Mike20PR Mike20PR is offline   Thread Starter  
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 6,468 Times in 1,715 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View Mike20PR's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mike20PR's Photo Album Add Mike20PR's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
When Can We See Some SPJ Custom Titanuim Themes

As everybody can clearly see, titanium or c-home used in WM6.5 is becoming more commonly used now that 6.5 is becoming stable and can be used on a daily basis, now there are some customizations that can be done to this simple interface which i believe shouldn't be too difficult to skin, that makes it pop out more than people give it credit for, including the start menu also so it has a lot of potential and i just wanted to bring that up so it gets more interest now that we have some talented skin designers looking for something new.

Titanium Modifications

Code

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=63086&highlight=titanium

here are some screenies i found to show you what i mean

Here is some info on customizing the .tsk, menus, notifications etc.

Code

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=501506

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Mike20PR For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked
Old 04-12-2009, 09:12 PM
ADMIN-Watch what you say!
Mobile Model: Touch PRO2, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: On the NOW Network

Thanked 6,030 Times in 1,977 Posts

View BiG JeW's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BiG JeW's Photo Album Add BiG JeW's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: When Can We See Some SPJ Custom Titanuim Themes

+1! I was saying to myself with TP2 and WM 6.5 and TF3D-2/RHoDiuM this is the new "ERA" so to speak. Mike nice post and great pics.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to BiG JeW For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2009, 09:26 PM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN

View Mike20PR's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mike20PR's Photo Album Add Mike20PR's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

added a link on customizing titanium and making your own menus .tsk etc. etc.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mike20PR For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2009, 11:27 PM
Shizzile on the WIzzel
Mobile Model: HTC TOUCH PRO
Mobile Carrier: SPRINT phone on MTS
Mobile OS: 6.1

Thanked 2,069 Times in 450 Posts

View PROBEX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View PROBEX's Photo Album Add PROBEX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Wow I'm so confused there is so much going on in the smartphone area these past months its hard to imagine really... lol its moving fast and with the new tegra platforms just around the corner, it about to get crazy... up in here. Seems I just learn a new system and another comes out. I deff can tell you the reason for such limited amounts of themes for anything latley is guys like me are starting to burn out a bit... Once 6.5 anf TF3D2 merge into one perfect running unit to make a full theme transformation will realistly take close to 2 months to complete. That is a massive ... MASSIVE ... amount of work... I willing to bet [since I have not done anything for 6.5 yet] It will be close to 2500 images to make a theme that covers TF3D2, winmo 6.5, all the new taskbars and areas within as well as locking software apps, dialers... OMG start to get a slow head ache just trying to think of all that needs to be done. lol No worries I'm not saying I'm not up for the challenge as I am of coarse. I'm just sayiing the days of a new theme ever couple weeks [that all match] are going to be slim pickings would be my bet. Its always hard for me knowing how long its going to take to know what to work on, since the changes are happening so fast. I can finish something and 2 days later people are already asking for it to be converted to something else...lol [Not saying thats happening here] I honestly I don't blame anyone of coarse we all want the latest and greatest... but what is that right now??? hard to tell with so much going on lol. My thinking... I am going to finish my port of my TF7X theme to TF3D-2 [since I personaly miss that theme on my phone] then I will wait for Juicy and Mike to move the copper platform into there builds as a base, Then I will start work on a massive total transformation package that will cover everything. [Yes we all hope its something nice..lol] To be honest and a realist with the size of a project like this I can't see being able to turn out more then 2 or 3 themes a year. Well themes that encompass everything like mine do. I know there are guys who can jamb out a theme in a few weeks but they are seldom if ever complete themes.

I'm one of the few who find it nessisary to skin as much as I possibly can I just hate hitting a page that looks 1/2 done... every icon every image.... everything possible. Thats my motto.

