Random Community Topics

Post New ThreadReply

Old 02-25-2009, 10:05 AM
cuz215 cuz215 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View cuz215's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View cuz215's Photo Album Add cuz215's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
HTC Touch Pro/ATT Fuze vs iPhone

So I'm sick of Sprints hidden fees and all around bullsh*t, so i'm going from them, to ATT w/in a wee of so.

I currently have a Touch pros w/Sprint. Now that Im' going to ATT, my choice is basically between the iPhone and the Fuse. Personally I'm loving the Touch Pro, so going to the Fuse would be seamless for me, but I've always bee curios about the iPhone, and always wanted one, namly due to the cool apps and games available the WM devices are currently lacking. Basically all I use my phone for is for basic phone functions, time waster games, internet (basic surfing and video/audio playback, MP3 player, GPS apps, and internet tethering every once in a while.
Bascially my questions goes out to all those who have had experience with botht he Touch Pro/Fuse, and the iPhone. I just want to know what is more recommended? What are some of the major differences or pros/cons of each phone. Thanks in advance for the advice guys!
Old 02-25-2009, 10:16 AM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch & Pro!!
Mobile OS: 6.1

Thanked 4,891 Times in 1,440 Posts

View crazaytalent's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View crazaytalent's Photo Album Add crazaytalent's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: HTC Touch Pro/ATT Fuze vs iPhone

What apps that the Iphone has, that WM doesnt?!... I think youll be makin a mistake if you the the iphone over the fuze... if anything, get the fuze, and if your that curious for iphone buy a second hand one or one of the 99 dollars ones from walmart... seems like so many ppl I know who have em, dont like em... IMO

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crazaytalent For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2009, 03:40 PM
MurdaROM Creator
Mobile Model: HTC Hero

View trentonmac's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View trentonmac's Photo Album Add trentonmac's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I have a Touch Pro and my roommate has an iPhone. Personally I like the Pro MUCH better, but I also love to tweak and mess with all the little settings so that they are my way and my phone is EXACTLY how I want it. If you just want a phone that works pretty much flawless out of the box has some nice/inovative apps and you really dont want to tweak it then go iphone.

A side note though AT&T phone rate for the iphone is pretty high compared to a simplyeverthing plan. Me and my girlfrend have 2 phones, 1500 shared minutes, FULL TEP insurance and unlimited everything else and we pay less than my roomate does for 1 iPhone 900 minutes NO ALLOWED INSURANCE and unlimited everything else.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trentonmac For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2009, 04:03 PM
SPJ FREAKSTER!
Mobile Model: PRO&DIAMOND!!
Mobile Carrier: Rev a speeeeeddddddd

Thanked 1,139 Times in 584 Posts

View 1mrlcb's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View 1mrlcb's Photo Album Add 1mrlcb's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I own both the iphone and sprint touch pro and personally i would pick my pro over my iphone the iphone is more of a mutimedia toy and it lags and has some bugs in the os as well as wm but ive had more lock ups on my iphone then my pro but if you are looking to surf the web and watch movies music games etc go with the iphone but if you want a real phone go with the pro and the iphone is actially pretty customizable if you jailbreak it but you cant change the interface and with the pro as you know needs a lotta tweaking outta the box and the iphone is a ready outta the box dumy proof phone and theres only 1 keyboard and many options on the pro but at the end its your personal preference but good luck and let us know what you get

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1mrlcb For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2009, 04:07 PM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 6,468 Times in 1,715 Posts

View Mike20PR's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mike20PR's Photo Album Add Mike20PR's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

from what you mentioned you wanted the device for, the iphone looks like a better device for you. (cept tethering)

The Following User Says Thank You to Mike20PR For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2009, 04:17 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

the responces above are pretty much the same that i would have also....... and hidden charges? i never got any from sprint beofre.... bill mistakes yes, but never hiden charges..... if you need a basic phone that isnt as customizable app wise than go with the iphone.... if you want something that will also take care of business than go with the fuze.... i woudl def go with the fuze myself but choose the one that fits your needs better.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2009, 05:18 PM

