Old 03-20-2009, 01:35 AM
iamdasht19 iamdasht19 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
New News On WM 6.5

Article -

Code

http://msmobiles.com/news.php/8115.html
Link -

Code

http://videos.visitmix.com/MIX09/T61F

We already knew that the revenue split will be 70% for developers and 30% for Microsoft, but now more details have been unveiled! ... including several new unknown things!

Firstly "automatic updates" to applications are coming so app store for Windows Mobile certainly will not be merely a website (note also: payment with credit cards too, not just through carriers):

Secondly not only native code (C/C++) and .NET apps will be in the store but also widgets:

Every Windows Mobile phone will have the app store in it:

... and Windows Mobile market place will be available in the following countries:

Here is a short description of this demonstration:

Learn about the cool new Windows Mobile 6.5 mobile platform! Hear about the new UI, the 6.5 emulator and other SDK tools, and Web enhancements in Internet Explorer Mobile including support for the W3C Mobile Widget Packaging and Configuration standard. Also see a demo of the new Windows Mobile 6.5 User Interface and productivity enhancements.
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked
Old 03-31-2009, 11:03 AM
Mobile Model: iphone 3gs
Mobile Carrier: at&t
Mobile OS: Iphone

View claudius's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View claudius's Photo Album Add claudius's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: New News On WM 65

i thinking about changing to the iphone for apps i guess ill wait for 6.5
Old 03-31-2009, 11:28 AM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by claudius View Post

i thinking about changing to the iphone for apps i guess ill wait for 6.5
for apps? are you kidding me? wm doesnt have as many of the fun useless apps but has way more useful apps than iphone will ever have...... i dont know why peopel think the iphone is all mighty and cool to have... what is it that persuades you to getting/wanting an iphone?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2009, 11:49 AM

View claudius's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View claudius's Photo Album Add claudius's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

1of my friends got the g1 and the rest iphones they do ridiulus things with the motion aps to touch i been feeling left out when they say they got a app for everything and they do from levels to reading heartbeats all they do is go to the appstore and easy done
The Following User Says Thank You to claudius For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2009, 12:25 PM

1of my friends got the g1 and the rest iphones they do ridiulus things with the motion aps to touch i been feeling left out when they say they got a app for everything and they do from levels to reading heartbeats all they do is go to the appstore and easy done
dont matter they are all fake apps that the iphone has and they are for fun.... you would be disappointed in the iphone if you had one.... they can only show you the app once before you think it is old also..... you iwll be happier with WM and im sure many others will tell you that when they see this post.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2009, 12:38 PM
Mobile Model: TP
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 2,840 Times in 1,141 Posts

View TweetyBear's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View TweetyBear's Photo Album Add TweetyBear's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: New News On WM 6.5

i completely agree with dash. those useless apps are just phone for a day or so, and that's about it. WM has so much more apps that u can actually use and will stay using in the future. get your head straight!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TweetyBear For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2009, 01:34 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch & Pro!!
Mobile OS: 6.1

Thanked 4,891 Times in 1,440 Posts

View crazaytalent's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View crazaytalent's Photo Album Add crazaytalent's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Everything you can do on the iphone you can do on a win mo phone, especially the newer models like my pro... every app they show in the commercials, I had way back when i had my touch, or I have now, and i either played w/ them, and got rid of them after a minute cuz they were useless, or kept cuz i use hem, like barcorama... that leveling app comes built standard in the pro... and most of the games have been ported or are being ported the these win mo devices... the question is can Iphone do any of the other thing a win mo phone can do?... Nope!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to crazaytalent For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2009, 05:40 PM

i like the work that u guys r doing can u guys post some of the things that windows mobile can do that iphone cant do i am getting convince to keep my windows mobule
Old 04-01-2009, 01:58 PM
Creativity Unleashed
Mobile Model: htc pro2 baby!!!!!!
Mobile Carrier: sprint

Thanked 4,467 Times in 1,422 Posts

View PHE-NOM's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View PHE-NOM's Photo Album Add PHE-NOM's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

for apps? are you kidding me? wm doesnt have as many of the fun useless apps but has way more useful apps than iphone will ever have...... i dont know why peopel think the iphone is all mighty and cool to have... what is it that persuades you to getting/wanting an iphone?
well, for starters he only has the mogul. i also thought the iphone was the shit, but then i got my pro! now im like i-who? lol.

