Old 01-15-2008, 01:41 AM
iamdasht19 iamdasht19 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
REV A FOR TOUCH AKA VOGUE AKA 6900 AND MOGUL AKA 6800 AKA Titan

well my boy who works at corporate just called me and i got off the phone with him all of 5 minutes ago with much delight. the corporate office that he works at had a meeting today on the rev a update. what he found out was very promising and got me soooooo excited!!! the expected launch date for the REV A rom for the mogul and the vogue is supposed to be on the 28th of Janurary !!!!!!!! that means 13 days from now!!! this will quicken the EVDO speeds for the net as well as activate the GPS antennas in the phone so we will have working gps on our phones!!!! this is only the expected release date since we all know how sprint can be with the releases coming out on time and all but i will keep my fingers crossed and knock on wood. the only thing i wish i would have seen in this update is WM 6.1. they said that they werent going to release this in the initial REV A update at this moment of thought but could happen because they have made a rom with both WM6 and WM 6.1. the only thought i would see bad about 6.1 would be if it didnt support all the apps that are already out there and cracked here for us at SPJ. but most likely they will still work from what i have read into it. just wanted to pass the information on to all my friends here at SPJ to give you the heads up and something to look forward to in the near future/ so let the countdown began... we are at 13 more days as of right now lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2008, 08:14 AM
Mobile Model: touch pro
Mobile Carrier: sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

View louiedoesit's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View louiedoesit's Photo Album Add louiedoesit's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: REV A FOR TOUCH AKA VOGUE AKA 6900 AND MOGUL AKA 6800 AKA Titan

Awesome news man.. A quick question for newbie of course.. How will this update happen on the phone. Is this something we will see on our phones happening or is this something have to take to store update with theme.
thanks again for the feed back
Louie

Old 01-15-2008, 09:18 AM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch

View normb8s's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View normb8s's Photo Album Add normb8s's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

best news ever. we all prayin that this goes down. Thx for the low down dash.

Old 01-15-2008, 02:54 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by louiedoesit View Post

Awesome news man.. A quick question for newbie of course.. How will this update happen on the phone. Is this something we will see on our phones happening or is this something have to take to store update with theme.
thanks again for the feed back
Louie

this is a new rom update so you have to flash the new rom onto the phone.... you just download from either here or the htc website and than you donwload and run from your computer. you lose everythign on your phone so be sure to backup the important stuff. and you can only run the backup for your contacts and messages since flashing to a new rom will make the registry different so you will have to reinstall your programs.

“ Originally Posted by normb8s View Post

best news ever. we all prayin that this goes down. Thx for the low down dash.
no problem will keep you informed as i hear more from him..... it best come out on time but im not keeping my hopes high since this is sprint that we are talking bout. lol
Old 01-15-2008, 05:12 PM
Mobile Model: Sprint HTC Touch

View jethro_static's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jethro_static's Photo Album Add jethro_static's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Awesome!!! The only thing left is the WI-FI!!!
Old 01-15-2008, 05:22 PM

View normb8s's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View normb8s's Photo Album Add normb8s's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I don't think wifi is gonna happen except if u buy one of the micro wifi sd adapters. Ive seen them and they aint pretty either. esspecially for the touch cuz us vouge owners have that chrome flap that would have to be down in order for it to work cuz the wifi micro cards are longer than regular micro sdhc cards. But hey anything is possible i guess.

Old 01-15-2008, 05:25 PM
Mobile Model: Htc Touch Pro 1 & 2
Mobile Carrier: Kaos
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 3,590 Times in 1,164 Posts
Uploads: 1

View kaos's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View kaos's Photo Album Add kaos's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Dude this is awesome.I hope they fixed the roam issue on the mogul as well.If not theres always alltels radio.Crossing my fingers in excitement.GPS!!! wooh who.
Old 01-15-2008, 05:34 PM

View jethro_static's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jethro_static's Photo Album Add jethro_static's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i've been searching about touch's WI-FI. I read that someone called HTC and ask about the WI-FI on CDMA version of touch. They claim that there is no WI-FI on the CDMA version. But, another guy opened his touch and found 3 antena's inside. 1 for phone signal, 1 for GPS and the last one is for? hmmmm.
Sprint will spend a lot of money just to remove the WI-FI chip on the device that HTC manufactured. It is easier to just disable it just like what they did for the GPS. I don't know but if I own sprint, I will do the same thing. I will not give you everything in the phone because then, It will take you 5 years to upgrade your phone. Disabling features will keep you upgrading atleast every 2 years. Coz you will look for a phone that has what your current phone doesn't. Don't you think so?
Old 01-15-2008, 05:51 PM

I don't think wifi is gonna happen except if u buy one of the micro wifi sd adapters. Ive seen them and they aint pretty either. esspecially for the touch cuz us vouge owners have that chrome flap that would have to be down in order for it to work cuz the wifi micro cards are longer than regular micro sdhc cards. But hey anything is possible i guess.
Micro SD WI-FI adapters are useless I guess. You will have to remove your regular micro SD just to go online.
Old 01-15-2008, 05:52 PM

