Old 08-24-2007, 10:05 PM
iamdasht19 iamdasht19 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
HTC Home Customizer v0.8b

HTC Home Customizer v0.8b
Thanks for emunutz from ppcgeeks.com

v0.8 *UPDATED 8/19/2007*

FEATURES
-New cab installer and two versions, HHC and HHC Lite!
-Change the "appearance" of the Home Plugin (background, clock, icons, weather icons)
-Options to change tab order, music player, and today postition locking
-Backup/restore of your appearance and settings (launcher shortcuts, contacts, weather settings, cities database, plugin options)
-Option for alternate weather selection (custom cities!!!)
-Option to create/delete shortcut to the program
-Custom theme support
-Support for plugins that install to \HTCHome and \Windows
-Live appearance set downloads and previews
-Live download of Home plugin and Audio Manager based on WM version detected.
(You can still manually install another plugin before running the customizer if you wish.)

NOTE ABOUT LIVE DOWNLOADS
Live downloads are very primitive currently, although very functional. Please leave your feature requests for this module in this thread, as they will be added to v1.0 when released.

If you lose your data connection while downloading a file through the customizer, you may experience a delay of up to 5 minutes before the customizer recognizes the connection is lost. This issue will be also be addressed in v1.0.

Here is a direct link to the preview site: Appearance Previews

THEMES
OK, here's how themes work. The "Theme" is broken down into four "Appearance" options. They are Background, Clock, Icons, and Weather Icons. I split those up for two reasons. First, I haven't found any (I'm sure they're out there) alternate weather icons, so copy the sames files over again is redundant and wastes times. Second, it gives you a little more control over the customization of your themes. What the program does is it takes the names of the four Appearance options you have set and save those parameters to the themes.ini file with the name you have given it.

You can then go back and reload that theme (four image sets) anytime you wish from the Themes menu.

INSTALLATION
YOU MUST HAVE THE HTC HOME PLUGIN INSTALLED TO USE THIS PROGRAM. If you would like to use the Tab Order function, you must have a version of the plugin that supports it.

YOU MAY OPTIONALLY INSTALL THE HTC AUDIO MANAGER to use with the Music tab.

HHC is now packaged in a CAB installer. You can install/uninstall this like any other program now. If you have a previous version with a custom backup or appearances, you can copy them into the new installation folder as the folder structure has stayed the same.

If you do not have a Home plugin installed, the customizer will prompt you to download and install a compatible version. You may decline, however you will not be able to use it unless you have one installed.

You can also download a version of Audio Manager for your WM version from the HTC Options menu.

Neither the Home plugin or the Audio Manager are guaranteed to work with your device, however these packages have worked for many people.

USAGE
1. Go to Start -> Programs and launch the HTC Home Customizer.
2. Use the program.
3. Close the program. Once complete, the plugin should reload automatically and you should see your changes if you made any.

WEATHER
Thanks to N2A on XDA forums, you can now pull your local weather. Based on his patch, I've implemented a switchable setup for your weather. You may continue to use the default or switch to a custom db where you can enter the cities you wish, most US cities by zip code only! Please see this link for more details about zip/location codes you will need to enter. You will only need your zip/location code, as the program will handle all the database and reg entries for you.

If you are having trouble with local weather over your phone's data connection when selecting a custom database, try this via wifi (tested) or activesync (untested):
1. Disconnect your phone's data connection.
2. Enable the alternate internet connection and open PIE.
3. Browse to http://htc.accuweather.com, you should get N2A's "error page" (at this point, your weather should now update)
4. Disconnect the alternate connection and re-enable your phone's data connection
5. Try to update the weather tab, you should now get your local weather if everything is setup correctly.

