scott8813 scott8813 is offline   Thread Starter  
InsomniAddict
Mobile Model: MogulTouchProTouchHD
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,397 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View scott8813's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View scott8813's Photo Album Add scott8813's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Full Working MultiTouch on the T-Mobile G1 Android Phone

Full Working MultiTouch on the T-Mobile G1 Android Phone
Ok i know a lot of ppl are waiting to hear this ..

Here is the Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enAinQizxyM

Here is the link to Instructions (thanks to Luke Hutchison for detailed Description)

Code

http://lukehutch.wordpress.com/android-stuff/
Current Steps Posted on his website are as follows.

"If you follow the directions I link to (and then the instructions that those pages link to), then you should be able to do the following pretty easily — the instructions are very clear:

(1) reflash your phone to RC29, which is rootable
(2) get root
(3) reflash your bootloader, and reinstall system keys so that you can in future flash anything you want
(4) reflash to a hacked RC30 (JesusFreke’s version) — rooted
(5) download the Android source, apply my patch, build it, and flash it over the top of RC30 using fastboot to flash system.img and boot.img
(6) to go back to where you were, reflash JF’s RC30 (you may or may not have to reflash the engineering bootloader before that). If the phone won’t boot, try wiping your personal data (Alt+W) in the reflash screen.

Note that there is one step missing in the linked instructions: After you reflash/wipe the system, you often have to go into system settings and re-enable USB debugging to proceed any further.

All that is pretty straightforward and won’t break your phone at all if you follow the instructions exactly. From that point on, if you ever brick your phone, all you need to do is put in an SD card with either a replacement bootloader or a replacement system (Linux + Android) image, and hold down two buttons while switching the phone on — and you can go back to your old setup.

Because the Android source code in git is not fully functional, I don’t recommend keeping your phone reflashed — my address book, messaging, and the soft keyboard were all broken using git head, and I would miss most incoming calls — so I flashed my phone, spent three days and night hacking this, then went back to RC30 because I couldn’t bear my phone to be broken like that for any longer…

The best idea is to try to follow the instructions, and ask on some of the linked bulletin boards if you get stuck. Good luck!"

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scott8813 For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
android, multitouch, phone, tmobile, working