Sprint 6800 and Verizon 6800

PPC 6800 Questions

Post New ThreadReply

Old 03-15-2008, 01:12 AM
johnma69 johnma69 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: htc 6800

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View johnma69's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View johnma69's Photo Album Add johnma69's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Sprint 6800 and Verizon 6800

Yo, First let me say BIG thanks to the people who make this happen. The software and help are the best around! I just finished updating my Sprint 6800 with the new rom Worked Great!! syncd, installed, done! Now I'm on the wifeys verizon editon, Not going as well. Im trying it from my pc that I installed the sprint rom update, don't think that makes a difference but wanted to let you know. Made the Async connection, ran titan unlocker, got the msg and correct info showing. Unplugged and reconnected, the new rev a started installing. progress bar came up on the 6800 made it to around 10% and said "invalid vendor id". What do I do now. I'm not trying to add a custom rom just the rev a that is out by htc. Is it not working becasue its a Verizon model and I have to load a custom rom? What if I don't want a custom rom and just want the GPS enabled. If this has been addressed I'm sorry but she is standing over me with a Bat! = \

Please i need help!
Old 03-15-2008, 01:22 AM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Sprint 6800 and Verizon 6800

“ Originally Posted by johnma69 View Post

Yo, First let me say BIG thanks to the people who make this happen. The software and help are the best around! I just finished updating my Sprint 6800 with the new rom Worked Great!! syncd, installed, done! Now I'm on the wifeys verizon editon, Not going as well. Im trying it from my pc that I installed the sprint rom update, don't think that makes a difference but wanted to let you know. Made the Async connection, ran titan unlocker, got the msg and correct info showing. Unplugged and reconnected, the new rev a started installing. progress bar came up on the 6800 made it to around 10% and said "invalid vendor id". What do I do now. I'm not trying to add a custom rom just the rev a that is out by htc. Is it not working becasue its a Verizon model and I have to load a custom rom? What if I don't want a custom rom and just want the GPS enabled. If this has been addressed I'm sorry but she is standing over me with a Bat!
Please i need help!
you have to unlock the phone and make sure that the phones bootloader aka rainbow screen says olipro 2.40....... and if it does try to reflash. its gonna act like it doesnt connect to activesync but you will still hear the nconnect sound and try to reflash..... if the bootloader is different tell me what number it says and than flash to a stock verizon rom and than relock and than try to reflash.
Old 03-15-2008, 01:56 AM
johnma69 johnma69 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: htc 6800

View johnma69's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View johnma69's Photo Album Add johnma69's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Ran titan unlocker, made it to the rainbow screen and that shows SPL-1.10.0lipro. I hit okay the rom update loads . I hit the check boxes and get to the update from section and mine shows Nothing in the top on Image version and at the bottom "to image version" it shows Titan-Hard SPL.

This has changed sometimes it shows the image version and sometimes it doesn't. If it does show it, the update fails with invalid vendor id. If nothing is shown the unlocker works, loads the rom update, it takes all of 5 seconds to get to 100%, the phone reboots and we are still the same as before. I have also tried to relock the phone with titan_exitbl and sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

This is the version the phone is at now.
Verzion 2.09.605.8

Any thoughts or help is greatly appreciated!

I love Sprint!! and I hate Verizon!!!
Old 03-15-2008, 02:52 AM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by johnma69 View Post

Ran titan unlocker, made it to the rainbow screen and that shows SPL-1.10.0lipro. I hit okay the rom update loads . I hit the check boxes and get to the update from section and mine shows Nothing in the top on Image version and at the bottom "to image version" it shows Titan-Hard SPL.

This has changed sometimes it shows the image version and sometimes it doesn't. If it does show it, the update fails with invalid vendor id. If nothing is shown the unlocker works, loads the rom update, it takes all of 5 seconds to get to 100%, the phone reboots and we are still the same as before. I have also tried to relock the phone with titan_exitbl and sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

This is the version the phone is at now.
Verzion 2.09.605.8

Any thoughts or help is greatly appreciated!

I love Sprint!! and I hate Verizon!!!
lol what you wil have to do is relock the phone using the titan relock tool and than flash the stock verizon rom back onto it and the phone should boot. than you will have to run the hardspl unlocker so the bootloader shows 2.40 and than once you do that you will be able to flash this rom onto it if you still want to. also if you cant get it for 60 buck shipped backed to you i will fix it and mod it out making it look bad!!!!!!!!!! just throwing that so you know you have options... hopefully you get it so your not on the couch for too long.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
6800, sprint, verizon