Post New ThreadReply

Old 12-10-2008, 12:42 PM
sracercelica sracercelica is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: Sprint TP
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View sracercelica's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View sracercelica's Photo Album Add sracercelica's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
GPS store

What is a good online store to get GPS products from? I want to buy my GF a gps for her car for xmas. Not looking for top of the line but not to crappy either.
Old 12-10-2008, 01:22 PM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro Chrome
Mobile OS: 6.5

View drdrewdown's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View drdrewdown's Photo Album Add drdrewdown's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: GPS store

“ Originally Posted by sracercelica View Post

What is a good online store to get GPS products from? I want to buy my GF a gps for her car for xmas. Not looking for top of the line but not to crappy either.
www.newegg.com

www.amazon.com

both have pretty competitive prices.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drdrewdown For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2008, 01:24 PM

View sracercelica's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View sracercelica's Photo Album Add sracercelica's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

One more thing....any units that any of you would recomend? around the 100-175 price range?? Im not very familiar with gps. I just use google maps on my TP lol
Old 12-10-2008, 02:08 PM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro Chrome

View drdrewdown's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View drdrewdown's Photo Album Add drdrewdown's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by sracercelica View Post

One more thing....any units that any of you would recomend? around the 100-175 price range?? Im not very familiar with gps. I just use google maps on my TP lol
i've always heard good things about the garmin nuvi line. newegg has a refurb nuvi 750 for decent price. not sure what you're thoughts about refurb are but i wouldn't be opposed to it personally. this item still has a good warranty/return policy imo so i wouldn't be scurred away. + newegg effin owns if you ever have to RMA or deal with customer service, they are just freakin awesome.

Return Policies

This item is covered by Newegg.com's Standard Return Policy.

* Return for refund within: 30 days
* Return for replacement within: 1 year

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...L5C-_-58108341

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drdrewdown For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2008, 04:26 PM
Mobile Model: Motorola Rizr Z3
Mobile Carrier: Tmobile

View Evolancer13's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Evolancer13's Photo Album Add Evolancer13's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

my fam recently purchased a tom tom... its pretty good and also you get free map updates for life... only thing you want to purchase is all the fancy updates... so do the research before you buy one.. i recommand that you read reviews..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Evolancer13 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2008, 05:40 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

why not just get another ppc and than use tom tom or garmin on that and just get her a car mount? free updates and all that jazz will ocme when new versions are released and it can be a planner for her to and have the basic pda functions.... if shes looking for a actual in car one i would go with a garmin but as others have said do your research, read reviews, and read the small prints that they tell you all the update features on and how much they will cist and how often that they will come out.
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2008, 05:51 PM

She actually has a mogul with sprint nav in it. But she doesnt like it. She always complains about the screen being to small. But yeah I will look around. I might pick up a refurb tom tom. I have been seeing some pretty good reviews on them.
The Following User Says Thank You to sracercelica For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
gps, store