Post New ThreadReply

Old 04-30-2009, 10:46 AM
DenverDev DenverDev is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: XV-6800 (Flashed)
Mobile Carrier: Cricket
Mobile OS: 6.1

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View DenverDev's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View DenverDev's Photo Album Add DenverDev's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Basic Guide for Flashing Mogul to Cricket

Flashing 6800 to Cricket

I AM NO EXPERT IN FLASHING OR CRICKET. I HAVE DONE EXTENSIVE READING AND COMPILING INFORMATION FOR FLASHING THE 6800 TO CRICKET. I HAVE ATTEMPTED TO ENSURE THAT ALL THE LINKS ARE FOR MOGUL/6800. READ TO INSURE THAT I DID NOT COPY THE WRONG ADDRESS.

NEITHER I, NOR SPJ, IS RESPONSIBLE IN ANY WAY IF YOU BRICK YOUR DEVICE! ITS YOUR CHOICE TO FLASH YOUR PHONE!

FULL DISCLOSURE: This is intended only as a guide, not a “how to” manual. I, frankly, have not flashed my phone since getting it flashed by someone else (which is what got me interested in customizing and flashing). I love the current ROM on my phone (To0_v3 from HOFO) and, quite frankly, have not seen a reason to switch. When I can get my hands on the .nbh file for the ROM that I am currently using (so that I can return to it if I so choose), then I will do some experimenting with other ROMs. If/when I can get my hands on more devices to play with, I will certainly be flashing and testing out the other ROMs. READ FOR YOURSELF THE DESCRIPTIONS OF THE ROMS LINKED ABOVE AND MAKE YOUR OWN DECISION.

In advance I would like to take a moment to thank the people outlined below (D/\SH, ICEMAN, RyanMogul, PDAJunkie, GaMedic, PPCGeeks, Howard Forums and xda-developers. Without them, I would not be able to create this thread.

Now that is out of the way, this is what I have learned about flashing the 6800 to Cricket. Cricket, because it does not carry any PDA phones or anything really close, does have some quirks that are just par for the course. Some things that will be addressed are the MMS and WAP (Internet settings). I am not going to go through everything here, but will post the links to people who are much smarter than I am and much better at this.

Step 1-DO SEARCHES AND LEARN EVERYTHING YOU CAN PRIOR TO STARTING.

Step 2-DO MORE SEARCHES AND LEARN EVEN MORE! I have spent probably over 100 hours doing nothing but reading about flashing the Mogul/6800 to Cricket and some of the issues that can come up.

Step 3- Check out the flashing tutorials here on SPJ <Note: The directions are good for the flashing procedure of Mogul/6800 but any ROMs mentioned are typically for Sprint rather than Cricket. Check below for specific Cricket ROMs.>

ICEMAN's Tutorial:

Code

https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/showthread.php?t=163799&highlight=flashing+tutorial

D/\SH's Tutorial:

Code

https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/showthread.php?t=153750&highlight=flashing+tutorial

GaMedic Tutorial from PPCGeeks:

Code

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=37245
I, personally, like the SD flashing method from my own reading, outlined by GaMedic at PPC

Step 3a- Make sure that you have everything needed
<Unlocker> <Link in D/\SH Tutorial>

<Exit bootloader> <Link in D/\SH Tutorial>

<RUU> <Link in D/\SH Tutorial BUT I believe that many of the ROMs have a RUU I the compressed (zip/rar) file>

OR

SD card, formatted to Fat32 and smaller than 2gig....512 MB is probably ideal. You will read about this in GaMedic's tutorial.

<Cricket ROM>
Here are some of the ROMs for 6800 specifically cooked for Cricket that I have found by a lot of searching around. I DO NOT endorse any of them. I take NO CREDIT FOR ANY OF THEM. I take NO RESPONSIBILITY if you brick your device. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ENSURING THAT YOU ARE GETTING AND FLASHING A ROM FOR CDMA CRICKET, APPROPRIATE FOR THE 6800/MOGUL. YOU ARE THE ONE HITTING THE DOWNLOAD BUTTON AND CHOOSING TO PERFORM A FLASH.

Many of these ROMs are cooked for fully functioning MMS and Internet. Some may need some tweaks and/or fixes. Keep an eye on the threads for additional information/support.

My personal preference is for a "light" or "clean" ROM. That way I am not wasting storage space or memory on something that I am going to replace.

GaMedic has a ROM for Cricket in his tutorial, linked above

PDAJ's Clean Titan ROM

Code

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=59727

Ryan Mogul Heavy ROM

Code

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=60790

Ryan Mogul Light ROM

Code

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=496982
(*Ryan Mogul provides quite a bit of support in the xda thread to include a hotfix*)

There are other ROMs out there specifically for Cricket. Do some searching and find what you like.

