PsShut skin change

HTC Touch Questions

Post New ThreadReply

Old 01-22-2008, 12:24 AM
303hooligan 303hooligan is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: Sprint Touch

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View 303hooligan's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View 303hooligan's Photo Album Add 303hooligan's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
PsShut skin change

Can sum1 lend me a hand in where to apply a new skin for the PsShut?...i open program file on activsync on my sprint touch but only shows an .exe file...no other folders to drop the skin into...tried placing it in the main folder along side of .exe but didnt work....any info would be appreciated!

Old 01-22-2008, 04:52 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: PsShut skin change

“ Originally Posted by 303hooligan View Post

Can sum1 lend me a hand in where to apply a new skin for the PsShut?...i open program file on activsync on my sprint touch but only shows an .exe file...no other folders to drop the skin into...tried placing it in the main folder along side of .exe but didnt work....any info would be appreciated!
To change thepsShutXP skin, you must place the 2 gif files in the root program directoy of psShutXP (\Program Files\psShutXP\). I am assuming that directory is the same on WM 5.0. That's it. psShutXP does not really "load" skins; it just reads the 2 gif files that are located in this folder (as long as they are named correctly).

What I did was create a subdirectory for skins (\Program Files\psShutXP\\Skins\) and placed all of my different skins in their own folders. Whenever I want to switch, I just copy and paste.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:26 PM
303hooligan 303hooligan is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: Sprint Touch

View 303hooligan's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View 303hooligan's Photo Album Add 303hooligan's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

To change thepsShutXP skin, you must place the 2 gif files in the root program directoy of psShutXP (\Program Files\psShutXP\). I am assuming that directory is the same on WM 5.0. That's it. psShutXP does not really "load" skins; it just reads the 2 gif files that are located in this folder (as long as they are named correctly).

What I did was create a subdirectory for skins (\Program Files\psShutXP\\Skins\) and placed all of my different skins in their own folders. Whenever I want to switch, I just copy and paste.
AAHHH..figured it out now...was doing what you said the 1st time i tried but with only one file...NOT BOTh that NEED to be in there..thank man

Old 01-23-2008, 01:25 AM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

AAHHH..figured it out now...was doing what you said the 1st time i tried but with only one file...NOT BOTh that NEED to be in there..thank man
no problem bro took me a lil time to figure it out the first time too lol.
Old 01-23-2008, 01:26 AM

no problem took me a lil bit to figure it out the first time too.
Old 02-08-2009, 04:15 PM
previously codydavis22
Mobile Model: Motorola Droid
Mobile Carrier: Verizon

View V I P's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View V I P's Photo Album Add V I P's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I don't know why I'm having issues with this....but I can't get it to change the skin on my Pro. I have tried a couple different skins and overwrite the 2 gif files...put when I run the exe the skin doesn't change. I even tried reinstalling the whole program.

--------- New Post Merged on 8/2/2009 at 0555 --------

“ Originally Posted by codydavis22 View Post

I don't know why I'm having issues with this....but I can't get it to change the skin on my Pro. I have tried a couple different skins and overwrite the 2 gif files...put when I run the exe the skin doesn't change. I even tried reinstalling the whole program.
Also...I did make sure that the skins are vga.....the two gif files are names psshutxp_skin and psshutxp_skin_eng.....I found the other thread that talks about that but it seems to be unresolved for someone there.
Old 02-08-2009, 06:09 PM

--------- New Post Merged on 8/2/2009 at 0555 --------

Also...I did make sure that the skins are vga.....the two gif files are names psshutxp_skin and psshutxp_skin_eng.....I found the other thread that talks about that but it seems to be unresolved for someone there.
if you are using a qvga skin it just wont appear.... make sure you are using a vga skin for it to work and appear.
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2009, 06:45 PM
previously codydavis22

View V I P's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View V I P's Photo Album Add V I P's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

if you are using a qvga skin it just wont appear.... make sure you are using a vga skin for it to work and appear.
Off a fresh install there are no gif files in the program files\psShutXP folder....am I installing the wrong version? I'm using the vga version. Should I look for an older version or something?
Old 02-08-2009, 06:49 PM

Off a fresh install there are no gif files in the program files\psShutXP folder....am I installing the wrong version? I'm using the vga version. Should I look for an older version or something?
you need to download a skin of your choosing for vga and than copy and paste it into that folder if you want it to be skinned.
Old 02-08-2009, 07:06 PM
previously codydavis22

you need to download a skin of your choosing for vga and than copy and paste it into that folder if you want it to be skinned.
Haha I know. I have read all of the posts about this. I have tried that with the buuf theme, the SPJ theme, and a couple of the Gifs in that theme pack. What i'm saying tho is that before I even put those gifs in that folder all that is in there is the exe and 2 notepad files.
Old 02-08-2009, 07:19 PM
•crzy_dmnà ¢â‚¬Â¢
Mobile Model: иoиε
Mobile Carrier: spriиt or at&t

