Old 02-22-2009, 10:51 PM
V I P V I P is offline   Thread Starter  
previously codydavis22
Mobile Model: Motorola Droid
Mobile Carrier: Verizon
Mobile OS: 6.5

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View V I P's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View V I P's Photo Album Add V I P's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Total Equipment Protection deductible increase

I don't know if anybody else realized this but. I recently received a letter from Asurion and deductibles for some models (including mogul, touch, diamond, and pro) is increasing from 50 to $100! That sucks so bad. I almost wish that I would have took Bestbuy's insurance program that was like $9 a month...but NO deductible for a replacement. This goes into effect April 19th.....so if anybody needs to get a new phone....do it before then.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to V I P For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2009, 10:57 PM
Nickel Nickel NINE
Mobile Model: HTC DIAMOND
Mobile Carrier: sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

Thanked 4,383 Times in 1,330 Posts

View TaylorSPJ's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View TaylorSPJ's Photo Album Add TaylorSPJ's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Total Equipment Protection deductible increase

ive heard this a few times.....it seems to only effect new 2yr. customers or most recent contract holders......i ask a rep a month back and she said since im a valued customer this will not effect me.....even if i did i can play retentions like a fiddle so im not worried about it.....i actual got them to pay me 70 bucks one time when i had a charge for 400 bucks....lol they took that whole charge off and credited me 70.....its sad almost how easy it is to get free stuff.....practially stealing lmao

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TaylorSPJ For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2009, 11:00 PM
V I P V I P is offline   Thread Starter  
previously codydavis22
Mobile Model: Motorola Droid
Mobile Carrier: Verizon

View V I P's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View V I P's Photo Album Add V I P's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by TaylorSPJ View Post

ive heard this a few times.....it seems to only effect new 2yr. customers or most recent contract holders......i ask a rep a month back and she said since im a valued customer this will not effect me.....even if i did i can play retentions like a fiddle so im not worried about it.....i actual got them to pay me 70 bucks one time when i had a charge for 400 bucks....lol they took that whole charge off and credited me 70.....its sad almost how easy it is to get free stuff.....practially stealing lmao
hmmmm.....well I've been with sprint for about 2 years now so then...hopefully it doesn't effect me...but they sent me a letter so who knows.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to V I P For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2009, 11:02 PM
ADMIN-Watch what you say!
Mobile Model: Touch PRO2, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: On the NOW Network

Thanked 6,030 Times in 1,977 Posts

View BiG JeW's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BiG JeW's Photo Album Add BiG JeW's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i havent heard news of this yet, but thats some real B.S.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BiG JeW For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2009, 11:22 PM
The Man with the Plan!
Mobile Model: Mogul/Touch/IPHONE3G
Mobile Carrier: Sprint,AT&T,T-Mobile

Thanked 4,700 Times in 1,421 Posts

View ICEM/\N's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ICEM/\N's Photo Album Add ICEM/\N's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by BiG JeW View Post

i havent heard news of this yet, but thats some real B.S.
lol jew...u work for Sprint,lol...but yes they are upping deductible on just certain handsets...but most are higher end and smartphone handsets...the mailing you get in the mail is detailed and shows the price for each model sold by Sprint. Asurion has changed premiums and deductibles consistently on other carriers such as T-Mobile and AT&T...but the have always been nicer with the CDMA carriers like Sprint and Verizon...but it looks like they have either realized that there are alot of frauds being committed via insurance or maybe the strain on economy is hearting them. Either way, this change effects all customers with Sprint and it is not waived based on your service tenure...trust me on this...Asurion, legally, reserves the right to change their Insurance program at any time and you have the option of canceling it at anytime...even though they are being real di%k heads by doing this they can't be stopped....