Old 04-01-2009, 03:57 PM
Mobile Model: Sprint Touch Pro
Mobile OS: 6.1

View Moebius's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Moebius's Photo Album Add Moebius's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I look at it this way. The iPhone is a really powerful, toy filled, cell phone. IMHO, though, it is in no way a Smart Phone. Yeah, I'd love some of the motion sensor racing games and such for killing time, but beyond that, I need the power of a real smart phone (not to mention full keyboard). I've had a few "iBuddies" try and convince me of the awesome-ness by showing me how cool it is to slide through photos.

"Oh yeah, I can do that do."
"Well can you zoom with in by dragging your fingers?" - ok, I will admit multi touch is nice.
"No, but I can zoom in with one finger"
Then I got an email from work.
"Yeah, I can sync with exchange servers now too" they say.
Then I opened the attached powerpoint presentation I needed to review. "Is there an app for this?"

That ended the conversation.

Now, back on the original topic. My fear of 6.5 and subsequent WinMo versions is that they'll try and go too iPhoney, making it harder for power users like us to hack and tweak the hell out of our devices. I hope not, but that's my fear.

The Following User Says Thank You to Moebius For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2009, 04:01 PM
Mobile Model: HtC ToUcH PrIzZo 2
Mobile Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanked 5,534 Times in 1,710 Posts

View GokuSS3's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View GokuSS3's Photo Album Add GokuSS3's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I like the Idea of them coming out with 6.5 for the update and to make the phone run faster. But not sure about the Interface it is running I think I like tf3d way better. But I could be wrong until I play with it lol

The Following User Says Thank You to GokuSS3 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2009, 04:15 PM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2

Thanked 6,468 Times in 1,715 Posts

View Mike20PR's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mike20PR's Photo Album Add Mike20PR's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by gokuss3 View Post

i like the idea of them coming out with 6.5 for the update and to make the phone run faster. But not sure about the interface it is running i think i like tf3d way better. But i could be wrong until i play with it lol
i have it and honestlly i will never go back to the ugly ass 6.1, sure its not a complete overhaul but the new start menu, interface, lock screen and passwork unlock, kinetic scrolling, pie8, scrollbars, contacts upgrade, menus etc. Makes me not need to look for 3rd party replacements for the basic apps anymore which i hated cuz i could not stand the fact that i had two or three of the same app... Now i can only install the add on apps for my own entertainment which gives my device a more complete feel. I love it!!! I am running nfsfan 6.5 v4 off the 21198 build which has all the featuresand its perfect, fast and i havent gotten a freeze, lockup,lag, or need to reset yet woohoo

ABOUT THE IPHONE, I LIKE IT VERY MUCH AND I WOULD GET ME ONE TO PLAY WITH WHEN THE NEW ONE DROPS AND I AM AWARE OF WHAT MARKET ITS INTENDED FOR SO NO NEED TO COMPARE IT TO A PPC ANYMORE CUZ ITS AN ENTERTAINMENT DEVICE NOT A POCKETPC, PLUS I HAVE FOUND REALLY GOOD APPS FOR IT SO NOT ALL OF THEM ARE IFART OR I BEER ND SHIT AND A LOT OF THEM ARE QUITE USEFUL, BUT ALL THE IPHONE/WINMO BASHING IS GETTING OLD OK, IF ANYONE WANTS TO GET AN IPHONE THEN BE MY GUESS NO NEED TO RIDICULE HIM/HER, IF WE ALWAYS END UP HAVING THE IPHONE BASH THEN WE ARE NO BETTER THAN THOSE ANNOYING APPLE FANBOY/TROLLS

(OOPS THE TEXT DNT REFORMAT WHEN I EDITED LOL, SORRY FOR THE CAPS)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mike20PR For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2009, 04:18 PM
Creativity Unleashed

