question on swapping phones

HTC Touch Questions

Post New ThreadReply

Old 02-28-2008, 08:22 PM
Psycho Psycho is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.5

Location: uniontown pennsylvania (30 miles south of pittsburgh)
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View Psycho's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Psycho's Photo Album Add Psycho's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
question on swapping phones

I really wish that I got the mogul... The touch isn't getting great reception, think something happened to the antenna. My question is, is there any way that a corporate sprint store might swap me out for a mogul? I bout my vogue off of ebay.... But i do have the insurance... Thanks ahead of time!
Old 02-28-2008, 08:30 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: question on swapping phones

“ Originally Posted by Psycho View Post

I really wish that I got the mogul... The touch isn't getting great reception, think something happened to the antenna. My question is, is there any way that a corporate sprint store might swap me out for a mogul? I bout my vogue off of ebay.... But i do have the insurance... Thanks ahead of time!
the best way would be emailing and askin sprint or seeing if someone will trade yo for it on ppcgeeks or summtin.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:46 PM

View Psycho's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Psycho's Photo Album Add Psycho's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Sprint said "no can do" because it was purchased through ebay... I really wish I would have done more research before I bought this phone, but life goes on, and hopefully it can be fixed tomorrow.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:48 PM
Mobile Model: Htc Touch Pro 1 & 2
Mobile Carrier: Kaos
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 3,590 Times in 1,164 Posts
Uploads: 1

View kaos's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View kaos's Photo Album Add kaos's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

dude you shouldn't of told them it was off ebay....I did a broken mogul exchange with sprint i bought off ebay...when asked where i bought it i said a sprint retail store...didn't have a issue.Did mine through retentions direct line. ^_^
Old 02-28-2008, 09:20 PM

I didn't actually go into the store yet... I want to get a mogul, but I just not good at lying... the wierd thing is that the box has a Radioshack SKU number on it, so maybe I can work something out with my boss... When I go into the store tomorrow, what should I tell them in the efforts to get a mogul? Should I say that I got it from a corporate store unactivated, and don't know where my receipt is? and before I do this, I would just like to verify if there is something that the Vogue has, that the Mogul does not.
Old 02-28-2008, 11:10 PM
Mobile Model: HTC TOUCH PRO

View blink182fka6's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View blink182fka6's Photo Album Add blink182fka6's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I emailed the executive office via the email address on SPJ thread and told them some complaints about the touch and how it was marketed as an iPhone killer but is hardly that at all. and how the mogul is a much more stable phone. and an execute emailed me backing asking for my account number, I gave it to her and she said she could get me a Mogul for $80 and I got to keep my touch. So now I can sell me Touch and actually make a profit.

PS i bought my Touch off ebay too.
Old 02-28-2008, 11:24 PM

View kaos's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View kaos's Photo Album Add kaos's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i told them i bought it from a retail store..they said well go to a repair shop..told em closest was 45 minutes..it was unacceptable...to drive 45 minutes.Then they said take it back to where you bought it...said it was a Christmas gift my girl bought me at a retail store )made one up) that was a hr and a half away.Then i said insurance was unacceptable cause they would send me a 4 to 6 month old refurbished.I said heres the deal. what i want send me a new one with return kit and ill send you back my old one..they said ok...lol so it worked for me.If you want the mogul do what blink182fka6 or dashes thread on this...Make up a reason suggest mogul for a resolution...usually retentions will bite...quick search sprint direct ...Find direct retentions line number...if they ask if your threatening to leave say yes cause your upset with the touch quality..and suggest trade....be creative....bluff it usually works for me always....I've had reps astonished at my plans.lol
Old 02-28-2008, 11:50 PM
Mobile Model: Sprint Touch

View dskrtnsanity's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View dskrtnsanity's Photo Album Add dskrtnsanity's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I didn't actually go into the store yet... I want to get a mogul, but I just not good at lying... the wierd thing is that the box has a Radioshack SKU number on it, so maybe I can work something out with my boss...
mine came w/ a Shack sku also.. im pretty sure every phone comes with all major retailers bar codes.. which is y there are so many different bar codes on there. ya best bet.. is if your manager is cool try 2 get him 2 trade it out. if your boss isnt cool about it.. then go to a sprint store and tell um u bought it at a retail store. OR.. wait till your boss is off, deactivate the phone and trade it out cleaning it up w/ that monster cleaning rag.. make sure you put your phone in the right box.. so its not fishy.. i didnt tell you that tho

Old 02-28-2008, 11:58 PM

my manager is cool, but the problem is finding a mogul in our system.... what i am planning to do is going to the corporate store (I only put the phone on my account on feb 12th) and saying that I got it less than a month ago and would like to swap. I will tell them about all of the problems I have with the vogue, and hopefully they will swap me out. I hate lying, but I will tell them that I purchased it from a corporate store, and do not have the receipt... Wish me luck, and hopefully I will enjoy the mogul better.
Old 02-29-2008, 12:10 AM
Mobile Model: Sprint Touch

View dskrtnsanity's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View dskrtnsanity's Photo Album Add dskrtnsanity's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i thnk u can still D2U (direct to you) the mogul. phone is not out of system yet. not sure, worthing checkin' it out

Old 02-29-2008, 12:47 AM

I will try the email approach.. wish me luck! Thanks for all of your help gents!
Old 02-29-2008, 03:35 PM

after my wasted trip (60 miles...) to a corporate sprint store, they could not "find my receipt" and they wouldn't do anything about my phone, except order a refurbished one...
Old 02-29-2008, 03:41 PM

i told ya how to do it....lol you wanna through me a couple bucks ill call retention pretend im you and get it lol.you can get anything from retentions...
Old 02-29-2008, 06:54 PM

Had a buddy call, a co worker from radioshack, he even got the deductible removed, and got me a mogul! It should be coming in tuesday night, thanks for the offer though kaos, that was very nice of you!

I R HAPPIE!!! I R G3TZ DA m0g13
Old 02-29-2008, 08:44 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Had a buddy call, a co worker from radioshack, he even got the deductible removed, and got me a mogul! It should be coming in tuesday night, thanks for the offer though kaos, that was very nice of you!

ha nice!!! time to change the avatar now.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:45 PM

very cool...welcome to the dark side......You wont ever look at htc the same again....mogul rocks.
Old 03-01-2008, 01:41 AM

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

ha nice!!! time to change the avatar now.
changing the avatar now!
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
phones, question, swapping