<Links to EPST settings>
Some settings might have to be tweaked a bit. This might involve some registry changes and/ or some EPST changes.

Code

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61034

<Links to MMS/WAP tweaks>
This is a thread over at PPC which should help get your MMS/Internet up and running, if it isn't already.

Code

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=28849

Additional threads and information and other ROMs can be found by searching at:

Code

ppcgeeks.com

Code

xda-developers.com

Code

howardforums.com

FULL DISCLOSURE: This is intended only as a guide, not a “how to” manual. I, frankly, have not flashed my phone since getting it flashed by someone else (which is what got me interested in customizing and flashing). I love the current ROM on my phone (To0_v3 from HOFO) and, quite frankly, have not seen a reason to switch. When I can get my hands on the .nbh file for the ROM that I am currently using (so that I can return to it if I so choose), then I will do some experimenting with other ROMs. If/when I can get my hands on more devices to play with, I will certainly be flashing and testing out the other ROMs. READ FOR YOURSELF THE DESCRIPTIONS OF THE ROMS LINKED ABOVE AND MAKE YOUR OWN DECISION.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DenverDev For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2009, 10:51 AM
OG Member
Mobile Model: Pixel 7 Pro
Mobile Carrier: Metro PCS
Mobile OS: Android

Thanked 10,859 Times in 2,859 Posts
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 152

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Basic Guide for Flashing Mogul to Cricket

nice job on this i hope that this can benefit those that ask for support using cricket carriers.Plus I'll fix the links its still show the url..lol

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to puertoblack2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2009, 10:57 AM

View DenverDev's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View DenverDev's Photo Album Add DenverDev's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Thanks I was just working on that and I went too long on the time. I had typed this all into Word, not thinking that the links were still live that way. Went back to edit as soon as I noticed and it took too long between fixing the live links and some of the typeset gaps that appeared when I copied and pasted.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DenverDev For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2009, 11:02 AM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

very nice tutorial and thank you for taking the time to make it.... this will come in very handy for those that want to get their moguls over to cricket which seems now a days that more and more people are trying to do so.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2009, 01:46 AM
Mobile Model: vouge xv6900
Mobile Carrier: cricket

View dru28's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View dru28's Photo Album Add dru28's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

could this possible to work on my vouge but keep my windows 6.5 theme on my phone which is just like the htc touch for sprint
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dru28 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2009, 03:11 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by dru28 View Post

could this possible to work on my vouge but keep my windows 6.5 theme on my phone which is just like the htc touch for sprint
some things would prolly be different since this is for the mogul and not the touch.... and a rom runing 6.5 isnt going to make a difference..... you can even find cricket roms for your device.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2009, 09:12 PM

check over at ppcgeeks and xda and howard forums for a vogue Cricket ROM...I really have done no research on the Vogue....I have researched some on the Touch Pro....

Overall I would venture to guess that you would HAVE to use a RUU because I dont believe that the Vogue has and SD slot.....The steps for flashing a Vogue are outlined in D/\SH's tutorial (linked above)...

The OS for the various Cricket ROMS should fall under the 6.5 as well under hte 6.1 OS....

Primarily....BE SURE that any ROM that you wish to flash is for YOUR DEVICE (VOGUE).....If you attempt to flash a Titan ROM or Touch Pro ROM to your device you WILL brick it.....

Good hunting!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DenverDev For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2009, 05:04 PM

OK.......for anyone interested I have been flashing a series of ROMS that I have been building w/ppckitchen.......specifically for the 6800 for Cricket..........I am running into one HUGE problem........I am desperately trying to get the MMS/WAP Arcsoft cab into OEM........I have tried several different OEM builders with no luck.......I lack the ability to get it done.....

.If anyone can help, I will be able to get a CRICKET TITAN/6800/MOGUL ROM into further testing........WITH working MMS/WAP and get it posted.....

Thanks!!!!!!!!11
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DenverDev For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2009, 09:29 PM

“ Originally Posted by DenverDev View Post

OK.......for anyone interested I have been flashing a series of ROMS that I have been building w/ppckitchen.......specifically for the 6800 for Cricket..........I am running into one HUGE problem........I am desperately trying to get the MMS/WAP Arcsoft cab into OEM........I have tried several different OEM builders with no luck.......I lack the ability to get it done.....

.If anyone can help, I will be able to get a CRICKET TITAN/6800/MOGUL ROM into further testing........WITH working MMS/WAP and get it posted.....

