-2008, 07:39 PM
dianeofarcadia dianeofarcadia is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: LG Voyager&Mogul
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View dianeofarcadia's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View dianeofarcadia's Photo Album Add dianeofarcadia's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Dianes B--- (a rant)

Hope it ok to share this but I have about had it with Sprint.

Here is the deal - yes I am looking for some advice on how to get this settled down once and for all or suggestions on how to get out of the contracts and what will I be giving up going to another company - But I want to keep the current phones.

4 lines - all should have unlimited texting, calls and internet along with insurance coverage (the max that Spring offers).
1 dedicated wireless card.

here is what my billing has been like - I have been told each time I go in, they made adjustments and blah blah blah, but each month a new bill comes out, in some cases even more charges! I am currently told I can get a plan for 180$ for all the lines, and am suppose to be on that plan...
if so, why the hell is my current bill 1200$...
where the hell is my 200$/month plan??!

so far I have spent this year alone over 5000$ on my cellphones and the latest bill is 1200$! They charged me 75$ EACH for two lines for internet because some one messed up my billing. Now they are telling me they will not issue my rebates for the two recent upgrades that were told to me to be allowed as well charging me the shipping and handle that went to the store and upgrade fees.

ok, Phone Junkies...
I need advice.

Let me have some feedback (positive and negative) about your cell carrier.

thanks guys!
sorry for the rant.

Old 11-24-2008, 08:53 PM
OG Member
Mobile Model: Pixel 7 Pro
Mobile Carrier: Metro PCS
Mobile OS: Android

Thanked 10,859 Times in 2,859 Posts
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 152

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Dianes B--- (a rant)

“ Originally Posted by dianeofarcadia View Post

Hope it ok to share this but I have about had it with Sprint.

Here is the deal - yes I am looking for some advice on how to get this settled down once and for all or suggestions on how to get out of the contracts and what will I be giving up going to another company - But I want to keep the current phones.

4 lines - all should have unlimited texting, calls and internet along with insurance coverage (the max that Spring offers).
1 dedicated wireless card.

here is what my billing has been like - I have been told each time I go in, they made adjustments and blah blah blah, but each month a new bill comes out, in some cases even more charges! I am currently told I can get a plan for 180$ for all the lines, and am suppose to be on that plan...
if so, why the hell is my current bill 1200$...
where the hell is my 200$/month plan??!

so far I have spent this year alone over 5000$ on my cellphones and the latest bill is 1200$! They charged me 75$ EACH for two lines for internet because some one messed up my billing. Now they are telling me they will not issue my rebates for the two recent upgrades that were told to me to be allowed as well charging me the shipping and handle that went to the store and upgrade fees.

ok, Phone Junkies...
I need advice.

Let me have some feedback (positive and negative) about your cell carrier.

thanks guys!
sorry for the rant.

Diana,i calculated your plans for each phones. that came out to 720.00 dollars for the 4 lines without the taxes and the wireless card which you can get rid of because you can use your phone as internet access which I've done while traveling.Now i see that sprint is charging you 180.00 for each instead of the whole line which i fine weird.I think you should talk to some one in the higher position other then customer services.You can explain that you want a family plan if its possible or go to another carrier that do offer it with a reasonable amount monthly like Verizon.maybe you can threaten them with that.

Other then that i have no glue to what advice to give you.When something like that happens to me.If they can fix it the first time , Some how my other ego end up talking to them ghetto and yelling at them over the phone to get this resolved.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to puertoblack2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2008, 09:13 PM

View dianeofarcadia's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View dianeofarcadia's Photo Album Add dianeofarcadia's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Thanks puertoblack2003, demanding to talk with higher rep will be helpful! - I am just also curious - thinking how much would other companies run and such. I don't really mind Sprint, and understand I am willing to pay around 250 or so. I would just like some constant in the billing.

and thanks - will have to investigate(read) the about the internet-ppc/pc access more.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dianeofarcadia For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2008, 09:16 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Thanks puertoblack2003, demanding to talk with higher rep will be helpful! - I am just also curious - thinking how much would other companies run and such. I don't really mind Sprint, and understand I am willing to pay around 250 or so. I would just like some constant in the billing.

