Post New ThreadReply

Old 12-08-2008, 04:51 PM
5element 5element is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: htc touch pro
Mobile Carrier: sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View 5element's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View 5element's Photo Album Add 5element's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
has anyone had issues with throttlelock

I just installed the file and its asking me for the patern but i have not set one up and its locked my phone
Old 12-08-2008, 05:09 PM
InsomniAddict
Mobile Model: MogulTouchProTouchHD
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,397 Posts

View scott8813's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View scott8813's Photo Album Add scott8813's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: has anyone had issues with throttlelock

“ Originally Posted by 5element View Post

I just installed the file and its asking me for the patern but i have not set one up and its locked my phone
does it instantly lock after a soft reset?

Old 12-08-2008, 05:13 PM

View 5element's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View 5element's Photo Album Add 5element's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by scott8813 View Post

does it instantly lock after a soft reset?
yes sir i soft reset it and still ask me for a pattern I havent added one so dont know what to do
Old 12-08-2008, 05:39 PM
InsomniAddict

View scott8813's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View scott8813's Photo Album Add scott8813's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

yes sir i soft reset it and still ask me for a pattern I havent added one so dont know what to do
alright so i have a few ideas for you but i'm going to need to know a few things. I assume that you didn't install to your storage card and installed to the device correct? What you can also do is hook up you phone to your pc and right click on your start menu and go to explore. find your device and click on it. You'll have two options. One is your main devices storage and the other will be your storage card. Click on your main device storage and go to: Program Files\Throttle Lock\Skins\.........and unzip this file on your PC and put it here. Let me know if this helps. If not i have a few other ideas for you before the HARD RESET last resort.
Attached Files You can't view or download attachments from this post before you thank it.

The Following User Says Thank You to scott8813 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2008, 06:12 PM

alright so i have a few ideas for you but i'm going to need to know a few things. I assume that you didn't install to your storage card and installed to the device correct? What you can also do is hook up you phone to your pc and right click on your start menu and go to explore. find your device and click on it. You'll have two options. One is your main devices storage and the other will be your storage card. Click on your main device storage and go to: Program Files\Throttle Lock\Skins\.........and unzip this file on your PC and put it here. Let me know if this helps. If not i have a few other ideas for you before the HARD RESET last resort.

i had saved it to storage card i removed it but when i try re-installing it still as me for pattern...sucks cause i like that program also erased my 3dtouchflow configuration and tried re-installing it gives me error code did i screw up my phone
Old 12-08-2008, 06:33 PM
InsomniAddict

i had saved it to storage card i removed it but when i try re-installing it still as me for pattern...sucks cause i like that program also erased my 3dtouchflow configuration and tried re-installing it gives me error code did i screw up my phone
how are you able to countinue to attempt to reinstall? you said that your phone locks instantly after soft reset. and did you try what i said? and have you tried to boot without your storage card in your device? work with me here.

Old 12-08-2008, 07:00 PM
Nickel Nickel NINE
Mobile Model: HTC DIAMOND

Thanked 4,383 Times in 1,330 Posts

View TaylorSPJ's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View TaylorSPJ's Photo Album Add TaylorSPJ's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Two other things to try like scott8813 said hook up to pc and go into device then start up and take throttle lock out of it so after soft reset it wont be there. Option two i had the same problem but figured it out in like two seconds. default pattern is first row all the way accross. try option two first then last case option one should do it right.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TaylorSPJ For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2008, 07:42 PM

how are you able to countinue to attempt to reinstall? you said that your phone locks instantly after soft reset. and did you try what i said? and have you tried to boot without your storage card in your device? work with me here.
is not locking anymore i removed card since it was saved there now when i try to re-open its asking me for the lock code i figuered it would reset i am able to remove progam which i did and tried re-installing it and still asked for lock pattern

--------- New Post Merged on 8/12/2008 at 0831 --------

“ Originally Posted by Taylor View Post

Two other things to try like scott8813 said hook up to pc and go into device then start up and take throttle lock out of it so after soft reset it wont be there. Option two i had the same problem but figured it out in like two seconds. default pattern is first row all the way accross. try option two first then last case option one should do it right.
already tried default code didnt work
Old 12-08-2008, 08:11 PM
Mobile Model: Sprint Touch Pro

Thanked 1,567 Times in 480 Posts

View Sh0wNuF's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Sh0wNuF's Photo Album Add Sh0wNuF's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

try holding on the first dot and that should do it for you...one of the throttle locks on this site has a default lock code of just the first button...might be more but the one i downloaded had this. To change the pattern just tap and hold the first dot and then the text on top will ask you to put your new pattern in

Old 12-08-2008, 08:16 PM
Nickel Nickel NINE

View TaylorSPJ's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View TaylorSPJ's Photo Album Add TaylorSPJ's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

is not locking anymore i removed card since it was saved there now when i try to re-open its asking me for the lock code i figuered it would reset i am able to remove progam which i did and tried re-installing it and still asked for lock pattern

--------- New Post Merged on 8/12/2008 at 0831 --------

already tried default code didnt work
take question to original thread and see if there is a default code. other than that we've covered all bases. make sure an hit the rep if we helped.

