Old 03-20-2008, 10:36 PM
iamdasht19 iamdasht19 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Sorry Touch Users Not Lookin Good

i got this from another forum and heres the response he got from htc.

Email Reply From HTC America Today
This could be corporate party line or not .I just thought I would forward this to this board.I am not a happy camper right now

Hello Blank,

Thank you for your inquiry in regards to HTC Touch.

Edgar, I understand how important it is for you to have the latest in firmware updates and the ability to use the device to its full potential. Unfortunately at this time we do not have any information with regards to enabling GPS/ REV A on the HTC Touch from sprint. Its more likely that REV A will be something that HTC might look into enabling, but GPS requires licensing fees and other hurdles to cover before it can be enable the CPU on the device is owned by Qualcomm and features do cost licensing and contract obligation to enable use on the HTC Touch. Please understand that we do appreciate your business but that GPS might not be a feature on the device.

I hope we have answered your question in detail. Feel free to contact us again if you have any further questions.

HTC Technical Support
http://www.america.htc.com
Old 03-21-2008, 12:50 AM
Mobile Model: Sprint HTC Touch

View jethro_static's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jethro_static's Photo Album Add jethro_static's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Sorry Touch Users Not Lookin Good

Oh yeah, rev. A is coming to tuch. Just be patient.
http://www.informationweek.com/news/...leID=206902830
Old 03-21-2008, 12:54 AM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by jethro_static View Post

Oh yeah, rev. A is coming to tuch. Just be patient.
http://www.informationweek.com/news/...leID=206902830
i dotn have th etouch anymore so i dont care but that came form a source without anything behind who said that and this came straight form the mouths of htc who makes the roms for sprint.
Old 03-21-2008, 03:26 AM
Mobile Model: Sprint Pro
Mobile Carrier: 2963 DL speed REV A

Thanked 2,006 Times in 615 Posts

View broSki's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View broSki's Photo Album Add broSki's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

mogul is the shiznet son lol, look at my sig im honest about it hahaha
Old 03-21-2008, 04:19 AM
Mobile Model: Sprint Touch

View dskrtnsanity's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View dskrtnsanity's Photo Album Add dskrtnsanity's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

this is rediculous.. HTC at it again.. this pisses me off. i want a mogul now!

Old 03-21-2008, 07:13 AM
Mobile Model: Htc Touch Pro 1 & 2
Mobile Carrier: Kaos
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 3,590 Times in 1,164 Posts
Uploads: 1

View kaos's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View kaos's Photo Album Add kaos's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

mogul rules and touch owners drool.
Old 03-21-2008, 07:29 AM

View jethro_static's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jethro_static's Photo Album Add jethro_static's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Mogul. hahaha. u people r left behind in the analog world
Old 03-21-2008, 07:52 AM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch

View ougijoe's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ougijoe's Photo Album Add ougijoe's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by kaos View Post

mogul rules and touch owners drool.
lol, point taken.

I'm going to play around a bit more before I pass judgement on the purchase, but from what you all say, apparently the mogul was the way to go

Old 03-21-2008, 10:18 AM

dont crap this thead. This is not about mogul. If you want to brag about your mogul, Go make a new thead about your moguls. This is about HTC'splan on touch. thank you
Old 03-24-2008, 02:50 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch

View siniority's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View siniority's Photo Album Add siniority's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Y'all are dumb...the mogul has less capabilities then the touch. when they do come out with the Rev A y'all are gonna be eating your words...plus i've been getting alot of complaints bout the mogul and its battary life..had two friends return there's for the touch...One works for tmobile and the other sprint..
Old 03-24-2008, 04:08 PM
The VenumX Factor
Mobile Model: HTC Touch PRO
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,192 Posts

View VenumX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View VenumX's Photo Album Add VenumX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

First of all lets stop all this religious debating about the mogul and touch lol there is no true answer as to which is better lmao anyways, im just glad all those posts are now gone off this thread; i guess one good thing came of the downtime :P anyways more constructively speaking here is my email conversation with HTC support:

Original Message:

“ Quote ”

Hello, I have been debating whether or not to get the HTC Touch and one of the deciding factors is the fact that i will be going on a trip next month. For this trip i will be needing some type of GPS guidance; therefore I need a phone with GPS. I have read on some forums that there is a possibility of a ROM update for the HTC Touch CDMA for Sprint coming out soon that enables both Rev A and GPS. I was wondering when this update would be coming and if it would get here by April 3rd; I have to hit the road on the 4th. Thanks in advance for your response.
Their Response:

“ Quote ”

Hello Timothy,

Thank you for your inquiry

First and foremost, let me thank you for your interest in our line of products. The Sprint Touch does not actually come pre bundled with and Rev. A or GPS capability. At the present time there are no plans on releasing any update that would allow that sort of functionality.

