Notices

HTC Vogue (VZW) cant flash rom (please help)

HTC Touch Questions

Post New ThreadReply

Old 03-21-2009, 12:50 PM
egalitarian egalitarian is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: VX6900 HTC Vogue
Mobile Carrier: Verizon
Mobile OS: 6.1

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View egalitarian's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View egalitarian's Photo Album Add egalitarian's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
HTC Vogue (VZW) cant flash rom (please help)

Jesus. This is my first post, and because I included links, it erased my original message. I hate spam as much as anyone else, but I even more hate not being warned and it wasting ten minutes of my time.

OK. So I have Verizon as a service provider and the HTC Vogue. I tried using 0.40 unlocker and 3.21 cokeman unlocker. The problem is that it appears that the ROM flash must take place when the device is in bootloader mode but that when the device is put into bootloader mode by the command prompt scripts, ActiveSync loses its connection with the device and windows XP hardware manager tries to automatically install a "Microsoft USB sync" driver as long as its in bootloader (four color) mode with the temporary version. Also, once in the temporary bootloader mode ready to flash the rom using this software, the only way to get ActiveSync (4.5) to recognize the device is to soft reset back into WM. If I do a Camera+Power+Reset after that point, it reverts back to the on board bootloader version.

So I deduce that the problem is that the updates must happen when in temporary bootloader mode. The problem is ActiveSync loses its connection at the moment it goes into that mode, and the RUU gives me a connection (206) error at that point.

Help???

Also, I'm looking for the best ROM I can find that will turn GPS on and allow me to use this with Google Maps, LiveSearch, and Garmin software. But I'd also like some games and I'd like the cool ROM appearing at Youtube if you search for Verizon Touch or Vogue Modded with REV A GPS and Vista. It'd be awesome to get some classic games like Frogger and Pacman and Digdug or Galaga on here too. Any ROM suggestions?

I'm also not a programmer like most of the people here, so I'm lost by lingo and jargon. I need specifics.

Please help?
Old 03-21-2009, 12:56 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: HTC Vogue (VZW) cant flash rom (please help)

“ Originally Posted by egalitarian View Post

Jesus. This is my first post, and because I included links, it erased my original message. I hate spam as much as anyone else, but I even more hate not being warned and it wasting ten minutes of my time.

OK. So I have Verizon as a service provider and the HTC Vogue. I tried using 0.40 unlocker and 3.21 cokeman unlocker. The problem is that it appears that the ROM flash must take place when the device is in bootloader mode but that when the device is put into bootloader mode by the command prompt scripts, ActiveSync loses its connection with the device and windows XP hardware manager tries to automatically install a "Microsoft USB sync" driver as long as its in bootloader (four color) mode with the temporary version. Also, once in the temporary bootloader mode ready to flash the rom using this software, the only way to get ActiveSync (4.5) to recognize the device is to soft reset back into WM. If I do a Camera+Power+Reset after that point, it reverts back to the on board bootloader version.

So I deduce that the problem is that the updates must happen when in temporary bootloader mode. The problem is ActiveSync loses its connection at the moment it goes into that mode, and the RUU gives me a connection (206) error at that point.

Help???

Also, I'm looking for the best ROM I can find that will turn GPS on and allow me to use this with Google Maps, LiveSearch, and Garmin software. But I'd also like some games and I'd like the cool ROM appearing at Youtube if you search for Verizon Touch or Vogue Modded with REV A GPS and Vista. It'd be awesome to get some classic games like Frogger and Pacman and Digdug or Galaga on here too. Any ROM suggestions?

I'm also not a programmer like most of the people here, so I'm lost by lingo and jargon. I need specifics.

Please help?
first of ll you were warned right when you signed up so dont start going like that and if you dont like it than dont post links or dont visit here. im just being straight up and blunt with your there..... and did you read the flashing guide or did you search for npot connecting during lfash becasue it has been answered beofre... as long as your screen says usb and not serial while in bootloader you are stioll connected and all you have to do is run the ruu sith the nbh of your choice in there and follow the steps and you will be fine.... you dont even have to place it in manual bootloader... jsut connect to activesync and than run the ruu and your phone will do that automatically and than once your done with that just follow the steps on the screen and you will be fine....
Old 03-21-2009, 12:59 PM

View egalitarian's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View egalitarian's Photo Album Add egalitarian's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Also, I should mention I get a 206 connection error in the RUU if I've soft reset back to WM and established an ActiveSync connection per its instructions (after the disconnect/reconnect step) after the progress bar comes up because the RUU puts it into bootloader mode and ActiveSync loses its connection (and I get that Windows XP Hardware Manager attempting to install "Microsoft USB Sync").

