Old 02-10-2009, 01:42 AM
crazaytalent crazaytalent is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: HTC Touch & Pro!!
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

Thanked 4,891 Times in 1,440 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View crazaytalent's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View crazaytalent's Photo Album Add crazaytalent's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Suggestion for the Boardz

Wassup SPJ~

Just curious as to what you thought of the idea/possiblity, of
implementing some sort of 'search this forum / search this thread'
feature for the vbulletin system?

I was just thinkin, how a feature like this incorporated into SPJ could help with people (especially noobs) posting redundant and repetitive questions withen the same thread, that may have been answered already, and would help in general, in finding specific topics/issues related to that particular thread, without having to read through the entire thread (pretty handy for the much longer and popular thread like rom releases, etc)... I know this is something some other forum may have already, and just thinking it could really help to increase userbility and overall convienece of the site... but what do yahll think... Overall, I geuss this thread would be direct at puertoblack2003, D/\SH and staff, but I don't see anything wrong with people chiming in their opinions...

The Following User Says Thank You to crazaytalent For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2009, 02:17 AM
Mobile Model: Touch Prizo!!!
Mobile Carrier: sprint
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 7,924 Times in 2,668 Posts

View Superman369's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Superman369's Photo Album Add Superman369's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Suggestion for the Boardz

There already is a "Search this forum" option. But a search this thread option would be useful.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Superman369 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2009, 10:01 AM

View crazaytalent's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View crazaytalent's Photo Album Add crazaytalent's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Yeah search this thread is mainly what I was thinking about... but I just threw in the other one, in case it wasnt there...lol

Old 02-10-2009, 11:07 AM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by crazaytalent View Post

Yeah search this thread is mainly what I was thinking about... but I just threw in the other one, in case it wasnt there...lol
its already been here since day one for search the thread.... look at the first post of the thread you want to search and than in the top right corner it will say search this thread.... than you just type and press enter.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2009, 11:33 AM
OG Member
Mobile Model: Pixel 7 Pro
Mobile Carrier: Metro PCS
Mobile OS: Android

Thanked 10,859 Times in 2,859 Posts
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 152

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

members don't know the potential of this program.maybe a little more curiosity of what it can do,you can learn all of the functions.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to puertoblack2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2009, 11:48 AM

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

its already been here since day one for search the thread.... look at the first post of the thread you want to search and than in the top right corner it will say search this thread.... than you just type and press enter.
what the hell?!

i dont know how in the world ive been missing that...lol...

but like puertoblack2003 said... if more members knew about these feature, and the potential of them, itll definatly make it easier for all... ahh well... Im glad I see it now, itll at least make it easier for me!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to crazaytalent For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2009, 11:54 AM
Mobile Model: Motorola DROID
Mobile Carrier: Verizon

View angiekay's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View angiekay's Photo Album Add angiekay's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

OMG, I was like reading this thread, down, and down, and I was like what? is Crazy talking about? Cuz I thought that was already up there, believe me I'm a frequent friggin searcher myself...................LOL !!!!!!!!!!

HEY CRAZY, it's the thought that counts!!!!!!!!! Cudo's on the thought!!!!!!!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to angiekay For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2009, 12:45 PM

“ Originally Posted by angiekay View Post

OMG, I was like reading this thread, down, and down, and I was like what? is Crazy talking about? Cuz I thought that was already up there, believe me I'm a frequent friggin searcher myself...................LOL !!!!!!!!!!

HEY CRAZY, it's the thought that counts!!!!!!!!! Cudo's on the thought!!!!!!!
Lol... yeah its weird, cuz at my house when I posted this all that showed was thread tools and rate thread option and I was like hmm well this would be useful, b/c i was goin through some long as rom threads, and just wanted that quick search option to find the issue i was dealing with... then i get to work today, and look at this thread, and see D/\SH's post, and it's here, and I'm like wow... i feel like an ass...

with that being said however, I just opend up another window to a different SPJ thread and that option isn't there, so now im just confused... maybe a glitch in the system? I only bring it up, because I dont believe it is consistantly there all the time, as I do look for it, and at time when I have, it wasnt... i think thats why i posted this thread in the first place...
Any thoughts... D/\SH, puertoblack2003?

Old 02-10-2009, 12:50 PM
Nickel Nickel NINE
Mobile Model: HTC DIAMOND

Thanked 4,383 Times in 1,330 Posts

View TaylorSPJ's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View TaylorSPJ's Photo Album Add TaylorSPJ's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Lol... yeah its weird, cuz at my house when I posted this all that showed was thread tools and rate thread option and I was like hmm well this would be useful, b/c i was goin through some long as rom threads, and just wanted that quick search option to find the issue i was dealing with... then i get to work today, and look at this thread, and see D/\SH's post, and it's here, and I'm like wow... i feel like an ass...

with that being said however, I just opend up another window to a different SPJ thread and that option isn't there, so now im just confused... maybe a glitch in the system? I only bring it up, because I dont believe it is consistantly there all the time, as I do look for it, and at time when I have it wasnt... i think thats why i posted this thread in the first place...
I noticed that too craZay........when that happens i use the old fashion ctrl "f" and it brings up a serch tool to find keywords and sentences.....try that and see if it works 4 you.....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TaylorSPJ For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2009, 12:56 PM
OG Member

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

with that being said however, I just opend up another window to a different SPJ thread and that option isn't there, so now im just confused... maybe a glitch in the system? I only bring it up, because I dont believe it is consistantly there all the time, as I do look for it, and at time when I have, it wasnt... i think thats why i posted this thread in the first place...

there's no glitch it's only in forum display as it is design for. i have no issue i use it all the time.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to puertoblack2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2009, 12:59 PM

Kool... well thanks for the input guys... its just nice to know... Taylor I will definatly try that cntrl+f method, when I dont see it, itll be nice to have another way to pull it up, if i dont see it in the current display that I have...

The Following User Says Thank You to crazaytalent For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2009, 09:59 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

yo crazy are you using different skins on the pc's? one might have it and one may not...
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2009, 10:28 PM
OG Member

yo crazy are you using different skins on the pc's? one might have it and one may not...

its defaulted to all skin.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to puertoblack2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2009, 10:32 PM
Mobile Model: Touch Prizo!!!

Thanked 7,924 Times in 2,668 Posts

View Superman369's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Superman369's Photo Album Add Superman369's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Yea I just checked and it is in all skins. But I know for a fact that at times it wasnt there before. It was a while ago though, but I remember having to read through a 25 page thread because I couldnt get the search thread feature. I dunno why, but it happened. But it is there now and working perfectly.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Superman369 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2009, 11:01 PM

nah, my account is defaulted to the dark tech trends theme in general, but is all good, im glad I know now... at least i know if I dont see it (maybe from a weird randomness on my pc) I also have the alternate option taylor posted...

thanks again yahll...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crazaytalent For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
boardz, suggestion