Old 08-03-2009, 06:00 PM
iamdasht19 iamdasht19 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
[App][19-Aug-2009] Back FavPeople Up - Backup Restore of HTC Favorite

Decided to release for public testing, as I have tested the backup and restore functions looks and everything looks okay to me. I have tested this including a hard reset, and my experience is the restore works perfectly well for me. But there might be scenarios that I have yet considered, so don't blame on the developer if you did not manage to recover your favorite contacts 100%

Screenshot and Cabs are attached. The version release information will be posted in the next post.
Hi guys,

not sure if this has been done already, if so, please pardon this duplicate work. But I have tried to search the forums, and I couldn't find a solution thus this work of mine.

Basically, for flash junkies like me, I have to manually add the favorite contacts in the people tab, after each ROM Flash. I found a way to backup and restore this setting, but it needs to be done "programmatically". i.e. it's not a file or registr backup/restore, unless you want to archive the entire PIM database.

I need further testing, but so far it looks promising. Here's some screenshot for you.

Version 1.0 (Released on 3rd Aug 2009)
  • First public beta release
  • Requires .NET 3.5CF to be installed
  • Only supports backing and restoring of favorite contacts (and default call method) in TouchFlo's "People" tab
  • Sashimi user can place the executable file in the EXE folder and run.
  • Ringtone and other contacts backup/restore are not supported

14th Aug 09

A new version is released to add support for new manila 2.5. More information can be found in the release note.

5th Aug 09

Another minor release to provide the silent execution capability , i.e. the ability to execute the backup/restore process from command line. More information about the supported parameters can be found in the release note. This version comes with two sample shortcut files that can be found in the program folder.

4th Aug 09

Minor update to the first version. The only functionality added in this minor version is ringtone support. Also added some cosmetic to the folder browser. See release note for more information

3rd Aug 09

Decided to release for public testing, as I have tested the backup and restore functions looks and everything looks okay to me. I have tested this including a hard reset, and my experience is the restore works perfectly well for me. But there might be scenarios that I have yet considered, so don't blame on the developer if you did not manage to recover your favorite contacts 100%

Screenshot and Cabs are attached. The version release information will be posted in the next pos
original thread can be found here:

Code

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=543605
Attached Thumbnails
1.jpg  
Attached Files You can't view or download attachments from this post before you thank it.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2009, 06:12 AM
Mobile Model: RHODIUM LEO 2.02
Mobile Carrier: 3G MOBISTAR

Thanked 25,033 Times in 7,581 Posts

View CYBER WEESJE's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View CYBER WEESJE's Photo Album Add CYBER WEESJE's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: [App][19-Aug-2009] Back FavPeople Up - Backup Restore of HTC Favorite

bump bump new releas addet

grtz cyber weesje
administrator@spj

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CYBER WEESJE For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2009, 02:28 PM
MOY
Mobile Model: DIAMOND
Mobile Carrier: sprint

View COWHEAD's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View COWHEAD's Photo Album Add COWHEAD's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Thanks! this app looks pretty good

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to COWHEAD For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2009, 09:25 PM
Mobile Model: Ppc 680
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

View livinlifes2shor's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View livinlifes2shor's Photo Album Add livinlifes2shor's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

any hope for an app like this with 6.5 titanium?
The Following User Says Thank You to livinlifes2shor For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2009, 10:00 PM
iamdasht19 iamdasht19 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by livinlifes2shor View Post

any hope for an app like this with 6.5 titanium?
if a developer decided to make it than yes but at this time there isnt anything out for it..... you could bring it up over at xda and see if someone finds it a good idea to build off of ....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
app19aug2009, app3rdaug2009, back favpeople up, backup, favorite, favpeople, htc, restore