Old 12-30-2007, 08:36 AM
iamdasht19 iamdasht19 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
SD Card Problems

alright decided to type this out before i go to bed for a couple hours. but all of a sudden my 2gb sd card real thing by the way decided to stop working. it wouldnt read in my touch and other ones would. the computer wouldnt even read it. is there any ideas on how to get this to work again since i have never had these problems beofore... jsut curious no big deal or anything since i have a backup 2 gig just curious..... hit me up with some ideas if you guyz have any.
Old 12-30-2007, 08:47 AM
OG Member
Mobile Model: Pixel 7 Pro
Mobile Carrier: Metro PCS
Mobile OS: Android

Thanked 10,859 Times in 2,859 Posts
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 152

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: SD Card Problems

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

alright decided to type this out before i go to bed for a couple hours. but all of a sudden my 2gb sd card real thing by the way decided to stop working. it wouldnt read in my touch and other ones would. the computer wouldnt even read it. is there any ideas on how to get this to work again since i have never had these problems beofore... jsut curious no big deal or anything since i have a backup 2 gig just curious..... hit me up with some ideas if you guyz have any.
lol..this remind me of iden when the guys had problem running the carrier program and it won't read the phone..try the usb driver to make sure its there when you connect.but then you said that your phone won't read it! just some idea's bro take it out to a soft reset reboot and out the card back in...let me know how you made out.

Old 12-30-2007, 09:31 AM
Mobile Model: Htc Touch Pro 1 & 2
Mobile Carrier: Kaos
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 3,590 Times in 1,164 Posts
Uploads: 1

View kaos's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View kaos's Photo Album Add kaos's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

if you have the adapter for it to fit in your pc.You could always go under devices then find it .then force a reformat.
Old 12-30-2007, 01:40 PM
Tech-O-Shock
Mobile Model: Htc Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

View Tigerz's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Tigerz's Photo Album Add Tigerz's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i was gunna say do a refomat, but keep inmond the thing are fradgile so make sureu didnt damage it, mine last through water damager which was a shocker lolz

Old 12-30-2007, 02:09 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by puertoblack2003 View Post

lol..this remind me of iden when the guys had problem running the carrier program and it won't read the phone..try the usb driver to make sure its there when you connect.but then you said that your phone won't read it! just some idea's bro take it out to a soft reset reboot and out the card back in...let me know how you made out.

“ Originally Posted by kaos View Post

if you have the adapter for it to fit in your pc.You could always go under devices then find it .then force a reformat.

“ Originally Posted by Tigerz View Post

i was gunna say do a refomat, but keep inmond the thing are fradgile so make sureu didnt damage it, mine last through water damager which was a shocker lolz
tried that like 10 times pb lol.... reads the other 2gb fine.

have the adapter but the computer wont even recognize it to be able to reformat the card.

lol yeah it was working fine than all of a sudden it popped out a lil and didnt notice right away so i have a feeling that it is fried. ill just put it in the package that i got from when i got my card for christmas and exchange it for a new one lol.
Old 12-30-2007, 03:17 PM
Tech-O-Shock

View Tigerz's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Tigerz's Photo Album Add Tigerz's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

nice

Old 12-30-2007, 03:25 PM
Mobile Model: Sprint Mogul

View Mandingo's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mandingo's Photo Album Add Mandingo's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Sounds like you poped that thing out without safely removing it.... that's the only reason i could think of why that happen. there's no recovery as far as i know.

Old 12-30-2007, 03:28 PM
Tech-O-Shock

i like the new sig mandingo alot bttr thx

Old 12-30-2007, 03:36 PM

“ Originally Posted by Mandingo View Post

Sounds like you poped that thing out without safely removing it.... that's the only reason i could think of why that happen. there's no recovery as far as i know.
right but than why wouldnt it be reading the card at all on the phone or through the computer when i use the adapter.
Old 12-30-2007, 03:39 PM
Tech-O-Shock

casue its probaly fried lol like you said

Old 04-17-2008, 04:13 PM
BANG3R
Mobile Model: Touch,WM6.5&Android
Mobile OS: 5.0

View sl8dogg's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View sl8dogg's Photo Album Add sl8dogg's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Dash,

I know this thread is old, but I found this when searching for my problem. Identical to yours. The real deal San Disk 2gb card, all of a sudden my Touch won't recognize it as even being in teh phone like what happened to you. My stand alone card reader can read it on my pc, so it doesn't seem to be the card. My touch still does read other cards though fine, and this happened out of the blue. I've tried all the obvious fixes and trouble shooting things...

Did you ever find a remedy? I know, you took it back to the store right? lol....

Old 04-17-2008, 04:24 PM

“ Originally Posted by sl8dogg View Post

Dash,

I know this thread is old, but I found this when searching for my problem. Identical to yours. The real deal San Disk 2gb card, all of a sudden my Touch won't recognize it as even being in teh phone like what happened to you. My stand alone card reader can read it on my pc, so it doesn't seem to be the card. My touch still does read other cards though fine, and this happened out of the blue. I've tried all the obvious fixes and trouble shooting things...

Did you ever find a remedy? I know, you took it back to the store right? lol....
naw i just brought back to the store...... its the missing drivers on the touch that can casue this every once in a while.
Old 04-17-2008, 04:27 PM
BANG3R

View sl8dogg's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View sl8dogg's Photo Album Add sl8dogg's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

naw i just brought back to the store...... its the missing drivers on the touch that can casue this every once in a while.
Right on. I'm gonna try it in my GF's Wing later on to see if it will read it. Weird it worked fine for so long and then crapped..... Don't really care about the data, just the $ for the card...... Oh Well, I needed a bigger one anyways.....

Old 04-17-2008, 04:42 PM

“ Originally Posted by sl8dogg View Post

Right on. I'm gonna try it in my GF's Wing later on to see if it will read it. Weird it worked fine for so long and then crapped..... Don't really care about the data, just the $ for the card...... Oh Well, I needed a bigger one anyways.....
same happened with mine had it for like a year than just crapped but read on the computer at the end.
Old 04-18-2008, 01:20 PM
BANG3R

same happened with mine had it for like a year than just crapped but read on the computer at the end.
Forced a re-format through my card reader on my PC, and Voila! It worked. Touch now recognizes it again. For future reference!!!!! Thx.....

Old 05-12-2008, 12:31 AM
Mobile Model: htc touch sprint

View lilkrazzie's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View lilkrazzie's Photo Album Add lilkrazzie's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Since we are on the topic of sd cards. Is there a way to reformat the card while its in the phone because I don't have a card reader. Thanks.
Old 05-12-2008, 01:17 AM

“ Originally Posted by lilkrazzie View Post

Since we are on the topic of sd cards. Is there a way to reformat the card while its in the phone because I don't have a card reader. Thanks.
ummmmmm not sure i dont think that there is you can get a usb card adapter from best buy for like 10 bucks they are really cheap and work great... or you could even get one of ebay....... make sure you get SD though dont get an off brand.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
card, problems