Post New ThreadReply

Old 01-15-2009, 12:40 PM
legend2700 legend2700 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: HTC Mogul (PPC-6800)
Mobile Carrier: Sprint PCS
Mobile OS: 6.1

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View legend2700's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View legend2700's Photo Album Add legend2700's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
folding bluetooth keyboard

ok so im taking 5 college classes. speadsheet, micro computer literacy, psychology, English, 1st aid & cpr. i use my tablet pc during all of my classes for notes etc, and i use it durring the entire class period. i just recently bought the 8 cell extended battery for my tablet and its said to last 4 hours ! the 6 cell that it came with is only 2.. so ive got 6 hours max for battery life =P the bad thing is that theres a few random, trival things that are wrong with my laptop.. the mute indicator button is messed up, when i wake it up after sleeping, the screen has these random gray lines going therw it ? i know its random.. but im still in warrenty and i need to get it all fixed up while i still can.. im sending it in and its guna take up to 2 weeks ={

anyways lmao! since im always taking notes, i want to get a bluetooth folding keyboard for my mogul.. i have already talked to my teachers and they r fine with it.. but i wanted to ask if any1 on here has a bluetooth keyboard and what they think of it.. im currently looking at the freedom universal bluetooth keyboard.. its around $80 to $120 on the web ={ but it has drivers for over 200 devices.. as u can see its actually really nice.. its a full sized qwerty keyboard. it even has a removable stand for the pda. i want this really bad to continue typeing notes and to keep me from dieing when my bad ass tablet pc is away ='{ really i dont even need my laptop, i could just use this and then do more formatting to the docs on my tablet.. ill be chatting on msn in class to tho lol

here it is

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to legend2700 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2009, 12:52 PM
SPJ FREAKSTER!
Mobile Model: PRO&DIAMOND!!
Mobile Carrier: Rev a speeeeeddddddd

Thanked 1,139 Times in 584 Posts

View 1mrlcb's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View 1mrlcb's Photo Album Add 1mrlcb's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: folding bluetooth keyboard

Are you trying to buy 1 from someone or what?

Old 01-15-2009, 01:23 PM

View legend2700's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View legend2700's Photo Album Add legend2700's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by 1mrlcb View Post

Are you trying to buy 1 from someone or what?
oh no.. im just wondering if any1 here has 1.. these r expensive.. and i want to hear sum reviews

Old 01-15-2009, 01:52 PM
Mobile Model: RHODIUM LEO 2.02
Mobile Carrier: 3G MOBISTAR
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 25,033 Times in 7,581 Posts

View CYBER WEESJE's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View CYBER WEESJE's Photo Album Add CYBER WEESJE's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

hi a friend of my use this slim keyboad and he is very satisfide of it works good also and looks nice

Code

http://www.freedominput.com/site/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=137&Itemid=140

GRTZ WEESJE
TEAM HTC@SPJ

The Following User Says Thank You to CYBER WEESJE For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2009, 02:05 PM
SPJ FREAKSTER!
Mobile Model: PRO&DIAMOND!!
Mobile Carrier: Rev a speeeeeddddddd

Thanked 1,139 Times in 584 Posts

View 1mrlcb's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View 1mrlcb's Photo Album Add 1mrlcb's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

We actially we had one for are desktop with a mouse to but i dident really like it batterys kept goin low but when they were charged it was great

The Following User Says Thank You to 1mrlcb For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2009, 02:17 PM

“ Originally Posted by weesje View Post

hi a friend of my use this slim keyboad and he is very satisfide of it works good also and looks nice

Code

http://www.freedominput.com/site/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=137&Itemid=140
GRTZ WEESJE
TEAM HTC@SPJ
thanks.. but im only want a keyboard that i can type normally on..

“ Originally Posted by 1mrlcb View Post

We actially we had one for are desktop with a mouse to but i dident really like it batterys kept goin low but when they were charged it was great
right.. but these is a folding stowaway keyboard.. its alot more kewl

Old 01-15-2009, 11:29 PM
Mobile Model: sprint mogul
Mobile Carrier: sprint

View monkeyxiv's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View monkeyxiv's Photo Album Add monkeyxiv's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

looks like it would be a solid investment if your laptop is bluetooth enabled like mine is. then once you get your laptop back you can use they keyboard with the laptop.
as for the mute and the grey lines it sounds software which software issues most of the time isn't covered under warranty. well im not sure about the mute issue do you mean like a mute button on they keyboard or the screen? if its on the screen then its software.
the gray lines sounds like a vista issue... for some reason vista and laptops dont mix when it comes to hibernation and sleep. i have mine set to sleep when i close the lid and hibernate when i hit the power button once. its a brand new dell xps m1730 with vista ultimate.... when i close the lid it does fine with sleep i open the lid my touch senstive keys light up and about 5 seconda after the screen flickers then comes on. when i put it in hibernate mode and pull it out thats the pain in the ass >_< i dont get the gray lines but it does all kinds of fcked up sht and takes forever to come out. like to pull out you hit the power button and it should pop out of hibernation in 30 seconds mine will do things like the power button light will flicker then just stop flickering and do nothing for upwards of 3 minutes then i hit button again still nothing. but when put windows 7 on it and setup hibernate and sleep is almost instant coming out of which makes it mean its software not hardware. so thats one thing you might want to look into it partitioning your drive for windows 7 and see if you get the same results with it,
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to monkeyxiv For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2009, 12:06 AM