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ICEM/\N For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2009, 01:40 AM
Mobile Model: Sprint Pro
Mobile Carrier: 2963 DL speed REV A

Thanked 2,006 Times in 615 Posts

View broSki's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View broSki's Photo Album Add broSki's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

dang this is gonna suck for those new sprint members lol....
Old 02-23-2009, 06:21 AM
Mobile Model: Htc Touch Pro 1 & 2
Mobile Carrier: Kaos
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 3,590 Times in 1,164 Posts
Uploads: 1

View kaos's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View kaos's Photo Album Add kaos's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

lol funny i just use my tep and get it replaced for free..With a brand new one.New pro should be here tomorrow.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:15 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

jsut received mine today and i must say sprint stayed at 50 for much longer than the other providers who have been charging 100 each and every time..... i think sprint is doing this because of all the people that are getting upgrades to a newer device without having the older device being defective..... (50 bucks is a lot easier to swallow than 100.)
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2009, 07:57 PM
Mobile Model: Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

View Avgas's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Avgas's Photo Album Add Avgas's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by broSki View Post

dang this is gonna suck for those new sprint members lol....
The price increase will effect everybody
Old 02-23-2009, 08:10 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch & Pro!!

Thanked 4,891 Times in 1,440 Posts

View crazaytalent's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View crazaytalent's Photo Album Add crazaytalent's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Damn you... thats lame... I have an older TP w/ a nov 19th build date, I know there were some problems w/ this batch, and they were swppin them out w/ new ones, but as mine was and is pretty well taken care of i never took it in for a swap... I was gonna wait till it really started showin signs of wear, and then just swap then, LatlyI have been thinkin about it, but b/c of all the issues w/ newer models like yellow screens and such i decided not to... now im wondering if I should, before they start charging 100 buck for it... still nothing really wrong w/ mine except that the door that slides is loser than i like it to be, makes it a pain cuz if I go to touch power button (i.e. turn the screen display off) the screen shifts and instead of goin off, the bottom will sometimes slide a bit out, as if i was going to open it... its kinda of a pain but i deal... what do yah think, should I try for a swap no whill ins deductible is still low, or is it not worth it, and just wait for some real issues w/ my device?

Old 02-23-2009, 08:20 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by crazaytalent View Post

Damn you... thats lame... I have an older TP w/ a nov 19th build date, I know there were some problems w/ this batch, and they were swppin them out w/ new ones, but as mine was and is pretty well taken care of i never took it in for a swap... I was gonna wait till it really started showin signs of wear, and then just swap then, LatlyI have been thinkin about it, but b/c of all the issues w/ newer models like yellow screens and such i decided not to... now im wondering if I should, before they start charging 100 buck for it... still nothing really wrong w/ mine except that the door that slides is loser than i like it to be, makes it a pain cuz if I go to touch power button (i.e. turn the screen display off) the screen shifts and instead of goin off, the bottom will sometimes slide a bit out, as if i was going to open it... its kinda of a pain but i deal... what do yah think, should I try for a swap no whill ins deductible is still low, or is it not worth it, and just wait for some real issues w/ my device?
as long as you dont change your contract before mine and weesje b-day on april 19th you will still be at 50 bucks even after that date... if you renew or get a new contract than that is when they are going to charge you 100 and not 50..... but as long as your contract started before april 19th 2009 you should be fine........ just read through that whole damn thing they sent lmao
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2009, 08:24 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch & Pro!!

Thanked 4,891 Times in 1,440 Posts

View crazaytalent's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View crazaytalent's Photo Album Add crazaytalent's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

just read through that whole damn thing they sent lmao
Hahaha... I still havent got it... the last thing sprint sent me was the preferd customer package thing... ahh well... I aint stressin it... Thanks D/\SH!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crazaytalent For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2009, 08:29 PM
Nickel Nickel NINE
Mobile Model: HTC DIAMOND
Mobile Carrier: sprint

Thanked 4,383 Times in 1,330 Posts

View TaylorSPJ's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View TaylorSPJ's Photo Album Add TaylorSPJ's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by crazaytalent View Post

Hahaha... I still havent got it... the last thing sprint sent me was the preferd customer package thing... ahh well... I aint stressin it... Thanks D/\SH!
haha i got that to....along with a coupon for 50% off sprint products online and in stores.....they must like us crazay....

The Following User Says Thank You to TaylorSPJ For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
deductible, equipment, increase, protection, total