WM And PPC Applications

Post New ThreadReply

Old 04-28-2008, 07:36 PM
Mobile Model: HTC HERO
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View sevendoc's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View sevendoc's Photo Album Add sevendoc's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: REV A And GPS For The Touch

VenumX ...plz let us know what you think either way...AS you too have the touch and want to hear further on how your installation goes...
Old 04-28-2008, 08:19 PM
Mobile Model: Sprint Touch

View DUNKonDUNKS's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View DUNKonDUNKS's Photo Album Add DUNKonDUNKS's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Oh man...so with a custom rom its like doing a hard reset right? Man I just got this phone replaced and I just added everything to my phone and got it back to the way I had the Touch before this one... :-(
Old 04-28-2008, 09:47 PM
The VenumX Factor
Mobile Model: HTC Touch PRO
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,192 Posts

View VenumX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View VenumX's Photo Album Add VenumX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

everything installed great, seems to work fine runs pretty fast, no lockups, has threaded SMS and rev a with noticeable internet speed increases. A few issues i have with it are when i finished the install the keyboards were non-existant so i had to install a new keyboard in order to use the thing, there is no task manager x button right away, everything was completely fixable. I am still trying to get GPS to work on the phone i think it is acting weird cause i have a version of tomtom on my sd card so im going to try windows live search and ill get back to you guys

Old 04-29-2008, 12:49 AM
ADMIN-Watch what you say!
Mobile Model: Touch PRO2, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: On the NOW Network

Thanked 6,030 Times in 1,977 Posts

View BiG JeW's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BiG JeW's Photo Album Add BiG JeW's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

OK I believe VENUMX did in deed confirm that REV A and GPS are working! VenumX ca you confirm please.... Thank you!

Old 04-29-2008, 11:30 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch

View rootdwn1's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View rootdwn1's Photo Album Add rootdwn1's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

The links to the unlocking files and the GPS files do not work can you reup please?
Old 04-29-2008, 11:39 PM
iamdasht19 iamdasht19 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by rootdwn1 View Post

The links to the unlocking files and the GPS files do not work can you reup please?
read the thread and also look at the first post theres a link at the very end.
Old 04-30-2008, 12:01 AM
The VenumX Factor
Mobile Model: HTC Touch PRO

Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,192 Posts

View VenumX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View VenumX's Photo Album Add VenumX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

yes rev a and GPS are both working once you install this rom and use the GPS cab/cbf files. I installed SprintTV on the touch after the upgrade and the old task manager in the upper right from the OEM rom and the keyboards i reinstalled so now it is in very good shape and looking better than ever while also increasing its uses.

Old 04-30-2008, 12:58 AM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro

View kbshowtyme's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View kbshowtyme's Photo Album Add kbshowtyme's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

It worked for me too after a couple of tries but the internet is really fast.....I haven't played much with the GPS.....Im waiting for some sort of cube customizer because I tried Icube and Pearl and neither worked well. But all in all Im keeping this on my Touch till Sprint put out one.
Old 04-30-2008, 01:03 AM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro

View moocow23's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View moocow23's Photo Album Add moocow23's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i can also confirm that the gps and the rev a are both working on my touch using the mustan rom. good stuff
Old 04-30-2008, 02:14 PM
Mobile Model: HTC TOUCH

View FFrncs2's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View FFrncs2's Photo Album Add FFrncs2's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i have a problem, i flashed my phone from the wm 6.1 rom thats stickyd for the touch to this rom and i used ImCokeMan's 2.31 Unlocker. everything went fine but i didnt really care for this rom so i flashed it back to wm 6.1. now when i turn on my phone its stuck at the htc smart mobility logo. it wont boot up to the homescreen and i cant sync my phone, even on the multi color screen.
Old 04-30-2008, 02:25 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by FFrncs2 View Post