If it's still not working and your on WM6, use the cab from N2A's post above. The cab he provides is more reliable than the "Pocket Hosts" method he describes, which is what the customizer now uses

CHANGELOG for v0.8
-Some packages have been removed to reduce download size.
-New Download Packages option - Can download extra packages from online repo at any time
-Option to preview the packages in IE, then go back to the customizer to download
-Removed extra prompt when plugin DLL not found
-Fixed install background confirmation to say background instead of clock
-Change language of HTC Home plugin (sorry not the customizer itself, just the plugin)
-Added a bunch of artwork to online repository
-Added option to show/hide titlebar clock
-Added prompt to soft reset device if a change that requires it has been made
-Added option to change the localization of the plugin
-Added live download of plugin if not installed with check based on WM version
-Added live download of audio manager (optional)
-Added more description to some prompts
-Added more (still not done) error-checking with program functions
-Most important feature of all: HHC has an icon!!! (A crappy one, but an icon!)
-Probably some other stuff I can't remember right now

MINOR BUGS/ISSUES
Occasionally the program will lock up or soft reset the device. This has only happened after repeatedly opening the program. I've only heard this from one other user, so I think it might have something to do with another package. I'm still looking into this issue.

REQUIRED FILES
These packages are now available to download directly through the customizer. You may install them manually if you wish. I have included the original post (if known) and a RapidShare link for convenience.

Windows Mobile 5 (Tested on Apache)
6Tab Home Plugin
Code:

http://rapidshare.com/files/47418755...56Tab.zip.html

Windows Mobile 6 (Tested on Titan)
6Tab Home Plugin
Code:

http://rapidshare.com/files/46952696...inWM6.zip.html

Audio Manager (Optional)
Code:

http://rapidshare.com/files/46952950...erWM6.zip.html

Code:

http://rapidshare.com/files/51119193/HHCv08b.zip.html

Once Thanks for emunutz from ppcgeeks.com
Attached Thumbnails
home1.jpg   home2.jpg   home3.jpg   home4.jpg  
Attached Files You can't view or download attachments from this post before you thank it.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:32 AM
Mobile Model: Titan

View RPG*The_Tulip's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View RPG*The_Tulip's Photo Album Add RPG*The_Tulip's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: HTC Home Customizer v0.8b

Ok I have searched for this and can't find it anywhere... I have installed the plugin.. Everything works fine... But for some reason after the intial set up I can't change the clock, backround or icons again. No matter what I do... If I run the customizer again it turns on HTC HOME PLUGIN on in the Today area. Whitch gives me a double screen.. Its kind of crazy... Do we know if there is any video on how to do this. Or do we know of where I can find a solution...
Old 03-03-2008, 10:46 AM
Mobile Model: Htc Touch Pro 1 & 2
Mobile Carrier: Kaos
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 3,590 Times in 1,164 Posts
Uploads: 1

View kaos's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View kaos's Photo Album Add kaos's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

if your running ultimate launch you have to shut it off in today to be able to run the customizer...This allows it to be able to be changed....
Old 03-03-2008, 11:41 AM

View RPG*The_Tulip's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View RPG*The_Tulip's Photo Album Add RPG*The_Tulip's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

You are the best dude thanks.. One more quicky the writing where it says Sprint PCS I see Dash has it customed to his name... How can I change that...
Old 03-03-2008, 03:36 PM

View kaos's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View kaos's Photo Album Add kaos's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by RPG*The_Tulip View Post

You are the best dude thanks.. One more quicky the writing where it says Sprint PCS I see Dash has it customed to his name... How can I change that...
so do I. ^_^ search opmon
Old 03-03-2008, 04:44 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by kaos View Post

so do I. ^_^ search opmon
yeah thanks to D/\SH HEHE
Old 03-03-2008, 04:47 PM

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

yeah thanks to D/\SH HEHE
you told me the name....but i had to search it down..lol you were in a mood that day...
Old 03-03-2008, 09:35 PM
Mobile Model: 6800 Mogul

View djembefola's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View djembefola's Photo Album Add djembefola's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Dash, I am trying to get the HTC Home Customizer running on my new mogul and I keep getting a error, server not found, connection to server could not be found. please check your data connection and restart the program.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:00 PM
Mobile Model: Sprint Pro
Mobile Carrier: 2963 DL speed REV A

Thanked 2,006 Times in 615 Posts

View broSki's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View broSki's Photo Album Add broSki's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by djembefola View Post

Dash, I am trying to get the HTC Home Customizer running on my new mogul and I keep getting a error, server not found, connection to server could not be found. please check your data connection and restart the program.
this happened to me also, what I did was soft reset my phone and then connected to the internet to activate vision before I tried connecting to the internet straight from the costumizer instead...give it a try
Old 03-03-2008, 11:31 PM
Mobile Model: touch htc