--------- New Post Merged on 8/12/2008 at 0952 --------

“ Originally Posted by Sh0wNuF View Post

try holding on the first dot and that should do it for you...one of the throttle locks on this site has a default lock code of just the first button...might be more but the one i downloaded had this. To change the pattern just tap and hold the first dot and then the text on top will ask you to put your new pattern in
I think the new version had that disabled.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TaylorSPJ For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2008, 12:22 AM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

just tap the top left one and that should unlock it for you.
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2008, 01:53 AM
InsomniAddict

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

just tap the top left one and that should unlock it for you.
Seriously tell me that this wasnt the issue

take question to original thread and see if there is a default code. other than that we've covered all bases. make sure an hit the rep if we helped.

--------- New Post Merged on 8/12/2008 at 0952 --------

I think the new version had that disabled.
i pm'ed the new version with direction.

Did any of this ever help? oh yeah, and i would recommend that you shouldn't install this or any other device locking programs to SD.

Old 12-09-2008, 08:54 AM

I held that first dot for 2-3minutes did nothing I have the newest version so i guess im not able to use it gonna erase from phone and memory card
Old 12-09-2008, 01:36 PM
Still Learning
Mobile Model: Touch Pro, Hero
Mobile Carrier: Sprint Ahead

View lordhelmet's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View lordhelmet's Photo Album Add lordhelmet's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Just for kicks. I had the same experience, and when it asked for a pattern, I assumed it was asking me to enter the patten I wanted from now on. So I did, confirmed it and it works fine, except the every now and then it stops working and I just soft-rest and back to normal.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lordhelmet For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2008, 05:58 PM

“ Originally Posted by lordhelmet View Post

Just for kicks. I had the same experience, and when it asked for a pattern, I assumed it was asking me to enter the patten I wanted from now on. So I did, confirmed it and it works fine, except the every now and then it stops working and I just soft-rest and back to normal.
nah i tried everything guess its asking me for a pattern i never put on it... I taped the top left took the program off and re-installed it and nothing it keeps asking me for the pattern..

If i did a hard reset and re-installed the program wonder if that will work
The Following User Says Thank You to 5element For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2008, 06:02 PM
Mobile Model: Touch Prizo!!!

Thanked 7,924 Times in 2,668 Posts

View Superman369's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Superman369's Photo Album Add Superman369's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

nah i tried everything guess its asking me for a pattern i never put on it... I taped the top left took the program off and re-installed it and nothing it keeps asking me for the pattern..

Good luck, let us know if it worked.

Old 12-09-2008, 07:10 PM
Nickel Nickel NINE

why hard reset? just in uninstall and then re-install.....try to redownload the version again, maybe the one you originally downloaded was a currupt file....let us know how it goes
The Following User Says Thank You to TaylorSPJ For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2008, 07:32 PM

View Superman369's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Superman369's Photo Album Add Superman369's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

why hard reset? just in uninstall and then re-install.....try to redownload the version again, maybe the one you originally downloaded was a currupt file....let us know how it goes
LOL, I think part of the problem is he cant get into his phone to uninstall it. And he said that he already tried to do it through activsync. So his only option left is a hard reset.

The Following User Says Thank You to Superman369 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2008, 07:36 PM

Unless im un-installing wrong i already tried that unless someone wants to explain to me step by step but I just cant manage to get it to work
Old 12-09-2008, 07:40 PM

Unless im un-installing wrong i already tried that unless someone wants to explain to me step by step but I just cant manage to get it to work
Can you get into your phone to uninstall it? Or does it lock you out completly?

Old 12-09-2008, 07:52 PM
Nickel Nickel NINE

“ Originally Posted by ofcsu1 View Post

LOL, I think part of the problem is he cant get into his phone to uninstall it. And he said that he already tried to do it through activsync. So his only option left is a hard reset.
oh lol i didn't see the post about not being able to explore through active sysnc... oh snap... i'd be pissed... haha well good luck man hope your not losing anything important.....
The Following User Says Thank You to TaylorSPJ For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2008, 10:25 AM
Mobile Model: HTC TOUCH PRO

View massivekutt's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View massivekutt's Photo Album Add massivekutt's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

ok i installed this and set a code last night got up this mornin and forgot it need help with getting pass the code please...it must have been the haze!
Old 12-10-2008, 06:22 PM
Still Learning
Mobile Model: Touch Pro, Hero
Mobile Carrier: Sprint Ahead

View lordhelmet's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View lordhelmet's Photo Album Add lordhelmet's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Just soft re-set and get into your settings and remove the program before it locks up. You should have a few seconds before the phone goes to sleep and locks up after you soft-reset. Then re-install and don't forget this time.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lordhelmet For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2008, 01:53 PM
Mobile Model: HTC TOUCH PRO

View massivekutt's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View massivekutt's Photo Album Add massivekutt's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

thanks alot worked like a charm
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
issues, throttlelock