So I get RUU error 206 when:
1) I don't soft reset and leave it in the temporary bootloader mode the command prompt scripts puts the device in [the RUU wizard won't even get to the progress bar here; when it goes to retrieve the ROM image version from the phone, it gives me this error and forces an exit of the RUU]

2) I soft reset to get back into WM so that ActiveSync will recognize the device. Then it does communicate with the advice to get its current ROM image version, but when I click next and it brings up the progress bar after a minute or two and the RUU puts the device in bootloader mode (and I get Windows XP hardware manager attempting to install "Microsoft USB Sync") and then the 206 error that forces the exit from the RUU.

Help, please?
Old 03-21-2009, 01:03 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Also, I should mention I get a 206 connection error in the RUU if I've soft reset back to WM and established an ActiveSync connection per its instructions (after the disconnect/reconnect step) after the progress bar comes up because the RUU puts it into bootloader mode and ActiveSync loses its connection (and I get that Windows XP Hardware Manager attempting to install "Microsoft USB Sync").

1) I don't soft reset and leave it in the temporary bootloader mode the command prompt scripts puts the device in [the RUU wizard won't even get to the progress bar here; when it goes to retrieve the ROM image version from the phone, it gives me this error and forces an exit of the RUU]

2) I soft reset to get back into WM so that ActiveSync will recognize the device. Then it does communicate with the advice to get its current ROM image version, but when I click next and it brings up the progress bar after a minute or two and the RUU puts the device in bootloader mode (and I get Windows XP hardware manager attempting to install "Microsoft USB Sync") and then the 206 error that forces the exit from the RUU.

Help, please?
sounds like there is something on your computer missing that it wants to install... install the file that it is asking for than reboot your computer and see what that does for you. also try to hard reset your phone before you flash and that could make a difference also.
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2009, 01:04 PM

Hi Dash-
Didn't mean to offend. Just expressing frustration. I must have missed that. Thank you for your reply and for a moment of your time. You modding gurus blow my mind away. I have no idea.

Where do I find the "flashing guide"? I'll now try to search the forums for "npot connecting during lfash".
Old 03-21-2009, 01:07 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch
Mobile Carrier: Bell

Thanked 1,491 Times in 532 Posts

View raybond25's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View raybond25's Photo Album Add raybond25's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Help, please?
you need to have run the 2.31 unlocker succesfully to flash any GPS rom, if your phone is in bootloader it should say that your SPL is 2.31, or something along those lines

if your phone says that and USB along the bottom then you're good to flash your ROM by running romupdateutility.exe from a folder that contains the .nbh of the ROM you are trying to install

as for the flashing guide, you can find it in the second link in DASH's sig
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to raybond25 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2009, 01:09 PM

Hi Dash-
Didn't mean to offend. Just expressing frustration. I must have missed that. Thank you for your reply and for a moment of your time. You modding gurus blow my mind away. I have no idea.

Where do I find the "flashing guide"? I'll now try to search the forums for "npot connecting during flash".
you have to use keywords like you do on google and no troubles or offense taken.... im just a straight shooter and dont sugar coat things.... and the flashing guide can be found below in my signature or any of the staffs signatures... if you cant see my sig below go to your control panel and look through the settings and you will have one that allows you to see signatures.
Old 03-21-2009, 01:10 PM

Hi Dash-
I'm going to try to go and install ActiveSync on my laptop and try this on my laptop. My desktop needs crashed and a reinstall (long story, won't bother you here with it). But can you recommend any ROM in particular?

There's one at Youtube that looked pretty cool. All I really want to do is use GPS, but it'd be nice to get some classic games too like Frogger, Pacman, Galaga, Dig Dug, etc. When I go to ROM releases under Mobile Resource, I can search forums for Vogue, but is there a better way to find a good ROM? Any suggestion?
Old 03-21-2009, 01:50 PM

Hi Dash-
I'm going to try to go and install ActiveSync on my laptop and try this on my laptop. My desktop needs crashed and a reinstall (long story, won't bother you here with it). But can you recommend any ROM in particular?