Thanks!!!!!!!!11
talk to the guys over at ppcgeeks in the chat room that they have and someone there will be able to guide you or give you the oem already made they are really good with that stuff over there.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2009, 11:29 PM

Thanks so much.........i never thought of the chat room over there.....i had read so many posts that I was going buggy.......I should be getting some help from one of the people at PPCKitchen.......I always look to y'all here at SPJ first for virtually everything.....

PS>. Is the quick reply button now history?....I havent seen it in awhile and have checked my settings, but i oculd have missed it......
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DenverDev For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2009, 10:07 AM

Ok....I now have the OEM problem solved (thanks to JustPCTech at PPCKitchen.....I now have a functioning ROM with MMS/Internet that should work very well........If anyone is interested let me know and I will get it posted......There are still some bugs but I am trying to figure them out...nothing major that I have discovered so far. (not really a "bug" but a touch on the annoying side once in awhile)..seems to be pretty snappy and good on RAM (20+Mb on boot)....
Old 06-26-2009, 11:28 AM

Ok....I now have the OEM problem solved (thanks to JustPCTech at PPCKitchen.....I now have a functioning ROM with MMS/Internet that should work very well........If anyone is interested let me know and I will get it posted......There are still some bugs but I am trying to figure them out...nothing major that I have discovered so far. (not really a "bug" but a touch on the annoying side once in awhile)..seems to be pretty snappy and good on RAM (20+Mb on boot)....

nice and hell yeah im interested!! i could get a couple people to try that at work and they would love not having to mess with all the settings again to get it all to work you are going to be their new hero hahahaha
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2009, 04:01 PM

Ok....here it is........THIS IS FOR THE XV680/MOGUL ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Neither I, nor SPJ, takes responsibility if you brick your device. So far I have flashed this and have no problems, but things do go wrong!

I have to give credit over to the guys at PPCKitchen (no2chem - GGuruUSA - naigaman - Colonel - Tiermann - ImCoKeMan - helmi - dcd - luv2chill- bepe - tadzio - mamaich) and to JustPCTech.....without their incredible work, I never could have created this....Also thanks to all the people who worked with the MMS/WAP (RyanMogul over at xda in particular)...

It is not fancy, and is WM 6.1 based (base 21042)....Pretty simple ROM...Nothing overly fancy at this point (especially since I prefer simple ROMs and then customizing them myself)...

D/\SH---If your friend's already have a fully flashed ppc6800 with OTA then they should be fine with this....if they have an xv-6800 with functioning GPS they should be fine after unlocking.....if they have a Mogul that is still on Sprint, it is a bit more complicated to reset the MSL/SPC to 000000 (for ota programming) and ideally they should already have a Cricket account....call to switch the ESN...ota update and VOILA it should be good!

The one little glitch i have found is that when exiting Settings->Today->Themes or Items that it will open the dial pad....beats me why, but it does....may try a different build...

here's the link......New and improved versions will come as people let me know what is going on....call this a Beta i guess...

Code

http://www.4shared.com/file/114329889/c5319d8e/Cricket_Mogul_xv6800_CDMA_ROM.html
--------- New Post Merged on 26/6/2009 at 0555 --------

Addition: This link in post 13 will also provide the epst settings that should optimize for cricket.......follow all the instructions......if you are *not* already a cricket customer, become one first or the *228 will not do anything for you....

--------- New Post Merged on 26/6/2009 at 0525 --------

ALSO: there are two PRL codes...if you are not already on Cricket with your current ROM....covered in the thread from xda....
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DenverDev For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2009, 03:25 AM

Ok....here it is........THIS IS FOR THE XV680/MOGUL ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Neither I, nor SPJ, takes responsibility if you brick your device. So far I have flashed this and have no problems, but things do go wrong!

I have to give credit over to the guys at PPCKitchen (no2chem - GGuruUSA - naigaman - Colonel - Tiermann - ImCoKeMan - helmi - dcd - luv2chill- bepe - tadzio - mamaich) and to JustPCTech.....without their incredible work, I never could have created this....Also thanks to all the people who worked with the MMS/WAP (RyanMogul over at xda in particular)...

It is not fancy, and is WM 6.1 based (base 21042)....Pretty simple ROM...Nothing overly fancy at this point (especially since I prefer simple ROMs and then customizing them myself)...

D/\SH---If your friend's already have a fully flashed ppc6800 with OTA then they should be fine with this....if they have an xv-6800 with functioning GPS they should be fine after unlocking.....if they have a Mogul that is still on Sprint, it is a bit more complicated to reset the MSL/SPC to 000000 (for ota programming) and ideally they should already have a Cricket account....call to switch the ESN...ota update and VOILA it should be good!

