Windows Mobile - COOKED ROM RELEASES

Post New ThreadReply

Old 11-02-2009, 04:53 PM
Mobile Model: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View adamcattell's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View adamcattell's Photo Album Add adamcattell's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re RELEASED [ROM][KITCHEN] Juicy Rhodium_W R0 [SENSE UI][XDA_UC Compliant]

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

use hdtweaks.... you have the option in there to do so
I still have not found the cab. Cant stand the lock feature I want to disable, any help?
Old 11-02-2009, 10:10 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: RELEASED [ROM][KITCHEN] Juicy Rhodium_W R0 [SENSE UI][XDA_UC Compliant]

added video to the first post
Old 11-03-2009, 03:08 AM
Mobile Model: HtC ToUcH PrIzZo 2
Mobile Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanked 5,534 Times in 1,710 Posts

View GokuSS3's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View GokuSS3's Photo Album Add GokuSS3's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Re RELEASED [ROM][KITCHEN] Juicy Rhodium_W R0 [SENSE UI][XDA_UC Complia

“ Originally Posted by adamcattell View Post

I still have not found the cab. Cant stand the lock feature I want to disable, any help?
Like Dash just posted Start/Setting/HD Tweaks!!!!!!

Old 11-03-2009, 12:06 PM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: $print

Thanked 2,366 Times in 774 Posts

View PsyChoTk's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View PsyChoTk's Photo Album Add PsyChoTk's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Latest version (R2) is out. mms is still broken but the fix is here.

i just ran the mms fix and confirm it works at the time of this post. below is the intructions:

Code

It appears that I have gotten my MMS working on my Sprint TP2 with Juicy R1 (Sense UI). The reason why people are not getting positive results when installing the Arcsoft app is that the Arcsoft app uses the native WM SMS application to process SMS/MMS. In this version of manila (LEO) HTC has put in some registry values that completely hides the stock messaging app.

Here are the steps I took to get it working. I am not sure if this will work for the other carriers or the other versions of LEO roms that are floating around so YMMV. Give it a shot and report your results:

Step 1: Install Arcsoft App
Install the Arcsoft MMS for Sprint: Arcsoft MMS_Sprint_5_0_94_128c
Found in this thread: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93625
Install this to your main memory. You wont beable to find the app listed in your programs tab so don't bother looking for it yet. You must make it visible first. Just move on to Step 2 

Step 2: Make the native WM messaging app visible and Change MMS settings:
Since the native WM messaging app has been “hidden” by HTC, The only whay to make it visible is through a linked email account. You will need to link an email account to your TP2 to make the native Messaging options “Visible”. Once you have your email account linked, go into your “inbox” screen and select: 

Menu>Pics/Video Options…

You are now in the Arcsoft MMS application. Change the Server settings for your specific carrier.

Step 3: Make the native SMS/MMS application the default again:
In previous versions of Manila, the WM messaging app was always the "primary" messaging app with the HTC manila app being the secondary. In the LEO version, the HTC is the primary. So this must be changed to allow MMS to flow into the WM messaging where the Arcsoft app is located. This step will require a registry edit:
You will need to change the default text messaging app from HTC messaging to WM Pocket outlook (tmail.exe) by renaming the account found in the string:

HKLM\system\inbox\externalaccounts. 

Rename the key "SMS" to "SMS.htc" this is the folder named "SMS" 
Soft Reset. (props to Zenkinz over at XDA for finding this key!)

Step 4. Verify the changes.
Once your phone boots back up, go into your start menu and select the “email” icon. This should take you into the “Select an Account” view of the native WM messaging app. “SMS/MMS” should now be visible as a selection. Select the SMS/MMS account and click: Menu>New>Picture Message This should take you in to the Arcsoft MMS app where you can send and receive MMS’s as usual! 

Next test is to go into your “Photos & Videos” tab, select a picture and bring it up full screen. Tap the photo once to bring up the picture toolbar. Next select the “upload” icon (Third icon from the left) and select “mail”. This should bring you to the WM “Select an Account” view. “Picture Message(SMS/MMS)” and “Video Message(SMS/MMS)” should be visible and selectable! If you can do all of this then Your Done!

