Old 02-16-2009, 07:16 AM
CYBER WEESJE CYBER WEESJE is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: RHODIUM LEO 2.02
Mobile Carrier: 3G MOBISTAR
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 25,033 Times in 7,581 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View CYBER WEESJE's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View CYBER WEESJE's Photo Album Add CYBER WEESJE's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
HTC Touch Pro2 is awesome in ways the Touch Pro never could be

SOURCE

Code

http://www.engadget.com/2009/02/16/htc-touch-pro2-is-awesome-in-ways-the-touch-pro-never-could-be/
So, how do you make HTC's Touch Pro -- already near the top of the WinMo heap -- an even beefier device? For starters, you can throw out that nasty VGA screen of yesteryear and up it with a 3.6-inch 800 x 400 replacement. Next, add a dedicated touch-sensitive zoom slider that works overtime to take maximum advantage of said screen, then throw in a few key carryovers: 512MB of ROM, 288MB of RAM, microSD expansion, and a 3.2 megapixel cam. Meet the Touch Pro2, the official follow-up to HTC's popular series of QWERTY sliders that introduces so-called "Straight Talk" technology for "seamlessly" transitioning conversations between email, single-line calls, and party calls. It'll also automatically switch to the crazy high-performance, full-duplex speakerphone simply by flipping the phone over, so it's clear that this bad boy was meant for business. It'll launch early in the second quarter in parts of Asia and Europe with other "major global markets" following in early Summer. Check out a shot of the Touch Pro2 in its fully (and delightfully) articulated position after the break.
The HTC Touch Pro 2 comes with full WiFi compability, quad band HSUPA and dual band HSDPA as well as Bluetooth wireless with A2DP stereo support, 3G connectivity and miniUSB connectivity. Multimedia features include a 3.15 mega pixel camera with video capture & playback, integrated GPS with a-GPS function, an MP3 music player and FM radio. Also worth a mention is the 288MB of internal memory that comes with the HTC Touch Pro2 boosted by external microSD card expansion.

HTC Confirms Touch Pro2 Coming to Major Markets via Twitter Updates
IntoMobile - Cell Phone News, Information, and Analysis — ... for releasing this kind of info!?). No launch date or pricing details are available as of yet. All that is known is that the Touch Pro2 will be ‘broadly available’ in most areas in North America (Canada?), and it could hit us as early as this spring. The Touch Pro2 comes complete with a beautiful 3.6″ screen and a new version of TouchFLO. No word if 3G will be on-board for the North American version of the device, but we certainly hope so. [Via: electronista] Related News from IntoMobile: ...
HTC Confirms Touch Pro2 Coming To the US [Touch Pro2]
Gizmodo — ... has confirmed that their touchscreen / QWERTY slider Touch Pro2 will be available in all major markets—including North America. However, there isn't much as far as specific details are concerned. The exact date that it might arrive has not been determined (although they did note that launch should take place in Q2 ). Whether features like 3G compatibility will be added to the Pro2 for it's US debut also remains to be seen. [Twitter and Twitter via Electronista]
HTC Touch Pro2 Coming To The U.S.
Pulse2 - Technology News And Reviews — HTC has confirmed that the Touch Pro2 will be coming to the U.S. The HTC Touch Pro2 has a touchscreen and a QWERTY keyboard. It is uncertain whether it will be 3G and when the release date takes place. There is a tilting keyboard design with a 3.6″ screen. The HTC Touch Pro2 has a TouchFLO interface that is built on Windows Mobile. [via

THAT LOOKS SO AWESOME CHECK THIS VIDEOS OUT THANKS TO TAYLORSPJ FOR THE LINKS

Code

http://www.viddler.com/explore/engadget/videos/255/
and here is the Touch Pro2 in depth on video

http://www.viddler.com/explore/engadget/videos/252/
YOU TUBE CLIP TOUCH PRO 2

Code

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rou0V2B4kS8
NEW ADDET SCREENSHOTS OF THE DIAMOND 2 TFD3
Here they are, HTC Touch Diamond 2 screenshots. Notice the new calendar tab in the TouchFlo3D, new calculator, improved keyboards (you can set the keys to vibrate), Remote Desktop application (finaly!).

