Notices

Mustan-Tech - WM6.1 v3 (with GPS & Rev. A)

Windows Mobile - COOKED ROM RELEASES

Post New ThreadReply

Old 04-27-2008, 04:06 PM
iamdasht19 iamdasht19 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Page Updated: April 27th 2008

** This ROM will work with any Carrier (Sprint/Alltell/Bell/Telus/Verizon) Customization is Generic ** AND FOR THE TOUCH AKA VOGUE ONLY!!!!!!

ONCE AGAIN THIS HAS THE REV A AND GPS BUILT INTO THIS ROM!!!!

Mustan-Mega-Rom

Addition to Rom:

Applications:

1. HTC Home 2.1.1005 (6 Tab Ver.)
2. Core Media Player v1.2.2
3. Google Maps v2.0.0.17
4. TomTom 6 v6.032 (Needs Registration - For Maps)
5. Pocket RAR v3.71
6. Resco Explorer 2007 v6.17 (Needs Registration)
7. Resco Picture Viewer Pro v6.33 (Needs Registration)
8. Resco Recorder v4.01 (Needs Registration)
9. Resco Radio v1.71 (Needs Registration)
10. Cyberon Voice Commander v2.0
11. Microsoft Office Portable v6.1
12. MemMaid v2.2 (Needs Registration)
13. Windows Live Messanger v10.6.34.2500
14. FoxIt PDF Reader v1.1

Utilities:

1. Cambridge Bluetooth Add-on
2. Bluetooth Quick Link
3. Esmertec Jbed Java
4. VistaHide Batter Guage
5. Adobe Flash Lite
6. Adobe Flash Player
7. Putty SSH
8. no2chem 1% Battery Increments
9. Microsoft DST Fix
10 Registry Cleanups (Battery Hack, Faster internet)

Download - ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com//Vogue/Users/M...an-Mega-v3.exe

Mustan-Clean-ROM

Only includes:

1. Flash addons
2. Windows Live & Messenger
3. Bluetooth Addon
4. HTC Home (6 tab version)
5. HTC Keypad/Keyboard
6. HTC Album
7. HTC Audio Manager
8. HTC Comm Manager
9. HTC Cube
10. HTC Dialer
11. HTC Task Manager

Utilities:

1. no2chem 1% Battery Increments
2. Microsoft DST Fix
3. Registry Cleanups (Battery Hack, Faster internet)

Download - ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com//Vogue/Users/M...n-Clean-v3.exe

UPGRADING ANY TOUCH TO v3 Radio

* Make sure your phone is fully charged. I would strongly recommend using a program such as SPB Backup to backup all important information on your device as it will be hard reset multiple times during this process.

1. Download ImCoKeMaN's new v2.31 Vogue Unlocker: ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com//Vogue/Users/I...r_MFG_2.31.exe

2. Make sure your device is connected to ActiveSync or Windows Mobile Device Center, whichever you have.

3. Run Vogue_unlocker_MFG_2.31.exe and follow the on screen instructions. It is VERY easy to do this wrong so MAKE SURE YOU READ ALL ON SCREEN INSTRUCTIONS during the process of unlocking your device. Your phone will display SPL 2.00.coke at first but will then change to 2.31.coke as you progress through the process.

4. Allow your phone to boot up completely into OS once the unlocker process is done. Hold the power and camera button and insert your stylus into the soft-reset hole next to the mini-usb port on the bottom of your phone. It should display an SPL of 2.31.coke.

IF YOUR DEVICE DISPLAYS THE 2.31.coke SPL THEN CONTINUE TO STEP 5. IF NOT, REPEAT STEPS 3&4 UNTIL IT DOES.

5. Reboot your phone so that it is back in OS and you are able to use the phone and connect to ActiveSync/WMDC.

6. Download and run: Modded Alltel Rom: http://216.139.227.226/alltel/RUU_Vo...SpecialNBH.exe

and follow the on screen instructions. It is much the same as any RUU you may have used before. The update will appear to have crashed at 11%. Do NOT be alarmed as this is normal.

THIS STEP CAN BE FATAL FOR ANYONE SO READ CAREFULLY!!!

7. When RUU is completed, align screen and set date and time as usual.

For All Non-Alltel users once you finish aligning the screen and setting the date and time it will say "Tap the screen to continue". As soon as you do this it will immediately display a message that says "Customization will begin in 3 seconds. Press OK to continue." SOFT RESET NOW!!! Do NOT allow carrier customization to run. Soft reset during that 3 seconds.