A few things to note:
Clicking on the text message in Manila will still send you to HTC’s messaging app. The picture attachment does not show in this app. You will need to view the picture mail in the WM messaging app to view the picture.

Normal SMS should be visible in both views, but clicking on the text message in Manila will still send you to HTC’s messaging app. You can get to the WM app by selecting “all messages” while inside of the HTC messaging app NOT the “all messages” on TF3D. This one will just send you to the all messages view in the HTC messaging app. Maybe we can get someone to edit the manila file that controls this.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:34 PM

View adamcattell's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View adamcattell's Photo Album Add adamcattell's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Re Re RELEASED [ROM][KITCHEN] Juicy Rhodium_W R0 [SENSE UI][XDA_UC Comp

“ Originally Posted by GokuSS3 View Post

Like Dash just posted Start/Setting/HD Tweaks!!!!!!
I do not see HD Tweaks on this Rom. I was just asking for the program, i did search and could not find.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:45 PM
OG Member
Mobile Model: Pixel 7 Pro
Mobile Carrier: Metro PCS
Mobile OS: Android

Thanked 10,859 Times in 2,859 Posts
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 152

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Re Re Re RELEASED [ROM][KITCHEN] Juicy Rhodium_W R0 [SENSE UI][XDA_UC C

“ Originally Posted by adamcattell View Post

I do not see HD Tweaks on this Rom. I was just asking for the program, i did search and could not find.

probably when installing the rom. Not all of the program was ported.Did you do a hard reset after installing? if not then go here for the program

Code

http://montecristoff.webs.com/hdtweak.htm

Old 11-03-2009, 07:55 PM

Re Re Re Re RELEASED [ROM][KITCHEN] Juicy Rhodium_W R0 [SENSE UI][XDA_UC C

“ Originally Posted by puertoblack2003 View Post

probably when installing the rom. Not all of the program was ported.Did you do a hard reset after installing? if not then go here for the program

Code

http://montecristoff.webs.com/hdtweak.htm
Thanks, got it fixed now.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:27 PM
SPJ Junkie

View meansixx's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View meansixx's Photo Album Add meansixx's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

just a quick question, is there a cab for the start menu columns? to go from 3 to 4, 5, 6. i used some that we had for the pro but no go. is there a different one for the tp2 running this rom?
thanks in advance.

Old 11-04-2009, 11:29 AM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by meansixx View Post

just a quick question, is there a cab for the start menu columns? to go from 3 to 4, 5, 6. i used some that we had for the pro but no go. is there a different one for the tp2 running this rom?
thanks in advance.
i was thinking the same thing.... i havent seen any yet and havent tried the vga cab to see if it works still, dont see why it wouldnt since should just be making some registry changes that should be the same for all wm 6.5 devices... but than again i could be wrong...
Old 11-04-2009, 01:38 PM
Mobile Carrier: Verizon

View blackdiamond017's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View blackdiamond017's Photo Album Add blackdiamond017's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Is it possible to download as is and flash to an sd card? I wasn't sure if I needed to extract it first or just use the file as is. If I do have to extract it, PocketRar doesn't recognize it. I know it's a noob question and for the record, I did do a search but nothing came up....

never flashed from sd b4 (im at work) so if i need to post elsewhere, let me know.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:30 PM

“ Originally Posted by blackdiamond017 View Post

Is it possible to download as is and flash to an sd card? I wasn't sure if I needed to extract it first or just use the file as is. If I do have to extract it, PocketRar doesn't recognize it. I know it's a noob question and for the record, I did do a search but nothing came up....

never flashed from sd b4 (im at work) so if i need to post elsewhere, let me know.
you would need to be unlocked of course and than rename the nbh file to RHODIMG.nbh and than manual bootloader mode and follow the steps.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:45 PM

Re: Juicy Rhodium_W R2 [SENSE UI][XDA_UC]

updated with version r2 and new video of that version in motion
Old 11-04-2009, 09:38 PM

View blackdiamond017's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View blackdiamond017's Photo Album Add blackdiamond017's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

you would need to be unlocked of course and than rename the nbh file to RHODIMG.nbh and than manual bootloader mode and follow the steps.

