puertoblack2003 puertoblack2003 is offline   Thread Starter  
OG Member
Mobile Model: Pixel 7 Pro
Mobile Carrier: Metro PCS
Mobile OS: Android

Thanked 10,859 Times in 2,859 Posts
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 152

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Schedule Maintenance and Installing New Server OS

This will happen tomorrow, 2.17.2009 at about 2:00pm eastern time.

The maintenance will take place first to backup all files.Then i will install a new server OS which is windows server 2003 which is a little lighter operating system and totality less resource consumption which can be redirected to the site.

Not only that it will illuminate useless program that i don't need , and that will help the site big time.Now i experimented with both os windows server 2008 and 2003.

2008 is more like vista package and it will run better if i had dual core.so i decided to go with 2003.My backup server is currently on 2003 and I'm very impressed with the load. which you will be on when i switch..

Thanks for your understanding.Now you guys can still ask for support using the Downtime Service blog.That's the reason why it was created t continue support.You got to hit F5 to see if any one had responded.

puertoblack2003

note: this will take about 5 to 6 hours of downtime.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to puertoblack2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2009, 08:37 PM
Nickel Nickel NINE
Mobile Model: HTC DIAMOND
Mobile Carrier: sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

Thanked 4,383 Times in 1,330 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View TaylorSPJ's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View TaylorSPJ's Photo Album Add TaylorSPJ's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Schedule Maintenance and Installing New Server OS

“ Originally Posted by puertoblack2003 View Post

This will happen tomorrow, 2.17.2009 at about 2:00pm eastern time.

The maintenance will take place first to backup all files.Then i will install a new server OS which is windows server 2003 which is a little lighter operating system and totality less resource consumption which can be redirected to the site.

Not only that it will illuminate useless program that i don't need , and that will help the site big time.Now i experimented with both os windows server 2008 and 2003.

2008 is more like vista package and it will run better if i had dual core.so i decided to go with 2003.My backup server is currently on 2003 and I'm very impressed with the load. which you will be on when i switch..

Thanks for your understanding.Now you guys can still ask for support using the Downtime Service blog.That's the reason why it was created t continue support.You got to hit F5 to see if any one had responded.

puertoblack2003

note: this will take about 5 to 6 hours of downtime.
Do your thing PB. hope all goes well brotha

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TaylorSPJ For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2009, 08:40 PM
ADMIN-Watch what you say!
Mobile Model: Touch PRO2, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: On the NOW Network
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 6,030 Times in 1,977 Posts

View BiG JeW's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BiG JeW's Photo Album Add BiG JeW's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Thanks for the heads up PB! Well, I better get my fix tonite and before 2 tomorrow....(lets hope I don't O.D.)... In anycase, I hope this transaciion is as smooth as you made it sound. Thats a lot of work... 6hrs is being fair. Oh, by the way, did you get server 08 from the info. I provided you with?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BiG JeW For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2009, 08:51 PM
OG Member

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by BiG JeW View Post

Thanks for the heads up PB! Well, I better get my fix tonite and before 2 tomorrow....(lets hope I don't O.D.)... In anycase, I hope this transaciion is as smooth as you made it sound. Thats a lot of work... 6hrs is being fair. Oh, by the way, did you get server 08 from the info. I provided you with?

thanks guys.

@Big Jew, yea that's why i haven't been on as usual..2008 is great but like i mentioned it runs better with dual core and i don't have it ,i did some research apparently it has vista packages.so i had to re-format and install the 03 and it was sweet nice boot time less useless junk. but the package is xp.

reason it takes that long because it comes with sp1 and i had to constantly run the updates...i hope it'll be less then that.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to puertoblack2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2009, 09:24 PM
ADMIN-Watch what you say!
Mobile Model: Touch PRO2, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: On the NOW Network

Thanked 6,030 Times in 1,977 Posts

View BiG JeW's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BiG JeW's Photo Album Add BiG JeW's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

thanks guys.

@Big Jew, yea that's why i haven't been on as usual..2008 is great but like i mentioned it runs better with dual core and i don't have it ,i did some research apparently it has vista packages.so i had to re-format and install the 03 and it was sweet nice boot time less useless junk. but the package is xp.

reason it takes that long because it comes with sp1 and i had to constantly run the updates...i hope it'll be less then that.

true.... i was curious if you ended getting 08 from the info i sent ya, just to see if it worked. I know why you arent using it, (resources hog) but was wondering if my source is valid. thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to BiG JeW For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2009, 12:43 AM
OG Member

“ Originally Posted by BiG JeW View Post

true.... i was curious if you ended getting 08 from the info i sent ya, just to see if it worked. I know why you arent using it, (resources hog) but was wondering if my source is valid. thanks

yep i tried the standard version and the enterprise version i got else where

Old 02-17-2009, 03:57 AM
Mobile Model: RHODIUM LEO 2.02
Mobile Carrier: 3G MOBISTAR

Thanked 25,033 Times in 7,581 Posts

View CYBER WEESJE's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View CYBER WEESJE's Photo Album Add CYBER WEESJE's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

oke big c thanks for the heads up and for all the hard work you do to keep spj running

GRTZ WEESJE:PDT_Armataz_45:
MODERATOR@SPJ

The Following User Says Thank You to CYBER WEESJE For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2009, 11:38 AM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

thanks agaon for the work pb and hopefully all is good...... you shouldnt need a key for that verison anyways and if you do just send me a email and ill forward the message with the password from microsoft too you.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:15 PM
OG Member

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

thanks agaon for the work pb and hopefully all is good...... you shouldnt need a key for that verison anyways and if you do just send me a email and ill forward the message with the password from microsoft too you.
i got it in that box it gave me an option to the email addy i got everything bro..Big time thanks..

The Following User Says Thank You to puertoblack2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2009, 08:54 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i got it in that box it gave me an option to the email addy i got everything bro..Big time thanks..
nice!! cool cool and so far so good :> the speeds are quick and constant..... loving the way you have got this place running at peak performance lately :>
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2009, 09:02 PM
OG Member

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

nice!! cool cool and so far so good :> the speeds are quick and constant..... loving the way you have got this place running at peak performance lately :>

lol...yea bro so far so good still messing with it like it was set to old os...And i must say Thank you for the proggy it was better to be legit with good key.

The Following User Says Thank You to puertoblack2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2009, 09:46 PM

lol...yea bro so far so good still messing with it like it was set to old os...And i must say Thank you for the proggy it was better to be legit with good key.
for sure i will take a legit copy over a bootleg copy any day :>
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
installing, maintenance, schedule, server