And since they picked coppers base color as such a pretty orange it may be a good time for everyone to start begging D/\SH to allow me to start the O-My-OrangeX windows mobile 6.5 TF3D-2 ULTIMATE package. but don't get to excited even if he say's its a go the full theme as it sits is only 1/4 of what will need to be done for that conversion.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to PROBEX For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2009, 11:32 PM
ADMIN-Watch what you say!
Mobile Model: Touch PRO2, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: On the NOW Network

Thanked 6,030 Times in 1,977 Posts

View BiG JeW's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BiG JeW's Photo Album Add BiG JeW's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

WoW! Looking forward to see what you are going to cook up for these platforms. Probex the GREAT... I wish there were others that could make these themes half as good as you do. ( i know i am asking for too much). In any case.. lookin forward to what you got cooking. IM HUNGRY!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BiG JeW For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2009, 01:26 AM
Mobile Model: Sprint Touch Pro

Thanked 1,567 Times in 480 Posts

View Sh0wNuF's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Sh0wNuF's Photo Album Add Sh0wNuF's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

First--->Probex you are the ultimate skinner/graphics designer out there, and not just because you do amazing work, it is because you are so dedicated to making your theme as complete and perfect as possible...I definitely wouldn't mind only 2-3 themes a year from you as they would be the greatest....fuzeberry what?

Second--->I agree with Mike....I just flashed my first 6.5 rom and will never go back to 6.1(definitely lookin forward to PLATINUM!!!) and I love the interface...simple yet elegant....and I would definitely love to see some new themes.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sh0wNuF For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2009, 03:17 AM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch & Pro!!

Thanked 4,891 Times in 1,440 Posts

View crazaytalent's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View crazaytalent's Photo Album Add crazaytalent's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by PROBEX View Post

Wow I'm so confused there is so much going on in the smartphone area these past months its hard to imagine really... lol its moving fast and with the new tegra platforms just around the corner, it about to get crazy... up in here. Seems I just learn a new system and another comes out. I deff can tell you the reason for such limited amounts of themes for anything latley is guys like me are starting to burn out a bit... Once 6.5 anf TF3D2 merge into one perfect running unit to make a full theme transformation will realistly take close to 2 months to complete. That is a massive ... MASSIVE ... amount of work... I willing to bet [since I have not done anything for 6.5 yet] It will be close to 2500 images to make a theme that covers TF3D2, winmo 6.5, all the new taskbars and areas within as well as locking software apps, dialers... OMG start to get a slow head ache just trying to think of all that needs to be done. lol No worries I'm not saying I'm not up for the challenge as I am of coarse. I'm just sayiing the days of a new theme ever couple weeks [that all match] are going to be slim pickings would be my bet. Its always hard for me knowing how long its going to take to know what to work on, since the changes are happening so fast. I can finish something and 2 days later people are already asking for it to be converted to something else...lol [Not saying thats happening here] I honestly I don't blame anyone of coarse we all want the latest and greatest... but what is that right now??? hard to tell with so much going on lol. My thinking... I am going to finish my port of my TF7X theme to TF3D-2 [since I personaly miss that theme on my phone] then I will wait for Juicy and Mike to move the copper platform into there builds as a base, Then I will start work on a massive total transformation package that will cover everything. [Yes we all hope its something nice..lol] To be honest and a realist with the size of a project like this I can't see being able to turn out more then 2 or 3 themes a year. Well themes that encompass everything like mine do. I know there are guys who can jamb out a theme in a few weeks but they are seldom if ever complete themes.

I'm one of the few who find it nessisary to skin as much as I possibly can I just hate hitting a page that looks 1/2 done... every icon every image.... everything possible. Thats my motto.

And since they picked coppers base color as such a pretty orange it may be a good time for everyone to start begging D/\SH to allow me to start the O-My-OrangeX windows mobile 6.5 TF3D-2 ULTIMATE package. but don't get to excited even if he say's its a go the full theme as it sits is only 1/4 of what will need to be done for that conversion.
Wow thats awesome to hear... but i have to wonder (and please feel free to school me, this is why I ask) if your not over thinking it, in the since that win mo 6.5 and f3d-2 are 2 standalone UI's although tf3d_2 maybe be running on top of 6.5, wouldnt designing complete all inclusive themes, be the same or equivelant as skinnin say m2d and then also skinning the old 6.1/6.0 today screen (the basic screen you coul add plugins too) or skinning m2d and htc home together on older generation devices like the touch and mogul? I ask that to wonder if itd just be easier to do a 6.5 theme seperate (i.e if you ported alienxtream) for some one to use, and if they really wanted to they could install he tf3d-2 version, but ultimatly it may save you some headache as the two UI's dont run together anyways? (hope Im making sense here...lol?)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to crazaytalent For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2009, 05:51 AM
Mobile Model: Sprint Pro
Mobile Carrier: 2963 DL speed REV A