I did that but it nothing happened. It went straight to showing 'serial' at the bottom. It's a 2gb card FAT format.

--------- New Post Merged on 4/11/2009 at 1014 --------

so i went ahead and still flashed r2 to my phone via my computer. But I can't get connected to the internet at all. Dash I saw you had yours working in the vid. Did you do anything special?
Old 11-04-2009, 09:51 PM

Re: Re RELEASED [ROM][KITCHEN] Juicy Rhodium_W R0 [SENSE UI][XDA_UC Complia

I did that but it nothing happened. It went straight to showing 'serial' at the bottom. It's a 2gb card FAT format.

--------- New Post Merged on 4/11/2009 at 1014 --------

so i went ahead and still flashed r2 to my phone via my computer. But I can't get connected to the internet at all. Dash I saw you had yours working in the vid. Did you do anything special?
no it worked fine right away... you did hard reset and take the battery out after flash right? also when that screen came up after the bootup you chose to install that carrier cab for your provider to the MAIN MEMORY correct
Old 11-05-2009, 10:57 AM

Re Re RELEASED [ROM][KITCHEN] Juicy Rhodium_W R0 [SENSE UI][XDA_UC Complia

no it worked fine right away... you did hard reset and take the battery out after flash right? also when that screen came up after the bootup you chose to install that carrier cab for your provider to the MAIN MEMORY correct
Yeah I took the battery out then hard reset after the flash (not sure of the correct order). i even hard reset again just to be sure. And I installed the carrier cab for VZW.

I fixed it this morning tho. What I had to do was in the data connection settings under Verizon Wireless, change the connection from CDMA1x to Verizon Wireless. It started to work then. But why would I have to do that if everything went like it was supposed to?

The internet works now, but the data connection never shuts down. The back and forth arrows have been lit for a couple hours now. That has me a little concerned. And you don't have these problems at all huh?
Old 11-05-2009, 02:15 PM

Re: Re Re RELEASED [ROM][KITCHEN] Juicy Rhodium_W R0 [SENSE UI][XDA_UC Comp

Yeah I took the battery out then hard reset after the flash (not sure of the correct order). i even hard reset again just to be sure. And I installed the carrier cab for VZW.

I fixed it this morning tho. What I had to do was in the data connection settings under Verizon Wireless, change the connection from CDMA1x to Verizon Wireless. It started to work then. But why would I have to do that if everything went like it was supposed to?

The internet works now, but the data connection never shuts down. The back and forth arrows have been lit for a couple hours now. That has me a little concerned. And you don't have these problems at all huh?
nope havent had any of those troubles... been working very good for me besides the occasional freeze when texting and trying to send the message.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:51 PM

Re Re Re RELEASED [ROM][KITCHEN] Juicy Rhodium_W R0 [SENSE UI][XDA_UC Comp

nope havent had any of those troubles... been working very good for me besides the occasional freeze when texting and trying to send the message.
Hmm....maybe the file was corrupted when I downloaded it. I downloaded to my sd card via phone (it actually worked lol) I'll try from my pc when i get home.

I don't have any lag though when sending a text. Can't get pix messaging to work still. Can you send pix messages with this one?
Old 11-05-2009, 10:10 PM
Mobile Model: HTC TP2

View brooklyn's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View brooklyn's Photo Album Add brooklyn's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Juicy Rhodium_W R2 [SENSE UI][XDA_UC]

after becoming a flashing beast with the diamond i just havent been feeling 2 jump right into flashing tp2 im not gonna lie the phone runs very gud with no bugs well maybe a couple and from what i have been reading this rom and others have lots of bugs.. and i actually like the sprint stuff... and see that is an issue to get the sprint stuff back on the phone..and to lose mms im not feeling that....then i also read no landscape .. is that true?? on another note this rom looks pretty sick ..and i really wanna flash... just they way it looks is very appealing but i think i may hold off till they refine the rom alil more.... But what do you guys think i should do any tips or suggestions from the pros would b appreciated

