Blackberry Curve or Blackjack II

Random Community Topics

Post New ThreadReply

Old 01-29-2009, 07:44 PM
Porschefb61 Porschefb61 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: Mogul

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View Porschefb61's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Porschefb61's Photo Album Add Porschefb61's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Blackberry Curve or Blackjack II

Im switching to AT&T soon and I am tight on money so Im trying to decide between the Blackberry Curve and the Blackjack II. I know, of the two, the Blackjack has Windows Mobile and Im kinda leaning toward it because of that reason. But, the screen is a different size than the Diamond so will I be able to run any of the programs from this website on it? And is there any quality difference between the two phones. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Old 01-29-2009, 07:50 PM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 6,468 Times in 1,715 Posts

View Mike20PR's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mike20PR's Photo Album Add Mike20PR's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Blackberry Curve or Blackjack II

“ Originally Posted by Porschefb61 View Post

Im switching to AT&T soon and I am tight on money so Im trying to decide between the Blackberry Curve and the Blackjack II. I know, of the two, the Blackjack has Windows Mobile and Im kinda leaning toward it because of that reason. But, the screen is a different size than the Diamond so will I be able to run any of the programs from this website on it? And is there any quality difference between the two phones. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
depends on what you are going to use it for, when it comes to modding there are more apps for wm smartphones than blackberries, so id go with the blackjack

skyfire and seeqpod mobile are two highly recomended apps and i know that they have a smartphone version

plus i have heard great reviews on that device

The Following User Says Thank You to Mike20PR For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2009, 07:50 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

any app or game that doesnt require finger pressure (like touchflo) you wont be able to use but many you can use with a smartphone.... in the descriptions for the apps you will see it say WM 2003-WM6.1 and PPC 2003-6.1. if it has that first part with just wm and the type it will work on your device.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2009, 08:18 PM
The Man with the Plan!
Mobile Model: Mogul/Touch/IPHONE3G
Mobile Carrier: Sprint,AT&T,T-Mobile

Thanked 4,700 Times in 1,421 Posts

View ICEM/\N's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ICEM/\N's Photo Album Add ICEM/\N's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

well,to be honest I think both devices suck...but when it comes to one over the other I would definitely say get the blackjack 2 because you will find more things out there for it than you will for the blackberry in software respects. Now you won't be able to use alot of stuff on here for the blackjack because most of our apps are created for windows mobile phones with windows mobile professional on them These are usually pocket pc devices like with the AT&T they have the HTC FUZE, LG INCITE, and HTC TILT. The easy way to tell between windows mobile standard which is on the blackjack and professional is easy...touch screen windows devices have professional and non-touch screen windows devices have the standard version such as the AT&T blackjack, Pantech Duo, Motorola Q...and some other devices they have that I can't recall right now. In case your wondering what the difference is...the words standard and professional so go along way in telling you that one is limiting than the other obviously. I know you want to save money...but to be honest if you want to upgrade and be stuck in another 2 year contract and want a cool smartphone device with at&t I would recommend the next 3 devices in the order I place them and the first 2 most of all the last one I am just throwing out there: HTC FUZE, Apple Iphone 3G, & Blackberry Bold.

But if you are intent on picking between the blackjack 2 and blackberry curve than I would get the blackjack 2 because of windows mobile and the fact that it is a 3G enabled device which means faster network speeds, plus it is a much newer device than the current blackberry curve with AT&T.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ICEM/\N For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2009, 08:31 PM
Porschefb61 Porschefb61 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: Mogul

View Porschefb61's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Porschefb61's Photo Album Add Porschefb61's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Thanks for all the responses. You guys helped a lot.

Old 01-30-2009, 09:45 PM
Mobile Model: Sprint Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

View Moebius's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Moebius's Photo Album Add Moebius's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Thanks for all the responses. You guys helped a lot.
Just to add an opposing point of view (well kinda)...

If you're looking to hack and mod and all that good jazz, go blackjack. If you need a solid phone that you don't have to worry about rebooting, or crashing on you, or any of that type.. (i.e. if you're not a power user, or you're a main business user type) go Blackberry.

My wife has one as well as my brother, so I've played with it quite a bit, and I have to admit it's a solid piece of phone. Browsing is probably it's weakest point, unless skyfire comes out with a BB version, but otherwise, good phone, piece of cake to use, and stable as anything.

Old 02-04-2009, 06:47 PM
Mobile Model: Motorola Rizr Z3
Mobile Carrier: Tmobile

View Evolancer13's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Evolancer13's Photo Album Add Evolancer13's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i prefer the Curve, but the blackjack 2 is also awsome... and arent they releasing another Curve (soon)?

Old 03-02-2009, 12:26 PM
Mobile Model: HTC TyTn II
Mobile Carrier: AT&T
Mobile OS: 5.0

View checker jim's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View checker jim's Photo Album Add checker jim's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I just switched to ATT myself.. I went with the blackjack 2 also..
I plan to get a ppc.. but did not want to pay ATTs price for it.. I am leaning twards the fuze.. the blackjack is not bad but going from a mogul to a non touch screen device is night and day.. all in all its not a bad phone at all, I do not like the screen lock and the buttons are a little small for my taste.. kind of feels like a treo..
I dont think I will be keeping it long.. the Fuze would have to be my number 1 ATT phone pick..
The Following User Says Thank You to checker jim For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2009, 12:32 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by checker jim View Post

I just switched to ATT myself.. I went with the blackjack 2 also..
I plan to get a ppc.. but did not want to pay ATTs price for it.. I am leaning twards the fuze.. the blackjack is not bad but going from a mogul to a non touch screen device is night and day.. all in all its not a bad phone at all, I do not like the screen lock and the buttons are a little small for my taste.. kind of feels like a treo..
I dont think I will be keeping it long.. the Fuze would have to be my number 1 ATT phone pick..
thanks for the input and you may want to change you device model in your user cp since it still says that you have the mogul..... if those stay up to date it makes it a lot easier on everyone so they dont have to keep asking what phone you have or assume that you have what is listed...

Thanks
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
blackberry, blackjack, curve