Thanked 2,006 Times in 615 Posts

View broSki's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View broSki's Photo Album Add broSki's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I agree with prob, there is alot going on with UI's on wm platforms that designers are like WTFFF lol...but with the help of xbmod, he is porting out the final WORKING version of TF3D2 which includes more files b/c it has the comm manager plus its extended menus, and the SIP KB selector is different aswell....as far as the 6.5 UI, it isnt that commonly known and it isnt a definite that its what 6.5 is going for as of now...looks like 6.5 will have tf3d2 loaded in it being that the final release has been done....I know ppl getting tired of the old tf3d look but tf3d2 is so freakin cool lookin and doesnt get old for me, it just got better....but dnt get me wrong the titanium does look alot nicer skinned so I might give it a go around...thanks mikey for posting some screenies of some themes available, makes it look wayyyyy nicer...As screech would say " thanks Buuuuuuuudyy" lol
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to broSki For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2009, 08:36 AM
Mobile Model: HTCT0UCHPR0
Mobile Carrier: sprint

View lrddp's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View lrddp's Photo Album Add lrddp's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

this C00L IVE BEEN DYING TO LEARN HOW TO MAKE THEMES 4 THIS TITANIUM AND THE WHOLE 6.5 INTERFACE

The Following User Says Thank You to lrddp For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2009, 11:08 AM
Mobile Model: several
Mobile Carrier: quakor

View Longfist's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Longfist's Photo Album Add Longfist's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Cool theme,
Now i only have to do some research of fetting this in my mobile.
So i will have to read some more and search.
grtz
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Longfist For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2009, 11:29 AM
Shizzile on the WIzzel

View PROBEX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View PROBEX's Photo Album Add PROBEX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by crazaytalent View Post

Wow thats awesome to hear... but i have to wonder (and please feel free to school me, this is why I ask) if your not over thinking it, in the since that win mo 6.5 and f3d-2 are 2 standalone UI's although tf3d_2 maybe be running on top of 6.5, wouldnt designing complete all inclusive themes, be the same or equivelant as skinnin say m2d and then also skinning the old 6.1/6.0 today screen (the basic screen you coul add plugins too) or skinning m2d and htc home together on older generation devices like the touch and mogul? I ask that to wonder if itd just be easier to do a 6.5 theme seperate (i.e if you ported alienxtream) for some one to use, and if they really wanted to they could install he tf3d-2 version, but ultimatly it may save you some headache as the two UI's dont run together anyways? (hope Im making sense here...lol?)
I know the 2 don't always run as one but there are parts that overlap and for me those parts are enough to drive me nuts. lol also truely [usen the older tf2d as a reference ] it always drove me crazy that I could not skin the start menu icons and stuff to match but from what I understand in 6.5 all those things that were locked away in .dll files are no longer that way. It has bothered me that there are still parts of TF3D-2 that I have not found how to skin. In the AlienXtream skin there are still area's that were not complete but they were all I could find [so far] lol

The other thing that is very hard to get together is that its come down to picking my favorite rom to build from. As there are so dam many different things that a cooker can build into his or her roms that are different .. what works for one fails on another. say they cooked in the topaz icons on one and the stock Pro icons in another. Its hard to make something that works for both. I think that for now the next big thing will be 6.5 and TF3D-2 running as one on a platform. So that is were I plan to make the big steps. Yes in some ways its overthinking for sure.. but thats just me..lol on the upside someone can run either both or just one if I build it that way, and then everything will match. I'm quite sure we are only a few weeks away from having the first complete smooth running platforms that have both 6.5 and TF3D-2.

