Post New ThreadReply

Old 11-29-2008, 11:45 AM
filly444 filly444 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: LG
Mobile Carrier: Alltel
Mobile OS: 6.1

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View filly444's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View filly444's Photo Album Add filly444's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Alltel HTC Touch Pro

I'm purchasing my TP on alltel next week. Does all of the CDMA updates or ROMS go with Alltel's TP? I'm completely new @ this so a link in the correct location would suffice. thanks people

***I've read as much as i can***
The Following User Says Thank You to filly444 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2008, 12:40 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Alltel HTC Touch Pro

“ Originally Posted by filly444 View Post

I'm purchasing my TP on alltel next week. Does all of the CDMA updates or ROMS go with Alltel's TP? I'm completely new @ this so a link in the correct location would suffice. thanks people

***I've read as much as i can***
iom not sure if i understand what you mean. i know you are talking about roms and yes, all cdma custom oms can be used on your phone. if you want your carriers cab we have them around the board (like sprint nav, alltel music store, etc) you will need to unlock your phone and you can do that by looking below in my signature and the learn how to flash link :> and further questions dont be shy to ask
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2009, 05:22 PM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: Verizon

View blackdiamond017's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View blackdiamond017's Photo Album Add blackdiamond017's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Hey guys is I just flashed over to NFSFAN's Custom WM6.5 ROM on the touch pro. Love the rom but I'm trying to get picture messaging and Alltel Navigation. I've installed Arcsoft 5.0.71.33 but I get an error message saying that it has to end other data sessions to send. But it fails to send every time.

Also, is there a version of Alltel Navigation that I can use here? I tried searching for one, but can't find it.
The Following User Says Thank You to blackdiamond017 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2009, 09:08 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by blackdiamond017 View Post

Hey guys is I just flashed over to NFSFAN's Custom WM6.5 ROM on the touch pro. Love the rom but I'm trying to get picture messaging and Alltel Navigation. I've installed Arcsoft 5.0.71.33 but I get an error message saying that it has to end other data sessions to send. But it fails to send every time.

Also, is there a version of Alltel Navigation that I can use here? I tried searching for one, but can't find it.
for alltel navigation you can find that through google or over at xda or ppcgeeks for sure. and for the arcsoft make sure you have the alltel labeled one and not any of the others..... i would personally use jdarcsoft cab found at the link below:

Code

https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/sprint-arcsoft-52122-t188638.html?t=188638&highlight=arcsoft
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2009, 10:16 AM

View blackdiamond017's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View blackdiamond017's Photo Album Add blackdiamond017's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Thanks for the link. I don't have enough posts yet so I can't get to it....AAAAARRRGGGHHH lol
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blackdiamond017 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2009, 02:38 PM

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

for alltel navigation you can find that through google or over at xda or ppcgeeks for sure. and for the arcsoft make sure you have the alltel labeled one and not any of the others..... i would personally use jdarcsoft cab found at the link below:

Code

https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/sprint-arcsoft-52122-t188638.html?t=188638&highlight=arcsoft

Man I have searched everywhere but I can't seem to find Alltel Navigation.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blackdiamond017 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2009, 02:43 PM
The VenumX Factor
Mobile Model: HTC Touch PRO
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,192 Posts

View VenumX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View VenumX's Photo Album Add VenumX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Man I have searched everywhere but I can't seem to find Alltel Navigation.
try dis?

Code

http://download.ppchaven.com/CDMA%20Devices/HTC%20Vogue/Users/Whosdaman/CABs/Alltel%20Navigation.cab

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VenumX For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2009, 03:43 PM

“ Originally Posted by VenumX View Post

try dis?

Code

http://download.ppchaven.com/CDMA%20Devices/HTC%20Vogue/Users/Whosdaman/CABs/Alltel%20Navigation.cab

Thanks for the link. I installed it but it' looks so small I can hardly see the maps. Is this for an earlier phone?
Old 09-06-2009, 03:53 PM
The VenumX Factor

View VenumX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View VenumX's Photo Album Add VenumX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Thanks for the link. I installed it but it' looks so small I can hardly see the maps. Is this for an earlier phone?
probably QVGA version, i didn't check. i just did a quick search, try just downloading the telenav we have on here and installing that.

