Notices

Kaos's **** Sprint Custom rom Build 420 Take 2

Windows Mobile - COOKED ROM RELEASES

Post New ThreadReply

Old 07-04-2008, 12:34 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Mogul

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View mastermarc22's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View mastermarc22's Photo Album Add mastermarc22's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Kaos's **** Sprint Custom rom Build 420 Take 2

So i've had this rom for a while and for a while all was well. Yesterday I opened up internet explorer and google loaded, but no matter what address i went to or typed in it just reloaded google.

So i restarted it, and it gave me the tricolor bootloader. Reflashing it I was able to get it to boot again, only for it to go back to the bootloader after a reset again. After reflashing it AGAIN, it stayed for a bit but there was no signal to the towers. Not only that, but the contacts and phone were "gone". Clicking the green phone button does nothing. Data connection was still there and still worked.

Also, unable to sync or connect to the computer.

And then this morning it brought me back to the tricolor screen.

I went ahead and ordered a replacement phone since i have the insurance and i wanted a new battery and my usb port was messed up anyway, but i was wondering if you guys had any ideas, i could just turn it into a wifi device if nothing else.
Old 07-04-2008, 12:38 PM
ADMIN-Watch what you say!
Mobile Model: Touch PRO2, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: On the NOW Network
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 6,030 Times in 1,977 Posts

View BiG JeW's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BiG JeW's Photo Album Add BiG JeW's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I would run the IOTA in the EXTENDED ROM section! I would install that cab. soft reset. then go to start/setting/phone/then click the internet, then click get settings. Let that do its configuration. then when its done try opening the internet browser again and search normally.

Old 07-04-2008, 01:50 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by mastermarc22 View Post

So i've had this rom for a while and for a while all was well. Yesterday I opened up internet explorer and google loaded, but no matter what address i went to or typed in it just reloaded google.

So i restarted it, and it gave me the tricolor bootloader. Reflashing it I was able to get it to boot again, only for it to go back to the bootloader after a reset again. After reflashing it AGAIN, it stayed for a bit but there was no signal to the towers. Not only that, but the contacts and phone were "gone". Clicking the green phone button does nothing. Data connection was still there and still worked.

Also, unable to sync or connect to the computer.

And then this morning it brought me back to the tricolor screen.

I went ahead and ordered a replacement phone since i have the insurance and i wanted a new battery and my usb port was messed up anyway, but i was wondering if you guys had any ideas, i could just turn it into a wifi device if nothing else.
well laso the charging port problem leads to what you are going through..... and the iota cab would be your best bet as jew said.
Old 07-04-2008, 04:17 PM
kaos kaos is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: Htc Touch Pro 1 & 2
Mobile Carrier: Kaos
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 3,590 Times in 1,164 Posts
Uploads: 1

View kaos's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View kaos's Photo Album Add kaos's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

the charge port issue comes from i bet not using the adapter.we all have done that and learned from it
Old 07-04-2008, 04:19 PM

View BiG JeW's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BiG JeW's Photo Album Add BiG JeW's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by kaos View Post

the charge port issue comes from i bet not using the adapter.we all have done that and learned from it
correct and agreed!

Old 07-05-2008, 05:34 PM

View mastermarc22's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View mastermarc22's Photo Album Add mastermarc22's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

what adapter would this be? I certainly as hell don't want to go through this again. Is it that angled thing i've seen?

Anyway, after the reflash and while the phone was temporarily working (not for calling) internet and other data services worked normally, so the iota cab probably won't do anything.

Its probably just my phone bein messed up, just wanted to see if anyone had any experience like this and was able to fix it so maybe i could use it as more than an unreliable wifi device.
Old 07-05-2008, 05:41 PM

what adapter would this be? I certainly as hell don't want to go through this again. Is it that angled thing i've seen?

Anyway, after the reflash and while the phone was temporarily working (not for calling) internet and other data services worked normally, so the iota cab probably won't do anything.

Its probably just my phone bein messed up, just wanted to see if anyone had any experience like this and was able to fix it so maybe i could use it as more than an unreliable wifi device.
the adaptor he is discussing is a splitter that will go from what looks like a regular Mini-USB male cable into the correct male cable for the phone. If you have the box for it, its included in it!

Old 07-05-2008, 05:50 PM

ah yes i have that, i stopped using it once i realized regular usb fits, but yeah i suppose it would make it less prone to breakage.
Old 07-05-2008, 08:37 PM

ah yes i have that, i stopped using it once i realized regular usb fits, but yeah i suppose it would make it less prone to breakage.
I STRONGLY reccomend using the spliter as I mysef learned the hardway, yes the regular will fit and charge, but over time you KILL the PINS inside the phone where the cable grabs charge from.!

