Random Community Topics

Post New ThreadReply

Old 01-20-2009, 07:05 PM
cuz215 cuz215 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View cuz215's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View cuz215's Photo Album Add cuz215's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Mogul to Touch Pro Transition

I just got the Touch Pro as a replacement for my Mogul from Sprint. I was looking over the Touch Pro and the only thing that seems different would be the TouchFlo 3D interface on the phone. Other than the interface, how much different from the Mogul is the Touch Pro software-wise. Will I still be able to search for and install various apps on the Touch Pro as I would on the Mogul, or would I need to have Touch Pro specific install files, if any? Also, how would the themes work for a Touch Pro? They don't deal with .tsk files? Also, is a Touch Pro able to run w/out the TouchFlo 3D on it?
The Following User Says Thank You to cuz215 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2009, 07:09 PM
Nickel Nickel NINE
Mobile Model: HTC DIAMOND
Mobile Carrier: sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

Thanked 4,383 Times in 1,330 Posts

View TaylorSPJ's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View TaylorSPJ's Photo Album Add TaylorSPJ's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Mogul to Touch Pro Transition

“ Originally Posted by cuz215 View Post

I just got the Touch Pro as a replacement for my Mogul from Sprint. I was looking over the Touch Pro and the only thing that seems different would be the TouchFlo 3D interface on the phone. Other than the interface, how much different from the Mogul is the Touch Pro software-wise. Will I still be able to search for and install various apps on the Touch Pro as I would on the Mogul, or would I need to have Touch Pro specific install files, if any? Also, how would the themes work for a Touch Pro? They don't deal with .tsk files? Also, is a Touch Pro able to run w/out the TouchFlo 3D on it?
ummm, there are a few major differences, one speed and memory....ram is vastly upgraded from the mogul, two you do have the tf3d interface now which is way better then 2d...yes you can use apps and themes only be sure you look out for the correct ones for your phone...your TP uses VGA...for apps and themes and such....just be aware and read all information provided on releases...and if it is not i'd suggest askin the author if it is compatiable with VGA devices.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TaylorSPJ For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2009, 07:10 PM
SPJ FREAKSTER!
Mobile Model: PRO&DIAMOND!!
Mobile Carrier: Rev a speeeeeddddddd

Thanked 1,139 Times in 584 Posts

View 1mrlcb's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View 1mrlcb's Photo Album Add 1mrlcb's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

It actially has a better vga screen more ram and smaller but some apps will work but not all because of the diffrent screen but try the apps because alot work and yes ou can turn off tf3d go into start/setting/today/items tab and disable it but for the tf3d themes you need something called Tf3d config tool to change themes but they are diffrent but without tf3d you can use tsk files

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to 1mrlcb For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2009, 07:12 PM
Mobile Model: Sprint Touch Pro
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 1,567 Times in 480 Posts

View Sh0wNuF's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Sh0wNuF's Photo Album Add Sh0wNuF's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

yep taylor pretty much summed it up, just make sure you use vga themes, which will still .tsk files. Yes you can run the touch pro w/out TouchFlo and the home screen will be basically the same one as the mogul. Just go into settings, click today and then you can enable the plugins, same as the mogul

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sh0wNuF For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2009, 10:14 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

how did everyone forget about the 5 row qwerty and the processor :>
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2009, 12:02 AM

View Sh0wNuF's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Sh0wNuF's Photo Album Add Sh0wNuF's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

We true junkies never forget about all the aspects of our sweet ass phones :PDT_Armataz_45:, but i thought he was just askin about the themes and programs he could run

The Following User Says Thank You to Sh0wNuF For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2009, 12:06 AM
Creativity Unleashed
Mobile Model: htc pro2 baby!!!!!!

Thanked 4,467 Times in 1,422 Posts

View PHE-NOM's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View PHE-NOM's Photo Album Add PHE-NOM's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

how did everyone forget about the 5 row qwerty and the processor :>
wait wait wait, i knew of the 5 row qwerty, but whats with the possessor? enlighten me..

Old 01-21-2009, 12:11 AM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch & Pro!!

Thanked 4,891 Times in 1,440 Posts

View crazaytalent's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View crazaytalent's Photo Album Add crazaytalent's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Damn this thread was just dropped and everyone leeped on it... there is nothing else to say, everyone's said it... these are all pretty common knowledge here... I suggest that, u spend a lil time experiment and playing around with your phonebefore makin hugely drastic mods and changes, so you can see the obvious for yourself man... after a lil time handling it on a user level you'd be able to notice the difference on your own... an will probably be surprised how ridiculous this thread is...lol... kiddin... its good to ask questions; thats how we learn!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to crazaytalent For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2009, 12:18 AM
Nickel Nickel NINE
Mobile Model: HTC DIAMOND

Thanked 4,383 Times in 1,330 Posts

View TaylorSPJ's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View TaylorSPJ's Photo Album Add TaylorSPJ's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by josamu View Post

wait wait wait, i knew of the 5 row qwerty, but whats with the possessor? enlighten me..
ummm it has a faster one...lol