“ Originally Posted by monkeyxiv View Post

looks like it would be a solid investment if your laptop is bluetooth enabled like mine is. then once you get your laptop back you can use they keyboard with the laptop.
as for the mute and the grey lines it sounds software which software issues most of the time isn't covered under warranty. well im not sure about the mute issue do you mean like a mute button on they keyboard or the screen? if its on the screen then its software.
the gray lines sounds like a vista issue... for some reason vista and laptops dont mix when it comes to hibernation and sleep. i have mine set to sleep when i close the lid and hibernate when i hit the power button once. its a brand new dell xps m1730 with vista ultimate.... when i close the lid it does fine with sleep i open the lid my touch senstive keys light up and about 5 seconda after the screen flickers then comes on. when i put it in hibernate mode and pull it out thats the pain in the ass >_< i dont get the gray lines but it does all kinds of fcked up sht and takes forever to come out. like to pull out you hit the power button and it should pop out of hibernation in 30 seconds mine will do things like the power button light will flicker then just stop flickering and do nothing for upwards of 3 minutes then i hit button again still nothing. but when put windows 7 on it and setup hibernate and sleep is almost instant coming out of which makes it mean its software not hardware. so thats one thing you might want to look into it partitioning your drive for windows 7 and see if you get the same results with it,
LOL! well thanks.. but first of all... i dropped my laptop and shattered the screen.. and after that is when the screen and the mute button issue arose. so its covered under warranty... and the keyboard has specific drivers for each phone.. and its not compatible with laptops witch is ok for me cuz i use my stylus and my keyboard when chatting and taking notes... but ya... thanks tho.. and i b*tched about the paint rubbing off the touch pad.. cuz i havent had the casing for very long and it rubbed off fast.. LOL! and they said they would replace the casing for free aswell >=- D MUhuhahaha

Old 01-16-2009, 03:20 AM

View monkeyxiv's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View monkeyxiv's Photo Album Add monkeyxiv's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

well if it helps i did some research ^_^ hers pros and cons of it

Pros:

* Barely larger than an average laptop keypad; great alternative to the tiny BlackBerry keyboard
* Folds in half and slides into its case for portability; easily fits in a tote bag or jacket pocket
* Works with dozens of BlackBerry and non-BlackBerry mobile devices
* Nine customizable convenience keys provide quick access to your favorite apps and commands

Cons:

* Poor instructions mean you're on your own discovering much of the keyboard's functionality
* Does not integrate well with some apps, meaning you'll still need to use your device keypad and navigation for certain features
* Can only use the keyboard with two devices; only get two codes
* A bit pricey at $100

specs:
Keys

* ISO standard full size QWERTY keyboard
* 5 Rows of 65 full-size keys plus one rubber key
* Key Pitch: 18mm (horizontal) x 17.2mm (vertical) Key travel distance: 2.3mm

Device Stand

* Fold-out type, holds all PDA/phone models

Bluetooth

* Bluetooth Chip: Broadcom 2040
* Compliance: Bluetooth Core Spec, V1.2; Bluetooth HID & SPP profile
* Frequency Range: 2.400 GHz - 2.4835 GHz (79 channels hopping)
* Distance: Up to 10 m Antenna: Ceramic Chip Antenna
* Profiles integrated: GAP, SDP, SPP, HID
* Receive Sensitivity: -85 dBm
* Radio Power: Class 2

Size

* 285 x 98.5 x 13.5mm (11 3/16" x 3 13/16" x 1/2") opened
* 145 x 98.5 x 19.5mm (51 1/16" x 3 13/16" x 3/4") folded

Power

* 2x AAA Batteries
* Battery life: Continuous operation of up to 80 hrs
* Standby mode up to 2000 hrs

compatability:

Compatible with over 200 devices that have Bluetooth connectivity and supporting operating systems BlackBerry OS 4.0 or higher; Symbian (Series 60) v6 / v7 / v8 / v9; Palm OS 5; Windows Mobile 03 PPC; Windows Mobile 05 PPC; Windows Mobile 03 Smartphone Edition,; Windows Mobile 05 Smartphone Edition; Windows XP*; Windows 2000*; Mac OS X Tiger*; Linux* (*Using HID mode)
Product ranges included: Acer, Asus, Audiovox, BenQ, BlackBerry, Dell, Dopod, E-Ten, Fujitsu, Hewlett Packard, HTC,i-Do, Mac, Motorola, Nokia, Qtek, Palm, Panasonic, PC, Samsung, Sendo, Siemens, Sony Ericsson.

