HTC Touch Pro Questions

Post New ThreadReply

Old 08-24-2009, 11:37 AM
mookz13 mookz13 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: htc 6800
Mobile Carrier: sprint

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View mookz13's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View mookz13's Photo Album Add mookz13's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Rom wont run

I HAVE the touch pro for sprint cdma anyhow i was in AC a couple days ago and my phone had froze so i used my stylus to hit the restart button and it started up fine with the first screen the shows the phone is starting up ( im running the energy rom herman titanium) and the first splash screen that comes up is the ATR3 , i was running that b4, so after that screen loads it just goes to a black screen and stays black a bright black but just black lol so idk what to do at this point cuz active sync wont detect it since i had planned to just re flash but i do have insurance but will i get into some problems with sprint or will they try to charge me since i unlocked it and put custom rom on it?...........
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mookz13 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2009, 12:22 PM
Mobile Model: TOUCHpro2
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 6,709 Times in 2,216 Posts

View jr5416's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jr5416's Photo Album Add jr5416's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Rom wont run

“ Originally Posted by mookz13 View Post

I HAVE the touch pro for sprint cdma anyhow i was in AC a couple days ago and my phone had froze so i used my stylus to hit the restart button and it started up fine with the first screen the shows the phone is starting up ( im running the energy rom herman titanium) and the first splash screen that comes up is the ATR3 , i was running that b4, so after that screen loads it just goes to a black screen and stays black a bright black but just black lol so idk what to do at this point cuz active sync wont detect it since i had planned to just re flash but i do have insurance but will i get into some problems with sprint or will they try to charge me since i unlocked it and put custom rom on it?...........
Something like this happened to me what u gotta do is put the phone in bootloader mode while plugged in with ur computer and reflash it should work bro happened to my girls tp didint know what to do but decided i had to do something tried this and it worked .And to get rid of that atr splash u have to flash to stock rom then flash to a custom rom

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jr5416 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2009, 01:18 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch & Pro!!
Mobile OS: 6.1

Thanked 4,891 Times in 1,440 Posts

View crazaytalent's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View crazaytalent's Photo Album Add crazaytalent's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by jr5416 View Post

Something like this happened to me what u gotta do is put the phone in bootloader mode while plugged in with ur computer and reflash it should work bro happened to my girls tp didint know what to do but decided i had to do something tried this and it worked .And to get rid of that atr splash u have to flash to stock rom then flash to a custom rom
before doing that... try a hard reset... its also happend to me, and hard reset got me back to normal...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to crazaytalent For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2009, 01:24 PM

View jr5416's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jr5416's Photo Album Add jr5416's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by crazaytalent View Post

before doing that... try a hard reset... its also happend to me, and hard reset got me back to normal...
Good idea crazytalent now since he cnt get to the clear storage in his tp i provided a link that can show him how to do it manuely:

Code

http://lievenvw.wordpress.com/2008/10/27/howto-hardreset-format-your-htc-touch-pro/

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jr5416 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2009, 01:26 PM
Mobile Model: Ppc 680
Mobile OS: 6.1

View livinlifes2shor's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View livinlifes2shor's Photo Album Add livinlifes2shor's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

dont forget if that fails as well you can flash from the memory card. However I have tep adn if I take my phone into the service center (at least here) they just think I downloaded some programs on my phone, never had a problem getting a flashed phone replaced.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to livinlifes2shor For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2009, 05:56 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by livinlifes2shor View Post

dont forget if that fails as well you can flash from the memory card. However I have tep adn if I take my phone into the service center (at least here) they just think I downloaded some programs on my phone, never had a problem getting a flashed phone replaced.

most techs dont know the difference on high end devices if you told them, but it is always recommended that you flash back to stock and relock because if someone wanted to be a dick they could but that you voided warranty on your notes and you will never be able to make a claim ofr that device again sicne warrenty is now voided....
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2009, 08:15 PM
Mobile Model: htc touch pro
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 2,355 Times in 750 Posts

View tlpalmer01's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View tlpalmer01's Photo Album Add tlpalmer01's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i have had a similar problem a few times on that rom when i had tried to unistall a pimp package...i just hard reset and havent had that problem since..........
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tlpalmer01 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2009, 08:35 PM
mookz13 mookz13 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: htc 6800

View mookz13's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View mookz13's Photo Album Add mookz13's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Thanks everyone for the replies i got it back to a stock rom but now i have a spot on my screen and both the touch screen and keyboard r very unresponsive so idl im hoping ill be able to get that touch pro 2 for little to nothing since im having the same problems that my mogul was giving me....
Old 08-24-2009, 08:37 PM

“ Originally Posted by mookz13 View Post

Thanks everyone for the replies i got it back to a stock rom but now i have a spot on my screen and both the touch screen and keyboard r very unresponsive so idl im hoping ill be able to get that touch pro 2 for little to nothing since im having the same problems that my mogul was giving me....
Well bro thats good news that u got it back to stock now relock it and take it back to sprint if u have insurance u should be good to get a brand new one .

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jr5416 For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
rom, run