Old 11-06-2009, 03:42 AM

View GokuSS3's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View GokuSS3's Photo Album Add GokuSS3's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Re Juicy Rhodium_W R2 [SENSE UI][XDA_UC]

“ Originally Posted by brooklyn View Post

after becoming a flashing beast with the diamond i just havent been feeling 2 jump right into flashing tp2 im not gonna lie the phone runs very gud with no bugs well maybe a couple and from what i have been reading this rom and others have lots of bugs.. and i actually like the sprint stuff... and see that is an issue to get the sprint stuff back on the phone..and to lose mms im not feeling that....then i also read no landscape .. is that true?? on another note this rom looks pretty sick ..and i really wanna flash... just they way it looks is very appealing but i think i may hold off till they refine the rom alil more.... But what do you guys think i should do any tips or suggestions from the pros would b appreciated
Well I think you should Flash your phone cause any custom rom is better than stock by far lol.... An this is a Leo rom so you not have Landscape in this one. But if look here on the site you can Flash a Rhodium 2.1 rom where you will have Landscape. As far getting all the Sprint stuff back most of it is here on the site. An there is a update for the picture an I know it works Phenom was sending Pics the other night... An he in on a Leo rom right now!!!!

Old 11-06-2009, 10:11 AM

Re Re Re Juicy Rhodium_W R2 [SENSE UI][XDA_UC]

Well I think you should Flash your phone cause any custom rom is better than stock by far lol.... An this is a Leo rom so you not have Landscape in this one. But if look here on the site you can Flash a Rhodium 2.1 rom where you will have Landscape. As far getting all the Sprint stuff back most of it is here on the site. An there is a update for the picture an I know it works Phenom was sending Pics the other night... An he in on a Leo rom right now!!!!

I agree. This Rom is a lot better than the stock rom in terms of performance. What are you guys doing to get it to work? This is what I did:

- I first ran the htc disabler
- Soft reset the phone
- Installed the arcsoft cab for VZW (the one I posted earlier)

I see the option to use MMS but it won't let me select the pics to send.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:43 AM

Re Re Re Re Juicy Rhodium_W R2 [SENSE UI][XDA_UC]

I agree. This Rom is a lot better than the stock rom in terms of performance. What are you guys doing to get it to work? This is what I did:

- Soft reset the phone

Well I am on T-mobile so mine came with it , but i will ask him for you what he did to get his working and post back here for ya !!!!

Old 11-06-2009, 12:26 PM

Re: Re Re Re Juicy Rhodium_W R2 [SENSE UI][XDA_UC]

- Soft reset the phone

im working on fiding out what is causing it... i can receive without problems and view the images but they never receive the picmail that i send them... ill keep you informed though for sure....
Old 11-06-2009, 01:04 PM

Re Re Re Re Juicy Rhodium_W R2 [SENSE UI][XDA_UC]

Well I am on T-mobile so mine came with it , but i will ask him for you what he did to get his working and post back here for ya !!!!

im working on fiding out what is causing it... i can receive without problems and view the images but they never receive the picmail that i send them... ill keep you informed though for sure....
You're 1-up on me Dash. I can receive the message but not the pics at all! lol. Thanks for your help guys!
Old 11-15-2009, 09:19 PM

Re: [15/11/09] Juicy Rhodium_W R3 [SENSE UI] [XDA_UC]

updated with newest r3 version
Old 11-15-2009, 09:27 PM
SPJ Junkie

View meansixx's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View meansixx's Photo Album Add meansixx's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

yup yup, was on ppc waiting already for the update. downloaded and already flashing...lol