** try this link from phone **

Code

http://ota.telenav.com/ota/tn/choice/htc_htc.html
and if you have telenav you should already have a pin that they give you, if you go here it will remind you:

Code

https://signin.telenav.com/tnsso/sso/remindPin.do

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VenumX For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2009, 04:29 PM

Thanks bro! Yeah I'm already subscribed. For some reason tho it didn't have the touch pro listed for the Alltel touch pro. All the had was the snap, which isn't the same resolution. So I tried looking for just HTC devices. They had the HTC Advantage listed. I downloaded and it seems to work but I'll have to play around with it some more. I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 09-06-2009, 10:15 PM
The VenumX Factor

Thanks bro! Yeah I'm already subscribed. For some reason tho it didn't have the touch pro listed for the Alltel touch pro. All the had was the snap, which isn't the same resolution. So I tried looking for just HTC devices. They had the HTC Advantage listed. I downloaded and it seems to work but I'll have to play around with it some more. I'll let you know how it goes.
ok! glad its semi-working at least for ya :P

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VenumX For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2009, 01:00 AM

Well, it looks like Telenav is correctly installed, but I can't seem to get it to operate. I keep getting an error message saying that i need a clearer view of the sky........while I'm outside on a sunny day.

Another thing I noticed is that my battery seems to be draining like mad. Even thought I'm running nfsfans rom (with the energizer battery life right DASH? lol) But I think what's doing it is that my data connection won't shut off once it starts. I looked at my notifications and I've seen a data session go for 4 hours! Is there a fix for that?
Old 09-08-2009, 09:35 PM

Well, it looks like Telenav is correctly installed, but I can't seem to get it to operate. I keep getting an error message saying that i need a clearer view of the sky........while I'm outside on a sunny day.

Another thing I noticed is that my battery seems to be draining like mad. Even thought I'm running nfsfans rom (with the energizer battery life right DASH? lol) But I think what's doing it is that my data connection won't shut off once it starts. I looked at my notifications and I've seen a data session go for 4 hours! Is there a fix for that?

make sure under the communications manager that you have the beam turned off and what radio are you running and did you take out the battery for a minute and hard reset after flash? also in the nfsfan thread where this should have been posted since it involves all about his rom there is a cab attached for gps so it will work, download and install your carrier and than soft reset and you will be good to go..... thus why it is always good to read.
Old 09-12-2009, 08:26 PM

make sure under the communications manager that you have the beam turned off and what radio are you running and did you take out the battery for a minute and hard reset after flash? also in the nfsfan thread where this should have been posted since it involves all about his rom there is a cab attached for gps so it will work, download and install your carrier and than soft reset and you will be good to go..... thus why it is always good to read.
I have the Alltel stock radio 1.12.20F. I installed the carrier cab as soon as I flashed. I hard reset after the flash, but didn't take the battery out. I just did the battery remove, reset, and installed the carrier cab though and the same problem persists for battery life and gps. There's no beam setting in the communications manager.
Old 09-13-2009, 01:27 AM

quote=blackdiamond017;412514]I have the Alltel stock radio 1.12.20F. I installed the carrier cab as soon as I flashed. I hard reset after the flash, but didn't take the battery out. I just did the battery remove, reset, and installed the carrier cab though and the same problem persists for battery life and gps. There's no beam setting in the communications manager.[/quote]

there is a beam on all the devices and roms.... looks under settings/connections....
Old 09-13-2009, 02:08 AM

quote=blackdiamond017;412514]I have the Alltel stock radio 1.12.20F. I installed the carrier cab as soon as I flashed. I hard reset after the flash, but didn't take the battery out. I just did the battery remove, reset, and installed the carrier cab though and the same problem persists for battery life and gps. There's no beam setting in the communications manager.

there is a beam on all the devices and roms.... looks under settings/connections....[/quote]

Oh ok. Found it. Thanks. There's a "receive all incoming beams" option that I unchecked. Not that I see myself using this option much at all, but does that mean I won't be able to get any incoming beams at all or will it just ask me everytime? It's seems a little ambiguous to me. Thanks.
Old 09-13-2009, 02:11 AM

there is a beam on all the devices and roms.... looks under settings/connections....

Oh ok. Found it. Thanks. There's a "receive all incoming beams" option that I unchecked. Not that I see myself using this option much at all, but does that mean I won't be able to get any incoming beams at all or will it just ask me everytime? It's seems a little ambiguous to me. Thanks.[/quote]

it drains the hell out of your battery since it is always going to be searching.... if you want to receive it just turn it back on use it and turn it off .......
Old 09-13-2009, 03:04 PM

Oh ok. Found it. Thanks. There's a "receive all incoming beams" option that I unchecked. Not that I see myself using this option much at all, but does that mean I won't be able to get any incoming beams at all or will it just ask me everytime? It's seems a little ambiguous to me. Thanks.
it drains the hell out of your battery since it is always going to be searching.... if you want to receive it just turn it back on use it and turn it off .......[/quote]

Ok. I'll see how it goes and let you know. I guess I should continue posting in the nfsfans thread now.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
alltel, htc, pro, touch