And yes I agree TF3D-2 is really a amazing piece of work [ the code is a mess but the entire idea was amazing]. And personally I love it. Once everything gets sorted to work right nothing else will be as complete as as usefull. Sure you could probably load 6 or 10 different pieces of software that will do all the same functions that TF3D-2 can do but they would never all match [skinnned] without some nightmare of a slaptogether. Its easy to see why they used such a simple back and grey concept theme to work from. Can you imagine what it would cost HTC to hire graphic designers to make a theme like TF7X for everything... knowing the hours I put into this stuff, and knowing that every graphics designer has thier own style, it would be almost impossible without only one person designing it. The software would have been obsolete before they completed it. And it would have been tons of cash for the development.

On the upside I look forward to being the only person that going to figure this entire thing out [mostly because others are smart enough to run when they see how much there is to do]. I have always held the motto that I can skin anything lets see if this is true shall we. lol

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to PROBEX For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2009, 03:04 PM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN

i agree with zay, titanium and tf3d-2 are two different interfaces. the point of my post was to gather interest in skinning the new things we can now skin with 6.5 like titanium, start menu icons/highlight, 3d menus etc. since they dont look too hard to do so unlike tf3d / tf3d-2 so more skin designers can actually give it a shot so we can have more people expressing their talent and more variety to choose from

ProbeX on the other hand, is a genius and no one can deny that so you can do your magic at your own pace cuz they are well worth the wait. but if you decide to try out a theme like this, you dont have to make a tf3d-2 theme also since not everyone uses it. making a titanuim / start menu / menu, notification combo i bet takes a hella less time then to make a tf3d-2 theme due to the way less graphics needed and the simple layout so you can pop a new theme every couple of days IMO. But if you use tf3d-2 then thats another issue cuz i know you would like to make something to match so its not my place to tell you not to since its also commonly used due to the new rhodium leaks

anyway, thats my opinion. too bad i might not be able to enjoy your future themes since i dont own a pro anymore but i just want to see some action QVGA /VGA wise on this, since it makes so much of a difference in the interface now that the layout of the UI is better put together and it meshes with the whole OS. Hell, i posted my screenshots a while back in the 'homescreen' section and as you can see just what difference just a wallpaper can do, i cant wait to see what a new custom setup can manage.

Im gonna fire up my gfx program and see what i can do, who knows? i might be able to make a cool theme for this lol

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mike20PR For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2009, 05:12 PM
Shizzile on the WIzzel

what how come no touch pro anymore? what are you on now?

Old 04-13-2009, 05:23 PM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN

what how come no touch pro anymore? what are you on now?
i gave it to my mom for her b-day since she wanted a office type device cuz she works as a personal assistant in the capitol and since everything is perfectlly set up for her, i cant use it as a guinea pig, so i bought a vogue for $50 almost new cuz the guy thought it was broken. turns out that he flashed a rom without unlocking and it hung at the boot screen. fixed it in 5 minutes lol....

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mike20PR For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2009, 12:28 AM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch & Pro!!

Thanked 4,891 Times in 1,440 Posts

View crazaytalent's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View crazaytalent's Photo Album Add crazaytalent's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I know the 2 don't always run as one but there are parts that overlap and for me those parts are enough to drive me nuts. lol also truely [usen the older tf2d as a reference ] it always drove me crazy that I could not skin the start menu icons and stuff to match but from what I understand in 6.5 all those things that were locked away in .dll files are no longer that way. It has bothered me that there are still parts of TF3D-2 that I have not found how to skin. In the AlienXtream skin there are still area's that were not complete but they were all I could find [so far] lol

The other thing that is very hard to get together is that its come down to picking my favorite rom to build from. As there are so dam many different things that a cooker can build into his or her roms that are different .. what works for one fails on another. say they cooked in the topaz icons on one and the stock Pro icons in another. Its hard to make something that works for both. I think that for now the next big thing will be 6.5 and TF3D-2 running as one on a platform. So that is were I plan to make the big steps. Yes in some ways its overthinking for sure.. but thats just me..lol on the upside someone can run either both or just one if I build it that way, and then everything will match. I'm quite sure we are only a few weeks away from having the first complete smooth running platforms that have both 6.5 and TF3D-2.