i have a problem, i flashed my phone from the wm 6.1 rom thats stickyd for the touch to this rom and i used ImCokeMan's 2.31 Unlocker. everything went fine but i didnt really care for this rom so i flashed it back to wm 6.1. now when i turn on my phone its stuck at the htc smart mobility logo. it wont boot up to the homescreen and i cant sync my phone, even on the multi color screen.
im sorry but do you even read anything on the site or search for the information. i could pull up over 200 threads about this. you can sync you are in bootloader. it will say serial on the bottom of that screen and when you connect to activesync it will say usb and you will be connected even though it doesnt show on your pc. and the reason that you are stuck on the screen is because you are missing the radio. flash back to the stock sprint rom and than flash back to WM 6.1 if you would like.
Old 04-30-2008, 02:28 PM

View BiG JeW's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BiG JeW's Photo Album Add BiG JeW's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

im sorry but do you even read anything on the site or search for the information. i could pull up over 200 threads about this. you can sync you are in bootloader. it will say serial on the bottom of that screen and when you connect to activesync it will say usb and you will be connected even though it doesnt show on your pc. and the reason that you are stuck on the screen is because you are missing the radio. flash back to the stock sprint rom and than flash back to WM 6.1 if you would like.
LMAO ... Sorry but i just skipped over the thread.... I didnt even respond. I am surprised you did in such a nice manner! LOL.... Thanks DasH! .... Runnin outta patientce!

Old 04-30-2008, 02:42 PM

View FFrncs2's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View FFrncs2's Photo Album Add FFrncs2's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

oh ok thanks dash, im suprised that nobody got mad at me this time for posting lol. but anyways, thanks for the info. i didnt know that my phone connects within the bootloader even though it doesnt show that it is on the computer.
Old 04-30-2008, 03:00 PM

oh ok thanks dash, im suprised that nobody got mad at me this time for posting lol. but anyways, thanks for the info. i didnt know that my phone connects within the bootloader even though it doesnt show that it is on the computer.
Yes it does it states that in Dash's SIG under " Want to learn how to FlasH! PLease read before posting.... When we say that, we aren't yelling, we are simply informing you! As that is our goal and you as the member signed in agreement to read before posting... Thanks!

Old 04-30-2008, 06:50 PM

ok i reflashed my phone with the REV A And GPS rom but it wont let me go back to the stock rom because the titan relocker isnt working. the phones screen turns white and then its giving me an error on the pc. is that the right relocker for the touch?
Old 04-30-2008, 06:55 PM

ok i reflashed my phone with the REV A And GPS rom but it wont let me go back to the stock rom because the titan relocker isnt working. the phones screen turns white and then its giving me an error on the pc. is that the right relocker for the touch?
the relocker runs fine...... all you do is run it on your computer like the hardspl unlocker and than follow the steps and you will be fine.

1. whats the error that you are getting?
2. are you working from the home screen and not from the bootloader?
3. are you connected to activesync?
4. is your battery over 50% charged?

we need info to be able to help you cant be vague here.
Old 04-30-2008, 07:09 PM

im running it from the homescreen, im connected to activesync and the battery is full.

at the part that says
"####
Your device should now be in 3 color screen showing the ReLocK bootloader
####
####
You must now disconnect and reconnect the device from your PC
Do not make any other changes at this time, but don't skip this part.
####
####
*** Repeat: You MUST disconnect and reconnect the device at this time
####
Press any key to continue . . ."

the phones screen turns fully white and i disconnect and reconnect it then press any key to continue. after that it starts to flash but then gives me an error that says "error (224) : INVALID MODEL ID"
Old 04-30-2008, 07:17 PM

im running it from the homescreen, im connected to activesync and the battery is full.

at the part that says
"####
Your device should now be in 3 color screen showing the ReLocK bootloader
####
####
You must now disconnect and reconnect the device from your PC
Do not make any other changes at this time, but don't skip this part.
####
####
*** Repeat: You MUST disconnect and reconnect the device at this time
####
Press any key to continue . . ."