Just to let you know, for more information on your device you can always check www.htcwiki.com.

I hope we have answered your question in detail. Feel free to contact us again if you have any further questions.

HTC Technical Support

http://www.america.htc.com
http://www.htcwiki.com
http://www.cingular.com/support/
My Response:

“ Quote ”

Ok, this makes no sense, i have been told by a number of sprint representatives that there will be an update to enable these features, even sprint.com has the following under the GPS specifications for the HTC Touch:

"GPS Enabled View your approximate location and use available applications to navigate roadways throughout the country. (will not be available until Q1 2008 upgrade)"

Also the site that you referenced me to, htcwiki.com has also posted the following:

"CDMA2000 1X/EVDO,EVDO REV A capable, digital dual band (800 and 1900 MHz)"
"GPS Yet to be available through a ROM update."

So my question is how is everyone else saying that there WILL be an update and you are saying, " At the present time there are no plans on releasing any update that would allow that sort of functionality". If there is any way you could ask someone to give me a specific answer on whether or not this phone will have an update, that would be great. I would like to get a ballpark estimate as to when this thing will launch so i can better make up my mind, and please give me a straight answer this time.

Sorry to sound like a jerk, but that last email was more an inconvenience than it was informative.

Thanks in advance for your reply,

Timothy F
Their Response:

“ Quote ”

Hello Tim F,

Thank you for your inquiry

Tim, I understand you have question about GPS capability on HTC/Sprint Touch. Unfortunately we do not have any information about GPS on HTC/Sprint Touch. These devices are selected by the wireless carriers then reprogrammed, re-branded, and sometimes remodeled at their discretion. Wireless provider has taken complete ownership in supporting these devices. They have a technical support team for PDA devices and if required they can forward the issue to the HTC Engineers department. I would recommend you to contact technical support and escalate the issue internally.

HTC Technical Support

http://www.htc.com/us
http://www.htcwiki.com
So i am calling later today and I will keep you updated on what i find.

Old 03-24-2008, 04:12 PM
Mobile Model: Htc Touch Pro 1 & 2
Mobile Carrier: Kaos
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 3,590 Times in 1,164 Posts
Uploads: 1

View kaos's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View kaos's Photo Album Add kaos's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by VenumX View Post

First of all lets stop all this religious debating about the mogul and touch lol there is no true answer as to which is better lmao anyways, im just glad all those posts are now gone off this thread; i guess one good thing came of the downtime :P anyways more constructively speaking here is my email conversation with HTC support:

Original Message:

Their Response:

My Response:

Their Response:

So i am calling later today and I will keep you updated on what i find.
thanks for the update venumx....Also yes guys all behave...jethro_static was banned for his mouth......don't be next....Keep thread on topic from here on out.
Old 03-24-2008, 04:48 PM

“ Originally Posted by kaos View Post

thanks for the update venumx....Also yes guys all behave...jethro_static was banned for his mouth......don't be next....Keep thread on topic from here on out.
ha lost all the arguing pimping lol.
Old 03-24-2008, 11:03 PM

View broSki's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View broSki's Photo Album Add broSki's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

ha lost all the arguing pimping lol.
lol not me.....im down anytime homiezz lol
Old 03-24-2008, 11:18 PM

“ Originally Posted by brol1k View Post

lol not me.....im down anytime homiezz lol
lol not even going to touch that like i wouldnt the touch again lol
Old 03-24-2008, 11:59 PM

lol not even going to touch that like i wouldnt the touch again lol
lmaooo lets leave dat crap alone, he still tryin to register again
Old 03-25-2008, 12:02 AM

lmaooo lets leave dat crap alone, he still tryin to register again
yeah he knows that he is missing this place and cant live without it.
Old 03-25-2008, 12:07 AM

yeah he knows that he is missing this place and cant live without it.
word...is there anyway u let him back lmaooooo,
Old 03-25-2008, 12:08 AM

word...is there anyway u let him back lmaooooo,
maby so he can make once post and i can ban him this time since kaos got the honors last time.... but lets try to keep this on topic lol.
Old 03-25-2008, 10:13 AM
Mobile Model: touch pro
Mobile Carrier: sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

View bowser001's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View bowser001's Photo Album Add bowser001's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

as long as we get the evdo revision a that will be good enough for me ive done just fine without gps on my touch i think ill b fine.i upgraded from my 6800 to my 6900 to me it is an upgrade the touch just looks better feels better etc.with the rev a it will b complete oh yeah and the skyfire browser too(if tey ever email me back with a ok to download link)
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
good, lookin, touch, users