question about eris aka hero

HTC DROID ERIS

Post New ThreadReply

Old 11-12-2009, 10:52 PM
Lynnwood Lynnwood is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: Htc Droid Eris

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View Lynnwood's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Lynnwood's Photo Album Add Lynnwood's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
question about eris aka hero

does anyone know how to put a saved file as a text tone/ring tone?
Old 11-12-2009, 11:31 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: question about eris aka hero

“ Originally Posted by Lynnwood View Post

does anyone know how to put a saved file as a text tone/ring tone?
i will have to wait until i get mine in the mail tomorrow from cnet but there are many apps that deal with the ringtones in the android section... once you get to the 80 post rank you will have access to the android apps which are in the thousands when including games
Old 11-12-2009, 11:50 PM
OG Member
Mobile Model: Pixel 7 Pro
Mobile Carrier: Metro PCS
Mobile OS: Android

Thanked 10,859 Times in 2,859 Posts
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 152

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

or do it , the traditional way to what i did is in your sd card create a folder like" My Ringtone" and put your favorite ring-tone in that folder and in settings you can retrieve it from there.Also the same in notification.

Old 11-12-2009, 11:52 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by puertoblack2003 View Post

or do it , the traditional way to what i did is in your sd card create a folder like" My Ringtone" and put your favorite ring-tone in that folder and in settings you can retrieve it from there.Also the same in notification.
yuppers thanks pb i couldnt remember exact so didnt want to say it but i was right haha
Old 11-12-2009, 11:54 PM
OG Member

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

yuppers thanks pb i couldnt remember exact so didnt want to say it but i was right haha
oh bye the way make sure to format card first i had problems with the phone not recognizing the card till i formatted it..i had a noob moment .lol

Old 11-13-2009, 12:44 AM

oh bye the way make sure to format card first i had problems with the phone not recognizing the card till i formatted it..i had a noob moment .lol
word and the cool thing with the eris as you know our version of the hero is that i comes with a 16 gig card which is going to be bad ass.... do you happen to know if the hero root process is the same for the droid eris?
Old 11-13-2009, 01:09 AM
OG Member

word and the cool thing with the eris as you know our version of the hero is that i comes with a 16 gig card which is going to be bad ass.... do you happen to know if the hero root process is the same for the droid eris?

hmmm not sure.I haven't rooted mines yet...i guess you would think it'll be the same ..maybe venumx can shine in on this one

Old 11-13-2009, 01:10 AM

hmmm not sure.I haven't rooted mines yet...i guess you would think it'll be the same ..maybe venumx can shine in on this one
word cmon venum nad thansk pb and ignore the question in the pm hahaa
Old 11-13-2009, 01:11 AM
OG Member

word cmon venum nad thansk pb and ignore the question in the pm hahaa

lol..ok........................

Old 11-13-2009, 10:01 AM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 6,468 Times in 1,715 Posts

View Mike20PR's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mike20PR's Photo Album Add Mike20PR's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re question about eris aka hero

open the messages app, press menu, settings, set sound.... choose, and done

Old 11-13-2009, 03:46 PM

View Lynnwood's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Lynnwood's Photo Album Add Lynnwood's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

thank you kindly guys ill try this now. i did indeed download an app. but since droid eris is on cupcake 1.5. half the apps don't work for it. as 1.6 or 2.0 the app. but i fore see apps being made now just for 2.0.

--------- New Post Merged on 13/11/2009 at 0459 --------

“ Originally Posted by Mike20PR View Post

open the messages app, press menu, settings, set sound.... choose, and done
this didn't work just brought up default tones.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:02 PM
Mobile Model: HTC HERO
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

View sevendoc's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View sevendoc's Photo Album Add sevendoc's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Great...was looking for how to do that ...Duh! To Easy, guess I need to be on here more often...Thanks
Old 11-13-2009, 04:30 PM

i am trying to do this now. i did the whole folder thing. brought the mp3 file i had sent to my phone from a website. and it doesn't show up. hmmm.

-----
okay so i figured it out. i had to put the file in the already existing media folder/audio. and it worked that way. but the new folder ringtone did not work for me.