Code

http://ai.rs/2009/02/htc-touch-diamond-2-screenshots/
GRTZ WEESJE
MODERATOR@SPJ

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to CYBER WEESJE For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked
Old 02-16-2009, 07:19 AM
Mobile Model: TOUCHpro2
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 6,709 Times in 2,216 Posts

View jr5416's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jr5416's Photo Album Add jr5416's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: HTC Touch Pro2 is awesome in ways the Touch Pro never could be

Yea bro i just saw that omg thats is awesome lol here is some more news .But can you imagine the prices,i dont think i wanna c that

Code

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/news/show/92570/htc-announces-htc-touch-diamond2-and-htc-touch-pro2.html
--------- New Post Merged on 16/2/2009 at 0826 --------

So whos gonna be the first complaining about their Touch Pro to get the new one lol,it worked with the mogul whos to say it wont work with the touch pro .
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jr5416 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2009, 07:42 AM

View CYBER WEESJE's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View CYBER WEESJE's Photo Album Add CYBER WEESJE's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by jr5416 View Post

yea bro i just saw that omg thats is awesome lol here is some more news .but can you imagine the prices,i dont think i wanna c that

Code

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/news/show/92570/htc-announces-htc-touch-diamond2-and-htc-touch-pro2.html
--------- new post merged on 16/2/2009 at 0826 --------

so whos gonna be the first complaining about their touch pro to get the new one lol,it worked with the mogul whos to say it wont work with the touch pro .
this a realy awesome touch pro 2 i like the screen flip like the mogul realy nice the prices yes i am scared of that lol

grtz weesje
moderator@spj

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CYBER WEESJE For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2009, 01:52 PM

yo dash have you seen this what do you think i am in love whit that touch pro 2 lol

GRTZ WEESJE
MODERATOR@SPJ

The Following User Says Thank You to CYBER WEESJE For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2009, 01:57 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by jr5416 View Post

Yea bro i just saw that omg thats is awesome lol here is some more news .But can you imagine the prices,i dont think i wanna c that

Code

--------- New Post Merged on 16/2/2009 at 0826 --------

So whos gonna be the first complaining about their Touch Pro to get the new one lol,it worked with the mogul whos to say it wont work with the touch pro .
not for sprint didnt say anything about the states release that i saw.

“ Originally Posted by weesje View Post

yo dash have you seen this what do you think i am in love whit that touch pro 2 lol

GRTZ WEESJE
MODERATOR@SPJ
i think it is sexy as hell and the stats made me cream in my pants
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2009, 02:00 PM

“ Originally Posted by d/\sh View Post

not for sprint didnt say anything about the states release that i saw.

I think it is sexy as hell and the stats made me cream in my pants
hahaha it looks so awesome that flip screen dos it for me realy nice think this will be a ohter best seller for htc

grtz weesje
moderator@spj

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CYBER WEESJE For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2009, 02:21 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by weesje View Post

hahaha it looks so awesome that flip screen dos it for me realy nice think this will be a ohter best seller for htc

grtz weesje
moderator@spj
thats for sure and i wouldnt be suprised to see it come out in 2010 early for the states and prolly sprint first :> and even early for gsm providers in the states.... (if you want branded otherwise ebay for unlocked versions)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2009, 02:24 PM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2

Thanked 6,468 Times in 1,715 Posts

View Mike20PR's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mike20PR's Photo Album Add Mike20PR's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

looks sexy although the only significant difference from my pro to this would be the wvga screen, id switch nevertheless (maybe)

but there are a couple of things im sorta dissapionted about the touch pros succesor...

-qualcomm still?? i thought htc was gonna use tegras chip now. i always wanted for my next device to not have the crappy graphics performance that current--> HTC <-- devices do. really shows on my pro and would love to put an end to this

-WM6.1? i believe that its too late for new devices with 6.1 now that 6.5 (even WM7, who knows?) will be well under way when this device should be released, so all the HTC goodies on this device will be for an outdated OS and who knows if it will be fully compatible with the new version of WM? till talented developers port it and iron out the bugs. HTC should have waited for Microsoft to ship them the new version and go from there

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mike20PR For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2009, 02:35 PM
MurdaROM Creator
Mobile Model: HTC Hero

View trentonmac's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View trentonmac's Photo Album Add trentonmac's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

It does look like a slick phone. I'll have to do what I can to get one when/if it comes out for sprint. I am disappointed that they did not up the processor/RAM/Storage any though. What do I care really though, I'll need the latest and greatest phone because i am addicted.