Thanked 2,115 Times in 720 Posts

View NINE'SICKS's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View NINE'SICKS's Photo Album Add NINE'SICKS's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

the original program doesnt come with skins.. what i did was download and install a working skin, reskinned it and installed it in the correct folder listed above. i havent made a vga skin as i haver the mogul but i guess ill look around and see what i can do and accept vga request along with qvga.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NINE'SICKS For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2009, 08:11 PM
previously codydavis22

Problem is still not solved. I don't understand what I am doing wrong.....this isn't difficult.....but I have downloaded like four different themes tried them all...installed to device and storage card.....still no luck. Does everybody else have this VGA version?
Old 02-08-2009, 08:23 PM

Problem is still not solved. I don't understand what I am doing wrong.....this isn't difficult.....but I have downloaded like four different themes tried them all...installed to device and storage card.....still no luck. Does everybody else have this VGA version?
first of all do you have the cab for the vga version? (it will say vga in the description label of the cab) and second of all does the description say that it was made or will work with vga resolutions? if not you can get the cab from here or from the developers site whch you can easily find on google since it is a freeware and a popular one at that,
Old 02-08-2009, 08:43 PM
previously codydavis22

first of all do you have the cab for the vga version? (it will say vga in the description label of the cab) and second of all does the description say that it was made or will work with vga resolutions? if not you can get the cab from here or from the developers site whch you can easily find on google since it is a freeware and a popular one at that,
yep, the cab description says vga in it and I got it from here....

<HTML Code

https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/showthread.php?t=177501&highlight=psshutxp
.....I hope that I wrapped those right...I have never done that before. And most of the skins for it here don't specify vga of qvga....but I have tried a bunch.
Old 02-08-2009, 08:51 PM

yep, the cab description says vga in it and I got it from here....

<HTML Code

https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/showthread.php?t=177501&highlight=psshutxp
.....I hope that I wrapped those right...I have never done that before. And most of the skins for it here don't specify vga of qvga....but I have tried a bunch.
if they dont say VGA in the title or description they will not work since those were all posted before vga devices even came to the states and cdma subscribers.
Old 02-08-2009, 09:16 PM
•crzy_dmnà ¢â‚¬Â¢
Mobile Model: иoиε
Mobile Carrier: spriиt or at&t

Thanked 2,115 Times in 720 Posts

View NINE'SICKS's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View NINE'SICKS's Photo Album Add NINE'SICKS's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Code

http://rapidshare.com/files/195795644/9sicks_vga_psshutxp.zip.html
this is the link to my 1st VGA psshutxp skin.. its realy nothing much to look at but its vga and if it works ill accept requests ASAP.. please install this cab where dash said and softreset.. if psshutxp is made in the rom chances r its in the /windows folder and u can also try copy/pasting the skins there. iv never had a problem with this ap.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NINE'SICKS For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2009, 10:35 PM
previously codydavis22

“ Originally Posted by NINE'SICKS View Post

Code

http://rapidshare.com/files/195795644/9sicks_vga_psshutxp.zip.html
this is the link to my 1st VGA psshutxp skin.. its realy nothing much to look at but its vga and if it works ill accept requests ASAP.. please install this cab where dash said and softreset.. if psshutxp is made in the rom chances r its in the /windows folder and u can also try copy/pasting the skins there. iv never had a problem with this ap.
Didn't work.....I'm running Juggalo's rom and it didn't come included. I'm going crazy....I just don't understand what I'm not doing right.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:52 PM

Didn't work.....I'm running Juggalo's rom and it didn't come included. I'm going crazy....I just don't understand what I'm not doing right.
i dont understand what the troubles are.....
1. install the cab file
2. navigate via file explorer to main memory/program files/psshutxp
3. paste the vga skin in that folder loose
4. use....

if you are trying to run from the start menu it wont work that way,.... you have to use a hard button or the actual shortcut to launch with the skin....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2009, 11:10 PM
previously codydavis22

i dont understand what the troubles are.....
1. install the cab file
2. navigate via file explorer to main memory/program files/psshutxp
3. paste the vga skin in that folder loose
4. use....

if you are trying to run from the start menu it wont work that way,.... you have to use a hard button or the actual shortcut to launch with the skin....

I've done all of that and tried running the exe in program files.....and still getting the plane old blue xp skin

--------- New Post Merged on 9/2/2009 at 0254 --------

I've done all of that and tried running the exe in program files.....and still getting the plane old blue xp skin
Finally......I got. I think that maybe there is a problem with the version that we have here...because I downloaded this one from XDA and it works fine.

Code

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=401248
Thanks for trying to help tho Dash
The Following User Says Thank You to V I P For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
change, psshut, skin