“ Originally Posted by jethro_static View Post

i've been searching about touch's WI-FI. I read that someone called HTC and ask about the WI-FI on CDMA version of touch. They claim that there is no WI-FI on the CDMA version. But, another guy opened his touch and found 3 antena's inside. 1 for phone signal, 1 for GPS and the last one is for? hmmmm.
Sprint will spend a lot of money just to remove the WI-FI chip on the device that HTC manufactured. It is easier to just disable it just like what they did for the GPS. I don't know but if I own sprint, I will do the same thing. I will not give you everything in the phone because then, It will take you 5 years to upgrade your phone. Disabling features will keep you upgrading atleast every 2 years. Coz you will look for a phone that has what your current phone doesn't. Don't you think so?
lol word on the comments and all. i cant wait the wifi is a dead cause on the touch. they did take it out i got ballsy and took apart my cdma sprint touch and there is only two antennas in there the regular one and the gps one so wifi isnt ever going to happen on the touch cdma version through sprint unless you decide to get the wifi card that goes into the micro sd slot of the phone. so if you want wifi you will have to do that or get the mogul lol....... wifi wont be that bifg of a deal though when the rev a is released because the speeds are really close to wifi if not faster. i know since i already have rev a on my touch lol.
Old 01-15-2008, 06:01 PM

So you already have the update huh?...hmmmm that's not fair! LOL
Old 01-15-2008, 06:07 PM

“ Originally Posted by jethro_static View Post

So you already have the update huh?...hmmmm that's not fair! LOL
ive had it since i got my touch 2 months ago... i do beta testing for sprint on alot of their roms and projects. they also send me free phones to test and all when they come out.... i got lucky and just received a call one day and they asked if i was wanting to do it so i tild them HELL YEAH!!!!!! its awesome but i cant wait for the rev a on the mogul they didnt send me that one yet,
Old 01-15-2008, 06:19 PM

View kaos's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View kaos's Photo Album Add kaos's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i can't imagine rev A being faster then some wifi are capable.My net speed is 15mb down a sec and 8 up.My mogul flys on it.How fast is rev a at max suppose to be?
Old 01-15-2008, 06:32 PM

“ Originally Posted by kaos View Post

i can't imagine rev A being faster then some wifi are capable.My net speed is 15mb down a sec and 8 up.My mogul flys on it.How fast is rev a at max suppose to be?
just ran the test on rev a speeds on my touch and they are coming out at 14mb down a sec and 9 up... so not too shabby if you ask me.
Old 01-15-2008, 06:34 PM

wow amazing
Old 01-15-2008, 06:36 PM

“ Originally Posted by kaos View Post

wow amazing
yeah for sure i was amazed to i knew it was close and all but when i ran the test i was blown away lol...... this is just amazing..... i do have very good evdo in my area though so that may help out a lil..... (EVDO REV A is what its called)
Old 01-15-2008, 06:38 PM

damn that's fast. There aint gonna really be a need for wifi really wit them speeds. Just hope u got Rev A in your neighborhood or u are fukkked. Ive got EVDO coverage here and its pretty fast. pretty close to my wifi speeds i use to get on my MDA so I aint complaining.

Oh yea dash let me get this strait. If you have EVDO coverage in your area. Are you pretty much guaranteed access to Rev A speeds?

Old 01-15-2008, 06:41 PM

The CDMA version of the HTC Touch (Dubbed as HTC Vogue) has been approved by FCC for release in US market; since there are 2 CDMA carriers, we are not sure whether Sprint or Verizon will get the device.

Of course the HTC Touch is known for its TouchFlo interface (finger-friendly) that runs on top of Windows Mobile 6.

In addition to the features of the HTC Touch, the HTC Vogue will offer 3G or EV-DV Rev-A in this case as well as a GPS chip.

The specs of HTC Vogue:

Networks - CDMA 1x-EVDO RevA, 800/1900 MHz
Operating system - Windows Mobile 6 Professional, TouchFLO interface
Chipset - Qualcomm MSM7500 (CPU 400 MHz)
Display – 2.8” touchscreen 240×320 pixels
128 MB RAM, 256 MB ROM
Bluetooth, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g <--WHAT'S THIS?
GPS/gpsOne
2-megapixel camera
Battery - 1150 mAh”

http://solsie.com/htc-touch-cdma-htc...tore-near-you/

http://www.pdasnews.com/articles/2891/1/

This was posted june of last year. I guess sprint removed WI-FI and replaced it with EV-DO. Your right dash. WI-FI is a dead case for touch. The reason I like WI-FI is because you can use the phone online even though The phone is disconnected. it's not just about speed. Thanks for the info.
Old 01-15-2008, 06:43 PM

damn that's fast. There aint gonna really be a need for wifi really wit them speeds. Just hope u got Rev A in your neighborhood or u are fukkked. Ive got EVDO coverage here and its pretty fast. pretty close to my wifi speeds i use to get on my MDA so I aint complaining.

Oh yea dash let me get this strait. If you have EVDO coverage in your area. Are you pretty much guaranteed access to Rev A speeds?
yes the update is called EVDO REV A
Old 01-29-2008, 01:30 PM

View dstjohn's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View dstjohn's Photo Album Add dstjohn's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Well, I don't see anything. Anybody else find this update for the Mogul or Touch?
Old 01-29-2008, 02:54 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

View fanaticny's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View fanaticny's Photo Album Add fanaticny's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

how did you get Rev A in your Touch Dash?, i thought the release leak was only for the mogul, im confused now please explain
Old 01-29-2008, 03:41 PM

“ Originally Posted by fanaticny View Post

how did you get Rev A in your Touch Dash?, i thought the release leak was only for the mogul, im confused now please explain
you just got to know the right people and agree to be a beta tester for certain things and that you test whatever they send you. and for me it happened to be the touch and not the mogul.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:04 AM
Mobile Model: HTC 6900

View vb6josh's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View vb6josh's Photo Album Add vb6josh's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I love my newly activated GPS on my sprint TOUCH. Google maps and the my location option is too cool.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
6800, 6900, aka, mogul, rev, titan, touch, vogue