gadget945 gadget945 is offline   Thread Starter  
NOOB 4 EVER
Mobile Model: Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

Thanked 1,370 Times in 335 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View gadget945's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View gadget945's Photo Album Add gadget945's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Sprints Short and Curlies

Okay, I don't know if anyone else has been having this issue, since that online replacement thingie won't work for me to upgrade my mogul since I have a repair center within 50 miles of me.

Here's what this RANT is about. I have had the mogul since right before Ike hit last year. Let's call it October 2008 when I got it and my hubby's.

I really don't think I beat up my handsets, got screen overlays and a pouch I carry it in and a hard case on the handset itself. Don't let my kids play with it, am very mindful of it being a PPC.

Since October 2008, I have had 6 replacements. Today I got my 7th. No shortage in warehouses near me for these it seems. I unpacked it and went to put my battery in and noticed that the sticker was different. This one looked bigger. So I looked closer. That's when I noticed the hairs. Hairs in my battery compartment. Short and curly BLONDE hairs. I've got black hair, my hubby's is brown. Did his mistress get a hold of my handset?? I think not.

Had it not been for the post about the germs, eww, I might not have been so grossed out. Then I thought about it, and realized that these should be refurbed in a "clean" environment, right? No stray hairs, dust, etc. The hairs weren't laying in the battery compartment, they were under the case, like the case had been snapped closed with them on there.

I don't know what gives with this, but I called customer service, and they were like, just wipe it down. It looks like someone had, the metal was kind of hazy, like they had wiped it down quickly and there was a film with streaks in it. I explained that the problem I have been having is that the keyboard in my handsets keeps messing up. If there is a hair where I can see it, what about where I can't?

The only reason I have much practical experience at loading roms and cabs is because I have to do it once a month just on my handset alone.

This is ridiculous. I tried to explain to tech support that this is unacceptable. My bestest calm voice and rational, even tone. The lady that I talked to said that she totally understood, and that she was going to send me another handset right away.

Can anyone explain to me how I can get out of this seemingly eternal run around? Or should I just continue to do my part in purging moguls out of the system? Can anyone send me a copy of emails that people have sent in to Sprint to get them to upgrade without cost to a Pro?

I'd like to put something together that would explain my frustration and irritation without seeming like a total wack job. I don't think it will be too hard.

Since I haven't had the handset for 12 months, rebates won't work for me. Which means that the cost on a Pro would be right at $400. I would have to get two, since hubby's isn't acting right either.

I've tried to calmly explain this to the people at Sprint. I know that some of the folks on this forum work for sprint. Not asking for any favors, just suggestions. I was going to get Dash to mod my mogul, but there doesn't seem to be any point in it, since I would have to get everything on a jump drive or something since I would have to change my handset so often.

Sorry to go on for so long, but I just am at my wit's end, and that in and of itself isn't a long trip anyway. Is there anyone out there that can help me?

Thanks for tolerating the whining.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gadget945 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2009, 06:09 PM
OG Member
Mobile Model: Pixel 7 Pro
Mobile Carrier: Metro PCS
Mobile OS: Android

Thanked 10,859 Times in 2,859 Posts
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 152

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Sprints Short and Curlies

i take it you have the tep plan? well i didn't have any issues replacing my unit with the pro they did send me a refurbish mogul after telling them that the replacement couldn't turn on they was about to send me another battery.so i stop them at there track and said to them that i have a spare battery and it didn't matter which one it is, it still can't turn on so they send me the pro a day later.I think what you have to do is ask to speak to a supervisor and give them your mind.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to puertoblack2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2009, 06:25 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i have to agree with puertoblack2003, try to reason logically and calmly with them and if they still dont grasp what you are getting at than start to become gradually more stern and do this with retentions... when you call customer service as immediately before even giving your info to be transferred to retentions.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2009, 07:01 PM

Thanked 1,455 Times in 377 Posts

View Metalmayhem's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Metalmayhem's Photo Album Add Metalmayhem's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Well I heard all you have to do is use a North Dakota zipcode to bypass the online exchange and just keep trying online till it offers you a pro. Or...Try talking to the escalations department, thats how I trade my mogul for a pro, way before the online service thing. I did this in November right when the pros came out.

goodluck.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Metalmayhem For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2009, 07:15 PM
NOOB 4 EVER

View gadget945's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View gadget945's Photo Album Add gadget945's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

