HTC Touch Battery Life

HTC Touch Questions

Post New ThreadReply

Old 11-27-2007, 05:20 PM
KrutoyMuzhik KrutoyMuzhik is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: HTC Touch (Sprint)

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View KrutoyMuzhik's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View KrutoyMuzhik's Photo Album Add KrutoyMuzhik's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
HTC Touch Battery Life

Okay I like the phone and all but my battery sucks. I am sure there is a reason for this but my phone will only stay charged for about 5 hours and dies and im not even doing anything on it. It will also be very warm in my pocket which I find unusual. I have read that if activesync is running than this is the cause. But it seems activesync always runs and wehn i close it it will start back up in like 15-30 min later. How can i fix this? I have heard good things about this phone and battery but my is ridiculous. If anyone has any suggestions that would be great.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:20 PM
Tech-O-Shock
Mobile Model: Htc Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

View Tigerz's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Tigerz's Photo Album Add Tigerz's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: HTC Touch Battery Life

kk fisrt of my battery life suck aswell but ill give u some battery saving pointers:
1) try to keep no programs running in the backround
2) keep wifi(we dont have that!! yet!!) and blutooth off if u arent using them
3) keep the screen off when your not using the phone
4) now thi is what the guy at the cell store told me but i dont npw how much i believe it he said "always let your phone fully drain them charge it fully dont do half charge when your batt is a 50% cause it will shorten your batt life" now that sounds a little sketchy but logicly it seems like it might work

now u wanted to close active snc theres 2 ways 2 do that

1st go to comm maneger and turn itodd there

second go to settings then system then task maneger ans end it there

those are 2 way to close out of it if one dosent work do the other

p.s. the warm feeling in your pocket may not be the software that is on but a hardware cooling problem, if the prob persists call the manufaturer up and tell them to get u a new phone

Old 11-27-2007, 06:44 PM

View KrutoyMuzhik's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View KrutoyMuzhik's Photo Album Add KrutoyMuzhik's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Yah Ill try that. I hope its not a faulty hardware issue because this is a phone bought ebay so im SOL if its faulty hardware already, its brand new so i hope not. I heard the activesync being on all the time drains your battery quick and makes it hot, or as far as I have read from other users at least, hopefully thats all it is. Is there a way to make those programs not start up by default everytime you reboot your phone, its a MS phone so must have some kind of startup folder or something to change those settings around. Thanks for the tips though.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:20 PM
Tech-O-Shock

View Tigerz's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Tigerz's Photo Album Add Tigerz's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

yae my brother your right there is and heres how u get to it::

1) got to file explorer
2) my device
3) windows
4) look for the start up folder and double click it
5) delete the program in the startup folder that u dont want to start up on reboot (which in your case is activsync)

then try it out give it a reboot (if u want)

hit dat rep

The Following User Says Thank You to Tigerz For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2007, 09:26 PM

I got that man thanks found it...just now i gotta figure out why activesync keeps coming on automatically like every 15 minutes and i have to check my phone that often to close it....sucks shouldn't be like that. I think thats the thing that drains my battery so quick to. Well thanks for the help
Old 11-27-2007, 09:32 PM
Tech-O-Shock

glad to help u so far but i cant answer the last one since ive never heard of it comin on every 15 mins but do u think its hitten in your pocket do u lock your phone

Old 11-27-2007, 09:42 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i get great battery life on my touch. i can talk on it for 2 hours surf the web for 20 minutes and send around 100 texts a day and 12 hours later will still have 50% battery left. the problem isn't activesync since that runs at all times and deals with the the push email. their are many possibilities why the battery could be draining so quickly.
1. push email is set to check too often like every 15 minutes if your using any other than mail2web this applies.
2. bluetooth is on at all times which drains the batter quickly
3. you have apps running in the background
4. you dont hit the lock button before turning the screen off

and for the battery comment on not charging the phone unless under 50% doesnt apply for short term use, what he was meaning was that if you continually do it in the long run you will be shortening the battery life of the phones battery.

hope this helps and tell me how it goes since im not having any of the problems with my battery and all i can't say for sure but i hope this helps you since the touch is a great phone.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:01 PM