View PHE-NOM's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View PHE-NOM's Photo Album Add PHE-NOM's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by Mike20PR View Post

i have it and honestlly i will never go back to the ugly ass 6.1, sure its not a complete overhaul but the new start menu, interface, lock screen and passwork unlock, kinetic scrolling, pie8, scrollbars, contacts upgrade, menus etc. Makes me not need to look for 3rd party replacements for the basic apps anymore which i hated cuz i could not stand the fact that i had two or three of the same app... Now i can only install the add on apps for my own entertainment which gives my device a more complete feel. I love it!!! I am running nfsfan 6.5 v4 off the 21198 build which has all the featuresand its perfect, fast and i havent gotten a freeze, lockup,lag, or need to reset yet woohoo
hey mike, will that rom work on the pro? if so where can i look for it. i really havent look for any wm6.5 roms as of now. but every day i hear more and more about it em.

The Following User Says Thank You to PHE-NOM For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2009, 04:25 PM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN

View Mike20PR's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mike20PR's Photo Album Add Mike20PR's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by PHE-NOM View Post

hey mike, will that rom work on the pro? if so where can i look for it. i really havent look for any wm6.5 roms as of now. but every day i hear more and more about it em.
nah, its for the touch.

but i did see a rom with this build of 6.5 and touchflo3d from rhodium included over at ppcgeeks, its called PhantomROM

Code

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=62796

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mike20PR For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2009, 04:29 PM
Creativity Unleashed

nah, its for the touch.

but i did see a rom with this build of 6.5 and touchflo3d from rhodium included over at ppcgeeks, its called PhantomROM

Code

downloading now, will let you know how it runs tonight. thanks again bro.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PHE-NOM For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2009, 04:36 PM
Mobile Model: HtC ToUcH PrIzZo 2
Mobile Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanked 5,534 Times in 1,710 Posts

View GokuSS3's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View GokuSS3's Photo Album Add GokuSS3's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

nah, its for the touch.

Code

Well I guess I just need to try it out now , cause how you made it sound it is way better than 6.1 Thanks for the info too.
Oh and I haven't seen a rom for Diamond running 6.5 or the TP , you heard of any ?

The Following User Says Thank You to GokuSS3 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2009, 04:39 PM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN

“ Originally Posted by GokuSS3 View Post

Well I guess I just need to try it out now , cause how you made it sound it is way better than 6.1 Thanks for the info too.
check it out and see how it runs, i cant use it cuz i dont have a pro anymore but the version i have on my touch is awesome

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mike20PR For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2009, 06:32 PM
Creativity Unleashed

well this is very nice, and guess what? i aint going back either! it has tf3d2, but i like the start menu wayyyyyy better! i still cant add push pages for the browser thou, but i guess they will get that fixed in due time...

The Following User Says Thank You to PHE-NOM For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2009, 06:34 PM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN

“ Originally Posted by PHE-NOM View Post

well this is very nice, and guess what? i aint going back either! it has tf3d2, but i like the start menu wayyyyyy better! i still cant add push pages for the browser thou, but i guess they will get that fixed in due time...
hahaha glad you like it, good to see all the outdated looking 6.1 things get a little cleaned up rite?

The Following User Says Thank You to Mike20PR For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2009, 06:36 PM
Creativity Unleashed

hahaha glad you like it, good to see all the outdated looking 6.1 things get a little cleaned up rite?
yes bro, its super clean. i definitely take this over the tf3d2 6.1 roms flying around.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PHE-NOM For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2009, 08:43 PM
Mobile Model: htc touch pro

Thanked 2,355 Times in 750 Posts

View tlpalmer01's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View tlpalmer01's Photo Album Add tlpalmer01's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i luv my pro, i like the fact that u can customize everything on the windows mobile including the rom.......just like dash said there are alot of useful apps.....
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tlpalmer01 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2009, 06:36 PM

You guys convince me to stay with windows mobile plus i was at my schools student center and i seen my friend i told him my mogul is acting up this kid walking by laugh u still got a mogul i got a htc touch pro through my insurence i went home tried it touch pro coming monday mad happy ill look through the site to read more about the the touch pro and the cool stuff it can do.
The Following User Says Thank You to claudius For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
news