Post New ThreadReply

Old 11-12-2009, 09:21 PM
Supporter
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro/HERO
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: Android

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View forty01's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View forty01's Photo Album Add forty01's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Waze (beta) (Freeware)

Hey Dash, when you get your Droid, try running it on there and then you can find out if has anything to do with location, data, and so forth. I ran this on my TP when it 1st came out and it ran w/o probs. Running it on Android has been spectacular, no problems at all. I think I mentioned this in the beginning of the thread and Roopull mentioned it again. This app is not what I use to find a location and get directions to. It can do that, but not with capabilities of other Navigation programs. However, it is a great program to communicate with your community on what the roads are looking like. If I know where I'm going, then I just run Waze and I can feel a little better about what I might run into on the way there I also, mentioned earlier in this thread how fast the communities are growing. I hoped on Waze from almost the beginning and I hardly saw any posts being relayed, but now it's all over the place and this program has not been out forever, but growing exponentially. Hey Roopull, with you being on the road all the time and no outlets, you can go pick up a portable charger. They run $50 or so and work great. Could be a good investment for yourself considering. I would, but that's just me

Old 11-12-2009, 09:58 PM
Addict
Mobile Model: Touch Pro
Mobile OS: 6.1

View roopull's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View roopull's Photo Album Add roopull's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Waze (beta (Freeware

“ Originally Posted by forty01 View Post

Hey Roopull, with you being on the road all the time and no outlets, you can go pick up a portable charger. They run $50 or so and work great. Could be a good investment for yourself considering. I would, but that's just me
Are you referring to the little chargers that run on AA batteries? If so, I have one, but only use it for emergencies.

As a side note, before long, I'll be at the top of the user rankings.
Old 11-12-2009, 10:09 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by roopull View Post

For those of you who have it working well, you can make custom icons. They're just .png files. I made one that's a cartoony overhead of my van.

D/\SH, I'm thinking it's probably the ROM you're running. Wasn't that the issue, earlier?

I'm on a boring ole' stock Sprint ROM, myself.
naw it was working on mighty than stopped working and tried on all the different roms including ones people have it running on and wont work for me in my area and i know im doing it right now too... im just gonna give up on this app i think... not worth the troubles for some silly stupid points.
Old 11-12-2009, 10:22 PM
Supporter

View forty01's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View forty01's Photo Album Add forty01's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Like I said above, Dash, just try it on your Droid and then see how it runs for ya.
Naw Roopull, I'm referring to a $50 portable charger. Slightly bigger, you can charge it with AC and then get two full charges or run your phone while connected to it. Best Buy actually gave me Best Buy money for purchasing my Plasma through them and I used that to purchase my charger there. It's $50-$70, in the cell phone section. You can get it at other electronic stores, like Fry's and so forth. Good Luck to both of you.

Old 11-12-2009, 11:35 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by forty01 View Post

Like I said above, Dash, just try it on your Droid and then see how it runs for ya.
Naw Roopull, I'm referring to a $50 portable charger. Slightly bigger, you can charge it with AC and then get two full charges or run your phone while connected to it. Best Buy actually gave me Best Buy money for purchasing my Plasma through them and I used that to purchase my charger there. It's $50-$70, in the cell phone section. You can get it at other electronic stores, like Fry's and so forth. Good Luck to both of you.
yea i saw them things are you talking the ones trhat charge the phone remotely? they work with the droid eris?
Old 11-14-2009, 01:18 AM
Supporter

Re Waze (beta (Freeware

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

yea i saw them things are you talking the ones trhat charge the phone remotely? they work with the droid eris?
They do and it's not like I need mine all the time, but when you do... it's there for you. For Roopull, he would live off of them based off of GPS running and nothing to charge with, lol

Old 11-14-2009, 06:04 PM
Addict

View roopull's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View roopull's Photo Album Add roopull's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Hey, Thanks Forty01... Adding one of those chargers to my Christmas list. ha ha.
Old 11-14-2009, 08:52 PM

and just a little update for all, on the droid eris all day and waze actually works with it so i am happy and cant wait to get back to using this without the issues i was experiencing on my wm device.
Old 11-14-2009, 09:31 PM
Addict

We'll be expecting a thorough review! lol.
Old 11-14-2009, 09:31 PM

We'll be expecting a thorough review! lol.
of what? the app or the device?
Old 11-14-2009, 09:49 PM
Addict

Yes! Why yes indeed! That'd be nice. LOL... device and/or waze!
Old 11-14-2009, 10:02 PM

Yes! Why yes indeed! That'd be nice. LOL... device and/or waze!
well all about waze has pretty much been discussed until they add something else... but i will give a review on the device once i get a good feel and get it the way that i like.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
beta, freeware, waze