Old 04-08-2009, 06:48 PM
jr5416 jr5416 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: TOUCHpro2
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 6,709 Times in 2,216 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View jr5416's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jr5416's Photo Album Add jr5416's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
TOUCH pro mod-LEDs

Look what i found over at ppcgeeks spj looks like this guy found a way to put some light in his TOUCH pro,some here has gotta try this out and let us know how it turned out for you.Here is a link with more info.

Code

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=63788
Attached Thumbnails
100_1297.jpg   100_1298.jpg   tpp.jpg  

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to jr5416 For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked
Old 04-08-2009, 07:05 PM
Creativity Unleashed
Mobile Model: htc pro2 baby!!!!!!
Mobile Carrier: sprint
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 4,467 Times in 1,422 Posts

View PHE-NOM's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View PHE-NOM's Photo Album Add PHE-NOM's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: TOUCH pro mod-LEDs

“ Originally Posted by jr5416 View Post

Look what i found over at ppcgeeks spj looks like this guy found a way to put some light in his TOUCH pro,some here has gotta try this out and let us know how it turned out for you.Here is a link with more info.

Code

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=63788
looks like disco lights bro! lol, ecstacy trip anyone......

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PHE-NOM For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2009, 07:06 PM
jr5416 jr5416 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: TOUCHpro2
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 6,709 Times in 2,216 Posts

View jr5416's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jr5416's Photo Album Add jr5416's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

If you guys read the comments over there the guy said he did this with a sharpie lol a marker thats crazy .

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jr5416 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2009, 07:10 PM
Creativity Unleashed
Mobile Model: htc pro2 baby!!!!!!
Mobile Carrier: sprint
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 4,467 Times in 1,422 Posts

View PHE-NOM's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View PHE-NOM's Photo Album Add PHE-NOM's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by jr5416 View Post

If you guys read the comments over there the guy said he did this with a sharpie lol a marker thats crazy .
yeah, he probably color the light in different colors. i guess thats called customizing right?lol

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PHE-NOM For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2009, 03:20 AM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro
Mobile OS: 6.1

Thanked 1,455 Times in 377 Posts

View Metalmayhem's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Metalmayhem's Photo Album Add Metalmayhem's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Ive been hesitating to try these after I saw this on ppcgeeks also. I think all you have to do is color in the silicon under the key pad for the color to show up. the original poster of that thread actually changed the l.e.d's talk about crazy! I don't think i would be able to do all that soldering.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Metalmayhem For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2009, 04:15 AM
NOOB 4 EVER
Mobile Model: Touch Pro
Mobile OS: 6.1

Thanked 1,370 Times in 335 Posts

View gadget945's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View gadget945's Photo Album Add gadget945's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

There are CBs that I have worked on that have these surface mount LEDs in them. This really looks awesome, but there are a few reasons I won't be doing it soon.

First - you'd need specific matches to make them work right. They all seem to take different amperage to run correctly. And the blue ones get hot quick.

Second - soldering these circuits is more like riding a motorcycle with a helmet on backwards than looking for a needle in a haystack. One misstep and your equipment is toast, there is no rebuilding the circuit. (I have to have lots of quiet time to work on these circuits, this is not something that you rush.)

Third - taking apart my month old TP is just too wacked for even me to consider.

Fourth - hubby says I can't take his apart instead.

Using sharpies would be okay, but seems like too much of a pain for the end result. There is some .35mm film that I have used for a kind of shading effect, comes in 4 different colors, red, blue, green and purple.

I'm guessing that this would totally and without question jack any thoughts of a warranty replacement, huh?

Anybody want to send me theirs, and I can test the circuits and find replacements and do the mods? You can call yours in lost and stolen and get a replacement and then there would be a tester available? I've used my insurance twice in the last 12 months, so I can't do it.

BTW - I have some color changing ones that would look awesome, but would probably drain your battery quick, not sure if the amperage would match either.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gadget945 For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
modleds, pro, touch