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

i get great battery life on my touch. i can talk on it for 2 hours surf the web for 20 minutes and send around 100 texts a day and 12 hours later will still have 50% battery left. the problem isn't activesync since that runs at all times and deals with the the push email. their are many possibilities why the battery could be draining so quickly.
1. push email is set to check too often like every 15 minutes if your using any other than mail2web this applies.
2. bluetooth is on at all times which drains the batter quickly
3. you have apps running in the background
4. you dont hit the lock button before turning the screen off

and for the battery comment on not charging the phone unless under 50% doesnt apply for short term use, what he was meaning was that if you continually do it in the long run you will be shortening the battery life of the phones battery.

hope this helps and tell me how it goes since im not having any of the problems with my battery and all i can't say for sure but i hope this helps you since the touch is a great phone.
1. I think i have mine like check every 1 hour
2. Bluetooth is set to off
3. no apps running in background i close them each time
4. i just push the top power button once to "lock" the phone.

Does pushing the top button not lock it? how do i properly lock the phone than? I dont know hopefully i dont have a crappy phone or battery because this thing sucks the battery dry quick. I had an iphone and i thought that had bad battery life than i get this. But i guess its not the norm so im trying to figure it out. Hopefully changing settings in activesync will help as i read on another forum it has for others. Thanks for all the help guys!
Old 11-27-2007, 10:18 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Does pushing the top button not lock it? how do i properly lock the phone than? I dont know hopefully i dont have a crappy phone or battery because this thing sucks the battery dry quick. I had an iphone and i thought that had bad battery life than i get this. But i guess its not the norm so im trying to figure it out. Hopefully changing settings in activesync will help as i read on another forum it has for others. Thanks for all the help guys![/QUOTE]

no it doesn't lock the phone which can cause a drain on the battery. to lock it go to start/settings/home/ than go to the second tab on the bottom and than add lock to your homescreen and click on that.....i don't think that you would have a faulty phone just getting used o the phone and the settings and how it runs. activesync isnt the problem so i would leave it the way it is and the reason that it pops up is to get your email and all since it is syncing with the phone.
Old 11-28-2007, 08:26 AM

Maybe i am missing something again but when i got on my phone to Start>Settings>Home ....there is no Home I just have Personal, System, and Connections. How do I find Home?

Thanks
Old 11-28-2007, 11:08 AM
Tech-O-Shock

got to start
setings
personal
lock

there u go bro

hit dat rep

once again its start/settings/personal/lock

Old 11-28-2007, 12:57 PM
Mobile Model: Sprint HTC Diamond
Mobile Carrier: SPRINT

View pizarroc1's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View pizarroc1's Photo Album Add pizarroc1's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

now i got a question now when ilock my phone will i still receive calls and texts or no.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:59 PM

yes you will no problem just locks the screen and buttons so they cant be accidently hit...... it will wake up when you receive a call, text, or email
Old 11-28-2007, 01:00 PM
Mobile Model: Sprint HTC Diamond
Mobile Carrier: SPRINT

View pizarroc1's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View pizarroc1's Photo Album Add pizarroc1's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

got it thanks dude appreciate it
Old 11-28-2007, 01:01 PM

no problem glad to help
Old 11-28-2007, 07:35 PM

Well I got good news my phone went all day long without even getting to 80% so tahts good, just used it for one call though but still much more improvement from yesterday and its not hot in my pocket. The only thing I did though was make it so activesync does not start up every 15 minutes and thats about it. But it worked for me so ill stick to that, started locking my phone also thanks all for the help.

I am liking the phone...just hope Android will be available soon much rather have that OS on there than WM but thats just me
Old 11-28-2007, 07:40 PM
Tech-O-Shock

nice dude im so glad i was able to help you

P.S. (wouldnt it be cool if u can duel run apache ans wm6 if we were able to partion them---- maybe)

Old 11-28-2007, 10:59 PM

cool glad to here that it worked for you lol.
Old 12-08-2007, 06:33 PM
Mobile Model: HTC HERO