8. At this point your phone should be booting back up.You will still be able to make and receive calls. At this time, test your internet and see if it works.

9. Next Download RUU and one of my new Roms in the next post. Flash using RRU. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VNIQUDP2
Old 04-27-2008, 06:34 PM
Mobile Model: Htc Diamond
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

View monsig74's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View monsig74's Photo Album Add monsig74's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Mustan-Tech - WM6.1 v3 (with GPS & Rev. A)

any one had a problem connecting to the internet, cuz i cant
Old 04-27-2008, 08:06 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch

View mpoole226's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View mpoole226's Photo Album Add mpoole226's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I just finished installing this Rom. Followed the instructions step by step and it worked perfectly. Able to receive incoming/outgoing calls, internet is working and GPS is working! Not sure if this is because of the update or not, but as I was testing my Sprint Touchafter the rom update I was told by a couple of people that I sounded much louder to them than normal and they meant that in a good way.

Also, I know the instructions state already that when installing the alltell rom that at 11% it will seem like the update has frozen, but I just want to point out that it took about 6 minutes from this point before the phone continued updating. So you really need to be patient here. For me active sync closed down and everything, so I figured it had frozen, but it didn't you just have to wait and wait and wait. I just wanted to stress this since I think many people will think it is frozen when it isnt.

Great update! I have tested the GPS and everything is working great after using the phone for about 15 minutes.
Old 04-28-2008, 04:54 AM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by monsig74 View Post

any one had a problem connecting to the internet, cuz i cant
you need to run the iota file in the extended rom or go to start/settings/connections/connections/ than internet /get connection or go whatever it says lol
Old 04-28-2008, 01:18 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Hero
Mobile OS: Android

View schroder08's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View schroder08's Photo Album Add schroder08's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I'm thrilled! I managed to get through it without messing the phone up! Thanks a lot! I was able to do it from my desktop (32 bit Vista) because the prog didn't like my 64 bit Vista laptop, but everything ran well. I accidentally restored from backup my system settings (whoops) but another hard reset took care of that (I tend to reformat a few times when I get a new OS so I'm used to that). Now I just need to track down Sprint TV, the OZ Instant Messaging stuff, etc but I know where to find that (Search). I recall there being a thread that had each part seperated. Gonna go track that down now. Again, my thanks D/\SH! Haven't tested GPS yet (going to get TeleNav installed first) but I'll edit with the success (hopefully) of that.

EDIT 1: I installed the clean one and the two Touch keyboards aren't showing up for me for some reason. I really use the touch keypad one for just about everything, so that is going to be a problem for me for now until I track down the cab to install that, I think. Second problem I have (so far) is that telenav for the Touch requires searching for Bluetooth GPS without checking for internal, so I'm downloading the Garmin Mobile now. Feels like when I'm modding my car, everything needs to be tinkered with to get it to fit in right, though I don't have a Dremel for my phone yet. ;-)

EDIT 2: So I tried a few versions of Sprint Navigation/Telenav, there's one for the Mogul I tried that said the GPS signal was too weak. Next I went with the Garmin, and that worked! Yay. It was having difficulty maintaining a signal, but that cleared up. So, so far so good. Hopefully they will release a version of Telenav that will work with an integrated GPS for the Touch soon because I know I like that system.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:49 AM

View dluckychance's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View dluckychance's Photo Album Add dluckychance's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Will this work with Rogers Touch? Elfin?
Old 04-29-2008, 12:56 AM
ADMIN-Watch what you say!
Mobile Model: Touch PRO2, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: On the NOW Network

Thanked 6,030 Times in 1,977 Posts

View BiG JeW's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BiG JeW's Photo Album Add BiG JeW's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by dluckychance View Post

Dude did you even read like the first 3 or 4 sentence in the post..... Come on it says touch AKA vogue only ... Please read

Old 04-29-2008, 04:20 AM

“ Originally Posted by dluckychance View Post

the elf aka elfin is the gsm version and it doesnt work only for the vogue version of the touch which is the ones without the sim card.
Old 04-29-2008, 04:57 AM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro

View rwcj63's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View rwcj63's Photo Album Add rwcj63's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i am having problems with Rev.A after installing this version. The speeds are way way slower now and more inconsistant than with JD's version. Has anyone else seen that?
Old 05-03-2008, 08:54 PM
Mobile OS: 5.0

View Cobra920's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Cobra920's Photo Album Add Cobra920's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i am having trouble connecting online.. what am i doing wrong..
Old 05-03-2008, 09:33 PM

“ Originally Posted by rwcj63 View Post

i am having problems with Rev.A after installing this version. The speeds are way way slower now and more inconsistant than with JD's version. Has anyone else seen that?
no i havent but you can try my buddy oldmanjenkins rom for the touch that i posted today.