And yes I agree TF3D-2 is really a amazing piece of work [ the code is a mess but the entire idea was amazing]. And personally I love it. Once everything gets sorted to work right nothing else will be as complete as as usefull. Sure you could probably load 6 or 10 different pieces of software that will do all the same functions that TF3D-2 can do but they would never all match [skinnned] without some nightmare of a slaptogether. Its easy to see why they used such a simple back and grey concept theme to work from. Can you imagine what it would cost HTC to hire graphic designers to make a theme like TF7X for everything... knowing the hours I put into this stuff, and knowing that every graphics designer has thier own style, it would be almost impossible without only one person designing it. The software would have been obsolete before they completed it. And it would have been tons of cash for the development.

On the upside I look forward to being the only person that going to figure this entire thing out [mostly because others are smart enough to run when they see how much there is to do]. I have always held the motto that I can skin anything lets see if this is true shall we. lol

“ Originally Posted by Mike20PR View Post

i agree with zay, titanium and tf3d-2 are two different interfaces. the point of my post was to gather interest in skinning the new things we can now skin with 6.5 like titanium, start menu icons/highlight, 3d menus etc. since they dont look too hard to do so unlike tf3d / tf3d-2 so more skin designers can actually give it a shot so we can have more people expressing their talent and more variety to choose from

ProbeX on the other hand, is a genius and no one can deny that so you can do your magic at your own pace cuz they are well worth the wait. but if you decide to try out a theme like this, you dont have to make a tf3d-2 theme also since not everyone uses it. making a titanuim / start menu / menu, notification combo i bet takes a hella less time then to make a tf3d-2 theme due to the way less graphics needed and the simple layout so you can pop a new theme every couple of days IMO. But if you use tf3d-2 then thats another issue cuz i know you would like to make something to match so its not my place to tell you not to since its also commonly used due to the new rhodium leaks

anyway, thats my opinion. too bad i might not be able to enjoy your future themes since i dont own a pro anymore but i just want to see some action QVGA /VGA wise on this, since it makes so much of a difference in the interface now that the layout of the UI is better put together and it meshes with the whole OS. Hell, i posted my screenshots a while back in the 'homescreen' section and as you can see just what difference just a wallpaper can do, i cant wait to see what a new custom setup can manage.

Im gonna fire up my gfx program and see what i can do, who knows? i might be able to make a cool theme for this lol
Wow Probex... I hvae to say I really admire your dedication to your craft, its definatly and admirable trait and speaking as a performer (I know two seperate things) I can relate to that strive for perfection within ones own craft, and the fact that often times we can be our own worse critics... still its awesome to see the devotion you have and how serious you take what you do, which is why your one of if not the best in the game IMO...

Thats being said, I feel where mike is comeing from, w/ hoping and wanting to see more diverse work popping up for 6.5, especially with the seemingly simplicity of it at least when compared to touch flo 3d, etc...

I will say... addressing the issue the point that the next 'big thing' will be 6.5 w/ tf3d2 (or maybe m2d or ported tf3d for qvga devices)... I have to agree, although I do not think itll be weeks before we have complete intergrated sysem as I believe we are there now (with roms like Star rom (my personal favorite and one of the best roms out for tp IMO) and phantom rom... but piggybacking of that, the first theme I installed on that was your Alienxtreame tf3d2 theme, and then I added the alienX vga wallpaper for a matching look (although I may have preferred the exact same wallpaper as the alienxtream, black w/ green smoke bkgrnd), but still imade theme both work... Ultimatly I can see the advantage of a designer like you going all out... but like mike said... seeing work done now for the 6.5 interface will be awesome to see and to start playing with!

(off topic)And mike props to hooking your moms up... thats a saacrifice Im not sure I couldve made... but real cool of you... I mightve just ive her the vogue and kept thepro...lol... your a better man than I...lol!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to crazaytalent For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2009, 12:44 AM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

very nice probey and yes can be released as touchflo 3-d 2
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2009, 08:28 AM
Shizzile on the WIzzel

Originally Posted by Juicy47

So I just benched a new test build based on 6.5 (VSBench2007)

JuicyNEW - 2758
Juicy 6 - 2694
Copper - 2492

Looks like I will have a testbed for 6.5 and TF3D-2 sooner then I thought.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PROBEX For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
custom, spj, themes, titanuim