Old 11-15-2009, 10:05 PM
Mobile Model: Ppc 680

View livinlifes2shor's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View livinlifes2shor's Photo Album Add livinlifes2shor's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re [15/11/09] Juicy Rhodium_W R3 [SENSE UI] [XDA_UC]

gonna try this out downloading now thanks for the hard work you put into this~~ oNLY WISH I HAD THE KNOWLEDGE TO PITCH IN.
Old 11-15-2009, 10:56 PM
ADMIN-Watch what you say!
Mobile Model: Touch PRO2, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: On the NOW Network

Thanked 6,030 Times in 1,977 Posts

View BiG JeW's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BiG JeW's Photo Album Add BiG JeW's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

yup yup, was on ppc waiting already for the update. downloaded and already flashing...lol

please post how you like the ROM... PROS and CONS..

Old 11-15-2009, 11:00 PM

View livinlifes2shor's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View livinlifes2shor's Photo Album Add livinlifes2shor's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

flashed and running so far this is so fast and smooth compared to others, is it sense ui that prevents the landscape mode? I was excited about landscape (when I get my video cable) for using it with the tv, is there any way to get it or will it not work with sense or the new manilla? Thanks again (sorry could not edit preious post please merge if you could)
Old 11-15-2009, 11:35 PM
Mobile Model: touch pro
Mobile Carrier: sprint

View railslave's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View railslave's Photo Album Add railslave's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

telus users read this urgent!!!!!!!!!☢ ☢ ☢ ☢ ☢ [CAUTION] - Tethering Users ☢ ☢ ☢ ☢ ☢ - PPCGeeks
Old 11-16-2009, 12:30 AM
Mobile Model: htc touch pro2
Mobile Carrier: sprint

View dragshawn's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View dragshawn's Photo Album Add dragshawn's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

im noticing with all these roms i cant get my pic mail to send or recieve pics,any reason why that is?
Old 11-16-2009, 01:04 AM

“ Originally Posted by dragshawn View Post

im noticing with all these roms i cant get my pic mail to send or recieve pics,any reason why that is?
if you read the first post of many of these roms they have mms fixes or attempts for fixes... all the roms you are trying are prolly manila 2.5 roms like this... if you go with 2.1 senseui rom you will get the stability and the picture mail that you want.
Old 11-16-2009, 08:43 AM

I ablsolutly love this rom so fast smooth and everything works perfect so far. The only thing I can not figure out (have searched) is I sync my google contacts and calander and then use an owa for my email but this will not allow it, I was always able to do this on my 6800 and 6850 but it seems to vary with the tp2 and which rom I use can some one please shed some light on this? Thanks For The Awesome Rom!
Old 11-16-2009, 08:55 AM
SPJ Junkie

so far so good, hes done it again. just keeps on getting better and better. animation is fast and speedy. still no mms on sprint but no biggy. just disabled HTC Messaging for now. didnt have to install Conflipper North America cab. My location worked awesome. Gps locks in fast. Sweet Rom! If only there was a way to get Mms working without and fixes then this rom would be complete for me 100%. keep it comming...

Old 11-16-2009, 09:17 AM

does it not work with arcsoft mms?? i have to find the cab and will try will let ya know.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:28 AM
SPJ Junkie

Re Re [15/11/09] Juicy Rhodium_W R3 [SENSE UI] [XDA_UC]

“ Originally Posted by livinlifes2shor View Post

does it not work with arcsoft mms?? i have to find the cab and will try will let ya know.
well if u can get it to work with sprint then let me know. i tried it once and it didnt work so i just disabled the htc messaging. if u get it working, post ur settings and ill see if it works after work.

Old 11-16-2009, 12:44 PM

View PsyChoTk's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View PsyChoTk's Photo Album Add PsyChoTk's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Re Re [15/11/09] Juicy Rhodium_W R3 [SENSE UI] [XDA_UC]

well if u can get it to work with sprint then let me know. i tried it once and it didnt work so i just disabled the htc messaging. if u get it working, post ur settings and ill see if it works after work.
i'm testing that at the time of this posting. so far no luck. if i can get it to work, i'll post the instuctions.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:05 PM

if you read the first post of many of these roms they have mms fixes or attempts for fixes... all the roms you are trying are prolly manila 2.5 roms like this... if you go with 2.1 senseui rom you will get the stability and the picture mail that you want.