and thanks - will have to investigate(read) the about the internet-ppc/pc access more.
just tethering girl you can use pdanet 2.0 or you can go through and use wmwifirouter.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2008, 09:20 PM
OG Member
Mobile Model: Pixel 7 Pro
Mobile Carrier: Metro PCS
Mobile OS: Android

Thanked 10,859 Times in 2,859 Posts
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 152

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

no problem, yes i use pdanet to connect online using my phone.Let me know how you make out.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to puertoblack2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2008, 09:38 PM

thank you both - and esp for the direction
will keep you posted.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dianeofarcadia For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2008, 11:04 PM
ADMIN-Watch what you say!
Mobile Model: Touch PRO2, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: On the NOW Network
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 6,030 Times in 1,977 Posts

View BiG JeW's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BiG JeW's Photo Album Add BiG JeW's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Diane...if you want send me a PM and ill take a look to see whats what ya know.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BiG JeW For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2008, 08:40 AM
NOOB 4 EVER
Mobile Model: Touch Pro

Thanked 1,370 Times in 335 Posts

View gadget945's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View gadget945's Photo Album Add gadget945's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Just got back onto the forum, and see that I'm not the only one having had issues with Sprint's billing.

Did you ever get this resolved?

I've got the Simply Everything for my two main lines and the other five share an old plan which is 1500 anytime minutes for $90, plus $10 for each additional line. I've also got the air card, since I've got more PCs than I do PPCs. Keeps the natives from trying to beat each other while I'm trying to work.

My husband uses his mogul all the time to get online, it's great. I can put the kids on the card and it makes everybody happy.

I would suggest that you chat online with a rep and see if you can get them to layout the charges and what fors. Chatting online is a great option, since you have proof of what was said and promised.

Also, on your rebates, there isn't a number to call directly that I know of, I was transferred by the finance department. Gave the rebate rep my info and he told me they were going to cut a check and it would be done in two weeks. No argument, no discussion, took longer to get to him than it took to complete the call. Hope that helps.

The amount of your bill could be because of a screw up. Also could be because of overages on your air card. I was told that they were going to start charging for anything over 5 gig per month. Don't know if it's true or if it applies to you or not, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

I've told everyone to always ask for a tier two rep, to get the call center location of the rep you do talk to, and if all else fails, demand to speak to the retention department. I've heard a lot of horror stories about Sprint, but I've heard good things too. I've had to pose as a friend's wife in order to clear up his billing issues, done that for more than one person. It's crazy how bad their C/S has gotten over the years, but with as competitive as the market is now, you would hope that they would get a little nicer about it.

If nothing else, talk to the finance department, and see if they can figure it out, if you have a good payment history, then they should be able to work it out for you (ie. give you an extension to pay if all charges are legit) and figure out where the spike came from. Also, make double sure that you change the PIN on your account about every three months or so. Double check the billing info, make sure someone hasn't boosted one of your lines. One of my kids call forwarded their phones so that they could make long distance calls from their house instead of their cell (made NO sense at all) that was a whopper of a bill.

Good luck!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gadget945 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2008, 06:11 PM

“ Originally Posted by gadget945 View Post

Just got back onto the forum, and see that I'm not the only one having had issues with Sprint's billing.

Did you ever get this resolved?

I've got the Simply Everything for my two main lines and the other five share an old plan which is 1500 anytime minutes for $90, plus $10 for each additional line. I've also got the air card, since I've got more PCs than I do PPCs. Keeps the natives from trying to beat each other while I'm trying to work. ....

Good luck!
First of all - welcome back to the forum! and thank you for the response - your house sounds like mine..lol - it was comforting to read your post.
We are still working on it and making great progress. I will say this though, I have done some serious looking around at other company and made my mind up I won't really leave Sprint and with that, they are doing a much better job at trying to resolve this.

thanks again.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dianeofarcadia For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
dianes, rant