Random Community Topics

Post New ThreadReply

Old 01-12-2009, 02:46 AM
monkeyxiv monkeyxiv is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: sprint mogul
Mobile Carrier: sprint

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View monkeyxiv's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View monkeyxiv's Photo Album Add monkeyxiv's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
hard drive partition _

ok so im trying to setup windows 7 on separate partition on a laptop for more testing. well its a dell laptop so its got the max partitions already aka 4. i got rid of mediadirect which freed up 2 gigs of space aswell as opened up the partition i needed. now heres the kicker which is pissing me off >_<

the total hardrive space is 640 gb i have 400 gb free on c:/ im wanting to clear shrink 16 gigs off of it so i can setup dual boot. it only lets me shring 81 MB. when i look at my defrag report it shows files at beginning and files at end then 400 gigs in the middle of free space. >_<

and my issue how can i get the free space in the middle to the end so i can adjust the partition allocation ?
Old 01-12-2009, 02:58 AM
InsomniAddict
Mobile Model: MogulTouchProTouchHD
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,397 Posts

View scott8813's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View scott8813's Photo Album Add scott8813's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: hard drive partition _

what type of files are at the end (some are unmoveable)

Old 01-12-2009, 04:05 AM
Mobile Model: RHODIUM LEO 2.02
Mobile Carrier: 3G MOBISTAR
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 25,033 Times in 7,581 Posts

View CYBER WEESJE's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View CYBER WEESJE's Photo Album Add CYBER WEESJE's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by monkeyxiv View Post

ok so im trying to setup windows 7 on separate partition on a laptop for more testing. well its a dell laptop so its got the max partitions already aka 4. i got rid of mediadirect which freed up 2 gigs of space aswell as opened up the partition i needed. now heres the kicker which is pissing me off >_<

the total hardrive space is 640 gb i have 400 gb free on c:/ im wanting to clear shrink 16 gigs off of it so i can setup dual boot. it only lets me shring 81 MB. when i look at my defrag report it shows files at beginning and files at end then 400 gigs in the middle of free space. >_<

and my issue how can i get the free space in the middle to the end so i can adjust the partition allocation ?

HI WHAT OS DO YOU USE VISTA OR XP and you have to make more than 16g dude thats windows 7 totaly 16.9 think 20 or 25 wil be better

GRTZ WEESJE:PDT_Armataz_45:
TEAM HTC@SPJ

Old 01-12-2009, 04:08 PM
monkeyxiv monkeyxiv is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: sprint mogul
Mobile Carrier: sprint

View monkeyxiv's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View monkeyxiv's Photo Album Add monkeyxiv's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

the os is 16 gig partition im using vista issue is how vista puts unmmovable files at the end aka pagefile hibernation system restore... ive tried a million things to do them right now im trying a program called perfectdisk 2009 its suppose to move everything no matter what so im going to try it

--------- New Post Merged on 13/1/2009 at 1242 --------

issue solved

for anyone else who has issue with vista partition i recomment this program its called bootit. you run the makedisk.exe then do what it says based on pdf instructions then boot from disk and then you can partition your hardrive safely with it.
heres the link will also add to programs section
http://rapidshare.com/files/182675007/bootit2.zip
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
drive, hard, partition