the phones screen turns fully white and i disconnect and reconnect it then press any key to continue. after that it starts to flash but then gives me an error that says "error (224) : INVALID MODEL ID"
well yeah i just looked at the thread title and the relocker is for the mogul only and one is not needed on the touch. so jsut flash away..... .you need to unlock only once and done.
Old 04-30-2008, 07:31 PM

i just tried flashing the sprint stock rom back on my touch and it goes to the bootloader and says VOGU100 MFG SPL-2.31.CoKe CPLD-3 on the top left corner then gave me an error on the pc that says "ERROR (328): INVALID COMMAND. then the phone restarts.
Old 04-30-2008, 07:42 PM

i just tried flashing the sprint stock rom back on my touch and it goes to the bootloader and says VOGU100 MFG SPL-2.31.CoKe CPLD-3 on the top left corner then gave me an error on the pc that says "ERROR (328): INVALID COMMAND. then the phone restarts.
try to hard reset before you do it.
Old 04-30-2008, 07:46 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch 6900

View mikey227's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View mikey227's Photo Album Add mikey227's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

This does work. I have been using this for a couple of days now with no problem. To go back to the stock sprint rom, you need to download cokeman's .40 bootloader. I can verify that this works because I had to do this. The GPS works great. I got a speed of 938KBs from my phone. That is REV A
Old 04-30-2008, 07:47 PM

it did the same thing after i did a hard reset
Old 04-30-2008, 07:49 PM

ok thats probobly the problem i need to get cokeman's .40 bootloader
Old 04-30-2008, 08:12 PM

thanks for your help guys, i got it back to where i wanted.
Old 04-30-2008, 08:22 PM

you are welcome dude, glad it worked for ya!

Old 05-02-2008, 04:07 PM

“ Originally Posted by matrixmain78 View Post

Go to ebay and get a bluetooth GPS receiver, starts around $30.00 that will work untill we can find another way to get gps on your phone!
look through the thread why waste the money when there is now a custom rom that comes with the gps and all installed!!!! so just flash to that
Old 05-02-2008, 04:14 PM

Go to ebay and get a bluetooth GPS receiver, starts around $30.00 that will work untill we can find another way to get gps on your phone!
LMAO!! The point of this thread and the ROM itself is that you can get REV A with GPS built in... Thats what this ROM does. No need to purchase additional hardware!

Old 05-02-2008, 09:55 PM

View bkpatel7's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View bkpatel7's Photo Album Add bkpatel7's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Hey Guys,

First off, thanks for everyone here who provided this and the support along with it. I've been here a while, but haven't posted, but browse everyday. Thought I'd change that and become more active here since it's a great site.

Anyway, I got this working and just had a few questions. At first, I let it connect to the satellites and I was connected to about 7 of them through GoogleMaps, and Garmin Mobile XT was giving me great signal (which I matched with my Garmin Nuvi). So, GPS does work, however, that night, closed the apps, charged the phone, and in the morning, sitting in my car in the driveway, I could not connect to GPS through GM. And didn't bother Garmin, cuz I use GM as a "prime" for Garmin. So I couldn't connect at all and this happens very often with me. I would be 1/2 way to school and then it would finally connect and with that, I would sometimes soft-reset then it would connect. At school, I wouldn't be able to connect at all in the parking lot. So, connecting to GPS is unreliable for me and random at that. Any way to fix this so it's reliable everytime I need GPS to work?

Sorry for the long post, but is there something I missed or did wrong in the installation that causes this or does it have to do with my location (Suburbs of Chicago and downtown Chicago)? I mean, I know that it should connect since I put my Garmin Nuvi 360 next to it and that connects to pretty much 10+ satellites, so location shouldn't be a problem.