On the phone with retentions right now. Poor guy, his name is Jean Luce, as in Picard. Geez. He says he's got to call me back in 10 minutes because he's going to try talking to Tech Support and his supervisor. Tried to explain that there is no sense in them sending me another refurb that is probably going to have the same issues as the last one. Told him I saw where other people had gotten a TP as a replacement, but that it was one time when they didn't have any refurbed Moguls in stock.

will post more in a bit.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gadget945 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2009, 07:31 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by gadget945 View Post

On the phone with retentions right now. Poor guy, his name is Jean Luce, as in Picard. Geez. He says he's got to call me back in 10 minutes because he's going to try talking to Tech Support and his supervisor. Tried to explain that there is no sense in them sending me another refurb that is probably going to have the same issues as the last one. Told him I saw where other people had gotten a TP as a replacement, but that it was one time when they didn't have any refurbed Moguls in stock.

will post more in a bit.
cool cool good luck and keep us informed... you got his emplyee number and extension too correct? always a good thing no matter what you are calling for to get that information so you have an out.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2009, 07:31 PM
Mobile Model: Sprint Touch Pro

Thanked 1,567 Times in 480 Posts

View Sh0wNuF's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Sh0wNuF's Photo Album Add Sh0wNuF's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

will post more in a bit.
no don't give them a way out by saying that they didn't have moguls in stock...just tell them that you have gotten seven bad models and that you are very unsatisfied with them and that you know that the touch pro hasn't had the problems that you are experienced and that you are thinking about going to at&t if the problem keeps happening and you should be able to get a pro

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sh0wNuF For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2009, 08:01 PM
NOOB 4 EVER

Latest -

DIdn't get his last name and unit number. Forgot to do that, was having issues here at work with an idiot while on the phone with him. His final option was to go through the insurance and he would pay one of the deductibles. So that's two Touch Pros aka UTStarcom6850s for $50.00. How's that? Not free, but way better than the $700.00 they wanted me to pay. Any comments?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gadget945 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2009, 09:41 PM
InsomniAddict
Mobile Model: MogulTouchProTouchHD

Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,397 Posts

View scott8813's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View scott8813's Photo Album Add scott8813's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

All very good advice.....and they won't give you their last name....for security reasons. You have to do like D/\SH said and get their employee number.

ok but here's your trump card!!!! I don't know how long you have been with sprint but if you are sitting anywhere from i'd say about 6 to 7 plus years this is what you do if you are at your wits end as you say and just want to get what you want. Call the extension *2 and go through their bs until you get to talk to a representative. When they ask how to help don't give them anything other than you are dissatisfied and it will be for the last time and that you wish to talk to the account cancellations department. (D/\SH may be able to get you a quicker more direct line to dial. But then again after they have verified your customer identity in their systems before redirecting they will most likely note on your account your disgruntlement before sending you to your next victim). OK, the cancellations people are a whole nother crowd of folks that will not be like the normal uninformed/halfway listening customer service people that you are use to dealing with. (no offense to any sprint customer service reps that are members or are here stealing tech support information) These guys actually will know the meaning of "customer service". They're only given goal is to keep you contributing to their paycheck and if you are one of those 7+ years customers then your every word is law as far as they are concerned. Losing long term customers to them is like peeing on their boss' desk right infront of him (please pardon my temporary vulgarness ma'am. just trying to paint a picture here) Tell them the truth and what you have gone through and that you have finally decided that you don't wish to endure such inproffesionalism any longer. Say it even if you love sprint and want to be their life long partner. They will always give you an out (almost at the end of your every sentence). At this point if it feels like they are drooling over your loyalty enough, then give them your request......if they haven't already offered it withiin the first few seconds of your conversation.

Anyway, that's just my two cents. Take it or leave it. Just keep in mind that I am about to hit my 10 year marker and am currently watching tv on my 5th free Touch Pro while replying to your thread. Good luck to ya!!!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to scott8813 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2009, 09:54 PM
NOOB 4 EVER

Another update -

Got through with Asurion - online as a matter of fact - my hubby's is on the way.

Then comes the bombshell - they can't do mine. Just had it replaced, won't do it.

Then, I call and talk to them - no good. Can't do it, no matter what Sprint says, got to call Sprint.

On hold now for supervisor in retentions.

Wish me luck!

I REALLY NEED A DRINK!!!!

--------- New Post Merged on 28/3/2009 at 1226 --------

Okay - here's another update.

Just got off the phone with a Robert in Albequerque, New Mexico, he gave me his phone number.