There's one at Youtube that looked pretty cool. All I really want to do is use GPS, but it'd be nice to get some classic games too like Frogger, Pacman, Galaga, Dig Dug, etc. When I go to ROM releases under Mobile Resource, I can search forums for Vogue, but is there a better way to find a good ROM? Any suggestion?

just whatever you like and what fits your usage..... its all perosnal when it comes to a rom and isnt one that any really can recommend.
Old 03-21-2009, 08:34 PM
SPJ Addict :)
Mobile Model: DaPrettiestTouchPro
Mobile Carrier: SPRINT

Thanked 2,150 Times in 661 Posts

View littledaisy's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View littledaisy's Photo Album Add littledaisy's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

thats correct...there are plenty of roms out there to choose from..there are fully loaded roms which are packed with usefull apps and games..and there are very simple stable roms which are very plain in terms of apps and stuff but you can add anything of your choice and modd it to your liking...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to littledaisy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2009, 08:42 PM
OG Member
Mobile Model: Pixel 7 Pro
Mobile Carrier: Metro PCS
Mobile OS: Android

Thanked 10,859 Times in 2,859 Posts
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 152

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Just a heads up we only do support to members when they download roms from here, since we are familiar with it and the staff is here to support it.Installing roms from another site and asking support here will not happen.We can only offer suggestions.

There are few roms here for your device its the matter of you being the test monkey and testing them out to your liking.

The Following User Says Thank You to puertoblack2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2009, 11:00 PM

Just wanted to tell everyone thanks for the help. I suppose it's not very clear anywhere for those of us who don't understand the lingo/jargon used by the modding gururs that there is the bootloader/spl, the radio, and the ROM that need to be updated. I think my problem is that my desktop has some serious corruption from an XP reinstall. Got the RUU to work fine on my laptop. Flashed using Cokeman 3.21 and then needed to upgrade the radio before any of the custom ROMs I tried downloading would work on my phone. I thought I'd bricked my phone as it was stuck on the HTC splash screen. Alas, got it into bootloader and then updated the radio and then flashed with a custom ROM and all was well.

Well, saving I had to call Verizon to reauthenticate my phone (*228 didn't work), and now can't connect to the data network. They put in a trouble ticket and assure me the problem will be fixed within 24-48 hours. If it wasn't for VZW trying to make us pay for services we can get for free (VZ Navigator vs. Google Maps, Garmin), this wouldn't be a problem. Boy they sure try to make it hard to get around them. The average person wouldn't attempt this, that's for sure.

Thanks everyone... Any ideas on how I can fix the data connect problem? I've checked and double checked the user name and password. I can no longer do a ##778 from my phone to enter an A code now. Crazy.

Can anybody tell me if it's possible to download my SMS/MMS messages? I was using BITPIM on my old LG. It won't apparently work with this phone. Any ideas?

Ugh.

Thanks.

Josh
Old 03-23-2009, 11:13 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch & Pro!!
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 4,891 Times in 1,440 Posts

View crazaytalent's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View crazaytalent's Photo Album Add crazaytalent's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Just wanted to tell everyone thanks for the help. I suppose it's not very clear anywhere for those of us who don't understand the lingo/jargon used by the modding gururs that there is the bootloader/spl, the radio, and the ROM that need to be updated. I think my problem is that my desktop has some serious corruption from an XP reinstall. Got the RUU to work fine on my laptop. Flashed using Cokeman 3.21 and then needed to upgrade the radio before any of the custom ROMs I tried downloading would work on my phone. I thought I'd bricked my phone as it was stuck on the HTC splash screen. Alas, got it into bootloader and then updated the radio and then flashed with a custom ROM and all was well.

Well, saving I had to call Verizon to reauthenticate my phone (*228 didn't work), and now can't connect to the data network. They put in a trouble ticket and assure me the problem will be fixed within 24-48 hours. If it wasn't for VZW trying to make us pay for services we can get for free (VZ Navigator vs. Google Maps, Garmin), this wouldn't be a problem. Boy they sure try to make it hard to get around them. The average person wouldn't attempt this, that's for sure.

Thanks everyone... Any ideas on how I can fix the data connect problem? I've checked and double checked the user name and password. I can no longer do a ##778 from my phone to enter an A code now. Crazy.

Can anybody tell me if it's possible to download my SMS/MMS messages? I was using BITPIM on my old LG. It won't apparently work with this phone. Any ideas?

Ugh.

Thanks.

Josh
You asked this in another thread... please in the future, give staff time to se oyur question and reply, before, repeating the same question again, and starting new unnesecarry threads...

thanks

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crazaytalent For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
flash, htc, rom, unlocker, verizon, vogue, vzw