so it will work with windows IF it has bluetooth
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to monkeyxiv For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2009, 09:54 AM

lmao! well thanks for all that... looks like ur doin a pretty good job on here =}

Old 01-16-2009, 12:47 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i had the igo stoeaway fold up bluetooth keyboard when i had my vogue and loved it :>
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2009, 07:05 PM

“ Originally Posted by legend2700 View Post

lmao! well thanks for all that... looks like ur doin a pretty good job on here =}
i always have but d/\sh hates me because im white
Old 01-16-2009, 08:45 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

no i hate you becasue you annoy me hhahahahhaaha lmao ;>
Old 01-16-2009, 09:14 PM

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

no i hate you becasue you annoy me hhahahahhaaha lmao ;>
HA!! now now lets play nice lmfao!

Old 01-17-2009, 05:56 PM

HA!! now now lets play nice lmfao!
i told you its because im white >_<
Old 01-17-2009, 06:36 PM

i had the igo stoeaway fold up bluetooth keyboard when i had my vogue and loved it :>
ya thats what my next choice would be.. but im not sure if its compatible with the mogul.. if it is.. then thats what i want to get. i like how it actually locks into place

--------- New Post Merged on 17/1/2009 at 0837 --------

hey dash.. is this like exactly what u had?

Code

http://cgi.ebay.com/iGO-Stowaway-Bluetooth-Keyboard-Smartphones-PDAS-PC_W0QQitemZ260338020940QQcmdZViewItem

this says that it actually works with laptops that are bluetooth enabled. that would be really kewl.. im just not sure how this works.. do u install an app on the phone? or do u just bluetooth pair?

The Following User Says Thank You to legend2700 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2009, 07:42 PM

ya thats what my next choice would be.. but im not sure if its compatible with the mogul.. if it is.. then thats what i want to get. i like how it actually locks into place

--------- New Post Merged on 17/1/2009 at 0837 --------

hey dash.. is this like exactly what u had?

Code

http://cgi.ebay.com/iGO-Stowaway-Bluetooth-Keyboard-Smartphones-PDAS-PC_W0QQitemZ260338020940QQcmdZViewItem

this says that it actually works with laptops that are bluetooth enabled. that would be really kewl.. im just not sure how this works.. do u install an app on the phone? or do u just bluetooth pair?
just bluetooth paor and very close to what mine looked like.... i had a little stronger looking version of this...... and i loved it and yes it will work with the mogul.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2009, 10:07 PM

legend your other keyboard would work aswell with a blue tooth enabled keyboard just pain in the ass to install drivers with first keyboard
Old 01-17-2009, 10:38 PM

just bluetooth paor and very close to what mine looked like.... i had a little stronger looking version of this...... and i loved it and yes it will work with the mogul.
ok kewl.. im pretty sure im guna get this.. i didnt find the touch or mogul on the device compatability list tho.. but i believe u lol.. it would be amazing if it worked for my laptop too

Old 01-17-2009, 11:13 PM

ok kewl.. im pretty sure im guna get this.. i didnt find the touch or mogul on the device compatability list tho.. but i believe u lol.. it would be amazing if it worked for my laptop too
for compatability it wont actually say mogul or touch its most likely going to say windows mobile based phones which is what you want
Old 01-18-2009, 04:43 PM

actually it does have a device compatability list.......... :PDT_Armataz_45:

Old 01-26-2009, 05:36 PM

hey D/ \SH i got one of those igo stowaways lol! and i have it discoverable and im tring to pair it with my phone and when i get to the "enter a password for a secure connection" i clicked next cuz i didnt think i needed one.. then i get a bluetooth notification if i want to exept the keyboard and i click yes then it asks for a password.. so im not sure how to get this goin.. thanks

Old 01-26-2009, 10:13 PM

hey D/ \SH i got one of those igo stowaways lol! and i have it discoverable and im tring to pair it with my phone and when i get to the "enter a password for a secure connection" i clicked next cuz i didnt think i needed one.. then i get a bluetooth notification if i want to exept the keyboard and i click yes then it asks for a password.. so im not sure how to get this goin.. thanks
in the instructions booklet you will find the default password that they set.... you can just have it save it for future connections also :>
Old 01-26-2009, 11:07 PM

oh ok then.. and i installed the driver .cab from the intallation cd... and sure enough it worked.. ive read every where that the windows mobile 5 drivers wont work or dont work as well.. but it worked fine on my sprint mogul lol so ya.. im loving this.. im typing extremely fast and ive already done a 1 page essay for english to get used to the keyboard.. its past my expections by far... all the fuction keys and options r very nice.. im also thinking about getting the bluetooth mouse aswell

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to legend2700 For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
bluetooth, folding, keyboard