The Following User Says Thank You to TaylorSPJ For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2009, 12:28 AM

yeah its definitely faster with more memory. The mogul has 64 MB of RAM and a 400 MHz processor while the touch pro has 288 MB of Ram and a 528 MHz processor.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sh0wNuF For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2009, 12:32 AM
Creativity Unleashed

View PHE-NOM's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View PHE-NOM's Photo Album Add PHE-NOM's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by crazaytalent View Post

Damn this thread was just dropped and everyone leeped on it... there is nothing else to say, everyone's said it... these are all pretty common knowledge here... I suggest that, u spend a lil time experiment and playing around with your phonebefore makin hugely drastic mods and changes, so you can see the obvious for yourself man... after a lil time handling it on a user level you'd be able to notice the difference on your own... an will probably be surprised how ridiculous this thread is...lol... kiddin... its good to ask questions; thats how we learn!
smart ass ha ha ha ha, okay no more question until i get it, promise, ha ha ha

Old 01-21-2009, 09:28 AM

View cuz215's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View cuz215's Photo Album Add cuz215's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Thanks for all the insight guys. And yeah, after messing around with the phone I realized is almost the exact same thing, interface wise, as the mogul. One thing I want to know is unlocking the phone. I assume I need to unlock the phone to be able to do any real changes such as program install and removal, reg edit, ect.... I want to know if the unlocker i used for the mogul would work for the Touch Pro?
Old 01-21-2009, 11:42 AM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Thanks for all the insight guys. And yeah, after messing around with the phone I realized is almost the exact same thing, interface wise, as the mogul. One thing I want to know is unlocking the phone. I assume I need to unlock the phone to be able to do any real changes such as program install and removal, reg edit, ect.... I want to know if the unlocker i used for the mogul would work for the Touch Pro?
no you cant and dude seriously get the damn mogul out of your mind...... nothing for the mogul for the most part will work on the touch pro. you will need vga apps and not qvga apps. (same goes for games) you will also need the touch pro hardspl to be able to flash the phone like you did with the mogul... you will be able to do registry and all without unlocking since unlocking only unlocks the bootloader so you can flash other roms to it.... so get the mogul out of your head since these phones are two different beasts.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2009, 12:46 PM
Creativity Unleashed

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

no you cant and dude seriously get the damn mogul out of your mind...... nothing for the mogul for the most part will work on the touch pro. you will need vga apps and not qvga apps. (same goes for games) you will also need the touch pro hardspl to be able to flash the phone like you did with the mogul... you will be able to do registry and all without unlocking since unlocking only unlocks the bootloader so you can flash other roms to it.... so get the mogul out of your head since these phones are two different beasts.
ha ha ha, yes get the mogul out of your head like me and put it in that send back package!!!!! good bye mogul, HELLOOOO PRO!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PHE-NOM For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2009, 02:28 PM

Ok forgetting the mogul. I was trying to install Skyfire though, and I'm getting "installation unsuccessful" errors when i try. I Checked at the Skyfire site, and I tried it with a fresh download of the .cab for Windows Mobile 5 or 6 touchscreen, and I"m still getting the error. Am I missing something to be able to do this install? Of is skyfire not going to be able to work on the Touch Pro?
Old 01-21-2009, 03:11 PM

Ok forgetting the mogul. I was trying to install Skyfire though, and I'm getting "installation unsuccessful" errors when i try. I Checked at the Skyfire site, and I tried it with a fresh download of the .cab for Windows Mobile 5 or 6 touchscreen, and I"m still getting the error. Am I missing something to be able to do this install? Of is skyfire not going to be able to work on the Touch Pro?
skyfire works fine on the pro just go to the site and choose your phone and than have them text the cab file to your phone.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2009, 04:56 PM

My issue with Skyfire was a bad download of the cab file. I did it again, and finally got a good file and it installed without a problem. Now I just ahve to wait for Skyfire to get true VGA resolution supported, and I"m good to go. Thanks for all the help guys!
Old 01-24-2009, 05:29 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Mogul 6800

View elangston3's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View elangston3's Photo Album Add elangston3's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I just made the switch about two months ago. It took a little adjustment but everything is upgraded from the mogul. Better screen, slide out keyboard, on screen keyboard, speed, memory, camera, etc. Other than adding a few apps, I've found that there is no need to make any major changes. Don't ruin it, enjoy it.
The Following User Says Thank You to elangston3 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2009, 03:01 PM
Mobile Model: PPC6800
Mobile Carrier: Alltel

View Fr8Hauler's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Fr8Hauler's Photo Album Add Fr8Hauler's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Glad I this before saying something noobpid....

I was offered the T-Pro for an insurance replacement for my 6800
from Alltel. Guess I'll get it...
And start all over...
The Following User Says Thank You to Fr8Hauler For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2009, 03:09 PM

“ Originally Posted by Fr8Hauler View Post

Glad I this before saying something noobpid....

I was offered the T-Pro for an insurance replacement for my 6800
from Alltel. Guess I'll get it...
And start all over...
congrats on the great free upgrade to the pro :> you will love the device.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
mogul, pro, touch, transition