“ Originally Posted by Cobra920 View Post

did you run the iota cab? and your talking bout the internet correct?
Old 05-04-2008, 12:08 AM

View Cobra920's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Cobra920's Photo Album Add Cobra920's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

yes.. when i click on the internet .. its keeps asking me for server name and pass...

That and my phone is running a lil slow now.
Old 05-04-2008, 12:14 AM

yes.. when i click on the internet .. its keeps asking me for server name and pass...

That and my phone is running a lil slow now.
it shouldnt i never had the problem. i would try OMJ rom we have posted here with it enabled...... beautifully quick rom the man does great work!!!
Old 05-04-2008, 12:57 AM

ok i got it to work.. now im just having trouble on the weather option... doesnt pick up any US cities.
Old 05-04-2008, 12:58 AM

ok i got it to work.. now im just having trouble on the weather option... doesnt pick up any US cities.
yes it does bro you got to choose your city and all.... some cities are represented so sometimes you will have to pick a city next to yours. but what do you mean it doesnt pick them up?????? does your internet work?
Old 05-04-2008, 01:11 AM

yeah the internet works now... any reason the comm manager doesn't highlight the categories while using the directional pad...

I downloaded HHC 1.0 final.. figured it out...

Thanks for the help
Old 05-04-2008, 01:16 AM

yeah the internet works now... any reason the comm manager doesn't highlight the categories while using the directional pad...

I downloaded HHC 1.0 final.. and i dont see options to add a US city.
it should highlight them i dont know what you did wrong lol you took the battery out and hard reset after flash correct???? and you click on the add your city when you go to the weather tab and its all right there for you
Old 05-04-2008, 01:18 AM

i didn't remove battery...
Old 05-04-2008, 01:21 AM

i didn't remove battery...
that could be causing some of the problems. im not 100% sure since i didnt use the rom for too long before i went to OMJ rom which i love and havent found any noticeable bugs that would annoy me and im pretty picky when it comes to my phones applications and especially the roms.
Old 05-04-2008, 01:24 AM

OMJ rom.. does that include the rev a and gps as well..
Old 05-04-2008, 01:26 AM

OMJ rom.. does that include the rev a and gps as well..
yes it does or i wouldnt mention it. my boy Old Man Jenkins cooked it up. you can find here but in the future try a search to familiarize yourself with the board.

https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/sho...d.php?t=159037
Old 05-04-2008, 01:29 AM

Sorry .. thanks for the help
Old 05-04-2008, 01:39 AM

Sorry .. thanks for the help
no problem bro just be sure to hit the thanks button
Old 05-04-2008, 03:29 PM

View PeekHoles's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View PeekHoles's Photo Album Add PeekHoles's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Thank works perfect but like someone else said it does not have USA cities it only has Canada cities. I like the rom anyone know what I need to do to get all cities?

Old 05-04-2008, 03:42 PM

“ Originally Posted by PeekHoles View Post

Thank works perfect but like someone else said it does not have USA cities it only has Canada cities. I like the rom anyone know what I need to do to get all cities?
didnt mess with it much to see it and all..... but you can try the OMJ rom i use that on my touch and love it. and the US cities work fine.
Old 05-07-2008, 05:17 AM
Mobile Model: SPRINT HTC TOUCH

View HIGHDEF360's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View HIGHDEF360's Photo Album Add HIGHDEF360's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Ok Not Sure If I Did This Right...........

So I Followed All Steps Up To Step 8

Ok Now I Downloaded The Ruu And Then I Downloaded The Mega Rom V3 But After It Downloads It Ask Me To Extract I Do That Then Cant Find The File......what Do I Do
Old 05-07-2008, 11:01 PM

“ Originally Posted by HIGHDEF360 View Post

Ok Not Sure If I Did This Right...........