EDIT : Anyone have an idea, or are experiencing this same problem? Takes time for it connect, or somtimes not at all. And yes, I have a Sprint CDMA Touch, not a GSM.
Old 05-02-2008, 10:33 PM

View Hockeyfan05's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Hockeyfan05's Photo Album Add Hockeyfan05's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

A note to everyone, and Dash i think you should post this in your first post....that is that this ONLY works for CDMA phones....dont waste your time if you have a SIM CARD!
Old 05-03-2008, 09:17 PM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint Speed

View matrixmain78's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View matrixmain78's Photo Album Add matrixmain78's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Hey! I did flash the Rom, but when the customizer said will start in 3 seconds, I'd forgot to soft reset, and I dont have Internet, Can someone help me to fix It!, Thanks in advance, and I was whrong before! Now I know that if this ROM upgrade can work in my phone, I dont need to buy any hardware! thanks for all your patience!
It Works!!! Thanks, Amazing!!!
Old 05-03-2008, 09:26 PM

Hey! I did flash the Rom, but when the customizer said will start in 3 seconds, I'd forgot to soft reset, and I dont have Internet, Can someone help me to fix It!, Thanks in advance, and I was whrong before! Now I know that if this ROM upgrade can work in my phone, I dont need to buy any hardware! thanks for all your patience!
just do a hard reset and it will go through the steps again.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:43 PM

View bkpatel7's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View bkpatel7's Photo Album Add bkpatel7's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

For anyone having trouble with long GPS Fix times, I came across some possible fixes on PPCGeeks.com; Like with everything else, this may or may not work for you. I take no credit for these fixes/tweaks.

1. Enabling aGPS Mode - Registry Tweak

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...=agps+registry

2. Another Registry Key addition - Supposedly works by doing something with the IP's; Some sort of difference in the HTC and Moto Q9 Registries. However, some have success, others didn't. Personally, felt like I did, or it could have just been from enabling aGPS mode.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ght=gpstest2.1

3. This is for anyone who uses Garmin Mobile XT, sometimes you need to 'prime' the GPS drivers, a today-plugin called GPSToday (v0.95) works well to enable the drivers and I have been getting great results with this program.

http://www.geoterrestrial.com/

These are just some fixes/tweaks, may or may not work for you, or I couldn't really tell you how well each individually work, but I have all three and seems to be working a lot better than what it was.

Note: D/\SH, or any of the site mod's, make any necessary changes or delete if necessary, first-time poster so don't know what's good or not.
Old 05-07-2008, 02:09 AM
Huh What
Mobile Model: Touch, Diamond, Pro

View Shenanigans's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Shenanigans's Photo Album Add Shenanigans's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

of course I have to find this at midnight and don't have time to flash a new rom lol. Can't wait till tomorrow after work so I can flash the rom and play around with it. Finally REV A for the touch.
Old 05-07-2008, 02:14 AM

“ Originally Posted by Shenanigans View Post

of course I have to find this at midnight and don't have time to flash a new rom lol. Can't wait till tomorrow after work so I can flash the rom and play around with it. Finally REV A for the touch.
besure to check out other ROMS for the touch i belive there is a better ROM for the touch.. You can look under ROM (not Supported) section forum.. Look for the thread with the latest DATE POSTED!!! i couldnt tell you the name as I am a MOGUL user!

Old 05-07-2008, 11:06 PM

“ Originally Posted by BiG JeW View Post

besure to check out other ROMS for the touch i belive there is a better ROM for the touch.. You can look under ROM (not Supported) section forum.. Look for the thread with the latest DATE POSTED!!! i couldnt tell you the name as I am a MOGUL user!
actually it is rom supported jew lol
Old 05-13-2008, 12:46 AM
Mobile Model: HTC touch

View heroflight's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View heroflight's Photo Album Add heroflight's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

hey dash all of the links don't work except for :ImCokeMan's 2.31 Unlocker: http://www.mediafire.com/?dnmmthzm9ng
Old 05-13-2008, 12:48 AM

“ Originally Posted by heroflight View Post

hey dash all of the links don't work except for :ImCokeMan's 2.31 Unlocker: http://www.mediafire.com/?dnmmthzm9ng
did you read the bottom of the first posdt i linked you tothe thread where these were found!!!!!! read befroe posting!!! and why do this when there aew custom roms out of rhtis now????????? might as well custom and WM 6.1
Old 05-13-2008, 01:21 AM
Worlds BEST site spj.com
Mobile Model: Vogue WinMo 6.5
Mobile Carrier: Sprint WinMo 6.5

