sprint touch revA phone as modem

General Questions

Post New ThreadReply

Old 05-08-2008, 02:32 PM
dskrtnsanity dskrtnsanity is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: Sprint Touch

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View dskrtnsanity's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View dskrtnsanity's Photo Album Add dskrtnsanity's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
sprint touch revA phone as modem

heres what i did. i hooked up my phone as modem to my PC via USB. i then shared out internet from my phone. then ran a cat5 cable from the ethernet on the pc to a router.. i then bridged the phone as modem with the LAN (cat5) line. hooked up 2 laptops wireless, 2 PCs and 2 xbox 360 on xbox live via cat5 to the router.. and had amazingly worked great with no lag!

just letting you kno how powerful this phone is.. i am loving it!

Old 05-08-2008, 02:33 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch
Mobile Carrier: Bell

Thanked 1,491 Times in 532 Posts

View raybond25's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View raybond25's Photo Album Add raybond25's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: sprint touch revA phone as modem

i'm happy that this all worked out for you because i've seen loads of ppl mess up when flashing the gps rom and are gettin' all skeptical
Old 05-08-2008, 02:54 PM
Mobile Model: Sprint Mogul

View Mandingo's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mandingo's Photo Album Add Mandingo's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

yeah i was wondering about the USB capabilities of the phone as a modem, i haven't tested that part out yet. Glad to see the USB part works thanks for the info. WOnder what happen when sprint see all that damn DATA clocking in at an incredible rate...lol

Old 05-08-2008, 03:42 PM
ADMIN-Watch what you say!
Mobile Model: Touch PRO2, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: On the NOW Network
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 6,030 Times in 1,977 Posts

View BiG JeW's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BiG JeW's Photo Album Add BiG JeW's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by Mandingo View Post

yeah i was wondering about the USB capabilities of the phone as a modem, i haven't tested that part out yet. Glad to see the USB part works thanks for the info. WOnder what happen when sprint see all that damn DATA clocking in at an incredible rate...lol
Yes the phone as modem works great via usb.... the only thing is you will have to block peopel from calling you when you have the phone as a modem... Everytime the phone rings or you answer it... the internet connection would drop for a sec.... be yes the phone does work as a modem via usb and amazing on how powerful this phone really is!

Old 05-09-2008, 11:23 PM
dskrtnsanity dskrtnsanity is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: Sprint Touch

View dskrtnsanity's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View dskrtnsanity's Photo Album Add dskrtnsanity's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

thats fine for me... b/c nobody has that number anywaz lol.. i hav it just b/c.. i use it just for playing games and watchin movies really lol. i hav another phone for calls..

Old 10-21-2008, 09:23 PM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

View kbshowtyme's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View kbshowtyme's Photo Album Add kbshowtyme's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Exactly how do you use the Touch as a router do you configure internet sharing or something in the setting because I can't figure it out. Can someone please help
Old 10-21-2008, 09:45 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by kbshowtyme View Post

Exactly how do you use the Touch as a router do you configure internet sharing or something in the setting because I can't figure it out. Can someone please help
you cant make it a router since it doesnt have wifi built in.... but you can tether and use it as a modem with a nice reliable always there program called pdanet 2.0
Old 11-19-2008, 11:25 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch 6800
Mobile Carrier: Alltel

View Bonzmeister's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Bonzmeister's Photo Album Add Bonzmeister's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

you cant make it a router since it doesnt have wifi built in.... but you can tether and use it as a modem with a nice reliable always there program called pdanet 2.0
any link to where we can find a cracked version of this? and how to use it?
Old 11-19-2008, 11:32 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by Bonzmeister View Post

any link to where we can find a cracked version of this? and how to use it?
please do a search (in green below the banner for the program mentioned (2 posts above) (pdanet) than you will find what you are looking for easily.
Old 11-19-2008, 11:44 PM

View Bonzmeister's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Bonzmeister's Photo Album Add Bonzmeister's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

yea i searched for pdanet 2.0 in the search and nothing came up ill try again though. any chance this would work with a mac?
Old 11-19-2008, 11:58 PM

“ Originally Posted by Bonzmeister View Post

yea i searched for pdanet 2.0 in the search and nothing came up ill try again though. any chance this would work with a mac?
no that would not work on a mac and bro just do pdanet
Old 11-21-2008, 02:03 AM

ahhh yea i figured it wouldent work with mac, im looking for one that will work with the mac still =S if only things were made easier where mac and windows both used the same compatible file types haha oh shucks the search continues
Old 11-21-2008, 08:45 PM
Mobile Model: HTC TOUCH
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

View nolimitzr1's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View nolimitzr1's Photo Album Add nolimitzr1's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

No disrespect but already knew the ole 360 and mogul/tethering trick....how i update my 360 and multiplay when im on the road hope you have free data plan lol I know sprint messed up once took my vision plan away needless to say I had a 5 digit bill till it got corrected
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
modem, phone, reva, sprint, touch