Post New ThreadClosed Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 09:49 AM
slimjon slimjon is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View slimjon's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View slimjon's Photo Album Add slimjon's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
[ ISSUE SOLVED ] USB cable type

Does anyone know if the USB port on the bottom of the HTC Touch Pro is a standard shape/size?

I have searched numerous sites, and the shape of the plug/socket does not match any standard that I can find. (For example, A type, B type, mini-A, mini-B, micro-A, micro-B)

Thanks..
SLIMjon
Old 10-27-2008, 09:57 AM
The VenumX Factor
Mobile Model: HTC Touch PRO
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,192 Posts

View VenumX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View VenumX's Photo Album Add VenumX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: USB cable type

“ Originally Posted by slimjon View Post

Does anyone know if the USB port on the bottom of the HTC Touch Pro is a standard shape/size?

I have searched numerous sites, and the shape of the plug/socket does not match any standard that I can find. (For example, A type, B type, mini-A, mini-B, micro-A, micro-B)

Thanks..
SLIMjon
its like a mini-B but shaped a little differently. It is possible to plug a miniusb to usb cable into the port.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VenumX For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2008, 04:01 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by VenumX View Post

its like a mini-B but shaped a little differently. It is possible to plug a miniusb to usb cable into the port.
if your not going to be using the stock usb cord or charger jsut be sure to use the splitter that came with your phone so you dont mess up any of the pins.
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2008, 11:55 AM
slimjon slimjon is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: Touch Pro
Mobile OS: 6.1

View slimjon's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View slimjon's Photo Album Add slimjon's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by slimjon View Post

Thanks..
SLIMjon
Additional research tells me that it is a propriatery port shape for HTC. I hate when companies do that.
Post New ThreadClosed Thread

Tags
cable, issue, solved, type, usb