Old 12-31-2009, 02:48 AM
iamdasht19 iamdasht19 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
[RUU] RUU_Hero_C_Sprint_1.56.651.2_signed_release.exe

Today I was reminded that being nice to people can pay off! I was lucky enough to get my hands on the new Sprint RUU thanks to syscrasher13!

What is this?

What can I do with it?

• You can use this to "unroot" your phone before sending it in for warranty work.
  • Use it to flash back to stock if you are having any random issues on your phone that you can't fix.
  • It can 100% flash your phone back to how it came from the factory. As long as your phone turns on at all (even if it's not booting) then you should be able to save it by using this.
  • This means your phone is virtually unbrickable, unless you go flashing a radio or SPL or something that you shouldn't.
  • You can flash this on a phone that originally came with 1.29 on it, just know that once you do you will no longer be able to use the 1.29 RUU. You will have to use this one.

How do I use it?

1. Download the file below and run the exe.
  2. Go in to the folder that the exe created and run ARUWizard.exe

What else do I need to know?
  • The phone is still rootable. I tested it successfully using the auto-rooter in the pre-kitchen.
  • Fresh ROM still works just fine (as should any 1.56 based rom)
  • You will not be able to use the 1.29 RUU after this one, but I don't know of any reason that you would want to
  • Although some img's in the RUU have different dates than the original it appears that they are identical other than system.img
  • You don't need to run this unless you are trying to return your phone to stock. You won't get anything special from running it.

Download here: Download: RUU_Hero_C_Sprint_1.56.651.2 signed release.exe Geek For Me – Android CDMA Sprint Hero

i take no credit for this and was originally found here:

Code

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=103776
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
ruu