My name is Trenton and I am a Smartphone Junkie
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to trentonmac For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2009, 03:38 PM
Nickel Nickel NINE
Mobile Model: HTC DIAMOND
Mobile Carrier: sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

Thanked 4,383 Times in 1,330 Posts

View TaylorSPJ's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View TaylorSPJ's Photo Album Add TaylorSPJ's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by Mike20PR View Post

looks sexy although the only significant difference from my pro to this would be the wvga screen, id switch nevertheless (maybe)

but there are a couple of things im sorta dissapionted about the touch pros succesor...

-qualcomm still?? i thought htc was gonna use tegras chip now. i always wanted for my next device to not have the crappy graphics performance that current--> HTC <-- devices do. really shows on my pro and would love to put an end to this

-WM6.1? i believe that its too late for new devices with 6.1 now that 6.5 (even WM7, who knows?) will be well under way when this device should be released, so all the HTC goodies on this device will be for an outdated OS and who knows if it will be fully compatible with the new version of WM? till talented developers port it and iron out the bugs. HTC should have waited for Microsoft to ship them the new version and go from there
I agree i thought they would implement the Nvidia chips in these, but for the OS.....6.5 it will be....found a video of the diamond 2 with 6.5 on it....looks pretty sweet for the most part check it out....weesje you can add this kink to the OP if ya want to....

Code

and here is the Touch Pro2 in depth on video

Code

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TaylorSPJ For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2009, 03:50 PM

“ Originally Posted by taylorspj View Post

i agree i thought they would implement the nvidia chips in these, but for the os.....6.5 it will be....found a video of the diamond 2 with 6.5 on it....looks pretty sweet for the most part check it out....weesje you can add this kink to the op if ya want to....

Code

and here is the touch pro2 in depth on video

Code

thanks addet links i love that flip screen the cpu is not perfect i now bud in the end its ohter great htc device whe al whant to buy it

grtz weesje
moderator@spj

The Following User Says Thank You to CYBER WEESJE For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2009, 04:43 PM
Mobile Model: Htc Touch Pro 1 & 2
Mobile Carrier: Kaos
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 3,590 Times in 1,164 Posts
Uploads: 1

View kaos's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View kaos's Photo Album Add kaos's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I will stick with my razr running vista......
The Following User Says Thank You to kaos For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2009, 05:44 PM
The Man with the Plan!
Mobile Model: Mogul/Touch/IPHONE3G
Mobile Carrier: Sprint,AT&T,T-Mobile

Thanked 4,700 Times in 1,421 Posts

View ICEM/\N's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ICEM/\N's Photo Album Add ICEM/\N's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

this thang is sexy as hell

The Following User Says Thank You to ICEM/\N For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2009, 06:03 PM

“ Originally Posted by kaos View Post

I will stick with my razr running vista......
hahahahaha me too :> im glad that we are the only ones with these.... (thanks for the hookup. )
Old 02-16-2009, 06:09 PM
Mobile Model: Motorola DROID
Mobile Carrier: Verizon
Mobile OS: Android

View angiekay's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View angiekay's Photo Album Add angiekay's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Oh WOW! is all I can say..............that phone, I agree, looks sexy as hell!!! maybe it will be released by the time I'm eligible for an upgrade which is a longggggg time.......like December I think (and Alltel), I know........but I can still hope and dream, right?