View cuz215's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View cuz215's Photo Album Add cuz215's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Thanks for the input guys. I think I'm going to have to mul this over. I like the ability to customize that the Fuse offers, and I didn't know that the OS for the iPhone locks up and freezes/glitches as much as WM. One thing that was mentioned was that the Pro is better for tethering, which is something I deffinitely need, but how much better is the tethering on the Pro opposed to the iPhone? Either way, I'll have to keep weighing my options. I'll let you guys know what I end up going with.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:25 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by cuz215 View Post

Thanks for the input guys. I think I'm going to have to mul this over. I like the ability to customize that the Fuse offers, and I didn't know that the OS for the iPhone locks up and freezes/glitches as much as WM. One thing that was mentioned was that the Pro is better for tethering, which is something I deffinitely need, but how much better is the tethering on the Pro opposed to the iPhone? Either way, I'll have to keep weighing my options. I'll let you guys know what I end up going with.
is there even a free way to tether on the iphone?? also if you can the internet 3G speeds are going to be terribly slow when you tether making internet surfing boring and frustrating instead of fun...
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2009, 07:28 PM
SPJ FREAKSTER!

View 1mrlcb's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View 1mrlcb's Photo Album Add 1mrlcb's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

is there even a free way to tether on the iphone?? also if you can the internet 3G speeds are going to be terribly slow when you tether making internet surfing boring and frustrating instead of fun...
Nope theres no way to tether and if so not to my knowledge but if you need tetgering definatly go with the pro

Old 02-25-2009, 07:53 PM

OK guys, once again, thanks for all the input, it really help me make my decision. I'm sticking with HTC!! After thinking about it, I realized, as a PC tech for a living, I need something I can dig into and customize, and I need good tethering, so I"m sticking with my Pro. Actually, I'm going to hold off on switching to ATT for now. I'm gonna jump on the TouchPro2 when it gets to the US, which acording to "grapevine", should be here in Late July.

Anyone know what carriers are going to carry the TouchPro2? Or have any more specific info other than late 2nd Qtr release?

Thanks again!!
Old 02-25-2009, 08:00 PM
SPJ FREAKSTER!

OK guys, once again, thanks for all the input, it really help me make my decision. I'm sticking with HTC!! After thinking about it, I realized, as a PC tech for a living, I need something I can dig into and customize, and I need good tethering, so I"m sticking with my Pro. Actually, I'm going to hold off on switching to ATT for now. I'm gonna jump on the TouchPro2 when it gets to the US, which acording to "grapevine", should be here in Late July.

Anyone know what carriers are going to carry the TouchPro2? Or have any more specific info other than late 2nd Qtr release?

Thanks again!!
idk which carriers yet since its not even released in the us but its not a really big upgrade from the pro other than a big screen

The Following User Says Thank You to 1mrlcb For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2009, 08:13 PM

Thanks again!!
yup pretty much the larger screen and of course the tilt screen are the major differences.... the first that will see it in the USA are going to be the GSM providers than sprint will jump on board and shortly after them alltel and than lonely old sucky verizon since they take mpre time to release why they decide how they are going to cripple and kill the newest HTC device.
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2009, 08:28 PM
SPJ FREAKSTER!

Aw yea another thing that sucks on the iphone is the youtube app mines always is crashing and never playing vids and ive tried everything but just a heads up

Old 02-26-2009, 08:10 PM
Mobile Model: Sprint Touch Pro

Thanked 1,567 Times in 480 Posts

View Sh0wNuF's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Sh0wNuF's Photo Album Add Sh0wNuF's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

hell yeah keep it htc brother...plus you could always go out and grab an ipod touch which is what i did...you get to keep a kick ass phone and have a cool lil gadget to mess around with and play music

The Following User Says Thank You to Sh0wNuF For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
fuze, htc, iphone, pro or att, touch