So I Followed All Steps Up To Step 8

Ok Now I Downloaded The Ruu And Then I Downloaded The Mega Rom V3 But After It Downloads It Ask Me To Extract I Do That Then Cant Find The File......what Do I Do
bro extract to desktop than follow the steps in the flashing tutorial in my link.
Old 05-08-2008, 02:28 PM
Mobile Model: Sprint Touch

View dskrtnsanity's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View dskrtnsanity's Photo Album Add dskrtnsanity's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

im using the mega rom everything worked smoothly.. GPS running with tomtom and revA is amazing! i hooked my touch up to phone as modem.. practically cant tell the difference between my cable internet and the revA.. i am very surprised!

Old 05-08-2008, 03:22 PM
Mobile Model: 700 wx

View derrallp's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View derrallp's Photo Album Add derrallp's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I cant get it working!! please help:
Old 05-08-2008, 03:29 PM
Mobile Carrier: Bell

Thanked 1,491 Times in 532 Posts

View raybond25's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View raybond25's Photo Album Add raybond25's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

you will have to be a bit more specific because other than special cases all anyone can do without seeing it is tell you to follow the steps
Old 05-08-2008, 03:38 PM

“ Originally Posted by derrallp View Post

I cant get it working!! please help:
look in my signature it will tell you how to flash and also look at the instructions in the first psot and follow those.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:21 AM

View HIGHDEF360's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View HIGHDEF360's Photo Album Add HIGHDEF360's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

it wont let me extract to desktop or anywhere for that matter....diagnostic window keeps popping up and says can not open file......is there any way else
Old 05-09-2008, 10:21 AM

how do you know if you have 6.1 rev a.....my phone looks different...but it dosnt say 6.1 rev a anywhere...i thought maybe on start up....o and i downloaded the mustan tech clean rom........thats 6.1 rev a right......at first i did not have internet......but i checked the box telus....so i take it my internet goes through telus...what is telus?
Old 05-09-2008, 11:40 AM

how do you know if you have 6.1 rev a.....my phone looks different...but it dosnt say 6.1 rev a anywhere...i thought maybe on start up....o and i downloaded the mustan tech clean rom........thats 6.1 rev a right......at first i did not have internet......but i checked the box telus....so i take it my internet goes through telus...what is telus?
its a service provider..... and also the splash screen will be green and say WM 6.1 and the speed difference you should be able to tell.... you will have threaded sms........ and rev a to see as discussed many times so SEARCH in the future dial ##778# and than go to view and see what it says under rev a
Old 05-09-2008, 01:07 PM
Mobile Model: xv6850
Mobile Carrier: vzw aka da network
Mobile OS: 6.1

View willmatic08's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View willmatic08's Photo Album Add willmatic08's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

rom is pretty stable the only issue i found so far is at the top of the screen theres kind of a rainbow line which i think is like da battery life or something cause when my phone is charged the line becomes the length of da screen and when batt low u only see a lil portion.
Old 05-09-2008, 08:06 PM

if i just flash my phone to alltel is that rev a and gps???????????????? this is what i did below.....i did not do the 6.1 rom just alltel.....

1. Download ImCoKeMaN's new v2.31 Vogue Unlocker: ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com//Vogue/Users/I...r_MFG_2.31.exe

2. Make sure your device is connected to ActiveSync or Windows Mobile Device Center, whichever you have.

3. Run Vogue_unlocker_MFG_2.31.exe and follow the on screen instructions. It is VERY easy to do this wrong so MAKE SURE YOU READ ALL ON SCREEN INSTRUCTIONS during the process of unlocking your device. Your phone will display SPL 2.00.coke at first but will then change to 2.31.coke as you progress through the process.

4. Allow your phone to boot up completely into OS once the unlocker process is done. Hold the power and camera button and insert your stylus into the soft-reset hole next to the mini-usb port on the bottom of your phone. It should display an SPL of 2.31.coke.

IF YOUR DEVICE DISPLAYS THE 2.31.coke SPL THEN CONTINUE TO STEP 5. IF NOT, REPEAT STEPS 3&4 UNTIL IT DOES.

5. Reboot your phone so that it is back in OS and you are able to use the phone and connect to ActiveSync/WMDC.

6. Download and run: Modded Alltel Rom: http://216.139.227.226/alltel/RUU_Vo...SpecialNBH.exe

and follow the on screen instructions. It is much the same as any RUU you may have used before. The update will appear to have crashed at 11%. Do NOT be alarmed as this is normal.

