Post New ThreadReply

Old 12-13-2008, 06:23 PM
cookz123z cookz123z is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: palm pre
Mobile Carrier: sprint
Mobile OS: WebOS

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View cookz123z's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View cookz123z's Photo Album Add cookz123z's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
help i think i broke my accelerometer

i just got my touch diamond 3 days ago and i already ****ed it up...it fell off of my lap and hit hit the floor...theres no marks on it at all and everything works fine but now when i play the teeter game this is what happens
[youtube_browser]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mi5lAA6gxvQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mi5lAA6gxvQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube_browser]
i recorded it with my htc touch
IS THERE ANYWAY OF ME FIXING THIS, I TRIED THE CALIBRATION AND I RESTARTED THE WHOLE PHONE STILL NO LUCK
Old 12-13-2008, 06:26 PM
SPJ FREAKSTER!
Mobile Model: PRO&DIAMOND!!
Mobile Carrier: Rev a speeeeeddddddd
Mobile OS: 6.1

Thanked 1,139 Times in 584 Posts

View 1mrlcb's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View 1mrlcb's Photo Album Add 1mrlcb's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: help i think i broke my accelerometer

“ Originally Posted by cookz123z View Post

i just got my touch diamond 3 days ago and i already ****ed it up...it fell off of my lap and hit hit the floor...theres no marks on it at all and everything works fine but now when i play the teeter game this is what happens
[youtube_browser]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mi5lAA6gxvQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mi5lAA6gxvQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube_browser]
i recorded it with my htc touch
IS THERE ANYWAY OF ME FIXING THIS, I TRIED THE CALIBRATION AND I RESTARTED THE WHOLE PHONE STILL NO LUCK
Hard reset just hold down the vol down/power/center on keypad your good and i seriously doubt you broke it

Old 12-13-2008, 06:29 PM
Mobile Model: T.O.U.C.H P.R.O
Mobile Carrier: SPRINT SPEED

View Fatal_Error's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Fatal_Error's Photo Album Add Fatal_Error's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

How far did it fall ???? Also please repost and tell us what happends incase we have to go any farther with it.....

Old 12-13-2008, 06:31 PM

View cookz123z's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View cookz123z's Photo Album Add cookz123z's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i just tried it still no luck...i even restarted the phone back the factory defult and still no luck..thanks anyways

“ Originally Posted by 1mrlcb View Post

Hard reset just hold down the vol down/power/center on keypad your good and i seriously doubt you broke it
--------- New Post Merged on 13/12/2008 at 0724 --------

it fell about two feet and hit the floor on its back...its a hard floor to...no marks on phone though

“ Originally Posted by Fatal_Error View Post

How far did it fall ???? Also please repost and tell us what happends incase we have to go any farther with it.....

i just tried it still no luck...i even restarted the phone back the factory defult and still no luck..thanks anyways
Old 12-13-2008, 06:36 PM
SPJ FREAKSTER!

View 1mrlcb's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View 1mrlcb's Photo Album Add 1mrlcb's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Do you have tep or insurance if so take it in to a sprint store get a replacement

Old 12-13-2008, 10:15 PM

no...i got it off ebay

Do you have tep or insurance if so take it in to a sprint store get a replacement
Old 12-13-2008, 10:20 PM
SPJ FREAKSTER!

no...i got it off ebay
First call and say that it just stoped working and if that doesent work just go to a sprint store and play stupid and you might get a replacement

Old 12-13-2008, 10:29 PM
Mobile Model: Touch Prizo!!!
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 7,924 Times in 2,668 Posts

View Superman369's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Superman369's Photo Album Add Superman369's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

no...i got it off ebay
HTC Phones come with a manufacture warranty for one year. And since the diamond hasnt even been out for a year, it should still be covered. The manufacture warranties are general pretty restrictive and stuff, but take it to a sprint repair center and they should be able to give you a general idea if it falls under warranty. That is if they cant fix it there. Hope this helps

The Following User Says Thank You to Superman369 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2008, 01:32 AM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

no...i got it off ebay
once you activate a pohne you get 30 dasy to add insurance if you want.... so add it and in a week or so bring it in and show them whats going on.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2008, 01:37 AM
Mobile Model: Mogul 6800
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

View JBehymer's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View JBehymer's Photo Album Add JBehymer's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

In Feb of this year i bought a sprint ppc6700. The navi button was broken, it was scratched up. I dealt with it for 2 months went, to sprint store... replacment. I have had it switched out a few times. I had to change my number and when the ## they provided didn't work, the sent me a NIB mogul w/2 batteries (1 HTC & 1 sprint) and chargers. Brand New!! told me monday or tuesday, arrived Saturday and was ordered friday around noon. I have had excellent luck with sprint and there replacment system. make sure ins. is added to your line... if anything wait a months and do it. I would still recommend checking out MFR warranty. good luck
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JBehymer For This Useful Post:
Old 12-15-2008, 03:21 PM

I just got off of the phone with sprint and after sweet talking to the lady she sent a ticket out for me to get a FREE htc diamond replacement and a return kit for the broken one. she said the phone will come in 2 to 3 days and she told me when i get this one she would reccomend me to get insurence on this one cause she waved the fee for the new phone. now what would happen if i didnt send the old phone back in?