He's right. All of the Manilla 2.5 roms have the mms issue (at least on the verizon side). But what is it about 2.5 that makes mms so bad? I'm starting to think HTC will have to make a 2.5 for the tp2's. Maybe it will be in the stock upgrade to wm6.5. That would rock
Old 11-16-2009, 01:19 PM

Re Re Re Re [15/11/09] Juicy Rhodium_W R3 [SENSE UI] [XDA_UC]

“ Originally Posted by PsyChoTk View Post

i'm testing that at the time of this posting. so far no luck. if i can get it to work, i'll post the instuctions.
here is the fix. I can confirm it works for me on Sprint at the time of this post.

1. download Arcsoft 5 0 94 128c

2. set up the settings for your provider ie sprint is

Code

http://mms.sprintpcs.com/servlets/mms
3. don't forget to connect via sprint at the bottom. This needs to be done by going to the mail tab/inbox/menu/pics video options the select cdma servers and edit the settings there.

4. open registry editor...go to hklm, SOFTWARE, Arcsoft, Arcsoft MMS UA, Config, mm1, MMSCSetting, SprintMMSC(or whatever you called your default server) and change all 4 wap settings to 5120000. I also did the same for the sample servers. there are three (3) folders, two(2) with sample in the name. change all three folders wap settings

4. You can now send without a problem.

5. For receiving. Once the message is downloaded, you can view it once the popup comes up saying the message is done downloading under the "view" option. However, to view it again after closing it, go to your e mail tab, tap "inbox" and swipe left or right to get to the windows text messaging tab. The message your received with the attached picture is viewable. Unfortunately, the pic is still not viewable under New HTC messaging app. At least you can view regular sms through the text messaging tab by tapping them instead of going to all messages like before with the "disable cab" Not perfect but a lot better than before.

all credit goes to crookdbill @ ppcgeeks. I just edited it for content and more peep friendly instructions.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:12 PM

View crookdbill's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View crookdbill's Photo Album Add crookdbill's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Re Re Re Re [15/11/09] Juicy Rhodium_W R3 [SENSE UI] [XDA_UC]

here is the fix. I can confirm it works for me on Sprint at the time of this post.

Code

3. don't forget to connect via sprint at the bottom. This needs to be done by going to the mail tab/inbox/menu/pics video options the select cdma servers and edit the settings there.

4. open registry editor...go to hklm, SOFTWARE, Arcsoft, Arcsoft MMS UA, Config, mm1, MMSCSetting, SprintMMSC(or whatever you called your default server) and change all 4 wap settings to 5120000. I also did the same for the sample servers. there are three (3) folders, two(2) with sample in the name. change all three folders wap settings

5. For receiving. Once the message is downloaded, you can view it once the popup comes up saying the message is done downloading under the "view" option. However, to view it again after closing it, go to your e mail tab, tap "inbox" and swipe left or right to get to the windows text messaging tab. The message your received with the attached picture is viewable. Unfortunately, the pic is still not viewable under New HTC messaging app. At least you can view regular sms through the text messaging tab by tapping them instead of going to all messages like before with the "disable cab" Not perfect but a lot better than before.

all credit goes to crookdbill @ ppcgeeks. I just edited it for content and more peep friendly instructions.
HEY HEY I'm at SPJ too
Made a solo thread with more in depth step by step instructions at ppcgeeks.

Code

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=96988
Thanks for giving credit on your post Psycho TK It's been working for me all day.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:25 PM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro

View slumdog1's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View slumdog1's Photo Album Add slumdog1's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Re Re Re Re Re [15/11/09] Juicy Rhodium_W R3 [SENSE UI] [XDA_UC]

great rom, after you flash it automatically comes up which carrier you want to provision to. Love the customize feature so all cabs install at the same time. great rom
Old 11-16-2009, 09:35 PM

Re Re Re Re Re Re [15/11/09] Juicy Rhodium_W R3 [SENSE UI] [XDA_UC]

“ Originally Posted by crookdbill View Post

HEY HEY I'm at SPJ too
Made a solo thread with more in depth step by step instructions at ppcgeeks.