--------- New Post Merged on 13/11/2009 at 0627 --------

i am trying to do this now. i did the whole folder thing. brought the mp3 file i had sent to my phone from a website. and it doesn't show up. hmmm.

-----
okay so i figured it out. i had to put the file in the already existing media folder/audio. and it worked that way. but the new folder ringtone did not work for me.
correction upon moving it to that folder (the media folder) i can now choice the ring tone for text messages. but it doesn't play. it plays the default sound when i have my ringtone checked.
Old 11-13-2009, 07:31 PM

Re: Re question about eris aka hero

-----

--------- New Post Merged on 13/11/2009 at 0627 --------

correction upon moving it to that folder (the media folder) i can now choice the ring tone for text messages. but it doesn't play. it plays the default sound when i have my ringtone checked.
what format is the text messaging tone in? make sure it is the same format as the stock ones... i havent had a chance too boot mineup between work and letting it charge fully for the first time but bump this thread if that odesnt work and ill figure it out with you
Old 11-15-2009, 07:25 PM

Re Re question about eris aka hero

what format is the text messaging tone in? make sure it is the same format as the stock ones... i havent had a chance too boot mineup between work and letting it charge fully for the first time but bump this thread if that odesnt work and ill figure it out with you
so i was searching through the phone. couldn't find any default tones. but where i put the tone in the media. it already has the facebook im sound. which is in a .mov file. and my ringtone is in an mp3. youre help would be fantastic
Old 11-15-2009, 07:36 PM

Re: Re Re question about eris aka hero

so i was searching through the phone. couldn't find any default tones. but where i put the tone in the media. it already has the facebook im sound. which is in a .mov file. and my ringtone is in an mp3. youre help would be fantastic
than try to make your tone the same as a .mov file.
Old 11-18-2009, 03:39 PM

Re Re Re question about eris aka hero

than try to make your tone the same as a .mov file.
okay when i set the tone to notifications it only goes off for voicemails. that is what i've figured out so far. i will try changing it to .mov later this week and see what happens.
Old 11-18-2009, 05:18 PM

Re: Re Re Re question about eris aka hero

okay when i set the tone to notifications it only goes off for voicemails. that is what i've figured out so far. i will try changing it to .mov later this week and see what happens.
aight let us know if you would, i havent had the time to check and the stockers are good for me right now.... i like the simple and normal ones because face it, you odnt want a song, or unprofessional mms, sms, ringtone, voicemail tone etc going off at work or in a certain situation that could be emabarasing.
Old 12-13-2009, 05:15 AM

I changed it to a .mov it didn't work. but i have been having problems with the stock sms messenger. so i changed to handcent. and i can now actually change the notification sound.
Old 12-13-2009, 01:20 PM

I changed it to a .mov it didn't work. but i have been having problems with the stock sms messenger. so i changed to handcent. and i can now actually change the notification sound.
makes sense, i never used the stock text manager and used handcent right off the bat.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:17 PM
Mobile Model: Eris
Mobile Carrier: Verizon
Mobile OS: 5.0

View matty1023's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View matty1023's Photo Album Add matty1023's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Does anyone know how to set text tones?
Old 12-17-2009, 11:32 PM

“ Originally Posted by matty1023 View Post

Does anyone know how to set text tones?
there is no need to ask the same question in this thread and make another. we will get to you and help you wehn we get a chance, you have to remember that this is a busy time of the year and people do get behind.... heres the link to the thread that you made with the answer that you desired.

Code

https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/f559/help-194951/
Old 12-21-2009, 04:34 PM

makes sense, i never used the stock text manager and used handcent right off the bat.
haha i wish i woulda new this. i went and searched the hero form since its the same phone basically. just the hero already has 1.6

this phone is hands down titties. but htc needs to fix the battery and it would be a monster.
Old 12-21-2009, 05:09 PM

haha i wish i woulda new this. i went and searched the hero form since its the same phone basically. just the hero already has 1.6

this phone is hands down titties. but htc needs to fix the battery and it would be a monster.
that will come once rooted im sure and the battery issue is known on all versions of the hero. the customs that come once rooted will have some tweaks to get better battery life as well as smoother flow.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
aka, eris, hero, question