View sevendoc's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View sevendoc's Photo Album Add sevendoc's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I use mine for work, make lots of calls and email certain important items throughout the day for my business and like Dash's I still have plenty of % to make that last "evening plans call" !!! I found if I go to settings, system, memory
I just hit running programs and stop all, then lock and turn off... Great Phone and loving all the new add-ons...
Old 12-08-2007, 06:39 PM

yea bro but if you use quick menu you can choose what ones you want running at all times which is nice and all and close out of the ones you dont all quickly and easily from the strat menu!!!
Old 12-08-2007, 07:19 PM
Mobile Model: HTC HERO

View sevendoc's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View sevendoc's Photo Album Add sevendoc's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Just wanted to share my battery experience. I'm still "learning" all the cool ways to make this phone the best user friendly device which a lot of us share in our daily lives. Thanks Bro
Old 12-08-2007, 07:37 PM

yeah for sure by people posting in this thread we can figure out what drains the battery the fastest and than fix those problems so we all can improve are experience with the phone and get better battery life out of our vogue.
Old 12-08-2007, 09:29 PM
The VenumX Factor
Mobile Model: HTC Touch PRO

Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,192 Posts

View VenumX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View VenumX's Photo Album Add VenumX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i actually disabled the GPS mode on the touch in phone settings go to Services tab select location setting then get settings then click off...this increased my battery life for some reason

Old 12-08-2007, 11:30 PM
Tech-O-Shock

im gunna try that thx venum

Old 12-09-2007, 01:47 PM
Mobile Model: Sprint HTC Touch

View jjohn999's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jjohn999's Photo Album Add jjohn999's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

how do i delete the fake server i set up to get into the options menu under the active sync settings. i cant get active sync to work again because its still trying to connect under the fake server
Old 12-09-2007, 04:57 PM

“ Originally Posted by jjohn999 View Post

how do i delete the fake server i set up to get into the options menu under the active sync settings. i cant get active sync to work again because its still trying to connect under the fake server
lol why would you make a fake server??? all you have to do is go to your email tab on your phones main page. than scroll down using the dpad until you highlight that one that you want to delete. once highlighted go to the menu in the bottome right corner and choose delete. PS: i answered this post since im in a good mood and also because it is on the borderline of being on topic for this thread. in the futute since this is a battery life thread and your talking activesync could you please male a new thread.
Old 12-30-2008, 01:42 AM
Mobile Model: htc touch pro CDMA
Mobile Carrier: sprint

View sec1rxg's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View sec1rxg's Photo Album Add sec1rxg's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I've tried setting the Device Lock, but it wont take the setting with TFL running, TFL must be unchecked in the items list in order for the Device Lock to work. Is there another way?
Old 12-30-2008, 01:56 AM

“ Originally Posted by sec1rxg View Post

I've tried setting the Device Lock, but it wont take the setting with TFL running, TFL must be unchecked in the items list in order for the Device Lock to work. Is there another way?
yes throttle lock, s2u2, etc...... use the built in search feature to the right of the banner and type those names in and you will find the applications and skins :>
Old 12-31-2008, 01:25 PM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro, Vogue

View dette's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View dette's Photo Album Add dette's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Idk but I can usually get 2 days out of my Vogue... How.. I am not sure.. I dont use a whole lot of data and when Im not using it obviously my battery does die very much.
I keep my backlight all the way down
I use the power management tweaks
GPS Is a killer on battery life..

The Following User Says Thank You to dette For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2009, 04:56 AM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch GSM
Mobile Carrier: Smart

View ZXT's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ZXT's Photo Album Add ZXT's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

My 5 month old touch will last 3 to 4 days with minimal use. Normal use will be 1.5 days to 2 days. Wifi on all the time will only last 6 to 8 hours I think. So I turn the wifi if I don't need it, same thing with bluetooth, I guess I can live with that.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:59 AM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro Chrome

View drdrewdown's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View drdrewdown's Photo Album Add drdrewdown's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

hey guys i luv my phone after this mod. 60% after a days usage.

https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/sho...d.php?t=178142

Old 01-16-2009, 02:28 PM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro, Vogue

View dette's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View dette's Photo Album Add dette's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by drdrewdown View Post

hey guys i luv my phone after this mod. 60% after a days usage.

https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/sho...d.php?t=178142
I usually get that without an extended battery on my 2.4 beta 1 ROM.. Idk how! But I do! Its really awesome...

Post New ThreadReply

Tags
battery, htc, life, touch