Thanked 1,070 Times in 269 Posts

View thermus's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View thermus's Photo Album Add thermus's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Stuck at loading screen that says ppcgeeks and ppckitchen.org present

Old 05-13-2008, 01:42 AM

“ Originally Posted by thermus View Post

Stuck at loading screen that says ppcgeeks and ppckitchen.org present
thats because you didnt flash the alltel radio first you hasve to get the alltel radio ansd flash that now since you didnt do it before hand.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:43 AM
Worlds BEST site spj.com

View thermus's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View thermus's Photo Album Add thermus's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

thats because you didnt flash the alltel radio first you hasve to get the alltel radio ansd flash that now since you didnt do it before hand.
Ok I am downloading it now. Once i do that I should be good right???

Old 05-13-2008, 01:45 AM

Ok I am downloading it now. Once i do that I should be good right???
yessir should boot right up.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:48 AM
Worlds BEST site spj.com

yessir should boot right up.
Ok I will let you know what happens. I went by the sprint store today to upgrade line two on my account and I was telling them about my mods and stuff and the 2 guys working wanted to give me a job ROFLMAO. They said" You know so much. You should get a job here and teach us." LMAO

Old 05-13-2008, 01:57 AM

Ok I will let you know what happens. I went by the sprint store today to upgrade line two on my account and I was telling them about my mods and stuff and the 2 guys working wanted to give me a job ROFLMAO. They said" You know so much. You should get a job here and teach us." LMAO
lol i get that all the time but im notgonna take a job being a sales rep. i got offered a corporate job but am not moving to new hampshire to take it....... when one opens in michigan i got the job so hopefully that will happen soon!!!!!!!! i would be able to be here all day long and get paid for it since i could just tell them that i was doing research lol.
Old 05-13-2008, 02:00 AM
Worlds BEST site spj.com

lol i get that all the time but im notgonna take a job being a sales rep. i got offered a corporate job but am not moving to new hampshire to take it....... when one opens in michigan i got the job so hopefully that will happen soon!!!!!!!! i would be able to be here all day long and get paid for it since i could just tell them that i was doing research lol.
lmao nice

Old 05-13-2008, 02:12 AM
Worlds BEST site spj.com

do you have any recommendations for gps programs to test this rom

Old 05-13-2008, 02:15 AM

do you have any recommendations for gps programs to test this rom
bro jsut search.... google maps, garmin, tom tom, igo, etc etc
Old 05-13-2008, 02:17 AM
Worlds BEST site spj.com

bro jsut search.... google maps, garmin, tom tom, igo, etc etc
Ok I am done. Tried google maps just was not working so I thougt maybe I would get a suggestion for a different program. Thanks for the help. I am off t obed lol.

Old 05-13-2008, 02:23 AM

Ok I am done. Tried google maps just was not working so I thougt maybe I would get a suggestion for a different program. Thanks for the help. I am off t obed lol.
it takes up to 20 minutes to connect of rthe first time and must be outside in clear view of satellites.... you have to be patient the first time
Old 05-13-2008, 10:52 AM
Worlds BEST site spj.com

it takes up to 20 minutes to connect of rthe first time and must be outside in clear view of satellites.... you have to be patient the first time
Will do tonight. AND JUST TO LET YOU KNOW THIS ROM IS SUHHHHHHHH-WEEET!!!!! The only thing I dont like is the alltell boot screen. lol

Old 05-13-2008, 01:45 PM
Worlds BEST site spj.com

Ok so I am not sure if it's the rom or I have the settings messed up with Ultimate Launcher but the the htc home tab freezes the phone. aND IT'S AT RANDOM IS THE WIERD PART. SOMETIMES IT DOES SOMETIMES IT DON'T

Post New ThreadReply

Tags
gps, rev, touch