He and his boss got together and decided that the best that they could do for me was to take $100 off the retail price of the phone and immediately credit the $100 rebate.

So, hubby has a TP on the way from insurance for $50 and I got one for $100.
Not a great deal, but not a bad deal. Guess I'm just not as good as the other people at getting through to these people. 8 handsets in 6 months. Geez.

What I need to know now is. Does anyone want to buy my Mogul for parts? Going to put it on ebay to see what I can get for it, to help cover the costs.

I sent off the email already about the icky situation. Also going to send an update for them with the issues of folks not following through with what they told me.

Don't know what to do at this point. Having issues with the keyboard, but was told that it's just because I'm picky.

Old 03-27-2009, 11:20 PM
InsomniAddict

View scott8813's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View scott8813's Photo Album Add scott8813's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Another update -

Got through with Asurion - online as a matter of fact - my hubby's is on the way.

Then comes the bombshell - they can't do mine. Just had it replaced, won't do it.

Then, I call and talk to them - no good. Can't do it, no matter what Sprint says, got to call Sprint.

On hold now for supervisor in retentions.

Wish me luck!

I REALLY NEED A DRINK!!!!

now asurion is the devil and wishes to do the exact opposite of everything that i just said. I wouldn't ever even waiste my time with them.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scott8813 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2009, 02:05 AM
NOOB 4 EVER

Scott - I didn't want to go through Asurion, but that was the only remaining option that I was given by Sprint.

Now I have decided that my email to Sprint is going to have to be more in-depth because of the recent events.

I just have to leave this alone for a bit.

Have new project, got to find my tequila, gonna take a nap, get back up at 11 for work again.

The Following User Says Thank You to gadget945 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2009, 11:33 AM
InsomniAddict

Scott - I didn't want to go through Asurion, but that was the only remaining option that I was given by Sprint.

Now I have decided that my email to Sprint is going to have to be more in-depth because of the recent events.

I just have to leave this alone for a bit.

Have new project, got to find my tequila, gonna take a nap, get back up at 11 for work again.
Well i guess more power to ya. I really hate when they win though. And they wait for people to give up too easily. You sound like you may just be too nice of a person, which works out for ya more in the end than the opposite anyway.

Old 04-01-2009, 10:36 PM
NOOB 4 EVER

Scott -

Trust me, I'm definitely not done with them. Asurion was paid off by Sprint, but I am still harping on Sprint because now my TP that hubby uses doesn't want to connect to the web again. Been on the phone with them since 2030 tonight and am still on the phone with him now.

--------- New Post Merged on 2/4/2009 at 0218 --------

Okay, as of 2300 CST (01 APR), I have been told that I have to call Asurion in the morning, to have them send me a new TP for hubby. Internet is not working (IE and Opera) at all, will not tether, but the phone side works.

I downloaded some stuff on it, and it was able to get online enough to download his contacts off of Dashwire, so no one knows what happened to it.

I put his line of service onto my old mogul, since he doesn't use the keyboard as much as I did, so we shall see.

--------- New Post Merged on 2/4/2009 at 0243 --------

Okay, I be tired, I haven't slept in the last 40 hours, had to babysit a cranky toddler at 0400, and searching sucks sometimes, and sometimes you can't think of the words to use to get a search done.

I have to get this TP ready to send back to Asurion, I don't want to microwave it, but I'm close to it right now.

I need to get it back to stock. Did the hard reset, but can I flash back to the stock rom?

If I run the ruu again, I follow the prompts and put it back to the way it was before, right?

I want someone to hold my hand.... waaa.

Thanks for letting me vent.

The Following User Says Thank You to gadget945 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2009, 06:46 AM
Mobile Model: Mogul, Pro, Iphone
Mobile Carrier: Sprint, At&t

View nadcicle's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View nadcicle's Photo Album Add nadcicle's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

If you feel that you won't get much out of selling the phone for parts and you actually do shop at best buy I'd say do that thing that D/\SH posted about sending it in and getting a 100 dollar coupon to spend at best buy. It does take anywhere between 4 to 6 weeks though.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nadcicle For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2009, 07:15 PM
NOOB 4 EVER

It's a good thing I didn't get rid of it, hubby's TP went to poopooville, so I had to put his line on it.

Thinking I'm going to hold onto it, just to be on the safe side.

I dunno anymore, sleep depravation's got a hold to me.

Post New ThreadReply

Tags
curlies, issue, mogul, rant, short, sprint, sprints