View dabestboi's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View dabestboi's Photo Album Add dabestboi's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

is the 6 tab home screen compatible with th HTC touch and if so could you give the the link to download it
Old 03-03-2008, 11:58 PM

I found that I had to be connect to my pc through active sync. It worked for me that way.. Doesnt work if you try to connect any other way.. at least for me

Hey K do I change the name in the options... I guess I am just being retarded to day... Still can't find it..
Old 03-04-2008, 08:13 AM

“ Originally Posted by RPG*The_Tulip View Post

I found that I had to be connect to my pc through active sync. It worked for me that way.. Doesnt work if you try to connect any other way.. at least for me

Hey K do I change the name in the options... I guess I am just being retarded to day... Still can't find it..

if your talkin bout the operator name you need to get opmon.
Old 03-04-2008, 04:18 PM
Mobile Model: 6800 Mogul

View djembefola's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View djembefola's Photo Album Add djembefola's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Bro thanks, I got it working.
Old 03-04-2008, 05:05 PM

Just giving and receiving... Help when I can
Old 05-03-2008, 08:38 PM
Mobile Model: TouchPro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

View too758's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View too758's Photo Album Add too758's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Hey so my home plugin is only showing 4 icons. how do i change that back to 6?
Old 05-03-2008, 08:39 PM

“ Originally Posted by too758 View Post

Hey so my home plugin is only showing 4 icons. how do i change that back to 6?
go to start/settings/personal/today/htc home customizer/ than check the others.
Old 05-03-2008, 09:02 PM

View too758's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View too758's Photo Album Add too758's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

go to start/settings/personal/today/htc home customizer/ than check the others.
ok so i'm confussed about two things. the first is with the icons. i can go to through the start/settings/personal/today/ but then i don't have a htc home customizer option. is there another app that i need. and the second thing is, i read through the thread about how to actually change the home plugin while haveing the ultimate launch, but i still don't understand the steps to make it all work correctly, a step by step walk through would be great if anybody has the time. thanks
Old 05-03-2008, 09:08 PM
ADMIN-Watch what you say!
Mobile Model: Touch PRO2, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: On the NOW Network

Thanked 6,030 Times in 1,977 Posts

View BiG JeW's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BiG JeW's Photo Album Add BiG JeW's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

ok so i'm confussed about two things. the first is with the icons. i can go to through the start/settings/personal/today/ but then i don't have a htc home customizer option. is there another app that i need. and the second thing is, i read through the thread about how to actually change the home plugin while haveing the ultimate launch, but i still don't understand the steps to make it all work correctly, a step by step walk through would be great if anybody has the time. thanks
Bro... you got us confused... Did you install the HTC home plugin first? Then did you soft rest? then did you see the HTC home plugin on the today screen? If so, did you intall the HHC customizer to the same place you did the HTC Home plugin? what did you do?

Old 05-03-2008, 09:27 PM

“ Originally Posted by BiG JeW View Post

Bro... you got us confused... Did you install the HTC home plugin first? Then did you soft rest? then did you see the HTC home plugin on the today screen? If so, did you intall the HHC customizer to the same place you did the HTC Home plugin? what did you do?
The home plugin was installed to the device and the customiser was installed to the storage card. i didn't think that mattered. But i had the home plugin on screen before i installed the HHC. I can uninstall both i just need to know an order of steps to go through to make sure everything works correctly.
Old 05-03-2008, 09:30 PM

The home plugin was installed to the device and the customiser was installed to the storage card. i didn't think that mattered. But i had the home plugin on screen before i installed the HHC. I can uninstall both i just need to know an order of steps to go through to make sure everything works correctly.
bro come on this is common sense on how to do it you have done it once already.
1. search for weather fix and install both the cab files
2. run cabs on your phone
3. install HHC
4. DONE.|
Old 05-04-2008, 12:20 AM

bro come on this is common sense on how to do it you have done it once already.
1. search for weather fix and install both the cab files
2. run cabs on your phone
3. install HHC
4. DONE.|
hey thanks. i got it all taken care of. sorry for the slowness.
Old 05-04-2008, 12:57 AM

hey thanks. i got it all taken care of. sorry for the slowness.
cool cool glad that it all worked out for you
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
customizer, home, htc, v08b