Post New ThreadReply

Old 01-19-2009, 11:09 AM
Fastervette Fastervette is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: ppc 6800
Mobile Carrier: Alltel
Mobile OS: 6.1

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View Fastervette's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Fastervette's Photo Album Add Fastervette's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Alltel Upgrade Ran into problems

Yesterday I upgraded 1 Alltel PPC 6800 with the Alltel Factory (OEM)
RUU_TITAN_ALLTEL_WWE_3.52.671.9_RS_TITAN_Alltel3.4 2.50_NV2.02_PPST_Ship no problems came up.

However, on the other phone (Both had 6.0) also Alltel PPC 6800 I attempted to upgrade it with the same upgrade above and the upgrade stopped at 11%, on the device screen it shows:
TITA100 SPL-1.20.O.Olipro. (Tri Color)
After reading it appears the former owner (Ebay Purchased Phone) must have flashed the phone prior. Also read where a Olipro 1.20 compatible OEM rom flash must be re-applied to get back to functioning phone. I could not find ALLTEL 2.14.671.3 Radio 1.40 on any of the PDA/Smartphone forums. So I flashed with a compatible Sprint:
RUU_TITAN_SPRINT_WWE_2.17.651.0_RS_TITAN_SPCS_1.47 .01_Ship
It did come back to life.
From reading it appears I need to re-lock the phone, or upgrade to Olipro 2.40, I have not been able to re-lock the phone, I have tried on a XP and Vista Computer. I did try to upgrade to Olipro 2.40 it completes all the steps but phone comes backup to 1.20.Olipro. The flash only last probably 5 to 10 seconds. The only way to get it to boot back to the Sprint OS is to APPLY TITAN_EXITBL then it will return to boot and Sprint OS.

On the device (Device Settings) It shows Rom 2.17.651.0 but no radio.

The Stock Alltel OEM upgrade it where I would like to be for now. As as I understand this is a starting place I could do some of the custom roms at some point on the boards if I wished.

ANY and all help someone can provide to get this thing going on the Alltel system is GREATLY appreciated.
What makes this worse is it is the Wife's Phone so I am kinda in the OUTHOUSE

Thanks Have a Great Day
Vette
Old 01-19-2009, 10:01 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Alltel Upgrade Ran into problems

“ Originally Posted by Fastervette View Post

Yesterday I upgraded 1 Alltel PPC 6800 with the Alltel Factory (OEM)
RUU_TITAN_ALLTEL_WWE_3.52.671.9_RS_TITAN_Alltel3.4 2.50_NV2.02_PPST_Ship no problems came up.

However, on the other phone (Both had 6.0) also Alltel PPC 6800 I attempted to upgrade it with the same upgrade above and the upgrade stopped at 11%, on the device screen it shows:
TITA100 SPL-1.20.O.Olipro. (Tri Color)
After reading it appears the former owner (Ebay Purchased Phone) must have flashed the phone prior. Also read where a Olipro 1.20 compatible OEM rom flash must be re-applied to get back to functioning phone. I could not find ALLTEL 2.14.671.3 Radio 1.40 on any of the PDA/Smartphone forums. So I flashed with a compatible Sprint:
RUU_TITAN_SPRINT_WWE_2.17.651.0_RS_TITAN_SPCS_1.47 .01_Ship
It did come back to life.
From reading it appears I need to re-lock the phone, or upgrade to Olipro 2.40, I have not been able to re-lock the phone, I have tried on a XP and Vista Computer. I did try to upgrade to Olipro 2.40 it completes all the steps but phone comes backup to 1.20.Olipro. The flash only last probably 5 to 10 seconds. The only way to get it to boot back to the Sprint OS is to APPLY TITAN_EXITBL then it will return to boot and Sprint OS.

On the device (Device Settings) It shows Rom 2.17.651.0 but no radio.

The Stock Alltel OEM upgrade it where I would like to be for now. As as I understand this is a starting place I could do some of the custom roms at some point on the boards if I wished.

ANY and all help someone can provide to get this thing going on the Alltel system is GREATLY appreciated.
What makes this worse is it is the Wife's Phone so I am kinda in the OUTHOUSE

Thanks Have a Great Day
Vette
take a look at my signature below and for the tutorial on flashing download the relocker their and than flash back o the stock rom.... the reason it is doing that is because that is the old bootloader for non gps roms.... if you want to go custom just run the new unlocker aka hardspl. let me know how that goes for you nad if it helps :>
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2009, 07:29 AM

View Fastervette's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Fastervette's Photo Album Add Fastervette's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

"flash back o the stock rom"
Dash are talking back to the Alltel Current:
RUU_TITAN_ALLTEL_WWE_3.52.671.9_RS_TITAN_Alltel3.4 2.50_NV2.02_PPST_Ship
after relocking or to the Alltel ROM I couldn't find?
Is the sprint rom OK? Being I couldn't find the original Alltel ROM
"ALLTEL 2.14.671.3 Radio 1.40"

Right now phone is booting to the "Sprint OS" as stated in prior post. If I understand after rereading your guide I
1st need to relock with the "Titan Relocker"
at this point can I apply the NEW ALLTEL:
or do I need to apply "run the new unlocker aka hardspl" BEFORE doing the above.
Or is there another step needed prior to the Factory update?

