Random Community Topics

Post New ThreadReply

Old 01-21-2009, 11:20 PM
cuz215 cuz215 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View cuz215's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View cuz215's Photo Album Add cuz215's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Imberdded Videos in Opera on Touch Pro

I want to be able to wathc embedded videos on web pages on my Touch Pro via Opera. Specifically videos from www.animeseason.com. I found a thread at another forum with an edit to be done to the User Agent in Opera Prefferences, but I wasn't able to get the fix to work for me. Can anyone help me to get this website to work. I also have Skyfire, but due not fully supporting VGA resolution, I would rather not use it if I didnt have to. Does anyone know how to get Opera working the way I want? Thanks in advance guys!
Old 01-21-2009, 11:57 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Imberdded Videos in Opera on Touch Pro

“ Originally Posted by cuz215 View Post

I want to be able to wathc embedded videos on web pages on my Touch Pro via Opera. Specifically videos from www.animeseason.com. I found a thread at another forum with an edit to be done to the User Agent in Opera Prefferences, but I wasn't able to get the fix to work for me. Can anyone help me to get this website to work. I also have Skyfire, but due not fully supporting VGA resolution, I would rather not use it if I didnt have to. Does anyone know how to get Opera working the way I want? Thanks in advance guys!
skyfire works fine on my touch pro and my diamond... i know jew has it on there no troubles also....
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2009, 05:21 AM
InsomniAddict
Mobile Model: MogulTouchProTouchHD

Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,397 Posts

View scott8813's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View scott8813's Photo Album Add scott8813's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

yeah as far as viewing flash goes, D/\SH hit it on the nose, SkyFire has no competition.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scott8813 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2009, 06:26 AM
cuz215 cuz215 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: Touch Pro

View cuz215's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View cuz215's Photo Album Add cuz215's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Yeah I have skyfire, but it dosent' provide true VGA resolution the way Opera on the Touch Pro does. Thats why I wanted to get Opera setup to view those videos untill Skyfire gets updated to provide the true VGA resolution. With that said, are there any tweeks that can be done to Opera to get it up and running, or is this one of thoe situations where I just gotta "bute the bullet"?
The Following User Says Thank You to cuz215 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2009, 07:30 AM
InsomniAddict
Mobile Model: MogulTouchProTouchHD

Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,397 Posts

View scott8813's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View scott8813's Photo Album Add scott8813's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I believe that i've stated that exact same thing about three or so times on this site. Love the speed of skyfire cant stand the resolution or semi lacking of control, and love the true vga opera brings but wont even try to watch the simplest of video codecs with it. We're pretty much on an impass but I feel that both opera and skyfire have come way too far way too fast to not have a fix for this right there on the horizon.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to scott8813 For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
imberdded, opera, pro, touch, videos