“ Originally Posted by Superman369 View Post

HTC Phones come with a manufacture warranty for one year. And since the diamond hasnt even been out for a year, it should still be covered. The manufacture warranties are general pretty restrictive and stuff, but take it to a sprint repair center and they should be able to give you a general idea if it falls under warranty. That is if they cant fix it there. Hope this helps

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

once you activate a pohne you get 30 dasy to add insurance if you want.... so add it and in a week or so bring it in and show them whats going on.

“ Originally Posted by JBehymer View Post

In Feb of this year i bought a sprint ppc6700. The navi button was broken, it was scratched up. I dealt with it for 2 months went, to sprint store... replacment. I have had it switched out a few times. I had to change my number and when the ## they provided didn't work, the sent me a NIB mogul w/2 batteries (1 HTC & 1 sprint) and chargers. Brand New!! told me monday or tuesday, arrived Saturday and was ordered friday around noon. I have had excellent luck with sprint and there replacment system. make sure ins. is added to your line... if anything wait a months and do it. I would still recommend checking out MFR warranty. good luck
Old 12-15-2008, 05:34 PM
SPJ FREAKSTER!

I just got off of the phone with sprint and after sweet talking to the lady she sent a ticket out for me to get a FREE htc diamond replacement and a return kit for the broken one. she said the phone will come in 2 to 3 days and she told me when i get this one she would reccomend me to get insurence on this one cause she waved the fee for the new phone. now what would happen if i didnt send the old phone back in?
They will charge you for it and they just gave me another diamond and waived the charges to

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1mrlcb For This Useful Post:
Old 12-15-2008, 09:44 PM

k thanks...really? thats good...what was wrong with yours ?

They will charge you for it and they just gave me another diamond and waived the charges to
Old 12-15-2008, 10:13 PM
SPJ FREAKSTER!

k thanks...really? thats good...what was wrong with yours ?
I seriously spilt warter on it SHHHH and on the screen it had a little damage but i just called and said ive been having problems with it and he was really nice and said he will waive all charges for the phone but i wonder if i have to send my battery and cover back or will i get charged??

Old 12-15-2008, 10:18 PM
Mobile Model: Touch Prizo!!!

Thanked 7,924 Times in 2,668 Posts

View Superman369's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Superman369's Photo Album Add Superman369's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I seriously spilt warter on it SHHHH and on the screen it had a little damage but i just called and said ive been having problems with it and he was really nice and said he will waive all charges for the phone but i wonder if i have to send my battery and cover back or will i get charged??
I gotta get some of this luck. I didnt get TEP and my hard buttons on my TP just stoped working the other day....34 days after I bought it. So the e-care people were all like, we cant do anything because its after 30 days. And I dont feel like sending it off to HTC and waiting for weeks to get it back. Sucks for me

Old 12-16-2008, 01:51 AM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

yes you would have to send those back but you could keep the card and the sync wire.

I gotta get some of this luck. I didnt get TEP and my hard buttons on my TP just stoped working the other day....34 days after I bought it. So the e-care people were all like, we cant do anything because its after 30 days. And I dont feel like sending it off to HTC and waiting for weeks to get it back. Sucks for me
being it into the store... you got insurance right?
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2008, 07:59 AM
SPJ FREAKSTER!

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

yes you would have to send those back but you could keep the card and the sync wire.

being it into the store... you got insurance right?
Well over the phone they said they will send a return kit for only the phone and were talking about the diamond so no card and i read on another site that he kept everything(battery,cover etc)but the phone and dident get charged??

--------- New Post Merged on 16/12/2008 at 0940 --------

Keep calling back thats what i did but i still had 2 days until my 30 days were up and it wouldent let the guy order it so he said why dont you just go to a sprint store for a exchange i said i dont have transportation then he said well i will just give you a ring back in two days so i can order your device but if i were you id just keep calling saying that this is a new defected device and your a couple days under warrentty and you dont want to pay 50 dollars and they may waive the charges but another thing i did was say i was goin to cancel service unless they help me but one girl dident care so just keep calling and be strict but nice and you will get what you want

The Following User Says Thank You to 1mrlcb For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2008, 10:55 PM

i just got my new diamond today...overnight shipping! and they sent an extra battery with the new one...im sending just the phone and the batter and cover back..the envolpe isnt big enough for anything else

Old 12-16-2008, 11:43 PM

i just got my new diamond today...overnight shipping! and they sent an extra battery with the new one...im sending just the phone and the batter and cover back..the envolpe isnt big enough for anything else
the envelopers that they send are big enough for everything to be placed in there.... i have gotten many of them throughout the years and never got one that was closed to being filled with all the stuff in it.
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
accelerometer, broke