I'll play with custom roms on my 6800. NOT my wife's 6800 which is the one I am trying to repair.

Thanks for replying quickly
Vette

--------- New Post Merged on 20/1/2009 at 1238 --------

Dash is this the original OEM Alltel Rom I have been looking for? If so how do you run it?
hxxp://ppcgeeks.com/forum.ppcgeeks/showpost.php?p=85958&postcount=15

When I click on the auto run it says it is not a valid win32 application.

Thanks Again
Vette
Old 01-20-2009, 12:05 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

"flash back o the stock rom"
Dash are talking back to the Alltel Current:
after relocking or to the Alltel ROM I couldn't find?
Is the sprint rom OK? Being I couldn't find the original Alltel ROM
"ALLTEL 2.14.671.3 Radio 1.40"

Right now phone is booting to the "Sprint OS" as stated in prior post. If I understand after rereading your guide I
1st need to relock with the "Titan Relocker"
at this point can I apply the NEW ALLTEL:
or do I need to apply "run the new unlocker aka hardspl" BEFORE doing the above.
Or is there another step needed prior to the Factory update?

I'll play with custom roms on my 6800. NOT my wife's 6800 which is the one I am trying to repair.

Thanks for replying quickly
Vette

--------- New Post Merged on 20/1/2009 at 1238 --------

Dash is this the original OEM Alltel Rom I have been looking for? If so how do you run it?

Thanks Again
Vette
jsut get the newest version from htc.com and than take a look at the tutorial for how to flash and that will guide you through the steps.... be sure to read the part on how to do stock and all.
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2009, 12:15 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch & Pro!!
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 4,891 Times in 1,440 Posts

View crazaytalent's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View crazaytalent's Photo Album Add crazaytalent's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

"

Thanks Again
Vette
not sure if you put Hxxp (as opposed to http) in that link address on purpose to avoid making it a live link, or if its just a typo... but try to remember when posting sites, your going to want to wrap codes around it by using the little spinning green wheel icon in your text entry window...

The Following User Says Thank You to crazaytalent For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2009, 01:45 PM

“ Originally Posted by crazaytalent View Post

not sure if you put Hxxp (as opposed to http) in that link address on purpose to avoid making it a live link, or if its just a typo... but try to remember when posting sites, your going to want to wrap codes around it by using the little spinning green wheel icon in your text entry window...
Crazy it wouldn't let me put a live link because of low number of post. Something about spam.

Have a Wonderful Day
Vette

--------- New Post Merged on 20/1/2009 at 0341 --------

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

jsut get the newest version from htc.com and than take a look at the tutorial for how to flash and that will guide you through the steps.... be sure to read the part on how to do stock and all.
Ok I got the Original Alltel back on the phone 2.14 1.40 radio. I tried what it said on the Guide regarding the upgrade. The phone I would think is still locked as before re-installing original OEM with the 1.40 radio. It does have 1.20 Olipro on it.

I did try to put the Newest Alltel update from HTC but the 6800 went right back to the 1.20 Olipro tri colered screen.

Then I tried the re-locker after re-installing the original again... it also this time rebooted to the 1.20 Olipro and hung.. I am at odds what to do Dash.

I have it at Pure stock Original until you instruct me further.

Thanks
Vette
Old 01-21-2009, 05:27 PM

Bump, Bump

any other suggestions

Vette
Old 01-21-2009, 05:38 PM

Crazy it wouldn't let me put a live link because of low number of post. Something about spam.

Have a Wonderful Day
Vette

--------- New Post Merged on 20/1/2009 at 0341 --------

Ok I got the Original Alltel back on the phone 2.14 1.40 radio. I tried what it said on the Guide regarding the upgrade. The phone I would think is still locked as before re-installing original OEM with the 1.40 radio. It does have 1.20 Olipro on it.

I did try to put the Newest Alltel update from HTC but the 6800 went right back to the 1.20 Olipro tri colered screen.

Then I tried the re-locker after re-installing the original again... it also this time rebooted to the 1.20 Olipro and hung.. I am at odds what to do Dash.

I have it at Pure stock Original until you instruct me further.

Thanks
Vette
i already told you, you have an outdated bootloader on your device and you need to get that updated... you will need to go to 2.40 which you can find in my signature below before you go to custom... the unlocker you are using is for non-gps roms which none are anymore.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2009, 10:18 AM

Thanks Dash:

I finally got everything up and going plus put the Newest Alltel upgrade from HTC

What I did was put the nueSPLTitan 2.47 on but the only way I could get it to take was VIA SD card. I put the file on the SD card and went to the storage card folder and ran it there. Everything worked and came back up updated. them I put the Alltel update on, sure makes you think it is going to do the same but as update page states LEAVE IT ALONE!! it'll finish.

Thanks Guys
Vette
The Following User Says Thank You to Fastervette For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
alltel, problems, ran, upgrade