Old 07-06-2008, 09:30 AM

View kaos's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View kaos's Photo Album Add kaos's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by BiG JeW View Post

I STRONGLY reccomend using the spliter as I mysef learned the hardway, yes the regular will fit and charge, but over time you KILL the PINS inside the phone where the cable grabs charge from.!
yes i learned the hard way as well....lol also i have my kitchen fired up to fix issues today..its early now 10:30am. i have the day off and am determined to pump take 3 out......so stay tuned.
Old 07-06-2008, 11:08 AM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro &Touch
Mobile Carrier: Sprint PCS

View deadheart's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View deadheart's Photo Album Add deadheart's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

at least now i know why my mogul wont charge with any usb cable anymore... now i have to use the dongler adapter... can the pins be gentley pulled up again? and is this a prob with the touch/vogue as well?
Old 07-06-2008, 11:29 AM

“ Originally Posted by deadheart View Post

at least now i know why my mogul wont charge with any usb cable anymore... now i have to use the dongler adapter... can the pins be gentley pulled up again? and is this a prob with the touch/vogue as well?
ya the 6700 had same issue as well...just a design flaw.....

p.s. take 3 looks finally ready for final release....will be posting up shortly.
Old 07-06-2008, 12:43 PM
Mobile Model: G1
Mobile Carrier: T-Mobile
Mobile OS: 6.1

View kudvu002's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View kudvu002's Photo Album Add kudvu002's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

p.s. take 3 looks finally ready for final release....will be posting up shortly.
man i wasat the grocery store when i read this, i let out a big yes and everybody just kinda looked at me funny! cant for the release!

edit: like today? or sometime this week?
Old 07-06-2008, 01:15 PM
Mobile Model: TP
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 2,840 Times in 1,141 Posts

View TweetyBear's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View TweetyBear's Photo Album Add TweetyBear's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

can't wait for this! been itching to flash
Old 07-06-2008, 01:16 PM

“ Originally Posted by TweetyBear View Post

can't wait for this! been itching to flash
good to hear.......finishing up small details but it will be up today.....
Old 07-06-2008, 01:46 PM

View kudvu002's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View kudvu002's Photo Album Add kudvu002's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

good to hear.......finishing up small details but it will be up today.....
thats hype, theres gonna be so many tytns in the bootloader screen! man just knowing your favorite crack is about to hit the streets in a new flavor, shits fire
Old 07-06-2008, 02:16 PM

Kaos you know you get a beta tester waiting for ya!

Old 07-06-2008, 04:25 PM

“ Originally Posted by BiG JeW View Post

Kaos you know you get a beta tester waiting for ya!
im my biggest beta of em all..I really think its ready for final....making two versions..you will see threads done just uping nbh files as i type....soon to post.
Old 07-06-2008, 04:42 PM

im my biggest beta of em all..I really think its ready for final....making two versions..you will see threads done just uping nbh files as i type....soon to post.
you guys gotta help me my 6800 is getting cold and starting to get the cold sweats. i dont know whats going on i think its having a withdraw but there not a fix in site, somehow it heard about take 3 and has been dying. i just walked in the room and there it was opera opened up browsing away...does anybody know of a mogul rehab for this problem?
Old 07-06-2008, 05:39 PM
Mobile Model: Sprint Touch Pro

View Moebius's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Moebius's Photo Album Add Moebius's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Excellent timeing. I was just thinking about trying another rom, or reflashing take 2 again. Now I just have to wait a wee bit longer.

Old 07-06-2008, 05:41 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by Moebius View Post

Excellent timeing. I was just thinking about trying another rom, or reflashing take 2 again. Now I just have to wait a wee bit longer.
just released.
Old 07-07-2008, 04:48 AM
Mobile Model: SPRINT HTC TOUCH

View HIGHDEF360's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View HIGHDEF360's Photo Album Add HIGHDEF360's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

ok I flashed my phone with this rom....Everything was ok until it restarted and gets stuck on KAOS EDITION where that lil guy is giving the finger....I have tried hard reset soft reset and nothing happens...I cant get and active sync because it does not go any further....what do I do please help...I have the sprint MOGUL this rom is for the mogul right
Old 07-07-2008, 11:51 AM

“ Originally Posted by HIGHDEF360 View Post

ok I flashed my phone with this rom....Everything was ok until it restarted and gets stuck on KAOS EDITION where that lil guy is giving the finger....I have tried hard reset soft reset and nothing happens...I cant get and active sync because it does not go any further....what do I do please help...I have the sprint MOGUL this rom is for the mogul right
yea its for the mogul! what ROM did you have before you flashed? Did you unlock with olpiro unlocker 2.40 then Flash to Kaos Take 2? we need more info!