Old 02-16-2009, 06:10 PM
Mobile Model: Sprint Pro
Mobile Carrier: 2963 DL speed REV A

Thanked 2,006 Times in 615 Posts

View broSki's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View broSki's Photo Album Add broSki's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

phone looks hot but still same internals as tp, nothing different there....wvga and screen size, and battery and tilt, and bigger keys, and spaced out keys is only diff....ill wait for nvidia chips 2 be used...and as for usa releases who knows but in bottom it says to be released in early summer 09 for ALL MAJOR GLOBAL COMPANIES I think sprint falls under that
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to broSki For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2009, 06:56 PM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN

Thanked 6,468 Times in 1,715 Posts

View Mike20PR's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mike20PR's Photo Album Add Mike20PR's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i have been researching this device online and by video and in the consumers side (mainly junkies and geeks) its a flop waiting to happen

pro
-bigger screen (yet a bigger battery and recourse hog)
-conference speaker (nice addition due to the speakerphone problems)
-tilt screen (cool)
-bigger and spaced kb (nice)

cons
-same crappy Qualcomm processor (same or more lag and crappy gfx performance)
-same ram/rom size (are you serious HTC?)
-removed camera flash (for a mute button...ok)
-same camera (and yet diamond2 has 5mp)
-no video out (it was mentioned but not totally sure)

not much of an upgrade, besides the bigger screen theres no point to upgrade if you have a pro

dont get me wrong, i love htc and winmo but you have to look past the hype or you will be seriouslly dissappointed

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mike20PR For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2009, 12:22 AM
Mobile Model: Sprint Touch Pro

Thanked 1,567 Times in 480 Posts

View Sh0wNuF's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Sh0wNuF's Photo Album Add Sh0wNuF's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by Mike20PR View Post

i have been researching this device online and by video and in the consumers side (mainly junkies and geeks) its a flop waiting to happen

pro
-bigger screen (yet a bigger battery and recourse hog)
-conference speaker (nice addition due to the speakerphone problems)
-tilt screen (cool)
-bigger and spaced kb (nice)

cons
-same crappy Qualcomm processor (same or more lag and crappy gfx performance)
-same ram/rom size (are you serious HTC?)
-removed camera flash (for a mute button...ok)
-same camera (and yet diamond2 has 5mp)
-no video out (it was mentioned but not totally sure)

not much of an upgrade, besides the bigger screen theres no point to upgrade if you have a pro

dont get me wrong, i love htc and winmo but you have to look past the hype or you will be seriouslly dissappointed
true that, what interested me the most was the start menu and how it was more finger friendly the ones we currently have...hopefully someone will be able to write a program that gives everyone else that function.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sh0wNuF For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2009, 06:33 PM
SPJ Addict :)
Mobile Model: DaPrettiestTouchPro
Mobile Carrier: SPRINT

Thanked 2,150 Times in 661 Posts

View littledaisy's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View littledaisy's Photo Album Add littledaisy's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

so i just saw this youtube video on it and well im not totaly impressed...

Code

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnTAqA_dppg
The Following User Says Thank You to littledaisy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2009, 06:44 PM
Mobile Model: Sprint Pro
Mobile Carrier: 2963 DL speed REV A

Thanked 2,006 Times in 615 Posts

View broSki's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View broSki's Photo Album Add broSki's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by littledaisy View Post

so i just saw this youtube video on it and well im not totaly impressed...

Code

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnTAqA_dppg
alot of ppl arent impressed at all, ppl on xda are making a petition to not buy this phone b.c they r pissed htc threw it out so fast
The Following User Says Thank You to broSki For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2009, 08:25 PM
SPJ Junkie

View meansixx's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View meansixx's Photo Album Add meansixx's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

WOW!!!! i just jizzed in my pants..lol very nice.

The Following User Says Thank You to meansixx For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2009, 12:46 AM
Mobile Model: Sprint Touch Pro

Thanked 1,567 Times in 480 Posts

View Sh0wNuF's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Sh0wNuF's Photo Album Add Sh0wNuF's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by broSki View Post

alot of ppl arent impressed at all, ppl on xda are making a petition to not buy this phone b.c they r pissed htc threw it out so fast
yeah i definitely agree...i think its a lil wierd that the diamond and touch pro have been out for less than 6 months and they already have a new one? but i will be tryin to snag one of these when they come out

The Following User Says Thank You to Sh0wNuF For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2009, 12:00 PM

Update to the first posted link to screenshots of diamond 2 tfd3 new

grtz weesje
moderator@spj

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CYBER WEESJE For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
awesome, htc, pro, pro2, touch, ways