For All Non-Alltel users once you finish aligning the screen and setting the date and time it will say "Tap the screen to continue". As soon as you do this it will immediately display a message that says "Customization will begin in 3 seconds. Press OK to continue." SOFT RESET NOW!!! Do NOT allow carrier customization to run. Soft reset during that 3 seconds.

8. At this point your phone should be booting back up.You will still be able to make and receive calls. At this time, test your internet and see if it works.
Old 05-09-2008, 08:40 PM

if i just flash my phone to alltel is that rev a and gps???????????????? this is what i did below.....i did not do the 6.1 rom just alltel.....

no the alltel is just rev a
Old 05-09-2008, 10:22 PM

and it is gps right? rev a and gps right
Old 05-09-2008, 11:07 PM

and it is gps right? rev a and gps right
yes read the title and the description it says that right there.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:16 PM

ok so is there a sms chat for the alltel rom? because my vito does not work with it....not even the new sms chat that came ystrdy....all i want is a palm like threaded sms....i tried the palm one and keyboard coverd writing text...same as the extreme text did the same thing,,,,,,is there a 6.1 that will work for the touch without the keyboard covering the screen...i really want one and searched all last night could nt find any tht wouldnt have the keyboard cover when your typing
Old 05-09-2008, 11:48 PM

ok so is there a sms chat for the alltel rom? because my vito does not work with it....not even the new sms chat that came ystrdy....all i want is a palm like threaded sms....i tried the palm one and keyboard coverd writing text...same as the extreme text did the same thing,,,,,,is there a 6.1 that will work for the touch without the keyboard covering the screen...i really want one and searched all last night could nt find any tht wouldnt have the keyboard cover when your typing
codys threaded or go to WM 6.1
Old 05-11-2008, 07:59 PM
Mobile Model: Touch

View geckojohn's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View geckojohn's Photo Album Add geckojohn's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Which is better, the Mustan Rom or the OMJ's brew?
Old 05-11-2008, 08:15 PM

“ Originally Posted by geckojohn View Post

personal preference but i like omj. and please keep this on topic of this rom and not a comparison. if you want the thoughts on a comparison make a new thread in the free talk area.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:05 AM
The VenumX Factor
Mobile Model: HTC Touch PRO

Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,192 Posts

View VenumX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View VenumX's Photo Album Add VenumX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by geckojohn View Post

I really like mustan a lot better just because I have modified it to the point where there are no more glitches ever. I now have the HTC Album working, and the XT9 for the vista keyboard works great also installed a few helpful apps. Ask any questions you want.

Old 05-17-2008, 01:58 AM
Mobile Model: touch pro
Mobile Carrier: sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

View bowser001's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View bowser001's Photo Album Add bowser001's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

when i flashed my rom i had the same problem.you can either go to settings/connections and add a new modem naming it sprint.have it connecting using cellular line #777 this will work,OR install a cab file that has all the carriers customizations such as alltell,verizon etc.pm me with your email and i'll send you the cab for the sprint customizations.however the customizations are for the mogul but you will b able to connect to the internet just the same as before.you can find sprint tv cab at spj
Old 05-20-2008, 06:14 PM
Mobile Model: Q

View bigrednewt's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View bigrednewt's Photo Album Add bigrednewt's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I did the upgrade, and I keep getting searching... no calls can be made or received. Please help.
Old 05-20-2008, 06:55 PM

View BiG JeW's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BiG JeW's Photo Album Add BiG JeW's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by bigrednewt View Post

I did the upgrade, and I keep getting searching... no calls can be made or received. Please help.
Fif you follow the necessary steps in the orders they were told from the first original post?

Old 05-20-2008, 07:03 PM

View bigrednewt's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View bigrednewt's Photo Album Add bigrednewt's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I followed everything that came up. I even rechecked because I thought I may have done something wrong. Am I just not catching something?
Old 05-20-2008, 07:05 PM

“ Originally Posted by bigrednewt View Post

I followed everything that came up. I even rechecked because I thought I may have done something wrong. Am I just not catching something?
umm are you getting a error message when you dial out... please be more specific..

Old 05-20-2008, 07:15 PM

it appears that it is not registering with the network (verizon). When I call, it says call lost - signal faded.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
gps, mustantech, rev, wm61