puertoblack2003 puertoblack2003 is offline   Thread Starter  
OG Member
Mobile Model: Pixel 7 Pro
Mobile Carrier: Metro PCS
Mobile OS: Android

Thanked 10,859 Times in 2,859 Posts
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 152

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Cricket Mobile

has cricket moved in your town? Well i know of one here in philly i only seen one.Mobile companys are trying to compete.what ya think

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to puertoblack2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2009, 11:45 AM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Cricket Mobile

havent seen one or been able to find one in the state of michigan yet...... def not any in grand rapids or the surrounding area.
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2009, 12:20 PM
Mobile Model: Sprint Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 1,567 Times in 480 Posts

View Sh0wNuF's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Sh0wNuF's Photo Album Add Sh0wNuF's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

They have been in colorado for at least 5-7 years and they are nothing special...they have good deals if you just want to call and text people but no speacial data plans or even any decent phones. I remember when they first came out all they had were the really old nokia's.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sh0wNuF For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2009, 01:34 PM
puertoblack2003 puertoblack2003 is offline   Thread Starter  
OG Member
Mobile Model: Pixel 7 Pro
Mobile Carrier: Metro PCS
Mobile OS: Android

Thanked 10,859 Times in 2,859 Posts
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 152

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

yea i just happened to see a grand opening.The ironic thing is it's not far from sprint, metro pcs , and verizon so i figured its a competition thing...lol

The Following User Says Thank You to puertoblack2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2009, 01:52 PM
Mobile Model: Sprint Touch Pro

Thanked 1,567 Times in 480 Posts

View Sh0wNuF's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Sh0wNuF's Photo Album Add Sh0wNuF's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by puertoblack2003 View Post

yea i just happened to see a grand opening.The ironic thing is it's not far from sprint, metro pcs , and verizon so i figured its a competition thing...lol
haha yeah they try to compete, and they do get enough business to stay in business but they are more of a lower end cell phone company and just don't offer the perks/deals like unlimited data, t.v, navigation and other stuff like the other major companies do

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sh0wNuF For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2009, 01:58 PM
Find Em Hot Leave Em Wet
Mobile Model: TP2, omnia, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: Can You Hear Me Now

Thanked 2,677 Times in 807 Posts

View MikeyD's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View MikeyD's Photo Album Add MikeyD's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

out here in New Mexico they suck. They have been here for along time. The bad thing is you have to pay extra for if you want coverage in different parts of the state (you get one city for a good price but start adding up if you want other cities)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MikeyD For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2009, 12:26 AM
Mobile Model: XV-6800 (Flashed)
Mobile Carrier: Cricket
Mobile OS: 6.1

View DenverDev's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View DenverDev's Photo Album Add DenverDev's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by Sh0wNuF View Post

haha yeah they try to compete, and they do get enough business to stay in business but they are more of a lower end cell phone company and just don't offer the perks/deals like unlimited data, t.v, navigation and other stuff like the other major companies do
Actually they offer full unlimited data/voice/text/sMMS etc for $50.00/month here in Denver....I have been using them for a number of years....For me, at least, I am not travelling outside of their coverage area (bascially from Wyoming to New Mexico along the front range (Denver))....The 50.00 plan also included 30 minutes of roaming. I use about 2 minutes of that per month, usually when in the depths of the mall etc...The coverage here is great.......better than my GF's Verizon in many area....

Downside.....the phones that they actually offer through the store are typically low end......There has been talk of them releasing a PDA phone, but I have not seen anything yet....A flashed HTC works really well with some tweaks for PIE and MMS.....easily found at PPCgeeks and Xda.......When i can get the $$ together for a TP, i will definitely be upgrading....The guy who flashed mine has full flashes for TP, Touch, Mogul...he is who got me so interested (and thusly caused so many sleepless nights for me in here!)

The long and the short of it is fully unlimited everything for alot less than the others IMO..........Unless you are travelling alot outside of you home coverage area, IMO its definitely worth looking into......

HTH
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DenverDev For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2009, 01:41 AM
Still Learning
Mobile Model: Touch Pro, Hero
Mobile Carrier: Sprint Ahead

View lordhelmet's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View lordhelmet's Photo Album Add lordhelmet's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Had never heard of Cricket until I saw their bilboards and stores in Chicago while I was there on business a few weeks ago. It just looks like a green Metro PCS to me!
Forgot to mention that I have not seen them here in the SoCal area.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lordhelmet For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2009, 01:42 AM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro
Mobile OS: 6.1

View gbogart100's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View gbogart100's Photo Album Add gbogart100's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Yeah Cricket does heavy promotions here in San Diego. Same plan, $50 for unlimited everything. I heard their coverage area is going nationwide??? Anyone hear this? I'm an old school SERO man, so I have no need for lowballer cell phone service, but cricket seems like a healthy alternative...
The Following User Says Thank You to gbogart100 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2009, 05:36 PM
EkLiPz3
Mobile Model: BB Bold 9700
Mobile Carrier: T-Mobile
Mobile OS: BlackBerry

View eklipz3's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View eklipz3's Photo Album Add eklipz3's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Ya there not here where im at either but this is a big metro pcs area and the company's are damn there the same so i wouldnt think they'd try to open anything up out here without either not getting or losing alot of business. Metro's tryin to come up in the world now tho.. the got a blackberry and a samsung finesee(touch screen) but i think ill just stick with my TP with them and be happy
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eklipz3 For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
cricket, mobile