The one little glitch i have found is that when exiting Settings->Today->Themes or Items that it will open the dial pad....beats me why, but it does....may try a different build...

here's the link......New and improved versions will come as people let me know what is going on....call this a Beta i guess...

Code

http://www.4shared.com/file/114329889/c5319d8e/Cricket_Mogul_xv6800_CDMA_ROM.html
--------- New Post Merged on 26/6/2009 at 0555 --------

Addition: This link in post 13 will also provide the epst settings that should optimize for cricket.......follow all the instructions......if you are *not* already a cricket customer, become one first or the *228 will not do anything for you....

--------- New Post Merged on 26/6/2009 at 0525 --------

ALSO: there are two PRL codes...if you are not already on Cricket with your current ROM....covered in the thread from xda....

sweet!!! very nice and downloading now by any chance are you going to post this in the rom section also?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2009, 08:01 PM

I still want to do some work with this, but need feedback before looking at the ROM section.....downside is that my ability to help "fix" things is very limited, but I am working on it!
Old 06-27-2009, 09:58 PM
Mobile Model: HtC ToUcH PrIzZo 2
Mobile Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanked 5,534 Times in 1,710 Posts

View GokuSS3's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View GokuSS3's Photo Album Add GokuSS3's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

DenverDev I like what you have done here, this is very helpfull I think. Since alot of people are still asking how too flash to cricket too. Thanks for all your hard work here.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GokuSS3 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2009, 11:57 PM

It has been my pleasure...I still am a noob in so many areas, but am learning by doing all of this and enjoying it thoroughly........Hopefully some will find the ROM handy and can give some feedback and I can improve it and then maybe work my way up to the Touch and then the Touch Pro........Might bypass the touch and head straight to TP.....
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DenverDev For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2009, 01:59 AM

I still want to do some work with this, but need feedback before looking at the ROM section.....downside is that my ability to help "fix" things is very limited, but I am working on it!
thus the great reason to release in the rom section only sure way of getting people to see it
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2009, 04:18 PM

Cant agree with you more...once you get your peeps up and running, let me know what they think.....If it works well for them, I will get it up and going in the ROM section.......If there are some things that still need ironed out, I will work on the build and stuff (as i said, i am not very good fixing things) and I will also spend some time working on some custom theme .tsk files and convert them to OEM.....I dont know how to use anything for graphic creation, but if anyone comes up with some ideas that i can use, i will see what i can to to .tsk and oem them.....

I might also work on a 6.5 if i can get all the files downloaded and into the kitchen.......i have played with some 6.5 ROMs made by others and the 6800 just does not seem to have enough memory to really utilize it...
Old 07-03-2009, 11:16 PM

D/\sh---if your people have been having some difficulty, this will probably go a long way to getting them up and running, especially with OTA programming.

Mods: If you could please add this into the original post:

One thing that I did not originally touch on is OTA programming. If you are flashing a Mogul/6800 that does not already have the SPC already set to 000000 then that has to be done to facilitate OTA programming. Verizon phones are already set at 000000 (which is one reason I started flashing the VZW phone to start learning.......and YES I do flash my phones with my own ROMs and others now!)....

However, there is a workaround for this....

You will have to do some research because it gets a bit more complicated than I will go into here. RyanMogul over at xda has done a terrific job. When I get get my hands on a Sprint branded Mogul, I will be working with this and getting accustomed to the process for changing the MSL/SPC to 000000 on Sprint phones

RyanMogul PST Settings thread (ALSO HAS UNLOCKER PACKAGE)

Code

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=492824
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DenverDev For This Useful Post:
Old 12-24-2009, 05:18 PM
Mobile Model: Mogul
Mobile Carrier: CricKet?
Mobile OS: 5.0

View tonytwostep's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View tonytwostep's Photo Album Add tonytwostep's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Basic Guide for Flashing Mogul to Cricket

I'm from Philly aswel Was wondering if you know which PRL I need for CricKet in Philly?
Old 12-28-2009, 11:23 PM

Off the top of my head, no I dont....the initial PRL, which I think should be rather generic prior to doing *228, should get you to the network....then when you do the *228 it should update your prl automatically to the Philly prl....Now after updating via *228 go back into the ##778 and go to security...make sure that it did not revert to something@vzw3g.com or something similair....you may have to re-authenticate.....

for a selection of prl's you can goto

Code

http://www.corolada.com/prl/
and select an EVDO (like 01050) that should get you up and running....

Sorry for the delay.....not getting in here nearly as much anymore.......hate it when life gets in the way!
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
6800, basic, cricket, flashing, guide, mogul