.'. LG Rumor Or Palm Centro!!??? .'.

Random Community Topics

Post New ThreadReply

Old 03-14-2008, 03:47 AM
AL_CAPONE_X3 AL_CAPONE_X3 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: Sprint Mogul/Sprint Touch

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View AL_CAPONE_X3's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View AL_CAPONE_X3's Photo Album Add AL_CAPONE_X3's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
.'. LG Rumor Or Palm Centro!!??? .'.

ok guys i got an basic question at the moment for you guys. what phone is better?

me i already know its most likely the palm centro.

but the reason why im asking is because my girl wants to get a new phone and she really wants the rumor and i think thats an good phone for her since she said she wants it so she can text alot. but i figured for an extra $50 she can get the centro of her choice of what color. pink or black or red from sprint of course. also they can customize it. not as much as windows of course. so yes i know centro is probably better. but as far as for her she going to be using the phone for talking and texting of course and thats about it. i believe thats all the rumor offers you. but i figured for $50 more she can get a phone that does texting and talking and a lil more.

so im asking you guys from all views what phone is better? what is the best deal for its price a rumor for $50 or a centro for $100 and what phone is easier to text on and what has better call quality, signal quality and etc. any opinions you can give me would be appreciated.

well this is all the questions i have for now about this subject.

P.S. (hahaha @ rumor comercial being on while writing this)

Old 03-14-2008, 06:56 AM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: .'. LG Rumor Or Palm Centro!!??? .'.

“ Originally Posted by AL_CAPONE_X3 View Post

ok guys i got an basic question at the moment for you guys. what phone is better?

me i already know its most likely the palm centro.

but the reason why im asking is because my girl wants to get a new phone and she really wants the rumor and i think thats an good phone for her since she said she wants it so she can text alot. but i figured for an extra $50 she can get the centro of her choice of what color. pink or black or red from sprint of course. also they can customize it. not as much as windows of course. so yes i know centro is probably better. but as far as for her she going to be using the phone for talking and texting of course and thats about it. i believe thats all the rumor offers you. but i figured for $50 more she can get a phone that does texting and talking and a lil more.

so im asking you guys from all views what phone is better? what is the best deal for its price a rumor for $50 or a centro for $100 and what phone is easier to text on and what has better call quality, signal quality and etc. any opinions you can give me would be appreciated.

well this is all the questions i have for now about this subject.

P.S. (hahaha @ rumor comercial being on while writing this)
well the centros keyboard isnt the best for typing and she is going to only be doing texting and talking so for her needs i would say to go with the rumor. no need to spend an extra 50 bucks for some features that she wont even use...... and the centro isnt the greatest of phones anyways. (ive messed with my buddies and the palm interface suck and takes alot to navigate.)
Old 03-14-2008, 08:19 AM

View AL_CAPONE_X3's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View AL_CAPONE_X3's Photo Album Add AL_CAPONE_X3's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

well the centros keyboard isnt the best for typing and she is going to only be doing texting and talking so for her needs i would say to go with the rumor. no need to spend an extra 50 bucks for some features that she wont even use...... and the centro isnt the greatest of phones anyways. (ive messed with my buddies and the palm interface suck and takes alot to navigate.)
but i can picture it now she will end up regreting it maybe because the internet speeds suck and is slow. ya i said she probably end up using it for just texting and talk but if i can find an email that will work again with sero since all the emails i known stop working ill probably set her up on a sero plan so she will have all those options free of extra cost in case she does decide to use it.

but idk yet its really her choice. but i need more input on this subject.

Old 03-14-2008, 12:06 PM
The VenumX Factor
Mobile Model: HTC Touch PRO
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,192 Posts

View VenumX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View VenumX's Photo Album Add VenumX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

if you go with the centro they are gonna make you get the $25 / month or more data pack to get the mail in rebate to bring it down to 99.99. its part of the terms and conditions of the mail in for the centro. Honestly, i would go with the rumor, even though its not on EVDO it seems to fit her current needs better than the centro. Also even if she gets the internet, email runs great on the rumor; i set up my gmail on it and its almost faster than my touch for some reason :P

Old 03-14-2008, 06:45 PM

“ Originally Posted by VenumX View Post

if you go with the centro they are gonna make you get the $25 / month or more data pack to get the mail in rebate to bring it down to 99.99. its part of the terms and conditions of the mail in for the centro. Honestly, i would go with the rumor, even though its not on EVDO it seems to fit her current needs better than the centro. Also even if she gets the internet, email runs great on the rumor; i set up my gmail on it and its almost faster than my touch for some reason :P
why would they make me add the $25 a month data pack just to get an mail in rebate? to get the phone for $99. even if i get the phone for her with a sero plan they still would? because sero offers data included so ya im confused there. well i also know that if she gets the rumor and see the internet is not as fast or as great doesnt support what the centro does as far as web page type she might end up regreting it after seeing my phone can do what hers cant. idk though. and ya she would probably use the internet for you know myspace and whatever other websites she might wanna use it for.

Old 03-14-2008, 06:53 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by AL_CAPONE_X3 View Post

why would they make me add the $25 a month data pack just to get an mail in rebate? to get the phone for $99. even if i get the phone for her with a sero plan they still would? because sero offers data included so ya im confused there. well i also know that if she gets the rumor and see the internet is not as fast or as great doesnt support what the centro does as far as web page type she might end up regreting it after seeing my phone can do what hers cant. idk though. and ya she would probably use the internet for you know myspace and whatever other websites she might wanna use it for.
i myself dont know but venum works for sprint for sure with out doubt in my it is true.
Old 03-14-2008, 08:58 PM

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

i myself dont know but venum works for sprint for sure with out doubt in my it is true.
alright ill wait for his input to see what he says. hopefully it doesnt matter because its sero

Post New ThreadReply

Tags
centro, palm, rumor