Old 02-18-2009, 11:45 AM
iamdasht19 iamdasht19 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
1st Touch Pro 2 stolen!!

The device has not even been released yet, but a HTC Touch Pro running Windows Mobile 6.5 has already been stolen from the pocket of Telstra boss Sol Trujillo, who was attending Mobile World Congress and was apparently trying the device out.
"What if news of those bugs is released early before a final version goes on sale. Those sorts of things could affect the shares of Microsoft," industrial espionage expert Les Goldsmith said.

Arcticle found here:

Code

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,25075245-5001021,00.html
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2009, 12:20 PM
Mobile Model: Sprint Pro
Mobile Carrier: 2963 DL speed REV A

Thanked 2,006 Times in 615 Posts

View broSki's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View broSki's Photo Album Add broSki's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: 1st Touch Pro 2 stolen

hell yea dump that damn rom son lmaoooo...u kno 6.5 getting ported for tp and diam users anyway bro....I dont think this fone droppin for sprint but even if i were on gsm i wont ever get it...il wait for those nvidias wink wink lol
The Following User Says Thank You to broSki For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2009, 12:41 PM
Mobile Model: sprint mogul
Mobile Carrier: sprint

View monkeyxiv's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View monkeyxiv's Photo Album Add monkeyxiv's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

maybe itll make its way to the hands of no2chem
Old 02-18-2009, 01:08 PM
EkLiPz3
Mobile Model: BB Bold 9700
Mobile Carrier: T-Mobile
Mobile OS: BlackBerry

View eklipz3's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View eklipz3's Photo Album Add eklipz3's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Wow thats crazy M$ gets everything they've ever had a share in leaked.. makes you wonder if stuff like this happens to them on purpose or for a reason. like do they send someone out to do it so they can try to get a better share on the market for early releases of there product kinda like a "try before you buy" thing.
The Following User Says Thank You to eklipz3 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2009, 08:18 PM
ADMIN-Watch what you say!
Mobile Model: Touch PRO2, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: On the NOW Network

Thanked 6,030 Times in 1,977 Posts

View BiG JeW's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BiG JeW's Photo Album Add BiG JeW's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by eklipz3 View Post

Wow thats crazy M$ gets everything they've ever had a share in leaked.. makes you wonder if stuff like this happens to them on purpose or for a reason. like do they send someone out to do it so they can try to get a better share on the market for early releases of there product kinda like a "try before you buy" thing.
Agreed!.... Oh by the way... I like your SIG!

The Following User Says Thank You to BiG JeW For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2009, 08:24 PM
EkLiPz3

View eklipz3's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View eklipz3's Photo Album Add eklipz3's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by BiG JeW View Post

Agreed!.... Oh by the way... I like your SIG!
Thanks man i made it myself
Old 02-18-2009, 09:15 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: 1st Touch Pro 2 stolen!!

its more of a like lets "leak" this os or this rom like many times in the past so forums can work out and fix the bugs than we will release officially....... (and the saddest part is that they still **** it up.)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2009, 09:29 PM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 6,468 Times in 1,715 Posts

View Mike20PR's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mike20PR's Photo Album Add Mike20PR's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i hope that the guy who stole it does the right thing......... DUMP THE ROM!!!! How long till we have all the cool stuff that we currently do (touchflo3d, htc apps etc.) on a full filled WM6.5 rom?

The Following User Says Thank You to Mike20PR For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2009, 05:17 AM
EkLiPz3

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

its more of a like lets "leak" this os or this rom like many times in the past so forums can work out and fix the bugs than we will release officially....... (and the saddest part is that they still **** it up.)
Yup.. same thing happen wit win98.. xp.. vista.. 7.. and all the mobile OS's i swear its like they fell off or something the only reason i still use M$ products is 1. i love my touch pro ... and 2. my gf hates linux... but thats why i dual boot . Its sad that a community of people can take something that smart people are getting paid 2 put together and make it 10x better and faster and we do it for free.
Old 02-19-2009, 12:22 PM
Mobile Model: Sprint Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 1,567 Times in 480 Posts

View Sh0wNuF's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Sh0wNuF's Photo Album Add Sh0wNuF's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

hopefully whoever snagged it knows what they got and isn't just some petty thief that stole it for the money...fingers crossed

Old 02-25-2009, 10:55 PM
EkLiPz3

I dont kno if this is old new to some but check this out

Code

http://www.obsessable.com/news/2009/02/23/microsoft-secures-stolen-windows-mobile-6-5-smartphone/
Old 02-26-2009, 11:00 AM

I dont kno if this is old new to some but check this out

Code

http://www.obsessable.com/news/2009/02/23/microsoft-secures-stolen-windows-mobile-6-5-smartphone/
hahaha just another trick by microsoft like sprint did with it being STOLEN and than it gets leaked and ported and than we do all the testing for them and all they have to do is read and fix or read and go off the fixes already made.
Old 02-26-2009, 03:56 PM
EkLiPz3

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

hahaha just another trick by microsoft like sprint did with it being STOLEN and than it gets leaked and ported and than we do all the testing for them and all they have to do is read and fix or read and go off the fixes already made.
Couldnt have said it any better dash! I was like WTF remote shutdown of a OS? ROFL.. but i guess they just wanna make there selves feel like there the s*#t now and cry later when 6.5 flops.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
1st, pro, stolen, touch