puertoblack2003 puertoblack2003 is offline   Thread Starter  
OG Member
Mobile Model: Pixel 7 Pro
Mobile Carrier: Metro PCS
Mobile OS: Android

Thanked 10,859 Times in 2,859 Posts
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 152

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Where did you get your HERO

I'm curious to all the hero owners where you got your hero.At bestbuy or shipped from sprint.The reason why I'm asking, is because some of you guys may be experiencing with memory leak or sms issue.And i'm not facing it.

check this vid out.

Code

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4BWVp6yJoM

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to puertoblack2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2009, 02:57 AM
Mobile Model: touch pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View chauleyb's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View chauleyb's Photo Album Add chauleyb's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Where did you get your HERO

wow yo thats crazy bro but i got mine from bestbuy and couple weeks lata i was experiencing sms issues.....i was wanderin y no one texted for 2 days felt unloved lol i call sprint to c if they could fix it and they couldnt so they suggested i take it back. i took it back to bestbuy and got it swapped out and so far my sms has been working seems like my battery is not as good tho no since i got swapped if it aint one thing its another yo i hear the touch pro 2 callin my name guys hero is disappointing me sad to say!!!!
Old 11-12-2009, 12:55 PM
Supporter
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro/HERO

View forty01's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View forty01's Photo Album Add forty01's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Where did you get your HERO

I picked mine up from the Sprint store.

Old 11-12-2009, 01:21 PM
puertoblack2003 puertoblack2003 is offline   Thread Starter  
OG Member
Mobile Model: Pixel 7 Pro
Mobile Carrier: Metro PCS

Thanked 10,859 Times in 2,859 Posts
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 152

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by forty01 View Post

I picked mine up from the Sprint store.

yea i noticed the guys with the issues is coming form bestbuy.I think they got a bad batch of phones...

Old 11-12-2009, 11:29 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by puertoblack2003 View Post

yea i noticed the guys with the issues is coming form bestbuy.I think they got a bad batch of phones...
have you noticed a trend with that? there first big release was the touch pro, the best buy bastch of the touch pro had the chipping and cracking chrome problem that would appear for no reason, the pre batch they had once again like the touch pro before everyone else and they too had a problem in the oreo problem, and now with the hero the batch that seems bad is the first batch that seems to have been coming from best buy.
Old 11-15-2009, 01:56 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch

View los1223's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View los1223's Photo Album Add los1223's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Mine came from Sprint store and no SMS issue so far
Old 11-15-2009, 02:02 PM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2

Thanked 6,468 Times in 1,715 Posts

View Mike20PR's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mike20PR's Photo Album Add Mike20PR's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Mine came from sprint and i has the issue where i did not recieve sms. I did a factory reset and stayed away from task managers since. No issues so far
Old 11-23-2009, 04:45 PM
Still Learning
Mobile Model: Touch Pro, Hero
Mobile Carrier: Sprint Ahead

View lordhelmet's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View lordhelmet's Photo Album Add lordhelmet's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I got mine from Sprint, and have not had the not receiving sms issues. However, my battery life sucks more than any WM phone I ever had. There are other things that I am still annoyed with, but I am trying to be patient and just trying to learn the thing. One thing I figured out is syncing with my Outlook and Gmail contacts made the phone way more laggy than it already is. I have only my Outlook (Phone) contacts now and it seems to be working better. For the record, I have several friends who had trouble getting sms with their G1s when they first came out. I'm gonna try and stick it out with Android, but got a chance to play with the TP2 and that thing is a BEAST. Tempted to return the Hero and go for TP2.... I have just one more week to decide....

Old 11-23-2009, 07:43 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by lordhelmet View Post

I got mine from Sprint, and have not had the not receiving sms issues. However, my battery life sucks more than any WM phone I ever had. There are other things that I am still annoyed with, but I am trying to be patient and just trying to learn the thing. One thing I figured out is syncing with my Outlook and Gmail contacts made the phone way more laggy than it already is. I have only my Outlook (Phone) contacts now and it seems to be working better. For the record, I have several friends who had trouble getting sms with their G1s when they first came out. I'm gonna try and stick it out with Android, but got a chance to play with the TP2 and that thing is a BEAST. Tempted to return the Hero and go for TP2.... I have just one more week to decide....
i love them both, i have the tp2 and the droid eris (eris hero for most part) i like the eris better and dont experience any lag, i have 300 less mah in my battery and still only needing around 15 minutes to make it through the day in normal heavy use like i do to my devices.... the battery seems to be the same as the tp2 so going to try that out and see what that does for the battery life if it will fit since slimmer than the hero and the battery cover already rests pretty dang close to the battery. did you do the new firmware update the other day by any chance as well? also i would stick with it to tell the truth and it will get faster, have you rooted and tried custom roms at all? the tp2 is a great and sexy phone but having a phone of smaller size can be nice at the same time as well.... and remember that tp2 is going to cost you extra money to upgrade too unless you get a nice rep...
Old 11-24-2009, 05:11 PM
Still Learning
Mobile Model: Touch Pro, Hero
Mobile Carrier: Sprint Ahead

View lordhelmet's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View lordhelmet's Photo Album Add lordhelmet's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Where did you get your HERO

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

i love them both, i have the tp2 and the droid eris (eris hero for most part) i like the eris better and dont experience any lag, i have 300 less mah in my battery and still only needing around 15 minutes to make it through the day in normal heavy use like i do to my devices.... the battery seems to be the same as the tp2 so going to try that out and see what that does for the battery life if it will fit since slimmer than the hero and the battery cover already rests pretty dang close to the battery. did you do the new firmware update the other day by any chance as well? also i would stick with it to tell the truth and it will get faster, have you rooted and tried custom roms at all? the tp2 is a great and sexy phone but having a phone of smaller size can be nice at the same time as well.... and remember that tp2 is going to cost you extra money to upgrade too unless you get a nice rep...
Yeah, I most likely will stick with Android for at least the year til my next upgrade. The TP2 would cost me and additional $150, and that is pretty significant. I did do the firmware update a couple days ago, and that might of helped speed it up a little too. I haven't gotten into custom ROMs yet either. And have not rooted it. I read somewhere that if you did the firmware update, that you could not root the phone afterward?

Post New ThreadReply

Tags
hero