Code

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=96988
Thanks for giving credit on your post Psycho TK It's been working for me all day.
np dude. credit where credit is due.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:49 PM
SPJ Junkie

thanks guys, i had read this over at ppc already and hadnt tried it. but im gonna try it now and check it out. it just would be awesome if we didnt have to do all these tweakin to get it to work but thats 2.5 for ya...lol

--------- New Post Merged on 16/11/2009 at 1145 --------

Code

oh yeah, just one more thing about this. why would u have to download arcsoft again if its already in R3?

Old 11-17-2009, 01:06 AM

View crookdbill's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View crookdbill's Photo Album Add crookdbill's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

When I tried to send a mms with the default arcsoft, it would not go through. It could have been me though. That is why I installed the newest arcsoft. It was also 4 in the morning when I did all this. You can try it with the default arcsoft first and see if it works. Please let me know so I can edit my thread to reflect the change.

thanks guys, i had read this over at ppc already and hadnt tried it. but im gonna try it now and check it out. it just would be awesome if we didnt have to do all these tweakin to get it to work but thats 2.5 for ya...lol

--------- New Post Merged on 16/11/2009 at 1145 --------

oh yeah, just one more thing about this. why would u have to download arcsoft again if its already in R3?
Old 11-17-2009, 06:11 AM
SPJ Junkie

yeah thats what i saw when i was checkin it out. well it worked for me and mms works! works like a charm, i sent out pics and they got them and sent me pics and i got them. good job crookdbill

Old 11-17-2009, 06:33 AM

yeah thats what i saw when i was checkin it out. well it worked for me and mms works! works like a charm, i sent out pics and they got them and sent me pics and i got them. good job crookdbill

so are you saying it worked without the download? If not I can not find that .cab I have an older version which the phoen rejects. Thanks
Old 11-17-2009, 07:09 AM
jr5416 jr5416 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: TOUCHpro2
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 6,709 Times in 2,216 Posts

View jr5416's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jr5416's Photo Album Add jr5416's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

so are you saying it worked without the download? If not I can not find that .cab I have an older version which the phoen rejects. Thanks
No bro he meant he got it working with the newest version , and here u go bro after u install this u have to follow the instructions that crookbill wrote up for us and u should be good. follow up with some updates thanks and i will be trying this aswell

Old 11-17-2009, 07:25 AM
jr5416 jr5416 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: TOUCHpro2
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 6,709 Times in 2,216 Posts

View jr5416's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jr5416's Photo Album Add jr5416's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

For those of you who dont wanna mess with resistry editor try this it works that same way thanks to astronusx over at ppcgeeks for this :

For simplicity, you can do the following the achieve same result as OP.

2. Unzip attached SprintMMS.zip (Note: If you don't have RegEditor, use attached TaskMrg, it has regeditor inside to import)
3. Use TaskMrg below or your RegEditor to Import registry files to your phone

Go to Start --> Email -> SMS / MMS --> New --> Picture Message and compose ur MMS

Enjoy!

I also attached the newest arcsoft
Attached Files You can't view or download attachments from this post before you thank it.

Old 11-17-2009, 08:57 PM

maybe I am a retard but it will not let me install arcsoft mms says it was unsuccesful
Old 11-17-2009, 09:48 PM

Re: Re [15/11/09] Juicy Rhodium_W R3 [SENSE UI] [XDA_UC]

maybe I am a retard but it will not let me install arcsoft mms says it was unsuccesful
are you installing to the main memory and also have you tried to redownload the cab to make sure it wasnt a corrupt file?
Old 11-17-2009, 10:01 PM

yes main memory and downloaded twice becasue i thought it was bad first time around? will try again
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
compliant, juicy, released, rhodiumw, rom, romkitchen, sense, uixdauc, xdauc