Old 07-21-2008, 11:04 PM
Mobile Model: HtC ToUcH PrIzZo 2

Thanked 5,534 Times in 1,710 Posts

View GokuSS3's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View GokuSS3's Photo Album Add GokuSS3's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Recently Flashed this rom , noticed the other day when i going some and gonna use Sprint Nav that it is not on there.... There anyway to download it or should i just go with one of the many Navigations apps out there ?
Old 07-22-2008, 03:39 AM
Mobile Model: ppc 6800

View mfrankl6's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View mfrankl6's Photo Album Add mfrankl6's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I want to say thanks to the whole SPJ crew. I uploaded the Koas's **** Sprint Custom rom Build 420 Take 2 when he released it and it is the best I have seen and used so far. You guys have skills to put these together so well. I like the ease of flashing the roms so you don't get stuck with the factory crap! SPJ is where its at.

Couple days ago I tried to upload this rom again. It was a bad flash and I got stuck on the splash screen. Usually I use the wmwifirouter on my phone to give me internet any where.
This was not the case I flew into a new city no wifi points anywhere without having to pay. I found a nearest starbucks location searched the thread for unbricking ppc 6800 and you guys came through again. Unbricked my phone and reflashed I am back on the net and I have this cool ass rom on my phone again.
Old 03-22-2009, 07:40 PM
Mobile Model: htc mogul
Mobile Carrier: cricket wireless

View oyebee's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View oyebee's Photo Album Add oyebee's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Kaoss **** Sprint Custom rom Build 420 Take 2

can this rom be work for cricket wireless? with addition of carrier cab and stuff
Old 03-22-2009, 07:46 PM

“ Originally Posted by oyebee View Post

can this rom be work for cricket wireless? with addition of carrier cab and stuff
it will run but you have to run carrier cab and possibly set up internet and mms again.
Old 08-01-2009, 11:21 PM
Mobile Model: SPRINT HTC MOGUL

View brandon85l's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View brandon85l's Photo Album Add brandon85l's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

How do i download the rom!!!??? ALL I SEE IS THE THREADS
The Following User Says Thank You to brandon85l For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2009, 11:28 PM
Mobile Model: HtC ToUcH PrIzZo 2

Thanked 5,534 Times in 1,710 Posts

View GokuSS3's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View GokuSS3's Photo Album Add GokuSS3's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Kaoss Sprint Custom rom Build 420 Take 2

“ Originally Posted by brandon85l View Post

How do i download the rom!!!??? ALL I SEE IS THE THREADS
Hi and Welcome to the site Please Read the Noob guide here on the site. And here is a link that will answer all your questions about flashing a rom.

Code

https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/flashing-roms-custom-t153750.html?t=153750&highlight=FLASHING+ROMS
The link to download will be in the first post also.

Old 08-24-2009, 10:07 PM
Mobile Carrier: sprint
Mobile OS: 5.0

View junkhead01's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View junkhead01's Photo Album Add junkhead01's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

if you have a more recent radio on the phone, will this still work?
Old 08-24-2009, 10:15 PM

“ Originally Posted by junkhead01 View Post

if you have a more recent radio on the phone, will this still work?
as long as you radio is above 3.35 you will be fine.... any lower of a radio and you wont have the capability to use gps and risk bricking your device from having it to not any more.... (screen wont turn back on after goes to sleep.)
Old 08-27-2009, 04:26 PM

View junkhead01's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View junkhead01's Photo Album Add junkhead01's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

well i unlocked my phone, took it out of the boot loader, ran the RUU with the kaos take 2 nbh file in it. It restarted, now it wont load. Its stuck on the screen with the kid giving me the finger. Anyone else have this problem, or a solution to it?
Old 08-27-2009, 04:28 PM

well i unlocked my phone, took it out of the boot loader, ran the RUU with the kaos take 2 nbh file in it. It restarted, now it wont load. Its stuck on the screen with the kid giving me the finger. Anyone else have this problem, or a solution to it?
when your phone boots what does it say next to the R: in the lower right corner in red.
Old 08-27-2009, 04:31 PM

do i perhaps hard reset after flashing? haha
Old 08-27-2009, 04:35 PM

do i perhaps hard reset after flashing? haha
how about you answer my question above cause i bet you have the wrong radio on your phone meaning you have a non gps radio
Old 08-27-2009, 07:34 PM

radio is 3.42.02, i thought i needed 3.35 or higher correct
Old 08-27-2009, 07:35 PM

Re: Kaoss Sprint Custom rom Build 420 Take 2

radio is 3.42.02, i thought i needed 3.35 or higher correct
try take 3...this is old bro.
The Following User Says Thank You to kaos For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2009, 07:45 PM

that was my next step, on the take 3 thread it was suggested that if you didnt have take 2 youd have to do something which i had no desire to do.

--------- New Post Merged on 27/8/2009 at 0836 --------

im new to this smartphone stuff, how do i get the apps on my phone, do i download them directly via my phones web connect or by some other means?
Old 08-27-2009, 07:58 PM

dude stop flooding...wait till your question is answered... this is a warning.
Old 12-10-2009, 12:27 AM
Mobile Model: ppc6800

View AUCHAUCH's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View AUCHAUCH's Photo Album Add AUCHAUCH's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Kaoss Sprint Custom rom Build 420 Take 2

*admin removed* spamming the board is not a good idea.
Old 12-19-2009, 06:12 PM
Mobile Model: 7607129295

View xxxgeooegxxx's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View xxxgeooegxxx's Photo Album Add xxxgeooegxxx's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Newblinkie Re Kaoss **** Sprint Custom rom Build 420 Take 2

Hey kaos I just wanted to say i saw your custom rom on you tube and thought my htc 6800 was a piece of poop till I saw your rom cant wait to get it on my phone!! thanks a ton
Old 12-19-2009, 06:24 PM
Mobile Model: touch pro

Thanked 1,383 Times in 489 Posts

View parna1973's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View parna1973's Photo Album Add parna1973's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Re Kaoss Sprint Custom rom Build 420 Take 2

“ Originally Posted by xxxgeooegxxx View Post

Hey kaos I just wanted to say i saw your custom rom on you tube and thought my htc 6800 was a piece of poop till I saw your rom cant wait to get it on my phone!! thanks a ton
Same here when i had my mogul no doubt it changed the sloppiness and looks on phone....just make sure to follow flashing tutorial to install new rom also make sure phone is unlocked....good luck

Old 12-19-2009, 06:26 PM

View xxxgeooegxxx's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View xxxgeooegxxx's Photo Album Add xxxgeooegxxx's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Newblinkie Re Kaoss **** Sprint Custom rom Build 420 Take 2

All I ever installed was this freestyle crap took me a bit but it worked (well kinda) I have no clue if my phone is unlocked or how to do that?
Old 12-19-2009, 06:32 PM
Mobile Model: touch pro

Thanked 1,383 Times in 489 Posts

View parna1973's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View parna1973's Photo Album Add parna1973's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

All I ever installed was this freestyle crap took me a bit but it worked (well kinda) I have no clue if my phone is unlocked or how to do that?
Dont worry gotta start one day...lol just download rom and follow instruction on how to....Search and read will get u pretty far...hope this helps..

Code

https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/f496/flashing-roms-custom-stock-153750/

Old 12-19-2009, 06:33 PM

Icon9 Re Kaoss **** Sprint Custom rom Build 420 Take 2

Yeah I am learning alittle thanks alot for that little push

--------- New Post Merged on 19/12/2009 at 0749 --------

I have a question do you have to post 15 times before you can get rom or how does that work. sorry about asking i feel pretty lame
Old 12-19-2009, 06:40 PM

Re: Re Kaoss **** Sprint Custom rom Build 420 Take 2

Yeah I am learning alittle thanks alot for that little push

--------- New Post Merged on 19/12/2009 at 0749 --------

I have a question do you have to post 15 times before you can get rom or how does that work. sorry about asking i feel pretty lame
naw you can download roms right off the bat.... go to the roms area and use the links like rapidshare and magaupload and others to download the rom. remember you need to unlcok your device using the hardspl unlcoker before flashing a custom rom
Old 01-01-2010, 07:00 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Mogul 6800

View bk2dafullest1's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View bk2dafullest1's Photo Album Add bk2dafullest1's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Kaoss **** Sprint Custom rom Build 420 Take 2

Thanks for this post, new to this site saw you on Youtube decided to join seemed like a cool site.
Old 01-01-2010, 07:11 PM
Mobile Model: TOUCHpro2

Thanked 6,709 Times in 2,216 Posts

View jr5416's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jr5416's Photo Album Add jr5416's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by bk2dafullest1 View Post

Thanks for this post, new to this site saw you on Youtube decided to join seemed like a cool site.
Make sure u make a member intro , you posting in the wrong thread

Post New ThreadReply

Tags
420, build, custom, fuck, kaos, rom, sprint